Start by marking “Cage (Reykjavik Noir Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cage (Reykjavik Noir Trilogy, #3)

Cage

(Reykjavík Noir Trilogy #3)

Drugs, smuggling, big money and political intrigue in Iceland rally with love, passion, murder and betrayal until the winner takes all … in the masterful, explosive conclusion to the award-winning Reykjavík Noir trilogy…

The prison doors slam shut behind Agla, when her sentence ends, but her lover Sonja is not there to meet her.

As a group of foreign businessmen

Published August 17th 2019 by Orenda Books

To ask other readers questions about Cage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cage

Start your review of Cage (Reykjavik Noir Trilogy, #3)
Laura Rash
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I devoured this in just a few hours. If you’ve read the first 2 books in this series and loved them like I did, then you won’t be disappointed with this one! The evolution of the characters, the fast paced storyline and wonderful ending made for a fantastic read! And I’m left singing a favorite ABBA song as well! Lol
Yvonne (It's All About Books)

Finished reading: October 1st 2019

"Life was like a game. Even with a handful of bad cards, it's better to be the one calling trumps."

*** A copy of this book was kindly provided to me by Anne Cater and the publisher in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ***

(view spoiler) ...more
Dimitris Passas
Sep 06, 2019 rated it liked it
"This reminder was something he needed; the reminder that he was human. It was the same as the Roman Emperors who had a slave walking behind them, whispering "remember you are mortal" ". (6%-Kindle Edition)

I have to admit that I held higher expectations for this novel as I truly loved the previous two books in the trilogy, "Snare" and "Trap", but the final impressions are somehow mixed. One thing is for certain: "Cage" is a weaker novel than its two predecessors, though that cannot b
Susan Hampson
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-reads
This is one lively, all-action, and shocking ending to this superb trilogy. Even before Agla is released from prison she already has her sleeves rolled up and delving into a new venture with the outside help of a surprising accomplice from her past. Alga is the central character in this story so it takes more of an industrial and commercial avenue than drugs. It is more the devastation and life-destroying elements of victims that are focused on through addiction this time, as Alga feels the dire ...more
Thebooktrail
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Visit the locations in the novel

That was quite the ending to the Trilogy! A story which not only ends with a bang but which will reverberate in your ears for some time to come.

Constantly changing POVS, Agla's fight to find out the truth, a journalist's search for the truth about the aluminum and metal plants in both Iceland and the USA, international conspiracies, a boy with a misguided goal - living under the shadow of immigration. That's before the drugs baron and those under h
Patricia
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let me just say it's a 10 star triology. Lilja is a master of keeping you in the dark just long enough to sweeten the enlightenment when it comes. She is also a master puzzle maker and of dropping little clues everywhere.

There was a great main storyline and great tributaries of little ones which all flowed into the main story.

My only problem is that my mind, body, and soul, are just not done with Sonja and Agla.
Jessica
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Agla finds herself locked away behind prison bars where she faces the consequences for a banking scandal. Her lover Sonja stood by her throughout much of her struggles, but now she has left Agla and won’t be there waiting for her once her sentence is complete. Agla looks for ways to fill the void left behind by Sonja and soon finds herself deep into an investigation of the aluminum industry that has the potential for a scandal to span Iceland and around the world.

Sonja thought her ti
Karen Cole
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cage is the final book in Lilja Sigurdardóttir's Reykjavik Noir trilogy and while it can be read as a standalone, I would recommend reading the previous books, Snare and Trap in order to truly appreciate the development of the characters over the series. Quentin Bates has once again translated the book into English and as always has ensured the language flows as beautifully as it did in its native Icelandic.
The lead character in the first two novels, Sonja has a smaller role to play here with h
James
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the third title in the author’s Reykjavik Noir series and I have a confession to make. When invited to review the title I had not read the previous two titles in the series (despite having them on my kindle) and so I quickly read all three back to back. I toyed with the idea of writing an individual review for each title, but in the end, I have opted to just write the one review, which while focusing primarily on Cage, is really a review of the trilogy as a whole. If this sounds a little ...more
Mairead Hearne (swirlandthread.com)
Having previously read Book 1, SNARE, in the Reykjavik Noir Trilogy by Icelandic writer Lilja Sigurdardóttir, I was looking forward to returning to the series (albeit after missing out on Book 2, TRAP ). But I soon dived in and it was like returning to visit some rather threatening old friends!

CAGE concludes the series, which has been described by the Sunday Express as ‘a searing portrait of the less salubrious parts of the Icelandic psyche as well as a riveting thrller.' Due for paperback publication on 17th Octob/>
The Reads
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Many Thanks to Anne Cater and Orenda Books for my copy of the book and my spot on the blog tour. All thoughts are my own.

Wow another killer read from Orenda Books. This is my second blog tour in the Nordic Noir genre this week and wow wow wow. This genre is relatively new to me, but I am quite simply loving it. The intrigue, the mystery and the amazing landscape make it the perfect ingredients for a five-star read. This really was the perfect series to binge read on those cold autumn
Claire Stibbe
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cage by Lilja Sigurdardottir is a crime thriller, published by Orenda Books. With an editorial quote by Val McDermid, I knew I was in for a treat! Told in multiple points of view, it’s an easy read with complex underpinnings that give the book that extra oomph!

Agla is restless and sitting out a sentence for financial crimes. Unable to get over why her girlfriend Sonja left her, life on the inside offers plenty of distractions. An Islandic smelter scheme for one. With Maria nosing aro
David Harris
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm grateful to Karen at Orenda Books for an advance copy of Cage and to Anne Cater for inviting me to take part in the blogtour. (I'm so pleased to be on another Orenda tour! Look at the great bloggers on the poster - and me!)

Cage is the third and final part of Sigurðardóttir's Reykjavík Noir trilogy, following Snare and Trap. The title's well chosen - not only does a cage feature, but in various ways the principal characters here are all caged.

Agla, of course, is litera
J Fearnley
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5-5*

There is such a lot packed into this one!

We have Agla coming to the end of her sentence for her part as a financial wheeler-dealer which resulted in the 2008 banking collapse in Iceland. She is hired to look into what is happening in the aluminium sector. She brings in María, a former banking prosecutor, who is now an investigative journalist with The Squirrel. Whilst prison has taken its toll on Agla it seems that she may not have learnt her lesson. However, this a
Yvonne
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Things have finally come to an end in Cage. This book brings everything from Snare and Trap together.

Once again Agla is in the midst of drug smuggling, corruption and is against those who thirst for even more power. This story focuses more on Agla and her decision to look into a different tale of corruption. She is delving into the truth behind the mixed metal and aluminium business.

If you have not read Snare or Trap then you really should. Many of the characters have bee
Beverley
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019

I’ve been a huge fan of the Reykjavík Noir trilogy of books by Lilja Sigurðardóttir with the first two, Snare and Trap being two novels I really loved. I was a bit hesitant about reading Cage, the final instalment in this series of books about drug running, financial crime and ordinary people finding themselves in extraordinary situations as I really didn’t want the trilogy to end.

Although this book could be read as a standalone I would advise reading the other two first so
Book-Social
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Cage immediately felt very different to books one and two in the Reykjavik Trilogy (Snare and Trap), If you haven’t read them already I do recommend them. Not just because they give Cage context, but because they are both very good.

In some ways though Cage was a completely different book with a different axis. Drugs and money making schemes are still central. However instead of drug smuggling, the focus is more on the addicts and the struggles they have down at the bottom of the chai
Maria
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
From time to time it’s interesting to read the point of view of the “bad people”, because we are used to read about the good detectives who discover always the killer, or the doctor that saves lives but what about the drug lords, the tax evader? The really bad people of the world, who writes about them? That’s Lilja Sigurdardottir work, and let me say that her work is so amazing that you even care what happens to them! Yes, because Lilja makes them human, with faults and problems, they didn’t st ...more
Jane Hunt
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the final book in an Iceland Noir trilogy, which explores the underbelly of Iceland. The underworld of crime that appears to be gaining a foothold, as Iceland becomes increasingly globalised.

I haven’t read the previous two books in this trilogy, and so can only review the final book. Whilst I gained a taste of the ethos of the setting, and the motivations of the main characters, this would be more powerful, if you read the previous two books.

The story focuses on A
Lel Budge
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: anne-cater
This is #3 in the series, set in Iceland and while it can be read as a stand-alone, it may take a little while to catch up on the overall tale.

This starts with Agla struggling to come to terms with the prospect of being released from prison, back into the outside world.

A visitor then offers her a job, to use her connections to the aluminium industry as there seems to be something untoward happening with the supply. Maria, an investigative journalist is helping.

Czytatnik
Od ostatniego spotkania Agli i Sonji minęło trochę czasu. Teraz „banksterka” odsiaduje swój wyrok w nowowybudowanym więzieniu. Im bliżej do daty zwolnienia warunkowego tym kobieta zaczyna odczuwać większy niepokój związany z wyjściem na wolność. Jej desperacka próba samobójcza kończy się jednak niepowodzeniem. Wszystko zmienia się, gdy wraca ze szpitala do szarej więziennej codzienności. Podczas jej nieobecności pojawia się nowa dziewczyna, która z jakiegoś powodu budzi w Agli dawno zapomniane u ...more
Between The Pages Book Club (Gemma M)
Cage is book three in the Reykjavik Noir trilogy, best read in order. Beautifully translated by Quentin Bates. A brilliant end to the trilogy.
Tense, edgy and a real page turner. Alga is getting out of prison but will she stay away and out of trouble? The chapters are short and flick to each characters story which all relate, making it an easy to read story. It’s action packed! Always something to keep you turning those pages and on edge.
A well deserved four stars. Highly recommend th
Alex  Jones
Firstly I had better point out that this is the final part of a trilogy that i havent read the first two-part of, so my bad, not that it detracts from this story but clearly it would be better for my reading and enjoyment had I read the first 2 instalments, something I fully intend to do and then re read this final part.

Moving on from that, it's quite clear to see that Lilja Sigurdardottir is a very accomplished crime writer, as she spins this tale along.

It is
Kollster
Mér fannst fyrri bækurnar mun betri en þessi síðast í þríleiknum hennar Lilju, en í raun aðallega út af pólitíkinni í þessari, leiðist pólitískar fléttur inn í spennusögum.
Ragnheiður Kristjánsdóttir
Fínn lokapúnktur þríleiksins. Það er samt sem áður eiginlega nauðsynlegt að hafa lesið allar hinar til að skilja hana að fullu.
Sara
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Stop reading the series after book 2. This book was far too convoluted and I didn't buy some of the character shifts.
Jen
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-challenge
I have loved reading this series and a part of me, quite a large part, is very sad to see it come to an end. But end it must and, to be fair, as endings go, this one is pretty spot on.

With Cage, Lilja Sigurðardóttir has moved the primary focus away from former series protagonist Sonja, to her one time lover, Agla, and those who touch upon her new, drastically altered, life. As readers of the series will be aware, Agla was in some pretty hot water for her part in the financial tricker
Le Carnet de Stitch
Lien : https://lecarnetdestitch.blogspot.com...

Je tiens à préciser que j'ai lu ce roman d'une traite avant de voir qu'il s'agissait du troisième tome de la trilogie Reykjavík noir. Après la lecture de ce fameux troisième tome, on s'aperçoit que, même si on a pas lu les deux premiers tomes, cela ne nous empêche pas de comprendre l'histoire. Bien qu'il soit préférable de lire les deux premiers tomes Piégée et Le filet pour comprendre certains éléments présents dans ce roman.

Fan de littérature nordique, et surtout de littératu
Ellen
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review to follow over at Bibliophilebookclub.com on the 18th of October.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
English Translati...: Lilja Sigurdardottir - Cage 1 7 Oct 15, 2019 10:38AM

• Little Siberia
  • Nothing Important Happened Today
  • Blood Song (Emily Roy & Alexis Castells #3)
  • In the Absence of Miracles
  • Violet
  • Ghoster
  • Rewind
  • Through the Wall
  • Kureren
  • Safe House
  • Drungi (Hidden Iceland #2)
  • The Closer I Get
  • Dead Inside (Maggie Jamieson, #1)
  • Endgame (Fawkes and Baxter, #3)
  • Myrkrið veit (Konráð, #1)
  • The July Girls
  • Breakers
  • Lock Me In
Liljas newest book, Netið ((Tangle) was published by Forlagid publishing in October 2016 and is the second book in the Reykjavík Noir Trilogy.
Lilja started her writing career in 2008 when she sent a manuscript of a novel to a competition run by the publishing house Bjartur whose aim was to find the Icelandic Dan Brown. Lilja got a publishing deal out of the competition and in 2009 her first book, the crim(

Reykjavík Noir Trilogy (3 books)
  • Snare (Reykjavik Noir Trilogy, #1)
  • Netið