Start by marking “The Truth About Us” as Want to Read:

Jolie
Griffin Campbell was the typical bad boy. My father warned me not to get too close. But he’s handsome as hell with eyes the color of the ocean, and he’s fiercely loyal and loves unconditionally. I couldn’t stay away when he was the only boy to ever claim my heart. I gave him all my firsts . . . and he left me behind.
Ten years later, he’s returned home offering answers
Paperback
Published 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Truth About Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Truth About Us

Paula
Uhh. Why is it so hard these days for anyone to write a good 2nd chance romance???

Per reviews:
(view spoiler)
Elle's Book Blog
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-2019, romance
Release Date: August 7, 2019
Genre: Second Chance Romance

Once again, R.C. Stephens writes a heart stopping and beautiful romance! The Truth About Us is one of those books that gripped me for an entire day. I didn't want to stop reading as I was so invested in Jolie and Griffin's story. The chemistry was beautiful. The journey back to love gave me butterflies. And the ending was perfect. There were a few unexpected moments that I wasn't expecting but everything played out so well. I had a majo
R.C. Stephens
Jun 18, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
The cover is done and so perfect. I'm seriously swooning. Like I can't stop looking at the guy. He is so dang hot!!!

Edits are almost done and my editor is over the moon with the story. Eeep!

I also have a release date of August 7th.
Stay tuned!

Edits are all done and The Truth About Us is with the proofreader.
My editor is completely in love with this story.
I can't wait for you all to read it!!!
The countdown begins

IT'S COVER REVEAL DAY!!!! WOOHOO!
Anne OK
I was disappointed in the writing -- it felt stilted and at times a whole lot immature. There is an overload of angst -- some of which could have been left out altogether. Too much telling and not enough of the feels. I never really connected with either main character. The potential was there for something much better. There's a nice Epilogue that gives the book a big boost -- and everything wraps up into a satisfactory HEA.
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
4.5 Stars

A great story from R.C. Stephens that completely enthralled me from the very beginning.

During their younger years Griff and Jolie were in love but he was older than her and also her brothers best friend, causing them to keep their relationship a secret. When Griff leaves Jolie after they sleep together for the first time she's left heartbroken.
Now ten years later a family emergency forces them back together will this be a second chance for them or is there just too much standing in the
AJ
3 stars

A romantic and dramatic read featuring two of my favourite tropes – second-chance and brother’s-best-friend – this book is a twisty rollercoaster ride as two teenage sweethearts navigate their way back to each other after years apart.

Jolie and Griffin met as teenagers when he befriended her big brother, Logan. Griff had a difficult home life and practically lived with Jolie’s family, and their feelings for each other grew from childhood friends to first, all-consuming love. They kept it a
Renee
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Jolie: Griffin Campbell was the typical bad boy. My father warned me not to get too close. But he's handsome as hell with eyes the color of the ocean, and he's fiercely loyal and loves unconcditionally. I couldn't stay away when he was the only boy to ever claim my heart. I gave him all my first...and he left me behind. Ten years later, he has returned home offering answers as to why he left because h
Cassidy (cassidyreads)
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I LOVED THIS BOOK! This was an amazing second chance romance/ Brother’s best friend romance and I’m so glad I got the chance to read it. Griffin was an absolute amazing character. I loved his heart and his push to get the love of his life back. Jolie or Jojo had such a beautiful soul, she cared so much for her family and even for Griffin. Jolie and Griffin had amazing chemistry and it was so great to see that they still had that spark many years later, especially without seeing each other. Watch ...more
Michelle Krystel
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advance readers copy of this book and have decided to write a voluntary honest review. I am rating this book 4.5 stars. Ok so absolutely loved these two story but I have admit Griff pissed my off with one of his last decisions. I personally think that if you truly love someone and you want to be with them forever you put them first above everything else. I know how Griff grew up but still I'm sticking to what I just said.
Avidez Literaria
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it

“You were always my favorite memory and my biggest regret.”

Jolie and Griff loved each other. Dating in secret, the two were friends, confidants and shared many things over the years. About to turn eighteen, Jolie gives herself to her boyfriend, in a passionate and special moment. And that was the last time she saw him. Griff disappeared from her life without saying goodbye.
Ten years later, Jolie lives in New York, is a widow and is trying to find her way. When she receives a call from her mother
The Smutbrarians
Panty Scorching 2
Storyline 3
Angst 2
Tissues 0
Overall Rating 3.5
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Stephanie

Growing up Jolie was Griff’s best friend’s little sister so she was supposed to be off limits but the heart can’t help who it wants. These two fell in love between secret rendezvous and years spent getting to know each other. Even though they were teens, they had to keep their love hidden because Jolie’s brother and her judgmental and horrible Dad thought less of Griff. These two tho
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
A second chance, new adult, little sister/brother-best friend love story. This is one love story with so many twists and turns showing that love isn't a straight line. Can you really say you'd make the same choices again at twenty that you'd make at thirty? People change regardless of whom they are with or maybe because of whom they are with. The Truth Of Us is an amazing book that delves into the choices we make, the family we have, and the family we surround ourselves with by choice.

R. C. Step
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Griffin and Jolie have history, the kind that stings every time it wanders into their mind, or the other's name is mentioned in conversation. Growing up Jolie always had a thing for her brother's best friend Griffin, but being that he was older, and well off limits, she tried her best to keep her crush under-wraps. That is until her senior year of high school, by then the crush had festered into a full blown addiction, and she knew what they had was something worth holding onto, so she made her ...more
Johnaka
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Truth About Us by R.C. Stephens
“brother’s best friend/second chance romance, 4 stars”

Jolie and Griffin have history. They used to be as close as could be. Then that closeness turned into a romance that they thought would last a life time. But life got in the way and they separated. Now years later they find themselves in each other’s presence for the first time in a long time. One thing is for sure, those pesky little feelings they used to have? They are still there and stronger than ever. T
Vickie
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it

Jolie was shattered when the love of her life walked away without a backwards glance. Moving on was hard for her but eventually she meets Mason and starts a new life for herself. Ten years after her first love broke her heart, circumstances throw them back together. Jolie is now a widow and life hasn’t been kind to her. I really like Jolie. She’s been through a lot and she’s still dealing with the aftermath. Seeing Griff after so long isn’t easy for her and brings all that old heartache rushing
Kelly
Aug 07, 2019 rated it liked it
I received an arc in exchange for an honest review. Griffin was Jolie's brothers best friend growing up. Jolie and Griffin were friends until their feelings grew into something more. Griffin did not have the best home life and because of that he was at Jolie's house quite a bit. After a tragedy strikes both Jolie and Griffin return home, but will Jolie understand why Griffin had to leave and will Griffin even tell her why he left? This is a second chance romance book with a lot of drama. I felt ...more
Ashley
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, read-2019
After reading this blurb I knew I needed to get my hands on this book. Second chance romances are my favorite. R.C. Stephens is a new to me author and I can’t wait to read more work from this author.

Jolie and Griffin grew up together and had a special friendship. He was best friends with Jolie’s older brother and off limits. As they got older they couldn’t fight their feelings any more and had a secret relationship. Jolie thought things were good between them until one day he was just gone.

Now
Thuy Taylor
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Griffin and Jolie are each others everything until it all went to crap. Griffin struggled growing up, and found a second home with his best friends family, included in that family is his best friends sister, Jolie. These two loved each other so deeply, until it wasn't anymore. Fast forward years later, not seeing each other all those years, they both figure that they still have this connection.

Life has happened while they were apart, their second chance at love is here, knocking hard at the door
Wendy Livingstone
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jolie is the little sister of Griffin’s best friend and they are sweethearts, albeit secretly, until he disappears one day. Now 10 years later they are both back in town for a family tragedy, and the attraction between them is still as intense are it always was. Will Griffin be able to convince Jolie to take a 2nd chance on them? This is a beautifully written story which is an emotional roller coaster journey throughout which had me on tenterhooks. This story is filled with drama, secrets, twist ...more
SCBookAddict
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Griffin is Jolie's older brother's best friend. When they were young, their relationship somehow grew from friendship into something more. Then Griffin just up and left with no goodbye to Jolie.
Now, ten years later, they are seeing each other for the first time. Both have been through a lot and both are carrying a lot of baggage. Their struggle isn't their attraction to each other, it's everything else the world throws at them.
This book constantly pulled at my heart strings. You know the sayin
Danielle S.
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jolie & Griffin’s love story will bring you on quite the journey.

Having known each other nearly their entire lives, he being her big brother’s best friend he was constantly around. Their love developed over time and when they were ready they had a secret relationship. Jolie’s father wasn’t the nicest man to Griff, and eventually Griff broke Jolie’s heart.

Fast forward 10 years. There’s been much more heartache and break, but when these two are reunited it doesn’t take long to fall back into
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Jolie and Griff have a history that will pull at your heart from the get-go. A heartbreaker of a story with chemistry and a ton of feelings. I really enjoyed this second chance romance by RC Stephens. It sucked me and and kept me on edge until the very end.

Reviewed by: Lauren L.
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
What a lot of heart-wrenching twists and turns there are in this book, the revelations and consequences are so emotional.

Griff and Jolie have been to hell and back from a young age. I felt a lot of sadness/grief for them both. This is their second chance at love with each other but ten years apart doesn't make it easy. There are so many factors trying to keep these two apart, secrets being one factor. I was certainly rooting for them!

I loved the conclusion to their story and I can't wait for the
Valerie
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jolie Bryant & Griffin Campbell fell in love when they were teenagers, but it was complicated. He was her brother's best friend, & her father didn't want her around him. Still, they were able to steal moments together, and Griff was her first in everything, and after she gave him herself, she didn't hear from him again. Many years later, Jolie's heart is completely shattered from Griff, who she never got over, & her husband who died, so she's not at all interested in dating or relati ...more
Marnie
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
💔💔💔Beautiful and romantic story of a love that isn’t easy 💔💔💔

This book could almost be a coming of age, or the re-awakening of two souls, with the impetus provided by yet another family tragedy. It also brings together two of my favourite facets in a romance: Second chances and dual POV, accompanied with a side of brother’s best friend. I couldn’t put it down and was invested in our two main characters from the start.

Throughout her early years, Jolie had the perfect and sheltered life, until she
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I’ve read by R.C. Stephens and I can definitely say that it will not be my last. This was a fantastic second chance/brothers best friend romance.

Griffin is ultra swoon worthy. He is loving, caring, sweet and will do anything for a second chance with the love of his life. He hasn’t always had the best life and when he was forced to leave the one person he loved more than anything it changed him. Jolie is a amazing. She is a fighter, a survivor and has so much love for her
Booknerd_1107
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Truth About Us

**received an ARC in exchange for an honest review**

4⭐⭐⭐⭐

A second chance at love, and two people who are lost but might find themselves once they face their past. I love Jolie and Griffin’s story because they have to fight for what they love. They haven’t had things easy and they grow stronger by themselves but also with one another.

Jolie and Griffin were childhood sweethearts but Griffin left without even saying goodbye. Now they are back together and will have to either face
Ellie
Aug 27, 2019 added it
Up All Night With Books
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Review by Lisa
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

R.C Stephens has a way with words and the layout of a story unfolding. The Truth About Us gives us just that. From the start we are swept up in the love affair and then, BAM!,.off to the races. Holy smokes I was hooked till the end especially with everything that just kept coming till the end.

The story is told in dual point of view, which is my favorite. It includes second chances, brothers best friend, family drama and so much
« previous 1 3 next »
R.C. Stephens is a top 100 Amazon best selling author. She has written ten romance novels and plans to continue to write many more.

When she isn't in her writing cave she is raising three lovely children with her adoring husband.

Her books are filled with humor, heartbreak, emotion and true love.

Born and raised in Toronto, she loves the winter, but Spring and Fall are her favorite seasons.

Keep u
“You’re mine. I’ll always come back to you.” 0 likes
“I need to look out for my sister,” he snarls.
“I get that, but seeing her again…man…” My heart breaks as I picture her face. “Don’t ask me to walk away a second time. I will give up everything I have for her.”
“Fuck!” he hisses. “You’re serious?”
“Serious? She’s the fucking love of my life.”
0 likes