Start by marking “Reaper Witch: Wolves and Zombies (Urban Magic Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Reaper Witch: Wolves and Zombies (Urban Magic Series Book 1)

Reaper Witch: Wolves and Zombies

(Urban Magic #1)

She spent years avoiding the dead. Now they’re coming after her.
Three years ago, Max Norton left home to open a tea leaves and tarot shop. It seemed like a good trade: escape the King of Hell and live a low-key life free from scrutiny and death threats. For a Scythe, a half-human paranormal entity who can open literal portals to Heaven and Hell, and who’s hounded by crea
Published May 10th 2019 by Urban Epics

To ask other readers questions about Reaper Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reaper Witch

Jeanette George
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Max has a lot of power, but she must hide most of her talents to live among the humans she impersonates.

Reaper Witch is entertaining. The writing style is engaging and the plot takes off right from the start.

I have a confession, I generally hate zombie stuff, but I thought the way the author handled the zombies, with the other supernatural elements was good. I think there is a lot more to discover about Max and I wonder if they’re will be more books to come.

I imagine there are more, but if I had
Keryn
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A witch, an angel, a ghost and a necromancer walk into a bar....

All kinds of supernatural craziness happens in this exciting first book in a new series. Max is doing her typical day of tarot card readings etc when a biker comes to try and kill her. Luckily for him he decides not to. You see Max isn't a typical witch....but that's not my story to tell 😉. As if that wasn't crazy enough the ghost of a recently deceased supernatural cop comes to beg her help. Within one day she encounters crazed zom
Nicola Torrington
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reaper Witch held my interest. There were supernatural roles I haven't encountered before, e.g., Max and how she uses a scythe. I would have liked to learn more about her family, and look forward to more being revealed in the next installment.

I found Max's character somewhat flawed. For instance, her stubborn reluctance to tell Mark about Luke. And she consistently played the grudging participant. Altogether too much grumbling. Seize the day, woman!

I sense that this is an early novel for Ms St
*Flora*
A Good Action Packed Zombie Showdown

Chanda Stafford is a new-to-me author. I loved the premise for this tale and the supernatural world that she created. I found her writing style easy to read and enjoyed fast paced plot line.

The reason this book didn't rock my world was all down to our leading female character, Max. We all make mistakes but what frustrates me is instead of learning from the past, Max ran away, hid and continues to make mistakes. She still wants to run and hide and whines all th
Melissa
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Witches, ghosts and hell hounds, oh my

A fun start to a series. Max is an interesting heroine. She's one of those characters that draws you in even if you don't know if you like her. She's a messed up person in a messed up situation that she really wants nothing to do with but can't escape.
I do feel like she had so much back story that it almost seemed like this was not the beginning of the series. I'll look forward to learning more about her.
Msbella
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Looking forward to more!

I enjoyed this book a lot more than I expected! I wouldn't normally go for a zombie book, but I was lucky to get a rwview copy so I gave it a try. I found the characters really interesting - complex, with lots of depth to explore and a good mix of human amd supernatural problems. The world is interesting and well developed. I'd love to read more so I hope there's a long series to come.
Linda Levine
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I liked the book. Max is the kind of strong female character I enjoy reading about in paranormal stories. She definitely has a lot of secrets that are getting revealed as she takes on a case from a ghost who wants his last case solved.

I would have enjoyed seeing more of her early life before she settled into this town. The hints you get sound really interesting. I hope there is more to come about those years.

I am voluntarily reviewing a copy I received.
CrazyCat (Alex)
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, my-reviews
I loved this book so much. It had all I want in a story. An amazing heroine taking no sh*** from anyone. A ghost (who doesn’t love ghosts?) never gving up on the living. Zombies trying to destroy a town. A little bit of heaven and hell (half-angels and demons). And a little cute puppy hell hound, I really want to have for myself. All in all a great start to a new series I am certain I’m going to love.
Heather Gilbert
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Nicely done

This is pure urban fantasy - all action and adventure, dusted with death and spun through the gates of hell. It’s fun, fast and just mysterious to keep you guessing.

Pros:
- Great concept!
- Episodic ending, but the metaplot is far from over.
- Maybe a hint of romance, but not really. This is urban fantasy at its most basic.

Cons:
- So many questions at the end.
Kath
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Good Paranormal Tale

This is a nice book full of all things paranormal. If you like stories with demons, angels, werewolves, witches, zombies, and the like, then you will like this action filled story. It seems that someone wants to kill a witch and set loose a mob of zombies...........
Christina Luberts
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book. We have Max who is hiding who she really is. Luke who is killed and now his ghost is pestering her to help solve his murder. Now Luke's partner is bothering her about the Zombies that have shown up. To many secrets are coming out now. Can Luke talk her into helping him? Can she help with the Zombies? Who is controlling them? What will happen?
Lori
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reaper witch

I received a complimentary copy of this book and volunteered to review it.

Love the interactions between Max and Luke, hilarious and entertaining. Despite Luke’s circumstances, his purpose to catch the culprits, keeps sane and on track. His presence though distracting to Max ground her and sometimes he acts as her second conscience.
Michelle
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

Wow this book was brilliant. The action and sarcastic comments were fantastic. Max is great and the secrets she hides are intriguing. This story had me captivated. I can't wait to read the next book.
Melissa Stiles
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read!!!!

This is the first book by Chanda Clifford and it will not be last. The characters really bring the story line to life, and the story line keeps you on the edge of your seat welding smart idea going to happen next. I'm excited for the next book in this series.
Jackie
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a story from a first time author. Max is the main character but isn’t always so strong. A bit whiny. Intriguing read.
Cally Walker
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Max gets a haunting

And we get a great start to a new series. Plenty of bad guys and we’re not sure anyone is good until the end
Melissa Arthur
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Delightfully different

I like my paranormal funny but with good story lines. .I enjoyed this ,I like when loners make powerful allies.
Jan
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Promising start to a new series as we meet Mat, a Sythe & Luke, a murdered detective & now a ghost!; as they team up to battle demons, hell hounds & zombies in this exciting, paranormal, kick-ass read! Look forward to book 2 & more of Al, hell hound puppy extraordinaire!
Phyllis Moore
May 23, 2019
Angela Murphy
Jul 17, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Chanda Stafford teaches middle and high school English. She loves traveling and currently lives in Michigan with her husband and a menagerie of rescued dogs and cats.

When she’s not reading or writing, Chanda enjoys old zombie movies, authentic Italian food, and comic books.