Start by marking “The Wives” as Want to Read:
The Wives

The Wives

(The Devil Wears Prada #3)

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  54,135 ratings  ·  4,476 reviews
New York Times bestselling author Lauren Weisberger returns with a novel starring one of her favorite characters from The Devil Wears Prada—Emily Charlton, first assistant to Miranda Priestly, now a highly successful image consultant who’s just landed the client of a lifetime.

Welcome to Greenwich, CT, where the lawns and the women are perfectly manicured, the Tito’s and so
Published July 12th 2018 by Harper Collins (first published June 5th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The Wives, please sign up.
Amy I agree. I'm mostly mortified that my daughter (15 yo) read this before me. This book might be "fun" if it wasn't so close to reality - affluent commu…moreI agree. I'm mostly mortified that my daughter (15 yo) read this before me. This book might be "fun" if it wasn't so close to reality - affluent communities obsessed with wealth/comparison/keeping up, "anything goes" sex/promiscuity/cheating/obsession with youth, superficiality, materialism, obsession with appearance, plastic surgery ... ugh, gross. And I bet this book, being a "NYTimes best seller" will give some women ideas of what new parts of their body might need "fixing". Eew. Save your brain, read something else.(less)

·  54,135 ratings  ·  4,476 reviews

Start your review of The Wives
Melissa
*4.5 stars*

Truth be told I expect quite a bit from my women’s fiction picks. I’m looking for characters to (1) share a somewhat relatable story, (2) come across as likable, for the most part, and (3) present issues that hit me on an emotional level. Nothing unachievable by any means; yet, did I mention I also want the experience to feel light, almost easy breezy? Oh, and no cornball antics, please. I can’t handle it, nor be expected to refrain from any eye-rolling.

Luckily When Life Gives You Lu
Meredith
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: overdrive
Good Snarky Fun!

I needed an escape read and this book took me far from reality (but not too far).

Emily Charlton from The Devil Wears Prada takes center stage in When Life Gives You Lululemons.
When Emily finds herself in Greenwich, CT aka suburban hell, she reunites with two friends to help one (Karolina) rebrand her image and the other (Miriam) to adapt to suburban living.

The story is told through the eyes of Emily, Karolina, and Miriam. Emily’s chapters were my favorite --I found her char
Dita
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dita by: Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
Shelves: scribd, audiobook
Calling all The Devil Wears Prada fans! Heyyyyy!

Thank you to my friend Kim ~ It's All About The Thrill for pointing me toward this awesomeness!

Pure fun, pure awesome, pure escape. I cannot recommend the audio version highly enough.
Mackenzie - PhDiva Books
Everyone’s favorite ex-assistant Emily Charlton is back and just as sassy as ever!! See my full review here!

If any character deserved their own book, Emily would be among the top on my list! This book is positively delightful, and introduces two new co-leading ladies who are the perfect complement to Emily. Lauren Weisberger sure knows how to write a trendy book with surprisingly deep social commentary on the insecurity underlying all of the glitz, glamour, and money without being overly critica
Kaceey
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
Money doesn’t always buy you happiness...

Once again, I've discovered the perfect audio-book to keep me dialed in from start to finish! I do believe I’ve finally got this figured out!

This is book three of The Devil Wears Prada series, though I was not aware of that when I downloaded it. No worries, you’ll find it easy to pick up the characters and all their interesting little quirks.

Life of the blue-blood wealthy in Greenwich Connecticut is far from what it seems at first glance. Young trophy w
Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
OMGGGG!! SO much fun and the audio is amazing!! All of the stars ....and I mean all of the stars for this one! I really underestimated just how much I would love this. This book is highly addictive. I can't even tell you how many times I put it down, just to pick it back up.

Being so new to the audio book scene I was a bit skeptical...I have only listened to one other and it was just okay. Let me put it this way, I ditched my "regular" book to listen to this because I could not get enough. I ble
Melisa
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 hilarious laugh out loud stars🎉

This was a seriously funny, and slightly irreverent look motherhood, the suburbs, and how life changes with age. Throw in a juicy scandal and it’s all good fun! Full of slapstick moments with a dash of serious topics, it has the perfect balance for a great beach read.

Emily is back and funnier than ever - I love her and her seriously snarky, blunt personality. And who can’t love a cameo from The Devil, Miranda Priestly, herself?

This is a story of female friends
Paromjit
Lauren Weisberger brings back Emily Charlton, you know, the first assistant to Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada, who has since left and established herself as an in demand image consultant, married to Miles, who she barely sees, and living in LA. This is a delicious blackly humorous novel that skewers the well to do culture of the suburban housewives of Greenwich, Connecticut, and the manipulative black arts that lie behind the politics and the horror stories that lie behind the ambitio ...more
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
4 limoncello* stars to When Life Gives You Lululemons! 🍋 🍋 🍋 🍋

*Limoncello has little to do with this book, but I happen to love limoncello and all things lemon-based!

Enter Emily Charlton, a character from The Devil Wars Prada, and former first assistant to the Miranda Priestly. A successful image consultant in her own right, and set in perfectly coifed Greenwich, Connecticut, everyone is talking about the new neighbor, Emily.

However, Emily feels out of place in the ‘burbs. She’s a Hollywood k
Berit☀️✨
4 Sassy Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟
She’s baaack... Love when I get to revisit a favorite character and Emily definitely tops my list of all-time favorite characters... “The Devil Wears Prada” is a favorite of mine! Loved all the Snark, laugh out loud moments, and of course the fashion.... oh and I mustn’t forget Maranda, who makes an appearance in this book and is still as vapid as ever....”that’s all...”

Emily is now an image consultant to the stars, living in California... but when supermodel Carolina gets her
Carol (Bookaria)
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, fiction
This book is an engaging read full of scandal, drama, and humor featuring suburbanites and wealthy stay-at-home moms.

Emily Charlton was Miranda Priestly's assistant in The Devil Wears Prada, in this book she has moved on from Runaway magazine life and into image consulting in Hollywood.

Karolina, a former super model and now the wife of a senator gets in trouble and Emily heads to the suburbs to help. Miriam used to be a successful and overworked attorney who now finds herself a stay-at-home mom
Lou
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This really isn't my genre but I fancied something fun and relaxing as a change and this turned out to be a quick and easy read that didn't tax my brain. I find that sometimes it works well to give a different genre a go even if you find you cannot wait to return to your usual type of book.

"The Wives" is perfect for the beach or a summer holiday. I found it wasn't too twee that I couldn't bear it unlike some chick lit. All in all, an amusing and glitzy experience from the bestselling author of "
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

I had ZERO intentions on ever reading this when it kept appearing on both my GR and Instagram feeds. While I’ll give props where they are due admit that title is über catchy and 5-Star worthy all by its lonesome, merely the mention of the word “Lululemon” tends to make me a little . . . . .

But then I saw that it was a DWP follow-up and featured EMILY no less. God how I loved bitchy Emily . . . . .

And it reminded me of all the
Michelle
I don’t think novels like When Life Gives You Lululemons are for me. Actually, I don’t think novels like When Life Gives You Lululemons are very entertaining anymore. I get that the story is supposed to be mocking the very milieu it describes, and yet, given everything that is happening in the world, the story felt inappropriate.

There are two specific areas which bothered me. The first is the obscene amounts of wealth, privilege, and their trappings discussed ad nauseam within the story. I get t
Elizabeth
Jul 18, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I...don’t even really know what to say about this book. It’s basically poolside trash. Over-the-top absolute trash. Everyone is a ridiculous stereotype. Soo much sex talk it’s obnoxious. One character has a one-night stand to make herself feel better about her husband’s betrayal. Another deliberately sexts both her husband and another guy she thinks is hot. Sex toy parties, self medicating with pills and alcohol, wandering eyes, mistrust, and one chapter entitled “Home to the Custom Fit Vagina.” ...more
Ken
Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Firstly I wasn’t aware that this was the third book in ‘The Devil Wears Prada’ series.
I’ve not seen film or read any of the previous books, whilst the U.K. editions of When Life Gives You Lulelemons are being marketed as The Wives I think I was expecting a completely different book!

Nevertheless I thought I’d persevere and actually it was surprisingly fun!

Even though I didn’t know the series main characters but as this story opens with a sizeable gap from the previous book, this not only allows f
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
Sometimes you need the perfect, lighthearted and hilarious read to cleanse that thriller palate and this book does the job! I haven't read The Devil Wears Prada but I have seen the movie and it's one of my favorites. I DID read Weisberger's The Singles Game back in 2016 and absolutely loved it so was THRILLED when this copy came in the mail for me!

This book brings in Emily, Miranda Priestley's ex-assistant, as an image consultant to the stars who is losing popularity to a younger version who is
Amy
I have to say that so far the summer books I’ve had the pleasure of reading have really been outstanding, I think there’s always a small group of amazing books released each summer but this year I feel like the stakes have been raised, and Weisberger took things to a whole new level with this one. If you’re a fan of The Devil Wears Prada (and seriously, who isn’t?!) you’ll gobble this one up. If you’re new to this series you’ll still love it, it’s not necessary to have read the previous books bu ...more
Bookworm
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever finished a string of dark and emotional reads and felt like a book that is lighter - one that will make you laugh rather than cry? When Life Gives You Lululemons is the PERFECT book in this instance! This was a delightful read and just what I needed. And although it is from the series The Devil Wears Prada, it is stand alone so doesn't require familiarity with the other plots and characters.

The book has a lot of girl power and is somewhat satirical about the whole stepford wife sc
Melissa
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first book by Lauren Weisberger and I enjoyed every minute of reading it! I laughed and I cursed with Emily, Miriam and Karolina, like a was their friend. I loved how the story is told from their different perspectives. I have the two first books of the series somewhere in my house, and I need to find them, I don’t want to leave these characters for too long, I loved them too much!

Thanks to the publisher for my e-copy through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Deanna
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Deanna by: Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
Shelves: audiobooks, 2018
I listened to this audiobook last year and loved it. It was actually my first book from the series.

I'm not sure why I didn't update this sooner. It was seeing Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill's review today that reminded me how much I enjoyed this. If you have a chance check out her excellent review.

5 stars!!!
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

The Devil Wears Prada has to be one of my all-time favorite “chick lit” books, so when I saw that Weisberger put out a book featuring the one and only Emily Charlton, I knew I had to have it. And I am glad that I did.

This was the perfect “break” from my usual genre and was just what I needed. I had been in a reading slump, reading several books in a row that I just did not enjoy. The timing of reading When Life Gives You Lululemons couldn’t have come at a better time. It’s light (but not
Kathleen
Jul 27, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is what gives ‘chick-lit’ a bad name. I admit I adored Emily in The Devil Wears Prada as played by actress Emily Blunt. This is Weisberger’s third offering in that series and I was looking forward to laughing at Emily’s antics once again. Unfortunately, that didn’t happen. The characters were more like caricatures than actual human beings. They were superficial and very self-centered. Who wants to read about that—not me.
Sylvie {on semi-hiatus}
Let's just say if I were older I'd have liked this book very much.
Tammy
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: release-2018
5 JUICY stars!! 🍋 This was fabulous, it had me LOL’ing from all it’s snark and humor throughout the book - loved it! Even so this is a total women empowerment book and I loved every page of this summer sizzler about Emily, Miriam and Karolina on motherhood, the suburbs and it’s smart take on how life changes with age. And let’s also not forget the juicy scandals rockin’ around Greenwich. Chick Lit isn’t my usual genre but very happy I picked this up!
Rachel
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Super Fun Stars!

This chick-lit, contemporary fiction was so fun to read, I had to give it 4 Stars!

SUMMARY
A decade after The Devil Wears Prada, Emily is a celebrity publicist, living in LA, happily married and still fabulous! Her BFF, Marion has recently relocated to Greenwich, CT and left her career to be a full time stay at home mom to her three children. Although their lives are on very different paths, they have stayed close.

One day, on a work related visit to NYC, Emily stops in to visi
Lorilin
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, arc
Emily Charlton---the same Emily who worked for Miranda Priestly (in The Devil Wears Prada)---is now a publicity manager to the stars. She's a pro at smoothing over delicate situations for Hollywood elite, but, unfortunately, lately she's losing customers to a younger, hipper version of herself. Frustrated and in a rut, she jumps at the chance to help Connecticut-based Karolina Hartwell, a former supermodel turned senator's wife, who's just been arrested for driving under the influence. Karolina' ...more
Sherri Thacker
This is my first book by Lauren Weisberger. These housewives are over the top!! But it was a fun read and let’s you see how the “other side” lives! Lol I really loved Emily’s character - she was witty and had some great off the top statements to make!! She didn’t care who heard it - she just told it like it was! I received this ARC from the publisher through NetGalley. All opinions expressed are my own.
~Sofia~
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fantastic book! I really thoroughly enjoyed this. Every single minute was pure joy! I really enjoyed the Devil Wears Prada series and I was looking forward to see what happened next in Emily’s life. It was totally worth the wait.

This book is chick lit in the finest form, I laughed so much, it was an absolute pleasure to read. Emily is such a cutthroat character I love it, she has balls, does not give a hoot and is laugh out loud funny.Emily is the perfect character, she is funny in this h
Stephanie Anze
Aug 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Emily Charlton has a successful image consultant business with many celebrities in her speed dial. Having left 'Runway' and Miranda Priestly behind, she is enjoying her new life. Lately, however, she has been losing clients to her younger competition. For a respite, she visits Miriam, a friend that now resides in Greenwich. There she meets Karolina Hartwell, who has been hiding out in the suburbs since her DUI arrrest. Emily soon learns that suburban life is not as dull as it seems.

I am familiar

• All We Ever Wanted
  • Big Summer
  • The Perfect Couple
  • Mrs. Everything
  • Nine Perfect Strangers
  • One Day in December
  • Such a Fun Age
  • The Proposal (The Wedding Date, #2)
  • In Five Years
  • Winter in Paradise (Paradise, #1)
  • I Owe You One
  • The Last Mrs. Parrish
  • Daisy Jones & The Six
  • Evvie Drake Starts Over
  • Beach Read
  • Summer of '69
  • 28 Summers
  • Whisper Network
Lauren Weisberger was born March 28, 1977, in Scranton, Pennsylvania, a locale recently made even more chic, if possible, by The Office. She was joined four years later by sister Dana, a.k.a. The Family Favorite, and moved to Allentown, Pennsylvania, at age eleven. At Parkland High School, Lauren participated in all sorts of projects, activities, and organizations for the sole purpose of padding h ...more

The Devil Wears Prada (3 books)
  • The Devil Wears Prada (The Devil Wears Prada, #1)
  • Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns (The Devil Wears Prada, #2)