Start by marking “Three Nights with a Scoundrel (Stud Club, #3)” as Want to Read:
Three Nights with a Scoundrel (Stud Club, #3)

Three Nights with a Scoundrel

(Stud Club #3)

In Tessa Dare’s dazzling new trilogy, the men of the Stud Club live and play by their own rules—until passion changes the game.

The bastard son of a nobleman, Julian Bellamy is now polished to perfection, enthralling the ton with wit and charm while clandestinely plotting to ruin the lords, ravish the ladies, and have the last laugh on a society that once spurn
Published September 29th 2011 by Ebury Digital (first published July 27th 2010)

Rane
Out of the Stud Club series this is the book I was most leery of reading. In the first two books, Julian Bellamy just came across as whiny, pain in the butt, out solely for revenge- I just couldn’t come to like him at all but TD changed by mind in leads and bounds with Three Nights with a Scoundrel!

Julian Bellamy is a trendsetter, a scoundrel and out to seek who killed his friend and founder of the Stud Club. For months now he’s been out seeking the truth, one he thinks he knows who
Bubu
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars, perfect, hr
This is neither Tessa Dare's funniest book, nor her darkest, but to me it's probably the sweetest book she's written and also probably my favourite of hers. There are not many authors who manage to create two characters who are perfect for each other. But I think Tessa Dare has shown more than once how brilliantly she brings the characteristics of her protagonists out, only for them - and us the reader - to realise that they're perfect for each other.

Lily Chatwick and Julian Bellamy (funny coin
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Wow, Three Nights with a Scoundrel wraps up the Stud Club Trilogy and all I can say is, I never saw that coming! I’m not exactly sure how I can review this book without going on and on and on, and then give away too much of the plot and the truth about who killed Leo! I know others have managed to write wonderful reviews, but I’m at a loss. Please bear with me as I ramble my way through this review.

I’ve always loved Leo’s idea of the Stud Club, and figured he started it just to be magnanimou
Caz
I've given this an A for narration and an A- for content at AudioGals.

This is the final book in Tessa Dare’s Stud Club trilogy , and while I’ve enjoyed the others, Three Nights with a Scoundrel is the strongest of the three, and my personal favourite. The mystery that has run through all three books surrounding the death of Lord Leo Chatwick is satisfactorily concluded, the central romance is truly touching and the two protagonists make an exceptionally well-drawn and engaging couple.

You can read th
Princess under cover
You know, I'm starting to really appreciate the "rawness" of TD's earlier works. The love scenes are pretty intense and passionate which really works for me.

So why isn't this a 5? (It's actually more like 3.5, rounded to 4)

Well, I don't like Heroes who sleep around (even if it was BEFORE he and heroine actually "got together") too much. A little experience, fine. A LOT of experience, to the extent of being able to string garters collected from paramours all across a Gentl
Zoe
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first 50% of the book is one of the sweetest stories I have ever read. I was rooting for Julian and Lily all the way. Come on, be together, please.

At around 50%-60% Julian and Lily got married. Oh my poor heart cried a few tears for Julian and Lily when they slowly admitted their feelings to each other. I was so happy for them, that they did not fight, no silly arguments. They spent time together, showed true affections toward each other and eventually Julian admitted his feelings. Julian w
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
‘Three Nights with a Scoundrel’ is the final book in the Stud Club trilogy, the first and second books being, ‘One Dance with a Duke’ and ‘Twice Tempted by a Rogue’. I recommend that you read these books first to fully appreciate the story arc which runs through all three books.

We are first introduced to Julian Bellamy in ‘One Dance with a Duke’ and he certainly does not fit my idea of a romantic hero. He is a vain, arrogant, uncaring hell-raiser and totally unlikeable.

His only true
willaful
4.5 stars. This is the third book in a Regency-set series which resolves around three men’s efforts to discover the murderer of their friend, Leo. I found the first two books well-written, amusing and engrossing, without ever being really touched by them. As other reviewers have pointed out, there was just something missing. At first I thought this story would be more of the same, but I slowly warmed towards it; when I reached the point where Julian shows Lily his true name, my heart melted and ...more
Catherine
Well, I've just finished this book, and it really didn't turn out to be anything like I was expecting at all. In some ways it was better, but in a lot of ways it was a disappointment.

I really liked getting to know Lily better. I liked seeing her deafness while trying to live a regular life. At times it felt a little too easy for her, but enough authentic moments of confusion and fear and embarrassment were mentioned, that it didn't bother me too much. In some ways her characterizatio
Fani *loves angst*
I won't say whether I liked this book. I'll only mention that I stopped right in the middle of their first love scene, to take out the weeds in my yard!

Review for Romantic Romance Readers:
4.5*
Read this book! It's very well written, clever, witty, with a sweet, lovable hero and a heroine that has a brain on her shoulders. The hero is totally besotted with her and has been for years, and that's apparent in every single page when he thinks of her. If you like sweet, tender storie
Laura the Highland Hussy
Wow. A fantastic ending for the Stud Club...I'd wished we had gotten to know Leo more in the previous two books, well, I got my wish.
And Julian Bellamy became more than just the hero of the book. He will definitely be one who sticks with me...even if he could be an unmitigated ass at times.
I liked the idea of the Stud Club, and I liked how the theme of Leo's murder set off such a chain of events throughout the trilogy.
the ending was quite a surprise, and I never ever would have
Shawna
5 stars – Historical/Regency Romance

This was the best book in the Stud Club trilogy and my favorite Tessa Dare novel to date, mainly because I loved Lily and Julian and adored them even more together. The piano scene?! Holy cow! YOWZA!

Three Nights with a Scoundrel was a moving, sensual romance, and I'm glad that I finished the series, since the best was saved for last! And I loved the epilogue. It brought tears to my eyes and left a HEA smile on my face. 5 stars!
Becca
Oct 23, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three Nights with a Scoundrel started off wonderfully, had a sluggish middle, and wrapped up neatly. When I first began this story, the chemistry between the two was undeniable. I got the tingly "this is why I read romance" feeling. It was heading to be a solid favorite, but the middle really brought the rating down for me.

This story is darker than other Tessa Dare books I have tried. The heroine's twin brother Leo was murdered in the series and they never uncovered who was behind it
Ally72
Nov 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book and it is my favorite Tessa Dare novel to date!!! If I could have given this book more than five stars, I would have. This made my list of favorite books I have read this year!!!
Lady Wesley
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What a finish to the Stud Club trilogy! I stayed up way too late finishing it -- and I never saw the surprise coming straight at me. There's also a beautiful romance here, between Julian, the bastard son of a nobleman, and Lily, the deaf sister of his murdered friend Leo. Tessa Dare just does everything right in this one!
Gio Listmaker
DNF at 72%

The Heroine Was Sweet And I Loved Her

The Hero Drove Me Crazy

His Personality And The Plot Was All Over The Place

We Do Not Find Out About The Heroine's Impairment Until 3 Chapters In Which Is Weird IMO!

Enjoyed It Until The 50% Mark Therefore 2 Stars
Tammy Walton Grant
Well, what to say about this one that all of my friends here on GR haven't already said (and much better than I could, I might add)?

I love Tessa Dare. I discovered her books earlier this year and she has quickly become one of my new favourite authors. Her voice is fresh, her characters compelling and she writes some of the best steam I've ever read.**

I hesitated quite a while before buying this book, even though I loved the first two in the trilogy, One Dance with a Duke and Twice
Ashley
Early Tessa Dare is just not the same as now Tessa Dare. This one is okay. I liked the characters, especially the deaf heroine, but the conflict between them centered on the hero not telling the heroine stuff he should have been telling her the whole time, and that drives me insane in romances.

Also, she just really likes inserting the most random animals as pets in these books. Tartuffe the parrot is one of her better efforts, I must say. Much more believable than the rat/lover, or t
Pamela
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this so much. Review to follow :)
Holly
I wasn't sure what to think going into this novel. I wasn't very impressed with Julian in either of the previous two books. He came across as angry, uncaring, selfish, vain and altogether a not-very-likable character. I vowed to have an open mind, but we all know how that is.

So it's with great pleasure that I say I absolutely adored Julian.

When his best friend Leo was murdered, Julian Bellamy vowed two things; to find the murderers and bring them to justice and to see Leo's sister, Lady L
May
Jul 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: regency romance fans that have read other books in this series
This is the third installment of a trilogy, and yes you MUST read the other two first, otherwise it wouldn't truly make sense.

Julian Bellamy is a large and angry man who's been in love with Lily (sister of dead club founder) since he first met her. Believing himself terribly unworthy of her, and harboring a vault of dirty secrets he's convinced that he needs to get her married off to someone else... oh and figure out the mystery surrounding the murder of her brother + finding out once and for a
Isabel
I really love this series!!! This book is beautiful, Julian and Lily they are so good together, she is such a tease :)... and the ending... I didn't see that coming... Loved it!!!

A pity that the series came to an end...

Keri
Sep 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very well written book. Already has great reviews by my friends, so I won't rehash. TD is a very talented writer and I am glad that I have her backlist to work through. Loved James!
A.
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: that-s-amore
When you finish a book brimming over with excitement, feeling almost like you're about to pop, that's such a wonderful feeling and a very difficult one to top at that; but I think the way I feel at the end of Three Nights with a Scoundrel -- dreamy, content, rather like how I feel just sitting outside with my dogs on a nice day with a good book, or how I feel knitting in bed next to Rawles as we watch a sitcom -- tops that balloon handily. What a lovely book. What a lovely experience!

Lily and
Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide
Great ending to a wonderful series!

I absolutely adore Julian Bellamy. Julian has many secrets just like most leading male characters in the romance genre. But what puts him apart from most "heros" with dark secrets was the ability to use those secrets to be productive and one heck of a business man. I can't get over the cleverness of him being a trend setter by wearing outlandish fabrics and raking in the rewards by secretly being the supplier of said fabric to the tailor shops. What a delibera
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
Review @ Under the Covers

The final installment of the Stud Club series is about the remaining bachelor of the group, Julian Belllamy and Lady Lily. Right from the first book you can see that Julian is madly in love with his murdered friend's deaf twin sister, the only person who doesn't seem to realize is Lily herself. But, as Julian gets more obsessed with finding Leo's murderers believing that they were really after him because of his very shady past, Lily gets worried for his health and ma
Ruth
Wow! Where to start with this one?.. It's really hard to write a fair review without giving anything away, but so often a series or trilogy ends either a bit flat or just so-so, and this one ended on a superb crescendo.

I loved it. I loved the hero and heroine, I loved the way the secondary characters play vital roles in the plot, but don't dominate, and I loved, loved, loved the plot itself. It has some fantastic twists in it, most of which I really didn't expect (let's face it, most
Anja
Apr 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: c, w-az
4.85 stars.

This is the author’s best book by far in regard to writing, story, characterization, and emotion. Not all romance novels are truly romantic but this book is.

Julian is a wonderful hero. He certainly has his flaws and makes stupid mistakes but there is no question he values Lily. I loved how respectful he was toward her, how he stood up for her. He is so obviously in love. Their friendship and connection was very evident. It is clear they belong together.
Cheryl
This was my favorite of the Stud Club Trilogy. When we were first introduced to the hero, Julian Bellamy, in the first book, One Dance with a Duke, I couldn't stand him! But at the same time I was intrigued by him and his feelings for Lily Chatwick. I knew their book would be a special book and I was right! I had loved Lily from the start, she was such a strong woman, but not in an overbearing way. She had dealt with a lot of pain in her life and obstacles from her being left deaf from an illness.
An
id!l
I love pining heroes.

• One Week As Lovers (Somerhart, #3)
  • Trial by Desire (Carhart, #2)
  • In Total Surrender (Secrets, #3)
  • Wicked Becomes You
  • When Harry Met Molly (Impossible Bachelors, #1)
  • The Summer of You (The Blue Raven, #2)
  • Always a Temptress (Drake's Rakes #3)
  • Reckless (The House of Rohan, #2)
  • The Wild Marquis (The Burgundy Club, #1)
  • After Dark with a Scoundrel (Lords of Vice, #3)
  • Wicked Delights of a Bridal Bed (The Byrons of Braebourne, #4)
  • When Seducing a Duke (Victorian Soap Opera, #1)
  • Devil Takes a Bride (Knight Miscellany, #5)
  • To Wed a Wicked Earl (Devine & Friends, #2)
  • A Hellion in Her Bed (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #2)
  • How to Seduce a Scoundrel (How To #2)
  • The Outlaw and the Lady (Daughters of Fortune, #1)
  • Claiming the Courtesan
Sign up for Tessa's newsletter and be the first to hear about new books and hot deals! http://tessadare.com/newsletter-signup/

Tessa Dare is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of fourteen historical romance novels and five novellas. Her books have won numerous accolades, including Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA® award (twice!) and the RT Book Reviews Seal of Excellence. Booklist magazine named her one of the “ne

Stud Club (3 books)
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
  • Twice Tempted by a Rogue  (Stud Club, #2)
“You don't want me to feel obligated? Well, I'm sorry, Lily. I am here
because I feel obligated." He brought her hand to his chest, pressing her
palm flat against his rapidly thumping pulse. "I'm obligated by my heart. It's
decided you're essential to my existence, you see. And it's threatening to go out on labor strike if I don't make you mine this very day. So yes. I am here on bended knee, acting from a deep, undeniable sense of obligation. I am, quite simply, yours." He swallowed hard. "If you'll have me.”
32 likes
“I have to go," he said. "You don't understand. Someone wants to kill me.
"Someone wants to kill you?" she repeated. "Well, I want to make love to you. My goodness, Julian. With two such compelling alternatives, however will you choose?”
19 likes