Start by marking “Claw Enforcement (Second Chance Cat Mystery #7)” as Want to Read:
Claw Enforcement (Second Chance Cat Mystery #7)

Claw Enforcement

(Second Chance Cat Mystery #7)

Sarah Grayson owns a delightful secondhand shop in the small town of North Harbor, Maine, where she and her rescue cat, Elvis, are always finding themselves up to their whiskers in trouble. With the help of a quirky group of senior citizens—who call themselves Charlotte’s Angels and work out of the store—they solve crimes both new and vintage.

Local squabbles about property
Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Published January 28th 2020 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Claw Enforcement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claw Enforcement

Start your review of Claw Enforcement (Second Chance Cat Mystery #7)
Linden
Sarah, who owns a second hand shop in Maine with her cat Elvis. administers CPR to a newcomer in town, whose death is later ruled a homicide. A group of older ladies, known as Charlotte's Angels, are determined to solve the murder. It's a bit of a stretch to think that everyone in town would willingly submit to questioning by a group of busybodies, but if you enjoy cat cozies, give this book a try. Thanks to the publisher and to Netgalley for this ARC.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

CLAW ENFORCEMENT is the seventh book in the Second Chance Cat Mystery series but it’s the first book from this author that I’m reading. I’ve heard a lot of good things about this series so I wanted to try it for myself. To be honest, I avoided this series because I had it in my mind that this was another series that I tried and didn’t like. I won’t mention which other cat-themed series that was here, but when I realized that I was mistaken, I jumped at the chance at reading this and I’m glad
Juli
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Second Chance Cat Mystery series is one of my cozy favorites. I like the characters and the mysteries are always entertaining and fun to read. This time, a real estate developer drops dead at a fundraising event. Sarah Grayson and Charlotte's Angels (A group of senior citizen amateur sleuths) are on the case again! Who hated the recent real estate deals and planned developments in North Harbor enough to commit murder??

Elvis the cat is his usual sleek self in this newest book! Sarah is great
Betty
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The 7th edition of the Second Chance Mysteries series is a relaxing read. The characters are excellent and will grab your attention at once. Elvis, a feline adds much to the story.

Sarah Grayson attends a fundraiser and sees a man collapsed and she and Nick do CPR on him but we're unable to save him. His death is released a homicide. Sarah feels responsible for him and decided to look for the killer. She is join by Charlotte Angels, a group of senior citizens that have a detective agency. Nick
Christa
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hoopla
It was really good to have Sarah, her friends, and her cat, Elvis, back for another adventure. As always, Sarah becomes caught up in a murder investigation. The storyline kept me interested, and kept me guessing. I really enjoyed the story. I could have used a little more Elvis, but other than that, I thought it was a great one!
Jeanie Jackson
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: x-read-2019, faves-19
I love this series so much and Claw Enforcement fits right in with a great story and wonderful characters. When people ask what series I would like to spent time in for real, Second Chance Cat is one that comes to mind immediately. Reading it was like catching up with old friends. As much as I enjoy the mysteries, it is time spent with the characters that makes these books tie for my top two cozy mysteries. The characters of all ages are beautifully developed, intelligent and fun. Some people ...more
Jeanie
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: obs, cozy-cats
I love this series! I can't believe we are already at #7 in this fabulous series! From Elvis, the feline lie detector, to Sarah, owner of the Second Chance repurpose store and her delightful "aunts" who surrounded her when she was growing up, I always look forward to the next mystery in the series. And this one is no exception.

Sarah's aunts, who are close friends of her Gram, and Rose's friend Mr. P., are part of Charlotte's Angels, a PI firm for these sweet seniors to help solve mysteries for
Minx
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
What I really enjoyed most about reading Claw Enforcement was that Sarah didn’t argue with the members of Charlotte’s Angels this time around about every little thing in regards to their sleuthing intentions. Usually she has to be roped or guilted into helping with an investigation but in this case, she was all in from almost the start. Not saying that she immediately believed what Rose was speculating but Sarah did feel like something was not right with how the victim died. It seemed almost ...more
Anna Fox
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I do enjoy reading about Elvis and Sarah. Sarah and the relationships between the members of Charlotte' s
Angels (who have recruited Mac and Nick to the team) is a fun one. They work well as a team, with their different strengths and so get the job done once again.

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for my eARC in exchange for an honest review.
Toni  (T.C.) LoTempio
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
another good entry in this series, although I pretty much guessed the murderer early on watching Sarah and the Angels investigate is still enjoyable. Glad to see some sort of progress with Mac!
Stormi (BMReviewsohmy)
I really enjoyed this one but my goodness I have never read a cozy with such a 'make me cry' killer reveal!

Sarah owns a pretty neat second hand store and those that work with her and good at turning junk into cool things. Things were going well and then a man drops dead while Sarah and her friends are at a celebration about some redevelopment for the area. Sarah and her friend Nick try to help the man but there was no helping, he died, they learn later that it was poison.

Charlotte and her
Chaitra
This series is so cute. The mystery here is no great shakes, but it's wonderful to spend some time with Elvis the cat, Charlotte, Rose, Liz, Mr. P, Sarah, Mac, Nick, Liam, Jen, Avery & Michelle. I had a great time reading it, as usual. Too bad I have to wait a whole year for the next one.
OpenBookSociety.com

Synopsis:

Aimee Dars
Jan 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, mystery
The seventh entry in the Second Chance mystery series, Claw Enforcement returns to the familiar cast of North Harbor, Maine denizens: Sarah Grayson, owner of the Second Chance antique store, her cat Elvis, her grandmother, and her grandmother’s friends, Charlotte, Liz, Rose, and Mr. P, all members of the Charlotte’s Angels detective agency.

Sarah and her friends are all at a posh reception celebrating the redevelopment of the city’s harbor front when the party is crashed by Christopher Healy. A
Darla
Sarah Grayson owns a successful secondhand shop in the town of North Harbor, Maine. She and her rescued cat, Elvis, are often caught up in solving mysteries along with a lovable and quirky group of senior citizens who call themselves Charlotte's Angels. They even have an office at Sarah's store. When a man drops dead at a party, things seem suspicious from the start and it's soon confirmed that he was poisoned. The motive seems to involve a piece of land that the victim had just bought, out from ...more
Katherine
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
A BIG thanks to Berkley Prime Crime!

If I was to describe this cozy in one word, that word would be nostalgia. The present and the fond memories of the past all come together in this delightful mystery. In this cozy, a man collapses and dies at a gathering of the community. The redevelopment of the harbor front is the reason for the celebration. Mr. P, a great guy, hires Sarah and Charlotte's Angels to investigate and solve this shocking crime.

I thought the cozy was well-written, moved along at
Kathleen Gray
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Don't worry if you haven't read the earlier books in this series- I hadn't and I enjoyed this one just fine. Property development always arouses passions but murder? North Harbor, Maine, where Sarah owns a bookstore and lives with her delightful cat Elvis, has been free of problems (well, except for the murders that Sarah's obviously helped solve before). Now, though, things have gotten to the point where one of the parties to the dispute has died and Sarah, who was unsuccessful at reviving him, ...more
Sharon
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sarah and her cat, Elvis, run an antique/junque shop in a small town in Maine. Sarah goes to a reception, a man passes out at the bar, Sarah gives him CPR, but he is quite dead. By the next day his death has been ruled a homicide and Sarah, as part of the Charlotte's Angels senior citizen sleuths group, tries to solve the mystery. Sarah's love life with Mac is going nowhere, and she spends her spare time with Elvis, who also helps solve mysteries.

A light, enjoyable mystery in the Second Chance
Heidi
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another terrific book in the Second Chance Cat series. Sarah, the main character and owner of a secondhand store, ends up once again helping a quirky group of senior citizen sleuths solve the mystery surrounding the sudden death of a local man. There are poignant moments in this story, as well as a little bit of romance and funny one-liners from a great cast of characters. You do not have to read the books in order, but I do highly recommend starting from the beginning. You will appreciate the ...more
Debbie
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
"Claw Enforcement" is a cozy mystery. It is the seventh book in the series, but you don't need to read the previous books to understand this one. This book did not spoil any of the previous mysteries.

The main characters were nice, engaging people. The cat only played a minor role. The amateur detectives asked questions and looked into various alibis. The mystery was a clue-based puzzle mystery. There were enough clues that you could guess whodunit before the main characters, but not a long time
Leslie
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ann
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is book 7 in the Second Chance Cat Mystery series. It's a fun read that features Elvis the cat, his servant Sarah and his fan club, Charlotte's Angels, a group of seniors who solve crimes with his help. The small Maine town is re-developing the water front and one of the town's citizens is killed over the plans. All your favorite characters are back but it's easy to read as a stand alone. A good cozy for a chilly afternoon's read. I received a copy of this ARC in exchange for a fair and ...more
Annarella
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Even if it's not the best instalment in this series it's a fast and entertaining read.
I was more than happy to meet again Elvis, Sarah and the Angels. They're as likeable and well thought as usual and there's quite lot going on in their life.
The mystery sometimes took the backseat but it was solid and engrossing even if I guessed the culprit at about half the book.
I can't wait to read the next instalment and discover what will happen in the character life.
Recommended.
Many thanks to Berkley and
Deborah Almada
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really really enjoy this series. I love the whole idea of a repurposing store, I love the intergenerational characters and their relationships with one another and I really enjoy Elvis!!!!!

This is another good mystery that involves the whole gang, I love the logic used to solve the mystery and the different strengths each character brings to the mix. While I figured this one out I kept saying it can't be so and so, so I was still sorta surprised.

Fun read, highly recommend!!!!!
Carol Ann
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sofie Ryan's books are the kind of cozy mystery that keep you wanting more. The plots are not only interesting, but so involved that you can't begin to figure out how things are going to resolve until you get to the very end. The characters are well developed and engaging, and the interactions with cats adds that extra little something for animals lovers. We all know that animals are sometimes smarter than we are!
Cheri Schaefer
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic as always!!

Really found this newest Second Chance
mystery a real page turner and couldn't
put it down. Great story line and plot. I
never would have guessed that the person
who did the murder was the murderer. Was
a surprise to me! Only complaint I have is
there's too long a time between books. I
absolutely love this series as well as the
other one -- Magical Cats!!!!!!
Nann Tucker
Great as always. This is a wonderful series, and I love that the characters are a true community. Sarah's sore is always filled with delights, and her crew of helpers to solve mysteries are wonderful. This one really kept me guessing, and it was almost the end when I figured out who had done it. I am always anxious to read the next book, and anyone who reads this series, I am sure feels the same.
JoAn
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Claw Enforcement by Sofie Ryan was another winner in this series in my opinion. I adore Rose, Liz, Charlotte and Mr. P. and always look forward to spending time with them. This was an engaging mystery with these lovable characters but the resolution to the case was very sad. The ending with Sarah and Mac was sweet.

I received a copy of this book from my local library.
Marsha
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another good series. Once again, I'm in the middle of the series. I've got characters I'm enjoying getting to know and relationships to figure out. It's kind of like moving to a new place and suddenly being involved in things, but not exactly sure.how things fit together. It's a fun read with a mystery that's solved with lots of investigating by the group of family and friends.
Carrie
Nov 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Once again, Sarah and her friends find themselves involved in the investigation of a crime. However, this time, Sarah has willingly joined in with her elderly friends' Private Investigation business, as they look to solve the murder of a young man. Town history comes in to play as many skeletons are rattled in the course of this investigation.

• Careless Whiskers (Cat in the Stacks #12)
  • Buried to the Brim (Hat Shop Mystery #6)
  • Blizzard in the Bay (The Inn at Holiday Bay, #8)
  • A Night's Tail (Magical Cats Mystery #11)
  • The Dog Who Knew Too Much (Paws and Claws Mystery, #6)
  • Verse and Vengeance (A Magical Bookshop Mystery #4)
  • A Field Guide to Homicide (Cat Latimer Mystery #6)
  • Shot Through the Hearth (A Fixer-Upper Mystery, #7)
  • The Case of the Cupid Caper (A Cat in the Attic Mystery, #3)
  • The Mystery Before Christmas (Cat in the Attic, #2)
  • Sealed Off (A Maine Clambake Mystery, #8)
  • Note in the Nutcracker
  • Fatal Roots (County Cork #8)
  • Paws and Punishment (Norwegian Forest Café #5)
  • Murder Ink (Victoria Square, #6)
  • Matchmaking Can Be Murder (An Amish Matchmaker Mystery #1)
  • The Curse of Hollister House (A Cat in the Attic Book 1)
  • Apple Cider Slaying (A Cider Shop Mystery #1)
Pseudonym for Darlene Ryan. Also writes under Sofie Kelly.

Second Chance Cat Mystery (7 books)
  • The Whole Cat and Caboodle (Second Chance Cat Mystery, #1)
  • Buy a Whisker (Second Chance Cat Mystery, #2)
  • A Whisker of Trouble (Second Chance Cat Mystery, #3)
  • Telling Tails (Second Chance Cat Mystery, #4)
  • The Fast and the Furriest (Second Chance Cat Mystery, #5)
  • No Escape Claws (Second Chance Cat Mystery, #6)