Start by marking “A Sinful Duke she can't Refuse” as Want to Read:
A Sinful Duke she can't Refuse

A Sinful Duke she can't Refuse

For she had eyes and she chose him...

Isabella Addison, daughter of the Viscount of Gefferton, is forced to marry a hideous man...or so she thinks. Her view of the world changes entirely the day she meets him for the very first time.

Emanuel Beckett, Duke of Helmsfield, lost himself twenty years ago—the day his parents were killed and his leg was amputated. Enraged by th
Published May 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about A Sinful Duke she can't Refuse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Sinful Duke she can't Refuse

Carole Burant
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a unique story and it grabbed at my heartstrings from start to end. Emanuel Beckett, Duke of Helmsfield, lost his leg when he was a young boy in a horrific highwaymen robbery that saw his parents killed right in front of him. He won't be happy until he can revenge their death and find the men who did this. I must say the one scene near the end where he lies down between his parents' graves and cries, had me bawling, it's such a touching scene.

His aunt decides to do some matchmaking
Tom Prejsner
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Romance

Thank you for sharing these wonderful romance novels series books. Please keep writing more of these wonderful books. Thank you
Laurie
May 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Elizabeth Connor
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I found myself smiling from the start, particularly when Isabella and Emanuel first met, but even before that, just listening to how they conversed with others. Both seemed genuinely kind and good-natured. In fact, both characters were so free from guile and utterly lacking in artifice, it was refreshing. Although the plot required a great deal of suspension of disbelief, and at one point verged on ludicrous, the characters and conversations more than made up for that. On more ...more
Vera
May 21, 2019 rated it did not like it
Good idea poorly developed

Author spends as much time on smaller, less significant parts of the story as on the crucial elements. The resolution is too unrealistic to be believable.
Joy
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Title: Nightmare from the past is awakened when the crippled Duke meets Isabella’s father.

SETTING: Isabella Addison, youngest daughter of the Viscount of Gefferton, is a ‘bluestocking’ and has shown no interest in the young men she has met so far. Her mother and her friend Helen, Lady Edric Beckett, plan a family dinner including Lady Helen’s nephew, Emmanuel Beckett, Duke of Helmsfield. It is precisely because the 2 young people have shown a similar lack of interest in the doings of the ‘ton’,
Marianne Post
May 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
Title is horrible.
Shasha
May 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I didn't make it very far into the story. The prose is simple yet over the top. I slogged through the first chapter but didn't see any improvement so gave up.
Emily Pennington
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Diana Addison, Viscountess of Gefferton sat down at the table to write to her dear friend Helen, who she had not seen since they were both debutantes 30 years ago. Their husbands currently served at Whitehall together. She had heard that Helen, Lady Edric Beckett, was in Town to find a bride for her nephew, Emmanuel Beckett, Duke of Helmsfield. Speculations on why he didn’t participate in the Season to find a bride himself led to rumors that he was hideous to look at or crippled. Diana likewise ...more
Anne
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Sinful Duke She Can't Refuse by Olivia Bennet was one of the better Regency romances I have read in a while. I totally loved both the Earl of Hemsfield and Lady Isabella. They both were such unique personalities. The Earl's condition was about as far from crippling as a situation could be despite peoples' opinions. The fact that he fell completely for Lady Isabella and didn't bother to hide it made him even more endearing. It was terrific that he wrote to her every day. That fact alone enhance ...more
Space Cowgirl
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Perfect Love💞

Isabella💃💋, a bluestocking, meets Emmanuel Beckett🐺🍆⛲, Duke of Helmsfield. It's a result of a matchmaking scheme between Isabella's mother and the Duke's aunt.
Emmanuel🐺🍆⛲ is a young, very handsome and charismatic man, but he lost his lower leg as a child in a shooting when his parents were attacked and murdered. He still has PTSD from the experience.
Even though Emmanuel🐺🍆⛲ has the most modern prosthetic, it still rubs and is somewhat awkward. So, he doesn't dance much or attend to
Ramona Harris
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Diana Addison, Viscountess of Gefferton wrote a letter to Helen, Lady Edric Beckett to discuss marriage between Helen's nephew and Diana's daughter. Emmanuel Beckett, Duke of Helmsfield returned home and discovered that his aunt had invited company for dinner a Lady Gefferton. The next morning Isabelle asked her mother if she had a good dinner and her mother said yes she went back to reading Gulliver's travels. Then her mother told her she had some news that she hoped Isabelle would like Isabell ...more
Joan Osborne
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A truly enjoyable romance

This was a truly enjoyable romance that I found romantic as well as intriguing. Emmanuel is very tortured Duke who lived through seeing his parents murdered and himself shot in the leg which had to be amputated. Emmanuel is an enigma to the ton and gossiped about often. Isabelle is a bluestocking, she loves to read which for a woman is something the ton doesn't approve of. Isabelle is more comfortable reading a book then going to ton functions. Emmanuel's Aunt and Isabel
alfawolf1
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lady Isabella Gefferton is a bluestocking, an outcast of the Ton. Society calls Emmanuel, the Duke of Helmsfield, an eccentric cripple. Isabella's mother and Emmanuel's aunt are best friends that have not seen each other in years. When they get together, they think their children will make a good match. They plan a meeting, Isabella and Emmanuel are skeptical. But when they meet? Sparks fly and they actually enjoy each other's company!

Emmanuel lost his leg as a child, when his parents were murd
Emma
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved reading this book. It is written with soul searching clarity that makes the story and the characters come alive. I especially liked how mature the H/h personalities were. Even though the h was about 19 or 20 she was not a simpering missish young woman. She knows herself well, what she likes and what she does not. She wants nothing more than to meet a man who will accept her for who she is. The H is a good man who had an unfortunate accident in his youth that caused him to lose part of his ...more
Akanksha Dutta (Athena Book Briefs)
This is one of the best historical romances I have read recently. The heroine is a bluestocking right after my heart, but she is confident and without self worth issues. I absolutely loved the depiction of the hero who is a change from other historical romance heroes with disabilities. He is not hesitant to ask for help, knows his limitations, has come to terms with his disability without being full of self pity. Also, the theme of forgiveness that ultimately runs through the story rather than r ...more
Rusti
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
I enjoyed this book very much, Emmanuel and Isabella are fun characters beneath their quirky exteriors. I really enjoyed the daily "love letters" and the humor they both brought to the story. Isabella is both shy and bold, and their common love of reading brings them together quite quickly. I love that Emmanuel is not afraid to show his emotions to Isabella, and that she is able to comfort him in his time of need. Solving the mystery of his parents' death ends in a very compassionate way, which ...more
Emily Zuck
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Falls flat for me

I wanted to like this book so much. The layout and general plot wasn’t bad, a bit garbled, but had promise, I wanted to enjoy the characters, they had promise, but were almost embarrassingly naive. Lots of “fillers” that had minimal to do with story.

Also really confused as to why some things were extremely historically accurate, while the majority of the book took so many liberties that is was almost comical.

Definitely read as a first draft in my opinion
Dee Jay
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Arranged marriages can be more than either ever expected.
Her parents insist and his aunt arranges a marriage between Isabella and Emanuel. Can this work?
However, Emanuel is instantly attracted to Isabella and while she finds him not to be old and decrepit, she is resistant to the idea of marriage in any form.
How they work through it all and then find news of how his parents death came about is the icing on the cake.
Sandra Tomas
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Indurence!

Indurence, discrips ,this story, of a young beautiful bluestocking,and a young tormented Duke.As there courtship begins, a tormented Duke, s past comes to light, that will change two families forever.
This story will Crip your heart, and take you on a journey, as you read each page.
Thank you!❤
Linda K
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a twist

I really enjoyed this book. What a twist And turns. Murder, maime, dreams, finding the one to help you on with life , finding the one responsible for murder of your parents , forgiveness out of love. I so enjoyed the epilogue, I think they complete the story. Great read.
Margaret Yelton
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Although I do think the title could have been better, overall the book itself was a very good read. I found it well written, the storyline was a good one and different than the norm. I enjoyed the chemistry between Emanuel and Isabella. I would definitely recommend this Historical Regency Romance to those that enjoy this genre.
Sharon Wagner
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my!

Wow! Loved this book immensely,the whole storyline was fantastic,so devastating for Emmanuel looking his family that way. Then meeting Isabella and both falling madly in love after everything that they went through. A definite read!
Pat Babcock
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Sinful Duke

The name of the book didn't fit the story. The Duke had suffered from the physical and emotional pain of his amputation which resulted from the robbery which resulted in the death of his parents. Love entered his life with additional problems.
Traci
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely

A wonderful story. Two people who are put together by relatives for a possible marriage. She a book worm, he is disabled from his youth. Excitement ensues, as does love. Truly lovely story.
Kimberly
Jun 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Good storyline and characters. I had a few issues with the authors writing style. And calling it a steamy historical romance is a bit of a stretch.
Joyce Neigebauer
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Impressed

I am impressed with the story. It is nice for a change to read about an accident turn into a love story which he can heal from.
Karen Janet
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Slow burn but no boring. The courting is so sweet and I Loved it! BUT the end I feel it rushed and de extended epilogue was meh...
Pat
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be a real pleasure to read with the well written storyline and characters that were so well rounded that I was totally captivated until the very last page!
Elizabeth Wylie
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
I had to stop reading. It was just so boring and flat. Disappointed as the summary would promising.
Having obtained a degree in Journalism, but with an affinity for literature and creative writing, Olivia Bennet knew from a young age that her future lay in the romantic ideals of the past. With a fascination for the Regency era and a good romance, she started her career as a historical romance author the old-fashioned way: with pen and paper.

Born in rural Devon, Olivia draws inspiration from the