Start by marking “Hell on Wheels (Kings of Mayhem MC, #4)” as Want to Read:
Hell on Wheels (Kings of Mayhem MC, #4)

Hell on Wheels

(Kings of Mayhem MC #4)

I left here a man but came back a beast

CHANCE

A shoulder-fired missile broke my body.

But betrayal obliterated my heart.

For months I lingered in and out of hell until my body healed.

Now I’m back in town with my club brothers. But I am still fighting a war of darkness in my head and I can’t see a way out.

Then she comes to town like a summer breeze and makes me fee
Published June 27th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Hell on Wheels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hell on Wheels

Start your review of Hell on Wheels (Kings of Mayhem MC, #4)
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
The past was gone.
Vanquished by love.
By faith.
And by hope.

After reading what happened to the eldest Calley boy, I needed to know how he was doing. Chance was a Navy SEAL and a member of the Kings of Mayhem MC. His grandfather founded the club, his father was the president until his death, and his uncle was now the ruling Prez. Wounded after his last mission, it took him months to get anywhere close to normal. Everyone wants him to get back to the easy guy he was before. Before the mission from h
Deborah
Aug 30, 2019 rated it liked it
3.75*

This book had the potential to be the best yet. Chance is an interesting character. At heart he’s a gentle soul and with a different father and a more traditional upbringing. He would be a different person. But life’s shaped him. And he’s suffered. He no longer feels worthy of love and doesn’t expect to ever be happy again.

Enter Cassidy. She’s running from her past. She doesn’t see a monster when she looks at Chance she sees an incredibly handsome man. The scars add to his appeal. But the b
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing

5 of 5 stars

I am so happy that I stuck with this series as I find myself enjoying it more and more with each new book.

This time I had the pleasure of reading about Chance, a wounded war vet who has more scars than just the ones on his body. He has a childhood full of misery and abuse to add to the devastation he suffered before he was medically discharged. He came home a very different man, and he is lost until he meets Cassidy. She is a woman on the run from her own share of horrors, but meetin
Aղցela W.
This was book 4 in the "Kings of Mayhem" series. Chance Calley is a former Navy Seal who was injured physically and emotionally. Cassidy has spent year moving from town to town along the way she met like her friend Missy who I did not like it her brother. Cassidy is a singer and when the club hires her she is a big hit with the bikers. When they first met Cassidy thought that all bikers were bad but as she gets to know Chance she realizes how wrong she was. When Missy wants to stay she gets ...more
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

Chance is the beast, scarred and hurt. Cassidy is the beauty, but she's been hurt and running from evil. Chance protects her and falls for her. Cassidy doesn't listen, and it almost ends badly for everyone. Loved seeing the previous peeps and that no one dies in this book.
Jasmina Ceha (Bookmarks by Jasmina blog)
Hell on wheels - Beast and Angel story

If I thought that previous books in King's of Mayhem series were great, this one was mind blowing and I just freaking love it.
This story was about two broken souls who's struggling with their terrible past, seeking salvation and all of it wrapped up in Mc's world full of hot bikers, dangerous actions, twist and turn.

Hell on Wheels is book#4 in King's of Mayhem series but you can read it as a standalone. Unless when you read it, you'll have mighty need for k
Nonieღserenity2bliss
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for the book. I voluntarily read and reviewed this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Looks like Penny Dee did it again! If you are looking for ovaries-busting, knees-melting kind of romance, then this might just be it for you.

I thought Biker Baby was really good, this one turns out to be even better, and this comes from someone who, most of the time, would turn away from MC story. But Hell on Wheels I enjoyed, very, very much.

Chance is at the cent
Zainab M.
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Finally an eye catching read after a long time. Hell On Wheels by @authorpennydee was riveting and an intense read. All hell breaks loose when Chance falls in love. He fight hard. He loves even harder. Strongly plotted, alpha hotness, second chance romance for the hero and love at first sight... This story truly gave those romantic vibes I am always after.

I did miss the dirty talking. He definitely needs to convey his feelings more! But nonetheless, it was refreshing. With a 4 stars, this novel
Lauren
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The blurb drew me in but the first pages had me hooked. Chance calls himself the Beast because he was hit by missle that left his body damaged but also his mind. He lives with that and the betrayl of the girl he loved daily. I was really surprised when Cassidy caught his eye and held his attention for so long. When he offers to help her you know its gonna be amazing watching them connect and grow together. There chemistry keeps you reading til the end.
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Stars

This is the 4th book of the series. Chance has been away from the action at home stationed in the military. When know he get's severely injured. The scars and the demon's he carry make him feel like a Beast. Not worthy of any woman's touch. And when he sees Cassidy, his Angel singing on the street corner, he knows he is no where close to worthy of her.

Cassidy fights her own demons. She is on the run. Chance is so drawn to her, he promised to protect her no matter what. As they both str
colelovesreading_nz
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a well delivered read.

Hell On Wheels by Penny Dee is exactly that. I'm so overwhelmed and in love with Chance and Cassidy's story that I'm struggling to find my composure.
It's that HOT!

When Chance lays eyes on a certain smokin' hot woman, he doesn't realise that everything he thought was his life was all about to change.
Cassidy has many demons, but so does Chance. When their lives cross paths, will either be able to face what's ahead or will their pasts intervene and destroy everything?
R
Victoria
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Freakin love this series!

I couldn’t wait to get my hands on Chance’s book and I was NOT disappointed!
Sandy S
4 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date July 16, 2019

I left here a man but came back a beast

CHANCE

A shoulder-fired missile broke my body.

But betrayal obliterated my heart.

For months I lingered in and out of hell until my body healed.

Now I’m back in town with my club brothers. They think I am ok. But I am still fighting a war of darkness in my head and I can’t see a way out.

Then she comes into town like a summer breeze and makes me feel things I didn’t know existed.

She has the voice of an angel
Michelle
Aug 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Slowly these books are growing on me. Not totally. But Enough to find it interesting enough to finish them.

Chance & Cassidy story was ok. Out there but but ok. The swamp people with bad teeth was eye opening. 😂 the whole Barrett thing was good. Up until we got to the end. What he wanted to do. It felt like it was added for extra drama.

I love grandma Sybil!!! She was bad ass! 😂

Overall this was a ok read. The next book in this series was the book I requested from Netgalley. I just wanted to catch
Heather  Red Hatter Book Blog
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
In book 4 of Kings of Mayhem we get Chance our broken war hero. He has been through so much and is skillful at keeping his memories to himself. Since he has been back women have come and gone, but has not been at the top of his list. Until he meets a fiery blonde bombshell with a voice of an Angel. Cassidy has so many demons of her own. She never stays in a place very long for fear of being caught. Her situation will have you wanting to protect her just has Chance does.
Their story does not start
Erica
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hell on Wheels is book 4 in the Kings of Mayhem MC series, they can each be read on their own but I've read and loved them all but this one is my absolute favorite in this series!!

Chance is home after a horrific event destroyed both his mind and body. He's acting like he's fine but he has demons.
Cassidy is running from her own demons, she's had a pretty horrific life herself and has to keep moving to outrun it.
A chance meeting brings them together and wanting to help her gives Chance a bit of no
Sara - Curvy Constellation
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Now on to book number four in the series, we meet Chance and Cassidy. Chance has had a bad streak of luck. With his body and heart scared from past military experience, Chance just needs a chance. Cassidy has her own demons chasing her. After being on the run forever, Chance helps open her eyes and put roots down. Will they both be able to overcome their own demons? I LOVE the chemistry between these two. I literally had to fan myself a few times. They kept things hot and heavy. I couldn’t turn ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Penny has knocked another one out of the park with this fantastic story! I could not put it down from page one, right up to the last page. I have thoroughly enjoyed this entire series but I loved Chance and Cassidy’s story!

Chance is so messed up in so many ways. My heart broke for him; he had some pretty raw, emotional and physical scars that keep him from moving forward. Poor Cassidy, her story hits a bit close to home for me on some level.

Hell On Wheels is the fourth book in the Kings of May
Paula White
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I really enjoyed the others in the series and this one was just as good. Both Chance and Cassidy had a lot to overcome and had been through a lot. Chance was injured in the war and Cassidy lived a youth of pain. When these two came together there was a connection. They worked together and dismissed their demons, they were great together and there was a lovely epilogue.

Thanks to NetGalley for the copy.
Lynn Reynolds
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Chance Calley is holding in a lot of hate and anger. He’s also holding on to a lot of pain. Cassidy Lewis doesn’t want anything to do with trouble. She’s the opposite of Chance – she’s holding in a lot of fear. Even though Chance has a lot going on in his head, he sees a woman in trouble and is willing to do what is necessary to see that she’s safe.

This is one of those books that I felt like a kid at Christmas. Is it here yet? My mother would say I have ants in my pants. I’ve go
Tash
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
The fourth instalment introduces us finally to Chance , the oldest son of the Calley and the most mysterious of the lot. He is reckless and waiting to explode haunted by his squad death. He is the perfect Sergeant at Arms and no one wants to mess him knowing that he has scars everywhere.

Until Cassidy enters the picture and makes forget his pain and gives him hope. Something he has long forgotten about. A chance to love again and find happiness something that is desperately missing in his life.

Bu
Gladys
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this read. Chance and Cassidy's story was intense and engaging. My heart bled for Chance. So badly broken on both the inside and out, he truly needed some light to help ease the darkness that consumed him and the form that light took was Cassidy. I liked Cassidy but I did think she did some fairly dumb things and made poor choices. Reguardless, I felt that these two wounded people made a great couple. The storyline is filled with drama, tension, strong emotions, danger and heat. I thou ...more
Patricia Anne Davis
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Carolina
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

So on my only day off i decided to read this series. And let me tell you it was so worth it. Chance by far is my favorite character. You will fall in love with him. I truly hope this series continues because each book is truly amazing. Spending my day reading this series has been my best day off! Thanks Penny!
Andrea Gillan
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another brilliant installment

Chance came back from the war wounded, hurt and bitter. He had to do something that is plaguing his mind and he thinks knows he won't forget. Cassidy is running from her past and the person following her. A Chance meeting and her world changes.
Judy
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Maybe my favorite

I really enjoy this author and the series can’t wait for the next one. FYI you will lose sleep with kings of Mayhem MC
Lorilee
Jul 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Chance is my favorite in the series. These are very mild biker romances so do not worry that is gets too dark but it is still steamy.
TheHauteBookworm
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Another wonderful story by Penny Dee. This one pulled us along the emotionally raw journey of Chance and Cassidy. Two beautiful individuals marred by horrific pasts that have left the scars of war, foreign and domestic.

Like Chance, Cassidy’s scars are physical and emotional, but hers come from home. The home where you’re supposed to be safe and protected. Yet home for her was the very place she was terrorized and unable to escape.

To everyone else, Chance’s bodily scars from war seem to be
Lisa
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Hell on Wheels by Penny Dee is the fourth book in her Kings of Mayhem MC series. Told in dual POV between Chance and Cassidy, we finally get to learn more about the oldest Calley brother. About his life growing up as the oldest and having to deal with the more nightmarish side of their father, and about just how far he is willing to go to protect the woman he loves. From a terrible injury and incident while on a mission for the Navy SEALS we see him work through the darkness in his soul whil ...more
Barbara
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH JUST WOW… Ms. Dee has such a wonderful writing style that I just can’t help but love her books. Her Kings of Mayhem MC series is simply phenomenal. From the very start the men that make up this series have touched my heart and soul. But the author has totally outdone herself with Hell on Wheels. This very emotional, hard hitting storyline, is one I won’t soon forget.

Chance was a Navy Seal. One of the best sharpshooters on his team. But when he is betrayed by a woman his was falling for and t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Stoney's Property (Devil's Riot MC: Originals, #1)
  • Vex (The Devil's Angels MC #4)
  • Nova (The Kings of Retribution MC, Louisiana, #3)
  • Poodle (Ruthless Kings MC #4)
  • Owning Victoria (Devil's Riot MC: Originals #2)
  • Tool (Ruthless Kings MC, #3)
  • T-Bone (Satan's Fury-Memphis #9)
  • Prospect (Satan's Fury MC-Memphis)
  • Pooh (The Devil's Angels MC #3)
  • Axel (The Devil's Angels MC #2)
  • Batta (Blackwings MC - Devil Springs Book 4)
  • Chaos (Kings of Carnage MC, #1)
  • Skirt (Ruthless Kings MC, #5)
  • Wick
  • Screw (Hell's Handlers MC #8; No Prisoners MC)
  • Reaper (Ruthless Kings MC, #1)
  • Hades Pain (Devil's Riot MC #6)
  • Rider (Satan's Fury MC-Memphis #7)
Penny Dee writes contemporary romance about rockstars, bikers, hockey players and everyone in-between. Her stories bring the suspense, the feels and a whole lot of heat.

She found her happily ever after with an Australian hottie who she met on a blind date.

You can connect with Penny Dee here:
FB: www.facebook.com/pennydeebooks/
Penny's Queens of Mayhem: www.facebook.com/groups/604941899983066/
Instag

Kings of Mayhem MC (7 books)
  • Kings of Mayhem (Kings of Mayhem MC, #1)
  • Brothers in Arms (Kings of Mayhem MC, #2)
  • Biker Baby (Kings of Mayhem MC, #3)
  • Off Limits (Kings of Mayhem MC, #5)
  • Bull (Kings of Mayhem MC, #6)
  • The Kings of Mayhem MC Box Set Books 1–3 (Kings of Mayhem MC, #1-3)