Start by marking “Clear Confusion” as Want to Read:

Clear Confusion

What am I going to do, God? Who am I?

Charlotte Hallaway needs to come to terms with her father's death. He had been her only family, and she wasn't handling her grief well. It was just supposed to be a few weeks of peace and quiet to process it all, but then she saw them-a drug deal and a murder within seconds of each other.

And they saw her.

Now running for her life, Charlo
Paperback
Published July 1st 2019 by Ambassador International

To ask other readers questions about Clear Confusion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clear Confusion

Susan
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it

Kathy M Howard

CLEAR CONFUSION is the first book I've ever read by Kathy M Howard and it definitely won't be the last. The twists and turns keep coming and I had to know how it was going to end! Every time I thought I knew where this story was going, a few pages later, Ms. Howard threw me for a loop and I knew I was wrong!

CLEAR CONFUSION is a quick read and unputdownable! Charlotte Hallaway has just lost her dad and needs to come to terms with her loss. She boards a bus to get awa
Suzie Waltner
Jul 16, 2019 rated it liked it
This is the first book I’ve read by Kathy M. Howard. I’ve also been in a romantic suspense zone lately, so there was a lot to compare this one to. I believe Clear Confusion is more a romance with a touch of mystery/suspense thrown in.

The story has a lot of potential—a woman who witnesses a crime then loses her memory—but it didn’t quite deliver for me. There wasn’t enough tension for my taste, and I figured out who the players were fairly quickly. Too often, Sydney is simply told what’s going on
Marie
Jul 30, 2019 rated it liked it
“Clear Confusion” is a Christian, contemporary, romantic-suspense novel by Kathy M. Howard.

Thank you in advance to JustRead Tours and Ambassador International for this copy to voluntarily review. A positive review was not required, all thoughts are my own.

“Clear Confusion” centers on Charlotte Halloway who recently lost her father. Due to the fact he was her only family and she wasn’t handling her grief well, she was on a bus trip to clear her mind and take some time to process everything. Tha
Susan Wachtel
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gripping Suspense, Romance and Grounded in Faith

Clear Confusion is the first book I’ve read by Kathy M Howard and what a great introduction into this author’s work. I loved this book!

Just who is Charlotte and what in the world did she see that caused her to flee? How did she end up in a tree in the forest, scratched, bruised and hurting? Who are these men that awakened her? Friends or foes? Most of all why can’t she remember anything? Not even who she is or where she came from?

From the get-go,
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed Clear Confusion by Kathy M. Howard and, though this is the first of her books I’ve read, it most certainly will not be the last. Howard writes a well-developed story with engaging characters and just the right amount of tension for a romantic suspense.

Dealing with her grief over her father’s death, Charlotte Hallaway decides to travel, hoping for a place of peace and quiet in which she could try to come to terms with idea that she is the only one left of her family.

Woefull
Erin
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: justread-tours
My Thoughts on Clear Confusion:
Fear is a very powerful thing. It has the power to motivate us and push us onward but also the power to paralyze us. Can it also make someone forget things? Is danger always imminent when we have a sense of fear?
I keep finding new authors that I have to have to have to follow. Once you read one book by them you know that they're amazing and you just have to binge the rest of their books. I can't be the only one who does this right?

There is a lot going on in the sto
Necee
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Clear Confusion explained this book perfectly. It was confusing at times to know what was going on, but the author pulled everything together by the end. I will say the point of view was confusing at times, but maybe that was the author’s purpose. This was a murder mystery that was interesting but not overwhelming… one that I wouldn’t be afraid to read in the middle of the night. It had an engaging storyline and kept me wanting to see what happened all the way till the end. Some of it wrapped up ...more
Veronica
This was a suspenseful story that really grabs your attention from the beginning! I couldn't imagine how terrifying it would be to wake up in the woods not knowing who you were or how you got there. I actually didn't remember what this story was about so I didn't find out for a while what she was doing there or how she got there, which made it even more suspenseful! I admired her strength as she grapples with this and then when she does find out, how she deals with it as the trauma isn'
Robin E. Mason
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh the twists in this story! The opening jerked this reader right into the story—and held me fast, the tension flipping page after page.
The way Ms. Howard introduced Charlotte’s amnesia shrouded the reader in confusion and darkness—exactly what Charlotte was feeling. And the fear that held her memory hostage was palpable.
The shards of her memory that surfaced came in flashes and slivers. With no other real options, Charlotte had no choice but to trust those who were caring for her. And with that
Rachael
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Clear Confusion has some great character development and a good plot. The story has a good flow to it except for the few times the point-of-view quickly changes. I was use to that further on in the story.

“...the simple fact that she also knew Jesus was a huge encouragement. She felt strangely strong and confident in that memory alone.”

This is a read for those who enjoy romantic suspense or who enjoy a strong faith theme in their reads. The faith part and the references to forgiveness, mercy, gra
Jenn N
Jul 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I was expecting more of a thriller instead of a romance but that’s not a bad thing. The burgeoning romance relationship between Charlotte and Nicholas is the true heart of this story. It read like a movie you might see on the Hallmark Channel. Charlotte, Nicholas and Nicholas’ sister Nellie are very passionate about their Christian faith and their love for the Lord guides their choices as Charlotte tries to regain her memory. Nellie is actually my favorite character in the story. I hope Ms. Howa ...more
Rosalyn
Jul 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book, written by a new-to-me author.

It wasn't quite the level of suspense that I would have preferred, but still enough danger there that I found it intriguing.

The story line is interesting--a woman witnesses something terrible, and is running for her life. The next thing she knows, she is wondering in the woods and has lost all her memory, with no idea of who she is.

The story is not written with as much detail as it could have been. Things are 'told' more than shown, but it is st
Abigail Harris
My Review of Clear Confusion:
Here’s another suspense! This was clearly not your normal suspense. I enjoyed the story and the plot twists surprised me – the book wasn’t too predictable and I enjoyed the romance. My only complaint is that the point out view jumped around. Nicholas was a fantastic character that makes a winning teacher, surprisingly. And his little teaching quirks are so funny. I was slightly confused by the point of view at times and the pacing was slow in the beginning which anno
Candy Smith
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by the author and I found it an intriguing read. Charlotte is grieving her father's death and decides to travel to find some peace but what she finds is trouble by witnessing a drug deal gone bad. So she's on the run jumping on a bus and ending up in a field in Georgia with no memory of who she is or how she got there but fear of something still plagues her. Nicholas does what he can to help and soon friendship kindles into something more but Charlotte needs to f ...more
Mikaela
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it

Since I have never read a book by Kathy Howard before, I was not sure what to expect. I must say that I was pleased with what I found. Her story provides just the right amount of suspense and intrigue to keep readers engaged and coming back for more. Not only is this a great story, but it is also a story that that continually points readers back to God. I would definitely recommend this, and I cannot wait to see what else Kathy has in store for her readers.

* I have voluntarily reviewed a compli
Tiffany
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beware, this book is one you won't be able to put down. I absolutely loved this book! I loved the characters, and I loved the way Charlotte and Nick depend on God to get them through the rough times in their lives. I found myself wondering who Charlotte could trust? Who was after her? When would she get her memory back? The suspense was great, and the twists kept me guessing. I could not put this book down, and I promise if you're into suspense, this is a book you're going to want to read!

**I re
Karen
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kathy Howard has written a touching story about a woman, who after the death of her beloved father, boards a bus to get away for awhile. After innocently witnessing a murder, her life is turned upside down, she suffers amnesia, and is forced to go into hiding. Laced with character twists, intrigue, with a dash of romance, this novel will keep you up all night reading! I highly recommend!

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through JustRead Tours and was under no obligation to write
Babymidori13
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Clear Confusion “ is my first book by Kathy M. Howard.
The book was a breathe of fresh air and I really enjoyed it. I appreciate how the author incorporated the daily struggles of those that are seeking God in everyday situations. I give this book a rating of five stars.
I have voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from JustRead Tours. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.
teresa c lee
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clear your schedule! Once you start reading-you can't stop!

The best yet! A truly believable storyline filled with God's faithfulness every step. Will be waiting for her next endeavor!
Randi Sampson
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
**I received a complimentary copy for consideration. All thoughts are 100% my own.

Waking up in the woods with no memory of how you got there or who you are... that sounds like something straight out of a soap opera, doesn't it? While that may certainly be true, it's also the making of a great mystery! After all, how do you know who to trust...if you don't remember a thing!?

From the very start Clear Confusion kept me guessing and wondering what exactly had happened, and who was responsible. It is
Kelly
Kennedy Sermons
Aug 09, 2019
Marian Baay
Aug 11, 2019
Kathy M. Howard resides in south Georgia with her husband and two children. Somewhere between homeschooling, sideline mama-cheering, chocolate chip cookie eating, and hanging out with family, she enjoys a good book on a rainy day.

She loves the Lord and wants to share Jesus where she can, even in her books. By God's goodness and with the support and love of her family, she hopes to continue writin