Start by marking “Heartache and Hope (Heartache Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Heartache and Hope (Heartache Duet, #1)

Heartache and Hope

(Heartache Duet #1)

Ava Diaz needs saving.
She just doesn’t know it yet.
Just like she doesn’t know a thing about the boy she sits next to on the first day of senior year.
He thinks she’s a brat.
She thinks he’s entitled.
Maybe first impressions don’t always last…
Because Connor Ledger’s about to save her.
He just doesn’t know why.
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: June 28th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Heartache and Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heartache and Hope

Christy
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-five-stars
5+ stars

photo AD63E795-400D-48A1-A8C3-528E74999F7B_zpsl5niax07.png
When the world is at its darkest, that’s when the magic appears.

It's been way too long since I've read a book by Jay McLean, but she's back and better than ever with Heartache and Hope. Seriously, this is one of her best books yet and it gave me all the Kick Push/More Than vibes and that, my friends, is a HUGE compliment. This story was epic. I devoured each page and was left craving more.

Ava Diaz is a teenager, but her life is not like the typical teens. It's a hard life, a life
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My most fav author is baccckkkkk!!

Without going overboard this author right here is my most highly recommended author..Her #MORE series is one of my all time #FAVOURITES and is the #ONLY series or even #BOOKS for that matter that I have #EVER re-read!!

Not gonna lie I screamed the house down when she emailed me again when the arc actually landed on my kindle!! Cray Cray love this author!!
~Dawn~TUG
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh new words from Jay!!!!!!!

ALL THE STARS IN THE SKY!!

When you are a blogger you read A LOT of books. Some you enjoy, some you love, some just stroll "meh" through your life. But some, they stain your soul, the words bleed into your being and just exist, as if they were destined to be a part of YOU. Ms. McLean writes these stories. This one though? This one just replaced the favorites that resided prior. This one is SPECIAL. A read that reminds us that life is unfair, brutal ev
Wendy
I was absolutely blown away...just as expected !! Review to come a bit closer to release date, but this was definitely Magic !!! Can't wait for more ;)

An ARC was provided to
postedonlogo
in exchange for an honest review

Twitter_85f instagram-button-1_8f7_fbc 200px-Button_Icon_Orange_svg_1_519 social_facebook_button_blue_25b BB_96x96_bc5

Jemima
Jun 18, 2019 is currently reading it
I love this author so I have high expectations (No pressure hahaha)..
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Omgggggggggg!!!! This!!!! This is the book I've been dying for. This is the book that would unknowingly satiate all of my relentless cravings for angst and heartache and deliciously brutal teen drama but only momentarily because now I'm left hungry for more. THIS BOOK is precisely why you'll never in a million years hear me complain about cliffhangers. THIS is a superb demonstration of exactly why I enjoy them so much. I'm actually dying right now... dying from that ending, dying for MORE. But t ...more
Cassie
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heartache and Hope left me wondering, hoping, and wishing, but rather than focus on that for this review I am going to talk about my feelings leading up to the epic cliffhanger (that shouldn’t be a surprise as this has been advertised as a duet). I fell in love hard and fast with these characters. Somewhere between the fireflies and the magic they nestled into my heart. Connor and Ava created love in a literal hopeless place (sorry Rhianna). I enjoyed the details when it came to basketball as we ...more
Casey
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story hit me with so many feels from so many different places. Each character resonates with you.

Let’s start with Conner. He has spent his life preparing to be a basketball star. He has hope and dreams and you literally ~feel~ them through the pages.

Conners dad. As a parent, you understand his viewpoint..although you may not agree with it. Mclean does a fantastic job of writing his story in a way that makes you understand where he’s coming from.

Ava. Wow. Once you realize what Ava is goin
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Image
So, this old bird rarely reads YA these days (I am soooo far away from their ages that it is often hard for me to connect with the characters), however the minute that Jay McLean announces she is releasing a new book, I am counting down the seconds until it arrives on my Kindle.

This book has it all in the title - it is full of heartache and hope. You can't help but fall in love with Ava and Connor and all the complexities of their lives

Gah, there is so much I want to tell you about this book, h
Diz Reads 4TLOReading
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You don’t realise how much you have missed an authors words, until you have it in your hands and its finished. When you are left wondering where those last few hours went as you were fully submerged in the words on the page ! And in this case left with a cliff hanger where you are left hungry for more !

Jay McLean has worked her magic and this book is just oh so very good. Her words have always provoked emotion with in her story telling and this one is no different.

Connor and Ava take us on a ri
Anna Doe
She's back, and she's even better than before!

Ava and Connor don't expect each other, but when their paths cross they've found their missing half. In each other, they find solace and hope, but as time passes by, their love will be tested again and again. Heartache or hope - what is the end game? You'll have to read this one to find out!

In her typical writing style, McLean is telling us another extremely emotional and heartbreaking story of two teens trying to find their way in life. This coming
Michael Cook
May 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
I'm dying to read this series! Jay McLean is giving us two books off the bat! Her books always leave me in tears but with a full heart.
Melanie (mells_view)
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Teenage hormones are one hell of a drug.”

Jay McLean does a beautiful job, in Heartache and Hope, blending the magical feelings of young love and the bitter realities some must face in life. H&H has a mature YA feel, and covers some serious subject matter. Told in the dual POV’s of Ava and Connor. It’s a bit of a slow burn, but this is book one in a duet so it lends to the build of the characters relationship!

I want to say so much about Ava and Connor, but I think it’s best you meet them on
Maria Cristina Joy
Shannon
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
✨I received an advanced copy of this from the author in exchange for an honest review.✨I’ve always enjoyed Jay McLean’s books, but this one absolutely ripped my heart out! Filled with her usual complex characters facing way too many difficult life problems, Jay REALLY brought Ava and Connor to life and made me feel everything they were going to. I love that this wasn’t “instalove”, but it did seem like a realistic start to a high school relationship. Not only were Ava and Conner well developed, ...more
Johnaka
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heartache and Hope by Jay McLean
“She’s back, 5 stars”

McLean is back to writing after taking a break thanks to baby #3. She was crazy enough to give us a duet right out of the gate and man did she kill it. Ava and Connor….dear baby jesus. Those two both carry burdens they shouldn’t have to but they do it well. Then when they meet they find solace in each other. I don’t what to give too much away because, hello duet, but Heartache and Hope gave me both heartache and hope. I have no idea where McLe
Van
Jun 10, 2019
Anna Banana
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poc-heroines

It's been YEARS since I've read a book by Jay McLean, and honestly I kinda forgot about her books. But after reading this, it reminded me so much of what I loved about her books.

This book was so addictive, I tried to read this as much as I could after work every night and I was tempted to even bring it to work to try and read some more. I really like Jay's writing style and I really got drawn into this story about Ava and Connor. Yes, at the beginning I was kinda eye-rolling a bit and had to di
Tanya
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All the noise around me fades. I don’t hear any sounds. No chatter. It is just me, my emotions, and the characters. That’s the power an author like Jay McLean has. The power to make everything disappear so that it’s just me and the words. That is exactly what she created with Heartache and Hope.

Unexpected and commanding are two words that come to mind when thinking about Heartache and Hope. I didn’t know what to expect but I always know Jay McLean packs her books with sadness, joy, heartbreak,
Charlotte Oliver
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg! The FEELS! Words can not describe how much Jay McCleans writing makes you feel! This book shows us that life is full or ups and downs, full of unfair and unkind situations but hope can be found. It’s an angsts first love story and I could not put it down! I love Ava and Connor! You have to read this book!
Lesley Koke DeWig
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book! OMG... once I started I couldn't put it down. My feelings were all over the place. Connor and Ava are both young and struggling with the weight of the world on their shoulders. Jay McLean talent is mind blowing. I wish I could give this book ALL the stars.
Danielle (Book Addict Reviews)
Review coming soon.
Chrsitina Somerville
Maddie
Jana
May 05, 2019
Jay McLean is an international best-selling author and full-time reader, writer of New Adult and Young Adult romance, and skilled procrastinator. When she’s not doing any of those things, she can be found running after her three little boys, investing way too much time on True Crime Documentaries and binge-watching reality TV.
She writes what she loves to read, which are books that can make her lau

Heartache Duet (2 books)
  • First and Forever (Heartache Duet, #2)