Start by marking “Fièvre enchantée (Fever, #9; Dani O'Malley, #4)” as Want to Read:
Fièvre enchantée (Fever, #9; Dani O'Malley, #4)

Fièvre enchantée

(Fever #9)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  16,097 ratings  ·  1,760 reviews
« Un an et cinq jours après que j’ai posé mon pied sur le sol sauvage de l’Irlande, le Sinsar Dubh a gagné. Il lui a suffi d’attendre l’instant où j’aurais la folie de me croire assez forte pour franchir la ligne rouge… »

Alors que la Terre a plongé dans le chaos,le Sinsar Dubh, un livre maléfique doué de conscience, a pris possession du corps de Mac, et rien ne
Mass Market Paperback, 639 pages
Published October 2nd 2019 by J'ai lu (first published January 17th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Fièvre enchantée, please sign up.
Andrea You may feel that way but a lot of people hate the idea of the Fever series ever ending and I'm one of them. I wish it would go on forever. I'm tired…moreYou may feel that way but a lot of people hate the idea of the Fever series ever ending and I'm one of them. I wish it would go on forever. I'm tired of hearing people complain that KMM isn't writing the story the way they think it should go because I happen to love the way the story is going. I'm tired of watching Dani lovers bash Mac lovers or vice versa. Every time KMM puts a book out, somebody goes crazy because they didn't get the developments or characters they wanted. It's really simple, if you think it should have ended, stop reading it. I sometimes think the problem people have with this series is that she's no longer writing romance novels and to me, it seems some people keep trying to force this series to be a romance that follows classic romance conventions.

Dani was kept in a cage for years and turned into a killer by the age of eight. This isn't a romance series. It's dark. It's brutal. It's about young women trying to be strong in a hard world. No one in this series is perfect and that's a huge part of my attraction to it. KMM doesn't try to explain their flaws away, she writes them flat out flawed and lets us decide what to think of them. I'm so involved in the Jada/Shazam thing that I cried at the end of Feverborn. And after reading the recent excerpt from EW I'm a nervous wreck about Mac.

I found this series one day when I'd run out of good scifi/fantasy books to read. I'm not a romance reader so my expectations of it were probably very different. I fell in love with the complexity of the plot and world-building, the endless mysteries and red herrings, and I'm starved for more details about this world the same way I feel about the Harry Potter books. While I think KMM could have moved the plot forward more in Feverborn, it's really classic KMM, doing the slow build to the huge finale, like she did with Shadowfever. And that excerpt, SHE WENT THERE. Good God, she actually went there. She turned Mac evil. If you've been reading the series since the beginning, you had to know that was going to happen. I think all hell is going to break loose in Feversong and I'm going to be violently depressed when this series ends. :((less)
Mercedes The books main character is MacKayla Lane. It started with her, it should end with her.

·  16,097 ratings  ·  1,760 reviews

Start your review of Fièvre enchantée (Fever, #9; Dani O'Malley, #4)
Sh3lly
This may be a long and rambling review. I think it's time I was honest with myself and admitted that the true magic of this series ended with Shadowfever. The books that followed that, Iced, Burned, and Feverborn were not bad, but there was something missed that was never recaptured. And it's definitely not rekindled here.

While I didn't hate Feversong, it was somewhat disappointing. I won't spoil anything, and unless you haven't read up to this point yet, you'll know the main unresolved story continues here. The black h
Melanie
*.) Fever Moon: The Fear Dorcha ★★★★★
6.) Iced ★★★★
7.) Burned
8.) Feverborn

“He kissed me like I was the empire he was sworn to protect and would die a thousand deaths to keep secure. He kissed me like I was a woman with a deep dark wildness that needed to be fed and he knew just how to do it. He kissed me like he was dying and this was the last kiss he would ever taste.”

God, I don't even know how to rate this book. Part of me wants to give it five stars, and ignore all the problematic things, just★
Tatiana
Jan 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, urban-fantasy
Oh, Feversong... A conclusion that both satisfies and also underlines how unnecessary and sloppy the last 4 books really are.

Reading Feversong, I was mostly bored, not annoyed or disgusted at least, but bored nevertheless. The plot centers on finding Song of Making needed to get rid of the black holes that are poised to consume Earth. But the road to the solution is long and void of excitement or mysteries. Mac's continuous acquiring of different powers inside of her head means too m
Melissa
Aug 30, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
When I first learned that there were going to be two more Fever books in 2015 I was like:

And then I realized that there were going to be two more Fever books in 2015 .

And so I was like:

I need my Jericho Barrons fix. Right. Now.
Alp
“Sun, moon, and stars,” he growled against my ear.
I punched him in the shoulder. “Hush. You think I don’t know that?”

*Take a deep breath*

Alright, I'm surprisingly pleased with this book. I think my expectations for Feversong were set quite high, but they were exceeded. Honestly, they were more than fulfilled! This installment was way better than I thought it would be and I loved it! Yes, I loved it, though there were some major problems which I will tell you later in this review.
☆★Tinja★✮ A Court of Pizza and Laziness
OH MY GOD!!!! YESSS YESSS YESSSSS I LOVED IT!!! I was so fucking scared this would disappoint me aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh <3 <3 Holy shit I feel like crying. Review to come.
Nicole
After reading Feverborn, the worst book so far, I expected this book to be disastrous. I read some reviews and they mentioned their disappointments, I totally understand why but I wasn't since like I just mentioned, I thought the worst before starting this book. Thus, I enjoyed Feversong. Of course, many some chapters were so boring but I liked it more than Feverborn and even Burned. Yet, the numerous flaws are still there and we can't just ignore them.

The magic ended with Shadowfever. I got over it. Yes, like ever

Jilly
Yes, I'm pulling out the 5-star review, even though it wasn't perfect. I couldn't put the book down and it got to me. I actually had salty discharge coming from my eyes at one point. What is the meaning of this sorcery? I was very much calling myself a little bitch for crying, but crying did happen. And, since I rarely cry, I got a headache. *sigh*

It wasn't pretty.

But, after a wine and Percocet cocktail, I'm feeling just fine now.

It wasn't pretty.

But, after a wine and Percocet cocktail, I'm feeling just fine now.

Let me just say that if you haven't read the series up to this point, you might want to look away now.

You were warned. Okay, so we have the sucking black holes that are going to suck our planet into oblivion. That's gunna suck. Cuz, we all gonna die. So, Mac & the Gang (anyone else think that would be an awesome name for an '80's tribute band?) need to figure out how to stop these suckers.

I usually don't.

Unfortunately, Mac is now the Sinsar Dubh. Or, it is her. Oh, and it's so evil that it's freaking hilarious. Oh S.D. gets right down to the horrific killing right away. It doesn't even start small, like most serial killers with the bug torture and the pet-killing. No, it gets down to business and takes out a main character in the most disgusting, bloodiest way possible.

Whatever you are imagining, this is worse.

We also get the release of Cruse/V'lane. I've always liked that guy. He is also pretty ambiguous when it comes to the rules of right and wrong. And, unfortunately for humanity, they need him. That's gonna be a problem. He's not exactly super-hero material.

Oh, I stand corrected.

As for Dani/Jada, well, let's remember that in our last episode she had just hopped the fence from Unstableville straight in the PsychoTown. But, don't worry, she still has the Pedo-twins, Ryo and Christian, wanting her. The hot/crazy scale is mightily tested. And yet, since they had shown their propensity for a 14-yr old Dani, maybe the whole thing needs to be on more of a sliding scale for this group.

In case you are unfamiliar. Dani must be on fire! (Or was that Ryo? Oops, too soon?)

But, Christian seems to be off the table, and instead we have a triangle with Dani/Ryo/Dancer. You all know that I have always been a Dancer fan. He has that geeky sex appeal and was actually the only one age appropriate for Dani. And, he was actually a decent guy to her - unlike some pedo-creep that won't be named. Just kidding. It's Ryodan. I never could get on that creepy ship. Ew.

Commence the onion chopping now!

As for the things that weren't perfect:

Yes, there was too much "thinkin'", musing, rambling... But, hey, I feel like KMM wanted to catch us in the feels. And, you will really get into their heads. So, achieved!

The changing of Ryodan's personality. WTH? Suddenly he is the philanthropist? The martyr for humanity? Mr. Nice Guy? Um, no. He's an ass. He was always an ass. He needs to continue his assish ways. Own it, man. I felt like this was just a way for us to be okay with a future relationship. And, oh, let's make sure all of the "impediments" are cleared too. This made me a bit killy. I freaking liked the impediment! *Urge to kill rising*

Okay, time for another cocktail. Enjoy reading this. It has some ups and downs, but it is still a great end to our beloved series.

Although, would it have killed her to write an epilogue? FFS

Fire to my ice, Mac.

Frost to my flame, Jericho.

Forever.
♥Book♥YouVeryMuch
Ms. Mooning has posted a Note on her Facebook page answering some questions about the new series:

"Am I writing a 6th FEVER book?

Because I keep getting this question, I’ve realized I've obviously not answered it to your satisfaction:) I'm going to post here and ask that you all help me in spreading the word around.

I'm currently working on a trilogy that features Dani, Christian MacKeltar, Ryodan, and the mysterious 'Dancer,' set primarily in Fever-Dublin. Each installment in/>
"Am
Jelly Belly
Nov 11, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fae
01/05/2015:
I think I just died.
Initial reaction:
description
Like Christmas morning :)

------------------------------------------------
1/16/2017:
THIS IS NOT A DRILL, I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!
description
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

I know a lot of people were scared to read this book. With the rumors going around, I actually found myself becoming more intrigued about the events of this book. That’s the thing about this series. You have to jump in with both feet to enjoy it.

FEVERSONG is book nine in the series. If you’ve read up to this book then you know that KMM writes balls to the wall. Nothing is simple and everything wears a mask. What you think you know isn’t real and time after time KMM has blindsided me with her reveals. The
Ferdy

An improvement to Burned and Feverborn, I kind of hated those instalments. This one wasn't brilliant, there were a lot of things that bored/annoyed me but there was also a fair amount I really enjoyed.

(view spoiler) ...more
Kira

A few things were good, but most of it was incredibly disappointing. The first third was boring as hell and repetitive. Then it got interesting for a while. By the halfway mark I was annoyed and stayed that way for the rest of the book. The only reason I finished this so quickly is because I knew if I put it down I'd never pick it back up again.

I could have lived without the many chapters from the sinsar dubh. Yeah I got it quite early on that it was evil. I didn
Sophia Triad
DNF
I have reached 50% of the book and I simply cannot focus to finish it.
Maybe it is my fault.
I will give it another try after a few weeks, because it's not fair for the book.
No rating for now...

---------------------------------------
Everything pauses until I finish this!
I suppose I start from chapter 12...

---------------------------------------
BEFORE 170117
You can now read chapters 1-11 on author's webpag
SHOOKITHA TEA
3.5- NO SPOILERS
-----
Ok!! So this is it! The last book with Mac and Barrons.

I’ll be 100% honest here and say I’m a Dani/Jada stan chomping at the bit. So my hopes going into reading this were: PLEASE LET THERE BE SOME TIME FOR DANI ALREADY. My hopes were met. Jada finally gets her time in this one. As a Dani lover I’m finally, somewhat , satisfied.

But let me back up and talk about the book as a whole. There were some things I liked and somethings I felt kind of disappointed in.
Let’s start with Mac, I was kind
Rachel Reads Ravenously
3 stars

I HAD SO MANY ISSUES WITH THIS BOOK

The Fever series (1-5) is one of my all time favorite urban fantasy series, it's darkly original and so compelling. I even LOVED Iced, Dani is my favorite character.

But then people had to go and whine about how annoying Dani was and blah blah blah and Moning caved to them, and then we got stuck with this disappointing hybrid of a spinoff series.

I just wish the last three books were Dani like it had originally intended to be. H
Olivia Ban
I am so disappointed by Feversong I wish I could un-read pretty much every Fever book after Shadowfever. And it's not because the book is bad (it isn't), but it is everything I hoped it wouldn't be.

(view spoiler) ...more
♛Tash
Dear book gods,

Please guide KMM's hand as she writes Feversong. May it have less balls and more story.

PS - nobody cares about the Unseelie King and concubine POV, please illuminate KMM that they'll be better off in an optional novella.

Yodamom
I can breath again, I was holding my breath for those last few chapters. The final days with these beloved characters was intense and very satisfying. I rolled through the whole emotional scale on this last ride, happy, sad, nervous, ugly crying, fear, stressed, doubt, anger and joy. I also suffered from insomnia, this book invaded my dreams, waking me several times a night with a flash on energy as my mind mulled over the last few pages. The book ended in a wonderful way fitting for these fabul ...more
Vilma Iris
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With Feversong, Karen Marie Moning dramatically drops the curtain on the Fever series. Bold and brilliantly layered, deeply emotive and all consuming, the story curves full circle as Mac and Dani try to save the world. Theirs has been a story of transformation, of finding the strength within to become who they’ve chosen to become, to wield the gifts they were given. No doubt fate has dealt them a bad hand, taken each to places dark and ugly. And in this final push, they must reach for the magic ...more
Fresiako
This is me right now:
description

Where the f*ck to start with this book?
description
I'm rating the book 3.5 stars overall.
The books POV was split between MacBook and Dani + some concubine chapters.
I really liked Part 1 when all the shit was going down but Part 2 was such a random change of pace. Like a cheesy hallmark movie basically happened in the second half lmao. Either way the book still came to a kinda
Jay
2 very disappointed stars

SPOILERS AHEAD (Also, it's more of an incoherent rant as opposed to being a mature, well written review. Sorry :p )

Honestly, nothing happened in Feversong. I mean, people were running around but all in all, I can't remember a single thing that happened between 30% and 80%. There were no fight scenes. The villains didn't feel threatening at all. No character development. No loose ends being tied up.

We did get a lot of inspirational inner musing from practically everyone though... About choosing tostars
SPOILERS
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
I'm sad it's over. Then again, I'd thought it over 5 books ago and we got it back.

A lot happened in this book. But there were errors/plot holes. One of the last ones was Mac saying late in the book that she wondered at how only 2 days before Jada had a meltdown. Yet they'd been in the silvers and out, and more time had passed than the 2 days even before they entered the silvers but after the meltdown.

Mac and Barron's have such an interesting relationship. They don't hug a
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 - 4.5 ★'s

From the moment I first started reading the Fever series, the only thing I wanted was for Mac and Barrons to be together and to be happy. And that was a struggle...we had to go through so much to get to this...the end of their story arc. There were a lot of crazy things that happened and then even crazier things. It was hard to keep it all sorted. To figure out what in the hell was really going on was just an absolute mind f*ck.

So, whether you love this series or you hate it, the bo

I've waited a long while to immerse myself back into Karen Marie Moning's Fever world. I was so excited, so much so that I began to fear I would be disappointed and it would be my own fault. No fear needed though, it was perfection! I remember feeling that the "song" and black hole elements were getting a bit redundant as the story progressed but there were so many other new and critically engaging elements that would follow so it didn't negatively impact my enjoyment AT ALL. This series finale brought stoma
♥Rachel♥
I was mostly happy with the way things turned out. Wish the last three books were Dani books as KMM had originally planned. That way Ryodan and Dani's story would've been more fleshed out instead of flip flopping between Mac, The Book, and Dani/Jada. Instead we got endless "Book" POV: "WE ARE DESIRE, LUST, GREED, AND THE PATH WE CHOOSE TO SUPREMACY." Who the heck cares? I certainly didn't. Gotta say I skimmed or put my audio on 2xs the normal speed just to get through.

Loved the last
Liz* Fashionably Late
Feversong is good enough.

That means it was heading to be a complete disaster but somehow it redeemed itself. That doesn’t mean it’s perfect. It's not even great. But I absolutely adore this series and because of Mac and Barrons-and even Dani-I'm saying it's good enough.

KMM made the right moves and I'm a sucker for HEAs.

“Strong enough that I was no longer afraid to be gentle. Powerful enough that I could be vulnerable. Scarred enough that I could understand and tread lightly around the deepest scars of others.”

Feversong is good enough.

KMM made the right moves and I'm a sucker for HEAs.

Mizuki
May 28, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Preview: I would be so happy if this book is about (view spoiler)

Actual review starts here:

Of course, KMM wouldn't give me what I want. I knew she wouldn't, yet I still failed to predict how dissatisfying this supposed last book of the series can get:

That's how I felt in the end:

*******majorclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
*******majorspoiler)]

Actual
Cogito_ergo_sum
Finished. Review to come...
-------------------------------
update: Jan 12, 2017
well, I just read the first 5 teaser chapters of Feversong available on KMM's website. Seriously, how am I going to wait five days for the conclusion! maybe I shouldn't have read them, lol. I've been doing a great job waiting patiently all year long.
=====================
Just finished Feverborn half an hour ago. I can't believe the massive cliffhanger I'm stuck with, again. Oh, wait. I should
Wait, so were Mac and Barrons... *spoiler question* 23 1377 Aug 29, 2018 05:13AM
Goodreads Librari...: add narrators to audiobook 3 10 May 04, 2018 08:30PM
Moning Maniacs: Question about the ending ***SPOILERS*** 8 339 Jun 05, 2017 05:11PM
Last chapter questions *spoilers* 5 238 Apr 20, 2017 02:32PM

• Fever Moon: The Fear Dorcha (Fever #5.5)
  • Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels, #10)
  • Magic Binds (Kate Daniels, #9)
  • White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1)
  • Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7)
  • Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)
  • Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)
  • Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)
  • Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2)
  • Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels, #8)
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • Wildfire (Hidden Legacy, #3)
  • Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1)
  • The Savior (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #17)
  • Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1)
  • Eleventh Grave in Moonlight (Charley Davidson, #11)
“The only other calling I ever felt was an irrepressible desire to be Captain of my own Starship. I was born in the wrong century and it wasn’t possible, so I chose to explore the universe by writing fiction instead. Books are doors to endless adventure.” -KMM

Karen Marie Moning is the #1 NYT bestselling author of the Fever Series and Highlander novels.

An alum of the Immacul

Fever (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Darkfever (Fever, #1)
  • Bloodfever (Fever, #2)
  • Faefever (Fever, #3)
  • Dreamfever (Fever, #4)
  • Shadowfever (Fever, #5)
  • Iced (Fever, #6)
  • Burned (Fever, #7)
  • Feverborn (Fever, #8)
  • High Voltage (Fever, #10)
  • Kingdom of Shadow and Light (Fever, #11)
“I'll never be her first.
But one day I'll be her last.”
38 likes
Sun, moon, and stars, I told him. He inclined his head. Of all the years, this one with you has been my finest. Fire to my ice, Mac. Frost to my flame, Jericho. Forever, we said, and it was a vow far more powerful and binding than any ring or piece of paper.” 38 likes