Start by marking “Duty or Desire” as Want to Read:
Duty or Desire

Duty or Desire

(The Westmoreland Legacy #5)

New York Times Bestselling Author

What happens when a man of unshakable conviction

meets the woman who rocks his world?

Pete Higgins is an honorary Westmoreland, a man of his word—of course he’ll put duty to his orphaned niece first. Too bad the temporary nanny is tempting him with every look. Myra Hollister captivates him. But she’s keeping dangerous secrets, the kind
Published December 3rd 2019 by Harlequin Desire (first published December 1st 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Duty or Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Duty or Desire

Start your review of Duty or Desire
Isha Coleman
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Duty or Desire (The Westmoreland Legacy) by: Brenda Jackson

From old friends to new acquaintances, the Westmorelands are ever growing. Brenda Jackson drives that point home with The Westmoreland Legacy series. Duty or Desire is the latest asset to this wonderful dynasty that Jackson has created. Pete is a friend of the family. Responsible, wealthy, a bit jaded, but all heart. Pete is struggling with heartbreaking life twists both in his past and present. The most recent tragedy has left him
Hazel
Dec 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
it was cute - short and sweet. i would have preferred a longer, more dramatic love story just to be more interesting but this was okay too
Alice
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why choose when you can embrace both duty and desire?

Denver's very handsome, very single Sheriff has his equilibrium rocked twice in the space of five months! First he assumed custody of his deceased brother and sister-in-law's infant child. Fast forward five months and a beautiful young woman jump starts his heart that has been frozen over for at least twelve years when she applies for the job of Nanny! Sheriff Peterson Higgins or as his friends call him Pete is enamored with Myra from the
bjneary
Thank you to NetGalley and Harlequin Romance (U.S. & Canada) and HQN for the advance reader copy, Duty or Desire by exciting romance author, Brenda Jackson, in exchange for an honest review. I enjoyed this 5th book in the Westmoreland Legacy series (I have read 1 other in the series and boy do I love those Westmoreland men!). I fell in love with Sheriff Pete Higgins, an honorary Westmoreland, as he struggles with his scruples. He is honest, upright, but still grieving over his dead fiancée, ...more
Tina Jackson
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Duty, desire, secrets, passion, and love

This story has all of the above. Another well told story from the amazing Brenda Jackson. Myra and Peterson's story reminded me of the tv show The Nanny, and I loved that show. Hhired to take care of the sheriff's young niece the attraction between the two was immediate and they both fought it as long as the could. Even though he was only mentioned and didn't have an actual presence in the book I liked Wallace as Myra's protector and surrogate big brother.
Sassha Martin
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Protective Love

I think that Miss Bonnie knew that Pete would be attracted to Myra when she suggested that he hire her because she wanted him to open his heart up to love again and to live instead of just existing. I knew Pete and Myra were going to fall in love because they felt things for each other that that hadn't never felt with anyone else. I'm glad that Pete found out about the plans that Baron, Charlene and several of Baron’s friends had schemed up against Myra and used the necessary
Denise Walsh
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very good romance story and I would and will recommend this book by Brenda Jackson. I will definitely watch for books in this Westmoreland Legacy series. Since there are 5 books already in this series I need to find them all to catch up.
The relationship that develops with Pete and Myra is pleasing to read as well as both of their interactions with Pete’s niece who he now has custody of.
Helen Williams
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pete Higgins is an honorary Westmoreland who takes over custody of his orphaned niece. He needs to hire a temporary nanny and finds himself tempted by a much younger Myra Hollister. They both assure each other that they have nothing to worry about -- since both say that they are not each other's type. But time will prove them wrong. But will keeping dangerous secrets jeopardize newly established feelings?
Rowena Winfrey
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Duty of Desire

Duty or Desire brings Peterson Higgins, friend of the Westmorelands, onto center stage. left with his orphaned niece Ciara, Pete is in need of a temporary nanny when his nanny Bonnie's sister becomes ill. The beautiful Myra is hired for the job, and not only takes excellent care of Ciara, but captures Pete 's heart as well! Want to know how? Read the book!!! Another excellent Brenda Jackson creation!
CaroMommie
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so good . It’s a step up from her last few Westmoreland adjacent books, and I’m thrilled for that.

Pete and Myra got all the angst going on that sets up the drama sizzle and hea . The supporting characters as always were a plus to the story.

I enjoyed this book and think you will as well.
Michelle Lindo-Rice
Pete is an officer of the law who is determined never to fall in love again. Myra is a nanny-whisperer who needs a temporary place to stay. She moves into Pete's home to care for his niece but gains so much more. Pete and Myra's relationship developed over time where they each had to shed issues from the past to hold onto love. I found Book #5 a good read. Thank you, Netgalley.
Debra Walton
Dec 03, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not one of her best books

I've been reading Brenda Jackson's westmoreland series books for some time now and I started reading her westmoreland legacy books they were ok but this one I did not like at all her characters are starting to become interchangeable to me thus the one star.
Sabrina Hamilton
A Sweet Love Story

Pete and Myra’s attraction was there from the start. I liked how their relationship was slowly built and their love for one another grew. The updates on the Westmoreland family was awesome. Kudos to Mrs. Jackson on another best seller.
Lasonde
Desire and Duty

I throughly enjoyed reading about Pete and Myra. They both have reservations about giving unto their attraction to one another. Will either let go of their reservation and allow love to take over?
Turtleberry
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book. Pete and Myra had an instant attraction that made me smile. I enjoyed watching the both of them try to avoid it. The ending was good. A nice little bit extra to the plot.
Tijuana
This novel

Brenda Jackson goes and does it again with yet another fantastic read. I love all of her work and I never get enough!
Denise Cobbs
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful love story!

I loved this story. Love reconnecting with the Westmoreland family. Job well done Brenda Jackson. I hate the story ended.
Brenda Hillmon
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love Brenda Jackson books but this one seems to have been a rush job. The end had several large holes in the story line to me.But I did love the story.
Shelley Byrd
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She makes you part of the story. I love romance with a little twisted drama and suspense . Fun read!
Barbara Williams
Love it wziting on the next one Ms.Brenda really put her foot in this one
SassyMama
A decent read...but VERY predictable...Gladys Pete and Myra worked it all out!
Martha
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am not really good at writing reviews.
All I can say was that I loved this book
Lottie Avery
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

Always love the Westmoreland s cannot wait for next one.I cannot wait for Steelers next book go reading for spring and summer
Harlequin Books
Categories
African American Romance, Western Romance, Holiday Romance, Contemporary Romance
Miniseries
The Westmoreland Legacy
Brenda Hillmon
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Brenda Jackson book. But this one has to many gaps at the end of their story, this seem like a rush job.
Michelle Johnston
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good read
Laura Knutson
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I need a sheriff

Pete and Myra story was well the wait. I loved how Pete stood up and took his niece in and gave her the best he could
Michelle
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this one!
Arnissa
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good but....

The was a good story, however I wanted a bit more excitement with Myra and her brothers plot. Overall, the book was good and melted me engaged from the beginning.
Jackie Brown
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Duty called love!

Brenda keeps you captivated from start to finish! Updated on our favorite Westmorelands as well!! Such a touching story that had a HEA
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Deeper Than Love (Brooks Family Book 6)
  • Escort (Lunch Break Series Book 2)
  • The Bridal Suite (The Innkeepers, #4)
  • Soul's Desire (Unparalleled Love Series)
  • Heart's Desire (Unparalleled Love Series)
  • Everlasting Desire (Unparalleled Love Series)
  • Plus One: An Equilibrium Short
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • Jinx (Neighbors to Lovers Book 2)
  • Reunited by the Badge
  • Red Carpet Redemption
  • Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1)
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Getaway
  • Christmas Flirt (Jingle Belles, #1)
  • Christmas in Whitehorn (Montana Mavericks)
  • Snowy Christmas (Paw Prints on Your Heart, #3)
  • Wolf Rebel (SWAT, #10)
  • Born to Be a Cowboy (Montana Strong, #3)
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American

The Westmoreland Legacy (5 books)
  • The Rancher Returns
  • His Secret Son (The Westmoreland Legacy)
  • An Honorable Seduction (The Westmoreland Legacy)
  • His to Claim (The Westmoreland Legacy)