Start by marking “Smitten by Magic (Magic & Mayhem Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Smitten by Magic (Magic & Mayhem Book 3)

Smitten by Magic

(Magic & Mayhem #3)

Enjoy a heartwarming romantic comedy from a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author:

Former corporate shark Javier Rodriguez plans to redirect his money and attention toward family and good works. Unfortunately, his attempts to make things better meet with one disaster after another. His plans disintegrate further when he runs into a sexy tourist with... wings?

A
Published July 26th 2019 by WebMotion (first published November 20th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Smitten by Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smitten by Magic

♡Karlyn P♡
3.5 stars. Cute story! This was a fun, sexy, magical holiday novella about a guardian angel, Sarah, falling for her human Jack Morgan.

Jack shed his corporate cutthroat life of greed and power, and is now focused on spending his time and fortune to help make the world a better place. His latest adventure is to help a poor village in Bolivia, but his trip from Los Angeles to South America is riddled with strange obstacles.

Sarah has been watching over humans for over a millennium, but Jack may be
willaful
Nov 24, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Christmas novellas
This is pretty much exactly what you'd expect from the blurb: a cute, sentimental Christmas novella, though perhaps a tad spicier than you'd normally expect when you have a heroine who's an guardian angel. Angels don't seem to be specifically religious in this world though, but part of a large, painfully bureaucratic organization of all kinds of mythical beings. (Nether-Netherland.)

The world-building seems more for giggles than anything else, and I found it a little icky that Sarah (last name P
Claire Robinson
3 Stars.

This is my second seasonal offering from Erica Ridley, Let It Snow being the first, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Midwinter magic is completely different in that it is fully based in present day, and there are no frozen cursed castles or Princesses in it!

I have to say I am a sucker for angels, in whatever shape or form, good bad, fallen or guardian, I generally enjoy anything I read that has one (or more) in it. This book is certainly a box ticker in that it contains all of the necessary i
Janet
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
As Javi’s guardian angel, Sarah Phimm has her work cut out for her. When his latest charitable scheme risks his life, she's forced to reveal her existence.
Another well written page turning book. The story flowed well &
AnnMarie
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Smitten by Magic is the third and final book in the Magic & Mayhem series by Erica Ridley.

Javier Rodriguez was a corporate businessman until he made a huge amount of money at the expense of other people. Rather than be thrilled like his colleagues at a legal loophole that allowed them to get that money and keep it, he is horrified. Jaded at what he has become, Javier decides to make good use of the money by helping people in need with it. His current quest is to help a poor village in Boliv
Lori D
An adventure featuring a guardian angel, Sarah, having watched over Javier all his life is desperate to keep him safe. When Jack goes to Bolivia to help the less fortunate, Sarah has to come to earth and help him so he will come to no harm.
Such a magical story that will take you to another land with these two who find that and angel and a human can definitely work together and as they do, they find a strong attraction. But can she stay with Jack? Just as the other two stories in this series, I l
Dianne
Can forbidden love conquer all, including the angel council and its unions? Midwinter Magic by Erica Ridley is a tale of a corporate big shot Jack Morgan, who was forced to re-evaluate his life, his money and the path he had chosen. Along for the ride his entire life, secretly watching over him was his guardian angel, Sarah Phimm, a perky and quirky angel who takes her job seriously, so when Jack becomes a beacon of good will and charity, undertaking humanitarian work in Bolivia, Sarah has her w ...more
Isa Lavinia

I received a copy of this book from Intrepid Reads through Netgalley

Sarah Phimm is a guardian angel with a very difficult assignment: to guard Jack Morgan.

Ever since he discovered his life as a corporate shark had made him the indirect source of a lot of misery, Jack is determined to right every wrong he can for as long as he lives. So he marches into third-world countries distributing medicine, building schools, repairing houses, and generally placing himself in mortal danger at least 5 time
Julie
Dec 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Midwinter Magic by Erica Ridley originally appeared in the holiday novella collection Tis the Season. You may now purchase this book as a stand alone in the Amazon kindle store.
I was provided a copy of this book from the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Midwinter Magic by Erica Ridley is a fantasy novella.

Jack Morgan was once on the Fortune 500 list. But, those days are long gone. Now he is more or less a wanderer. At the moment he is in Bolivia. Instead of limos and pri
Cyliena
Smitten by Magic
Sarah Phimm is Javier’s guardian angel. She’s been there since the day he was born, and he was blissfully unaware of it—until now. Forced to reveal herself, Sarah struggles to do her job by keeping Javier alive as he battles his conscious by performing risky good deed after risky good deed. The setting lost me mid-story though: where did that hardware store come from in the middle of nowhere? Why did Javier have cell phone service? Little details like that detracted from the be
Peggy
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
Javier Rodriguez, formerly ruthless businessman, is determined to make up for his wicked past by helping others, starting with a village in Bolivia. Things are not working out as he planned. His trip from Malibu to Santita has been miserable. At each juncture, another obstacle – delayed flights, diverted flights, broken (destroyed) luggage, and the list goes on. Sarah Phimm is a guardian angel, his guardian angel. It is her responsibility to keep him safe. She doesn’t just take her job seriously ...more
Brigitte
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was smitten with this charming and magical tale.

Javier is a business mogul. Instead of spending his time running a successful business, he is determined to give up the life that he knows and put all his efforts into helping others.

Sarah is a Guardian Angel who follows the rules. She loves her job, but has secretly pined for Javier. Revealing herself would be against the rules. Whilst planning one of his benevolent undertaking, Javier is hit by several inconvenient and disastrous setbacks. He c
Bernadette
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun story about being an angel. Whether you are a guardian angel, or a mortal angel, you are important.
Both main characters are angels in their own way and both have had their eyes opened to their own imperfections.
Javier has been a corporate giant, riding on the lives of others and now he is trying to change that. He is spending his time helping those he has previously ignored. Sarah is supposed to help keep him safe and stay invisible, but she breaks the guardian angel rules and f
Elodie
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in this revised series by Erica Ridley, each with a different setting and different protagonists from the Nether-Netherland universe.
Javier after a huge epiphany, has decided his way of life has to change. He since, tries to redeem himself for what he thinks is his unforgivable faults. By doing it, he endangers his own life and his guardian angel can’t accept it.
Sarah has spent her whole existence taking care of one charge after another. And Javi is one hell of an assignme
wonderfullyweird88
This book is set in the same universe as the second in the series Nether-Netherland and features some of the same secondary characters, but it can be read as a standalone.

Sarah has been Javi's guardian since the day he was born. With him for every moment of his life.  A lapse in concentration allows Javi to discover Sarah's existence. to keep him safe, she is forced to help him as he risks his life to bring Christmas to an impoverished village.

Of the three books in the series, this is the book I
Kaye
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ONE WONDERFUL DELIGHT!!!
Roughing it! Erica spins another refreshing storyline and exciting plot with a multitude of twists that keep you on your toes. This baby hooks you from the start and reels you in for the duration. Dealing with the trials and tribulations struggling with all the drama and suspense that hurls this baby to life fluidly. A swirling throng of vexing contingents and a bevy of surprising events launch those swirling emotions bursting into play. Throw in a little intrigue and mys
Melindeeloo
Guardian Angel Sarah has just one job, keep Javier safe until he's 70. But the new leaf that has Javier jaunting off to the most dangerous and impoverished of places is making Sarah's job hard. And it is even harder when the normally invisible Sarah slips and lets Javier see her and finally get a chance to actually interact with the man she admires.

I thought that this was cute. Javier is working off a debt of conscience by trying to make as many lives better as he can to make up for years of co
Emma
Jul 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
A charming short story of a guardian angel Sarah and her charge Javier. The story lightly covers his life as a corporate raider and now with a reformed conscious he wants to do good for others. Sarah's objective is to keep him alive at all costs till it is his time to go. He went to Bolivia for sentimental reasons providing supplies where needed. On his way to a remote village he accidentally met his guardian angel Sarah. She did not reveal herself as an angel just a fellow traveler. They worked ...more
The Mysterious Reader
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just completed a binge-fest of Erica Ridley’s Magic & Mayhem books, reading Must Love Magic (Book 2) and Smitten by Magic (Book 3) in one (long) sitting. I couldn’t help it. The books were just too addictive and I felt compelled to just read “one more page” until many hours later I finally ran out of pages. Different couples in each book bit the magical connection is as strong as the truly excellent romantic tie in each. They’re skid, quite frankly, tremendously fun. Well-written and fille ...more
Birgit
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a lovely story! Jack, former CEO with no regards of the repercussions of his actions, turns completely around and tries to do good with his money by bringing holiday cheer to children in Bolivia, in the most remote areas. Sarah, his guardian angel, is desperately trying at the same time to keep him out of harm's way. When an accident forces her to become visible to him, sparks begin to fly between them.
A very different approach on guardian angels and their - erm- organisation and rules, and
Diane
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished, arc
I'm not usually a fan of this genre but Errica Ridley has me hooked on this series. In this third book Smitten by Magic a Guardian Angel is accidentally seen my her charge and after interacting together to help a small town in Bolivia they begin to fall in love.
While she might be HIS guardian Angel, he shows himself to be a human guardian angel to the residents of the village. As Christmas draws near he not only works to shore up the housing he plans to make sure everyone in the village has a go
Nancy Ku
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Smitten by Magic (Magic & Mayhem Book 3) by Erica Ridley ... I think this was my favorite of the three MAGIC & MAYHEM books. Thanks to Erica Ridley for letting me preview this book. Javier Rodriguez (reformed corporate shark who wants to repair some wrongs) Sara Phimm (guardian angel who has her hands full trying to keep him safe) This story has laughs, tears, angst, warm feelings, view of hardships around the world and some steam all getting us to a very HEA.

Reasons I enjoyed this book:
Kristen Lewendon
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
His time as an unfeeling CEO has left Javi with a need to right his perceived wrongs. As his guardian angel, Sarah has been tasked with saving him from himself. Both Sarah and Javier are on journeys of self-discovery. Javier is on his intentionally, but Sarah stumbles into hers completely by accident, thanks to Javier. This quick read was a wildly careening emotional roller-coaster ride for me; from laughter to tears and back again. I loved this opportunity to celebrate a little bit of Christmas ...more
Pontiki
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Javier is a business mogul gone do gooder. He wants to make reparations for all the devastation his business decisions have cost others. So, he returns to his home land of Bolivia and works tirelessly to help people.

Unbeknownst to him, Sarah, his guardian angel, has tried to prevent him from going to Bolivia to protect him. She’s trying to keep him alive to age 70, so he can do all he’s supposed to.

By accident, they meet, she helps him, both miraculously and humanly, and they fall in love. She
Luz Trevino
Cute story of a guardian angel, Sarah, who protected her human, Javier, at all costs. She was a determined angel and knew what her task was. Unfortunately for Javier that meant that his wish of helping those in need in Bolivia took him extra steps to accomplish.
This was going to be more of a 3 star book, but the ending was really sweet and ended in a rather unique way where we find our hero with a new profession. True love rules!

Thank you to the publisher/author for providing the ARC through Ne
Corinne
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
How many romance books take place in a South American rainforest? Javier is having heavy-duty Murphy's Law experiences as he tries to get from California to a tiny South American village. I loved how his guardian angel's fashion sense adjusted to his life experiences.
Quite an original story with a very unexpected turn toward the end that had me thinking "What? Really?"
I received an advance copy and voluntarily post this review.
CATHERINE BURHANS
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
CATHERINE BURHANS
True Love Prevails
July 31, 2019
Format: Kindle Edition
Another very enjoyable read from Olivia Bennett, with strong and interesting characters. I love a strong heroine and an equally strong hero, not afraid to stand up for her. Cecilia and Nicholas are smitten with one another in spit of their class differences and his mother, the Duchess, determination to keep them apart. True love will always find a way
Thank you for your review.
Kety
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the "Magic & Mayhem" series. Each book is set up within the Nether-Netherland universe.
Javier tries to redeem himself for what he thinks is his unforgivable faults. But in this way he endangers his own life and he meets his guardian angel, Sarah.
A strange couple, a difficult assignments... troubles and love...
Surprises for all!
Vi
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-reviews
Delightful romantic fantasy! Driven but not jaded, Javier is distraught that he caused harm to others, to build his fortune. He's just as resolved to rectify his mistakes. Sarah, his guardian angel, is just as determined to keep him safe! Whimsical, entertaining read. 3 1/2 stars.
Voluntarily read ARC for honest review.
Monika P.
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another cute love story with magic & mayhem. I started reading the book and couldn't stop until I reached the end. And what an end it was! Shortly before it was over I cried some ugly tears because the story wasn't going the way I wanted it to go. But then ... the ending was brilliant!. Heart-warming! And perfect! So glad it didn't go my way. Erica's ending is so much better! Thank you!!!
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Fireside Inn (The Billionaire Bachelors #1)
  • Hearts of Fire (Deadglass, #0.5)
  • Naughty and Nice: A Holiday Romance Collection
  • Quicksilver Dreams (Dreamwalkers, #1)
  • Seducing Santa
  • Hear No (Hidden Evil Trilogy, #1)
  • Chaos Bound (Chronicles from the Applecross #2)
  • Love's Paradox (Paradoxical World #1)
  • Save Me, Santa
  • His Private Fix (Love at the Beach Book 1)
  • With This Christmas Ring (Studies in Scandal, #2.5; Lords of Anarchy, #3.5)
  • Mistletoe, Marriage, and Mayhem: A Bluestocking Belles Collection
  • Darkness Betrayed (Torn #2)
  • Entangled (His to Possess, #5)
  • The Christmas Stranger
  • Draconus
  • The Christmas Mansion
  • Santa Wore Leathers (Wild Heat, #0.5)
Get freebies and 99¢ deals at: http://ridley.vip

Erica Ridley is a New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of historical romance novels.

In the new 12 Dukes of Christmas series, enjoy witty, heartwarming Regency romps nestled in a picturesque snow-covered village. After all, nothing heats up a winter night quite like finding oneself in the arms of a duke!

Her two most popular series, the Duk

Magic & Mayhem (3 books)
  • Kissed by Magic (Mayhem & Magic #1)
  • Charmed