Start by marking “The Night Weaver” as Want to Read:
The Night Weaver

The Night Weaver

(Harrowsgate #1)

“Stephen King’s It meets Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight ... in a frightening story of horror and fantasy woven together to create a delectable tale of the macabre … romance and action. Snyman’s storytelling will have people lining up for the next book.” - School Library Journal

SHADOW GROVE IS A PERFECTLY PLEASANT TOWN ...

Shadow Grove isn't a typical town. Bad things happen he
Published October 15th 2019 by Vesuvian Books (first published June 19th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The Night Weaver, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Night Weaver

Start your review of The Night Weaver
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Great start to series

Fantastical story full of darkness, danger, mystery and lore and all the good, the bad, and the ugly when it comes to the fae. I had so much fun reading this!
Brooke
Sep 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shadow Grove isn’t a typical town… bad things happen here. Children are disappearing, but no one seems to notice. Parents don’t grieve, there are no ‘missing’ posters, and the local authorities seem unconcerned. But 17 year-old Rachel Cleary notices. Living on the outskirts of a creepy forest that everyone pretends doesn’t exist, Rachel knows she must take matters into her own hands if she’s to save her hometown.

This book did not work for me. At all. I came so close to putting it down after jus
The Nerd Daily
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by Seven Jane

Simultaneously refreshing and deeply unsettling, The Night Weaver weaves together small-town horror with an intricate otherworldly fairytale to deliver a blend of horror and fantasy that captures the essence of young adult terror seasoned with the stuff of grown-up nightmares.

Stacy Fetters
Jul 24, 2020 rated it liked it
"The best regrets are often worth it."

I was a little hesitant to read this since it was compared to a sparkly vampire novel,but I pushed those thoughts aside to try this out. It had a solid storyline and kept me entertained. It was a pretty decent book even though it wasn’t as horror filled as I had hoped.
Permanently_Booked
Shadow Grove has children disappearing and none of the adults are doing anything about it. Even the local Sheriff is concocting outrageous reasons for not investigating these occurrences and Rachel Cleary has had enough. With the help of her neighbor, Mrs. Crenshaw, Dougal, her grandson, and a few other unique characters, they decide to figure out what shadow is descending on their little town.

I definitely enjoyed this novel but there were just a few drawbacks that affected my rating. As the pl
Intellectual Magpie
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of THE NIGHT WEAVER in exchange for an honest review and I overall have it 4/5 stars ⭐️...
Upon finishing this magical fictional story which starts like a murder mystery and ends like a ghost story I am so anxious to get the second(I was very happy to find out a second book is coming!)

The Fae world built within this story is one that captures my attention. I enjoyed and immediately understood the world created around them. I enjoyed the dark history of the town thrown within th
Erin Gossman
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-love
I expected to like this book, I did not expect it to end with me saying oh please tell me there’s going to be a sequel. I really enjoyed this book, the only way I can think to describe the vibe I felt, is in reference to the movie The Village, it was released when I was young enough to still be terrified by suspense movies. I love Rachel’s voice in this book and the connection she has with Nancy and her grandson. I love the Scottish dialect she throws in and the queer phrases that many people ar ...more
Alexandrea Weis
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The voice of this dark, chilling tale was so unique it added to the depth of the experience and left me wanting more. Wit, humor, and a touch of sarcasm had me laughing out loud. The colorful characters and spine-tingling suspense kept me reading on, wanting to find out what happens next. An amazing story that will captivate any reader. A powerful read!
Michelle Kenneth - PerfectionistWannabe.com
A very intriguing read. This is the first in a series of YA books from Monique Snyman.

What starts off as an abduction of children in a small town called Shadow Grove turns into something more sinister and otherworldly. Mothers start acting strangely, darkness starts to descend upon the town, and it is left to a handful of teens to save the day, mainly Rachel Cleary.

The Night Weaver is loose in the human realm and she is gaining power over this small town.

THOUGHTS: I really enjoyed this tale. I
Kate
Oct 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: age-ya, fantasy, arcs, 2019
When no one in town reacts to the disappearances of several children, Rachel Cleary takes it upon herself to investigate. With the help of her neighbor Mrs. Crenshaw, Mrs. Crenshaw's imported nephew Dougal, and her old friend Greg, Rachel scours her father's old journals for clues as to what might be hunting children in Shadow Grove. Turns out the forest is a gateway to the faerie lands, and something has gotten through.

While this was an entertaining story, I felt a bit like I had started readi
Siobhan
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What an insanely fantastic book!

I've always enjoyed Monique's writing and her previous work (Muti Nation) is still one of my favourites.
This is, however new for Monique and absolutely incredible.

The story is gripping, dark and a definite read at every open gap you can find! The chapters are a little longer than I'm used to and I admit, most of the time I was on the edge of my seat, excited to read what's next.

I love that Monique doesn't have this airy fairy prettiness to her writing. It's
Melissa
I received this ARC for free to read and review.
I had a hard time getting into this book. The writing for Dougal was hard to get through. I understand she is portraying an accent, but it made me want to stop reading.
Then I got to the chapters that were mostly Orion and Rachel and I really liked those.
The storyline is really good and the ending was perfect. I do want to read the next one in the series, I am just hoping for a lot less speaking parts for Dougal.
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)

Also Posted on For The Love of Fictional Worlds

Disclaimer: An eARC was provided via Good Choice Reading and the Author as part of the Blog Tour. The Thoughts, opinions & feelings expressed in the review are therefore, my own.

I picked up The Night Weaver on a late night when I couldn’t sleep and the cover on my kindle caught my eye – turns out after completing the book, I couldn’t sleep for the next few days as well :D

Kids in Shadow Grove are going missing –
being lead away into the fore
Lindy Ryan
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it

Children in Shadow Grove are going missing—spirited away into the forest by an unknown presence as if lured into the darkness by the Pied Piper himself. But that’s not the worst part. Nobody is looking for them—in fact, nob
gwendalyn _books_
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was received from the Author, in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own

The Night Weaver is the first installment in Monique Snyman, Harrowsgate Series.

Every once in a while you come across an author that you know by reading their writing for the very first time. that you will be buying anything they write in the future. Monique Snyman, writing is suspenseful and gripping, that made for a nonstop read for me.

Rachel Cleary is t
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

The Night Weaver was way out of what I normally read, and I couldn’t put it down. The author takes you on a journey right along with Rachel and Dougal with the way she describes what is going on around them. I’m usually one to shy away from books with over descriptive text but when Rachel plunged her hand into that cocoon like tree I felt just as gross as she felt. So, buckle up and plan to dedicate some time to this book. I think it’s perfect for the reader who likes the gritty si
Stephanie Ward
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, for-review, owned
'The Night Weaver' is one of those rare books that leave me asking "What the heck did I just read?" Don't get me wrong - I don't mean that in a bad way at all. There was just a lot happening at once and none of it made sense - it was basically a warped mystery set in a horrific fantasy setting. I really love anything that's weird or not conventional, and this book definitely hit those marks. I can't really go into the plot too much without giving anything away and I honestly have no idea what I' ...more
Linda McCutcheon
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Night Weaver is the best of both worlds for fans of horror and fantasy novels as well. It is based on an old English folklore that I know nothing about and that is one of the things i loved about reading this book. I had no clue where the story was taking me but I loved getting there along with the heroes of this story.

Rachel Cleary's family has lived between the outskirts of Shadow Grove and the perimeter of a dark spooky forest for generations. Rachel learns that her family and her neighbo
Stephanie
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blurb:
‘SHADOW GROVE IS A PERFECTLY PLEASANT TOWN ...
Shadow Grove isn't a typical town. Bad things happen here. Children disappear, one after the other, and nobody is doing anything about it. Parents don't grieve, missing posters don't line the streets, and the sheriff seems unconcerned.
Seventeen-year-old Rachel Cleary lives on the outskirts of Shadow Grove, next to the creepy forest everyone pretends doesn't exist. Usually the forest is filled with an eerie calm, an unmistakable graveyard solemn
BookTrib.com
Many authors would cringe if they were described as “a confusing bedlam of glitter and death….trying to sort out the mess within her head.”

Not Monique Snyman. In fact, that’s how she describes herself.

Take the key thread in her latest work, The Night Weaver (Vesuvian Books): that children in a small town keep disappearing. That’s an interesting storyline in its own right. It’s quite another when nobody, including the town sheriff, seems to care.

Snyman concocts a unique blend of horror, fantasy a
Joanne
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-ebook
This book is a mixture of dark fantasy, horror, mystery and faeries in it.

I really enjoy this book...it started out with a mystery and scary parts to the stories and then it went into the fae realm which brought together on solving the mystery of how, why and what was taking the children. The plot is intriguing and the writing flows nicely. The characters were well developed and are easily connected to.
Lyubomira Nikolova
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
DNF 60 pages in

It's is so so rear that I ever DNF a book but I just couldn't continue torturing myself and to be honest, I'm amazed it has such good reviews. Maybe it's just me but this doesn't reserve so many stars.

Let me just quickly point out the reasons I stopped reading this:

* The book is written in present tense, which might not be a problem for a lot of people but for me it felt wrong while reading. From the first chapter something didn't feel right and it took me awhile to realise it
Tiah
~When I struggle to understand the present, I tend to study the past. I try to piece things together by shifting through the chaos.~

~Well, it won't be a worthy adventure if there isn't some danger.~

~In some cases, family is an overrated concept.~

~She's just been so obsessed with the symptoms, she hasn't diagnosed the cause.~

~What's the point of talking to people, of forging friendships and cultivating relationships, when everyone's always keeping secrets?~

~Death isn't a clean affair, and sorrow
Nadine Maritz
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been searching high and low to get a writer that could intrigue me with writing as witty and crafty as Cassandra Clare, and low and behold I found one - locally.

HOLY HELL what a read.

For more on my review pls go to: http://ow.ly/wbre30mvNgj
Paolo Di Orazio
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Monique is a real master. The story is great as well as all of the characters and the location, too. This novel makes you feel inside the happenings (that I will not spoil), in the depths of the destiny. The kind of book that you want to read a sequel!
Zenobia
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read the previous version, but I'm in love with this new cover.
Movies, Shows,
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Actually 4 1/2 stars

Note: This review contains SPOILERS

The Night Weaver , nominated for a Bram Stoker Award and rightfully so, Monique Snyman writes an action, mystery, and horror that got me intrigued within the first three chapters. The Night Weaver revolves around Rachel Cleary, a seventeen-year-old girl with a family history intertwined with the supernatural. She is witty, stubborn, caring, and adventurous. Despite these qualities, she has lived quite a normal, peaceful life where she st
Nay Denise
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a shockingly good read for me. This was solid story steeped in some dark history. I went into this expecting a boogeyman story, but got hit with faes. I LOVED it! This was dark and comical. The writing was pretty good and the flow of the story was good.

Rachel is a girl intrigued by the forest and worried about the missing children in Shadow Grove. Children go missing, but adults don't seem to care. She knows it has to do with the forest, so she works hard to figure out the mystery. I ad
Kylie
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hidden-gems
Rachel Cleary is a seventeen-year-old who lives just outside of the town of Shadow Grove. Her closest friend is her Mrs. Crenshaw, her elderly neighbor who has babysat Rachel her whole life. Next to Rachel and Mrs. Crenshaw's house is a creepy forest with a ACCESS PROHIBITED sign in front of it that the town pretends doesn't exist. Children from the town are disappearing, parents aren't grieving, no missing posters are listed, the sheriff isn't searching for them, and several mothers are acting ...more
NanaShauna Joesten
This is a great read. Rachel lives on the out skirts of Shadow Grove. Where the town just isn't normal. She investigates in her own way. Its up to her to discover what is happening with people going missing. I really enjoyed this read. It was like putting a puzzle together for me. A great storyline. The Author brought the characters out great. I definitely recommend this read.
Shauna Joesten

• Speak No Evil
  • Shadow Frost (Shadow Frost, #1)
  • Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)
  • Lobizona (Wolves of No World, #1)
  • The Tenth Girl
  • The Seventh Sun (The Age of the Seventh Sun, #1)
  • Rogue Princess
  • Tigers, Not Daughters
  • Bent Heavens
  • Blood Countess (Lady Slayers #1)
  • Disenchanted (Disenchanted, #1)
  • Malice
  • The Deep
  • Here There Are Monsters
  • The Good Luck Girls (The Good Luck Girls, #1)
  • Witches of Ash and Ruin
  • Ripple
  • If Birds Fly Back
Monique Snyman’s mind is a confusing bedlam of glitter and death, where candy-coated gore is found in abundance and homicidal unicorns thrive. Sorting out the mess in her head is particularly irksome before she’s ingested a specific amount of coffee, which is equal to half the recommended intake of water for humans per day. When she’s not playing referee to her imaginary friends or trying to overd ...more

Harrowsgate (2 books)
  • The Bone Carver (Harrowsgate Book 2)