Start by marking “Leave Me Breathless: A Second Chance Romance (Arizona Heat, #4)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Leave Me Breathless: A...

Katie Douglas

Leave Me Breathless: A Second Chance Romance

(Arizona Heat #4)

"I can’t be near him. We were a disaster."

"I still want her. She leaves me breathless."

Dylan:

Two years ago, Jake and I ended things. Badly.

For my own sanity, I have to avoid him. Now, he doesn’t want anything to do with me and the feeling is mutual.

But a sick horse throws us back together, and when I’m around him, it’s difficult to be professional. Especially when all I
Published June 7th 2019 by Katie Douglas

To ask other readers questions about Leave Me Breathless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leave Me Breathless

Sofia Lazaridou
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Leave me breathless is the fourth book in the Arizona Heat series and probably my favorite, which is weird considering that I am not a big fan of second chance romances. For once I felt like the characters had a solid reason for breaking up and it was not just a plot device. In the beginning, it might seem harsh, but as you keep reading you can understand why Dylan run away. I loved that both of them were celibate for the past two years and it made more believable their reunion. I was so happy a ...more
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 Stars!

Katie Douglas is back with the fourth standalone in the Arizona Heat series and finally we get Jake's long awaited story. And just like the others this steamy, suspenseful series, this book was really, really good... unputdownable and did not disappoint for one single moment.

Leave Me Breathless is Dylan and Jake's second chance romance and what a journey this was. Two years ago Dylan ran out of Jake's life in a big way and now she's back... and this time they get a second chance to get i
Ellen Shannon
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited to read Jake's book. I loved this story. I always enjoy reading second chance love stories. I have loved this series since the beginning and am happy that they all finally get their happy endings.

Jake and Dylan share a history. They try to stay away from each other but their jobs has brought them together again. Dylan has some bad things that have happened to her in the past. She tried to shove it down but these feelings sometimes have a way of coming back. When she needs help,
Marika
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dylan and Jake were a couple until Dylan ran..but now they have to deal with each others, after 2 years, and the feelings are still there...only problem is that pesky someone that changed the course of Dylan's life and now threatens to end it.
I loved all the stories in the series, but this one I adored..might be the horses, or how prickly Dylan is..no clue..oh and Jake also is such an amazing man!
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book and was honored to have been able to read and review. It was such a phenomenal read and had amazing characters as well as an amazing story line. I just could not get enough of it and once I started reading it I could not put it down. I recommend that you read it.

"I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book."
Jessica
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Leave Me Breathless is the fourth book in the Arizona Heat series. Dylan and Jake used to be an item two years ago, but it ended abruptly and horribly. Now Dylan has been called to Jake’s ranch and while she still feels the pull, there’s too much negativity between them. After she tries to explain her actions, Dylan is attacked and her horse stolen. Jake is the only person she feels safe with, but will they be able to work out their relationship issues, build trust, and find the horse thief befo ...more
Books Laid Bare
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jake Royston still hasn’t recovered from his past with Dylan Pines and in particular the way she left, but now that they are back in each other’s lives, there has to be a level of conciliation somewhere along the line but just how far that might go is up for debate.
Dylan never wanted to leave, especially leaving Jake because she knows that he is the only guy that she has ever felt anything for, but now she has yet another decision to make and it is far from easy to determine which way things are
Kara (Rotella Reads)
May 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs

I really liked Dylan, the heroine in this read and was so happy to see Jake “The Horse Guy” find his happiness!

This short read was full of suspense, drama, uncertainty, secrets and pain. Two years ago Dylan and Jake were happy and then something broke between them and they’d both been miserable and alone ever since. That changed when Dylan comes face to face with Jake after all this time and the pair are forced to confront their past mistakes.

I love the protective, loyal, hard working a
Jacky
Jun 15, 2019 rated it liked it
A second chance romance between Jake and Dylan. Dylan had a couple of major secrets she was keeping from Jake which would have explained (1). Why their relationship ended like it did, and (2). Why she was no longer a vet.

There was an element of mystery, and danger. The suspense was negligible. I had thought Dylan's reason for not being a vet had to do with another situation, but come to find out, it was something completely different.

Dylan went from not being able to submit to Jake, to be able t
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love that we FINALLY get Jake’s story! He was always the “horse guy” who kind of kept to himself most of the time, but he was also part of the family with the rest of the guys.

Dylan and Jake have a history, but it ended two years ago when Dylan had a freak out and just left Jake without any real explanation. Now, she is back in his life and the attraction is still there. But is the trust between them completely broke?

I loved their second chance at a relationship. Dylan has come a long way fro
Sue
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful addition to Arizona Heat series, simply excellent…..
Jake Royston is still struggling to deal with past with Dylan Pines and the fact that she left and that he feels as though a part of him is missing, she had never wanted to leave but now they have reconnected things are tenuous to say the least.
The connection between them has obviously still remained even over the passage of time it has not diminished their true feelings, but will they still have enough left to be able to continue wit
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 Stars!

Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
4 STAR Review by Jodi for Ruby Red Romance Review

I truly enjoyed this story. Katie Douglas has done an amazing job with these sexy, steamy books. Jake and Dylan ended things, badly. Now they need each other, but can the manage to do what needs to be done and keep their distance. I loved getting to know Jake. He's loyal, protective, and hard working. I loved that about him. I loved that he loved Dylan, even when it was hard to. Dylan broke Jake's heart and it's going to be hard to win that trust
Cathy
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by this author, so it can be read as a standalone. Jake and Dylan have a history, a 2 year one to be exact...yet their connection is as strong as ever. One thing I love is that we didn't have to wait long to find out what happened or for them to actually talk about things. Dylan still needs to heal from her past/

We also have some suspense and trying to solve this mystery of who is out to get these horses, and I love these kinds of books. A strong female and ma
Kristine L.
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jake and Dylan had been a couple but two years ago Dylan left Jake and called the cops on him. Now Dylan is called back to Lemon Tree Ranch to look at a horse. She's really not happy that she has to go back there and when she's there Dylan stitches up the horse. She had trained to be a Vet but gave that up five years before. When she returns to the ranch to pick up the horse for the Sanctuary she ends up staying for a BBQ. While looking at Jake she gets sucker punched because she still loves him ...more
Amy Stephens
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have really enjoyed every single one of Katie Douglas's Arizona Heat novellas, and each story keeps getting better and better.

I dove into Leave Me Breathless, because I needed a quick read that would leave a smile on my face, and that's exactly what happened. Dylan and Jake shared a past and you can't help but to yearn for them to give things another shot. Katie puts them in a very desperate situation, and I was so glad that Dylan reached out to Jake. Secrets aside, I wanted these two togethe
Kathryn at CLiK Book Blog
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Leave Me Breathless - Arizona Heat #4 - Katie Douglas
⭐⭐⭐⭐

Jake Royston, the horse guy on Lemon Tree Ranch, had a girl once, a feisty little thing too... Dylan., but something went wrong and he’s still not over her leaving the way she did.

Dylan Pines ran from her past and continues to run. Even from the only man she’s felt a connection with, Jake.

Both love their horses but when fate pushes them back together in an aweful way, can they really survive their second chance.

Katie Douglas has again d
Tara Peters
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Leave Me Breathless is my favorite in this series. Jake and Dylan were in a relationship a few years back, but she ran away and had him arrested. Niether one stopped loving the other, but he didn't think he could open his heart to her again and she didn't think he would talk to her again.
When she gets called to the Ranch to pick up a horse, they see each other again and sparks fly, but they both try to deny it. When she gets attacked one night, he is the first person she calls. The truth about
Patricia Hoffstaetter
A truly enjoyable second chance western romance & the fourth book in the series “Arizona Heat” but it is a complete standalone romance. I found the plot well-thought out and written with some interesting & unexpected events. The characters are well-developed with complex personalities & display realistic & believable emotional feelings & moods suited to the situations they find themselves in.
There is: a young woman with painful memories of the past (Dylan), the man with whom
Mrs Hudson
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The series must read!

I will confess that I adore this author. This series has been some of her ‘lighter’ reads and regrettably, this may be the last in the series (unless the sheriff.... nah).

If you have read the rest of the series, then you will not read this review and but just download and devour. If you are new to the series, although you can read this as a stand-alone, my strong council is to go to the start to get the best of the whole series because you will want to read them all.

The blur
Raecharmed
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jake and Dylan had a thing together awhile back but a misunderstanding sent Dylan running and doing something she would later regret. Jake has never forgotten her but is wary at giving her a chance at his heart again. But when she calls him for help Jake rushes to her side. Dylan has kept a secret from Jake and its the main reason for why she reacted to some of what they explored in their relationship. Now someone from her past has come back and is threatening her again and Jake pushes old hurts ...more
Dana Busenbark
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really like Dylan from the get go! Why doesn't she want to go to the Lemon Tree Ranch? What made Dylan stop being a practicing vet? What is the deal with Jake? What do we learn? What happens on the evening that Dylan takes Betsy to the Blueberry Sanctuary? What does Dylan notice about Betsy the first time she goes to Lemon Tree to pick her up? What is she told that the Vet said? What does Dylan tell Sheriff Bob she did that he gets on her about? What was the cause of what happened? Oh man, Jak ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dylan & Jake has something good going in the past, when she freaked out, and called the cops on him when they got kinky. Ever since then, she hasn't been the same, and frankly, neither has he. It's been 2 years since she saw him, and had no problem keeping it that way, until the day she got a call that she had to go out to the ranch that he worked at, to see about a horse. Things are tense, and when she finally talks to him about it to apologize, it didn't go over very well. He finally figur ...more
Natalie Johnson
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I love second chance romances and this one didn’t disappoint! I have loved getting to know the characters in this series. Jake was always quiet and tending the horses. But you could tell that there was more to his story. And boy was there ever!

The sexual tension between Jake and Dylan was off the charts. When someone hurts
Badh
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've really loved reading this series. All the guys are really good guys who want nothing more than to take care of the women they love. The women are all strong women who realize that they can be taken care of by their men without losing anything of themselves. That's a hard line to walk, but it works really well.

Dylan, I think, is very strong, and she's dealing with all kinds of crap the best that she can, but there's just a lot of stuff built up there, and it sometimes affects things badly.
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Jake and Dylan fell apart two years ago but now, due to an injured horse, they are speaking again. The chemistry is still there, but can they rebuild the trust that was lost?

Kaye Robinson
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Make me Breathless is the 4th book in the Arizona heat series and it is really hot...
I like that in this one Jake and Dylan have a history together and this was their second chance at finding that their attraction was just as strong as before..
The chemistry between Jake and Dylan just sizzles on the pages as a little twist on a horse stealing racket bring them closer together as they work out how to fix what went wrong in their relationship.
I just totally loved all the characters from this serie
Maureen
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
fourth book back on lemon tree ranch. This time its Jake who gets his HEA. A d we know what the men are like on this ranch, they are loyal, trustworthy and will do anything for the ones they love. Dylan used to be a vet in training and also used to go out together but something frastic happened between them and then they were no more. But Dylan a few years later has to go back to the ranch only to find she still has feelings for him.
Theres a mystery going on with horses and Dylan and Jake must f
Kari Hansen
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two years ago, Jake and Dylan were involved in a relationship until an action by Jake caused a reaction by Dylan which broke both their hearts.

When Dylan needs help with a horse, she knows that Jake is the man for the job even though they ended on less than friendly terms. Their feelings for each other are stronger than ever but they will need to work through their pasts if they are to have a future together?

It is always fun to visit Lemon Tree Ranch and this book is no exception. Jake and Dylan
Rhonda Hicks
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First there is nothing not to love about the "Arizona Heat" series. This is the fourth book, "Leave Me Breathless" and it kept me enchanted and mesmerized throughout the entire read. There's old history between our couple, BDSM, insecurities, secrets, and a major mystery going on. To watch Dylan and Jake work through their history and reconnect was both heart breaking and heart melting with a dash of humor thrown in. This was just what I needed today. It covered all the bases for feels and left ...more
USA-today and worldwide number 1 bestselling author Katie Douglas is the sort of incorrigible British girl you'd find at St Trinian's. She recently quit her job as a school librarian in China to write full-time. She is also a webcomic artist and has degrees in archaeology, computer science and chemistry education, which explains why she mostly writes Scottish and Victorian historical romance or sc ...more

Arizona Heat (4 books)
  • Tie Me Down (Arizona Heat, #1)
  • Make Me Stay (Arizona Heat, #2)
  • Take Me Hard (Arizona Heat #3)