Start by marking “Baggage Claimed” as Want to Read:
Baggage Claimed

Baggage Claimed

“I don’t need to know your name. I know your spirit. I’m more concerned with that.”

Ryan and Will.

Two strangers with instant chemistry on an adventure fueled by a fiery connection neither can contain.

But not everything is as it seems.

Or is it?

Note: While this standalone book tells a complete story, it is novella-length meaning it is shorter by design. If you prefe
Published May 3rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Baggage Claimed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baggage Claimed

Start your review of Baggage Claimed
rafaella
Jan 24, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: black-voices
Annette Williams
Aug 08, 2020 rated it liked it
I love Alexandra Warren so, I just knew I was going to love Baggage Claimed. Well, I didn't. The whole love at first sight vibe with Ryan and Will didn't work. It just didn't seem genuine to me. He was way more into the "relationship" than she was. While Ryan and Will had sexual chemistry, that was pretty much it. I felt like there was no real connection between them. And, then, to find out the entire book was a dream?!!! That definitely didn't help. Even the reveal was somewhat lackluster. On t ...more
Dee Cherry
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so happy to see this author had written another novella. Of course, once I started reading I was finished in no time for this sweet love story was one I couldn't put down. Nicely written treat. ...more
Kema B.
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Still shocked!!!! You know a book is good when you reread it and are still shocked by what you already know is coming. The author did that, she created two characters that had you invested from beginning to end. Will was a Boss in every sense of the word and Ryan was such an engaging heroine. Love, love this book and will probably reread it again. Great, short read!
Ang
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Very interesting

Very interesting concept of how to write a story. That was kinda cool. Makes we want to check out other stories by this author.
Jordyn
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just read the damn book
Bianca Jones
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whew

Alex knows how to tell a story,. I can’t believe my eyes when I read it. It was really good
Meek
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t see that coming.

Wow.
1. Is a part two possible?
2. I need a man like Will in my life. His soul was beautiful and someone that everyone should at least experience.
Jordan
Dec 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Good story

So I liked this story. I think I'm really about to delve into this author's catalog (like I did JA Huss, who I'm sick of right now) because I like the way she writes her characters as individuals as well as the relationship. Now I've only read 2, so we'll see if that's still my opinion after I read a few more.

Now I gave this a 3 for 2 reasons. The first one isn't totally fair because it's more about my preference, but it is what it is. I don't know yet, but I think I'm a person who doe
Bookmarked & Bougie Book Club
“I don’t need to know your name. I know your spirit. I’m more concerned with that”- Book Bae 🤣

I love a nice detailed novella. You get ALL of the good stuff and you don’t have to invest so much time. Baggage Claimed stressed me (in a good way.) It was something different but no less amazing. I was totally invested from page one.

The main characters had an instant connection and chemistry that lasted from their meeting all the way through their amazing love story. It gave you sexy and mysterious a
TJ
May 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Downloaded this book without reading the synopsis, figured I’ve read several of her books already. I was sure I’d enjoy this book as well. Great concept, non-believable execution. Even with the reveal it felt lackluster, I needed more. There was no connection between the characters, due to no chemistry and no character development. Case in point she didn’t even know his first name...what? To me it was all about his wealth and him hiding his true self. This took insta-love to a new level and I’m ...more
Bunny Robinsonfuller
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love everything about this!!

Ever had that one song that you that you keep on repeat because there is just something about the melodies or the lyrics that make you want to cling to it. Well this story or author is like your favorite song.

Boy oh boy this novella is Awesome. Chemistry between the hero and heroine. The dynamics of their meeting is kismet. It's a well balanced story and eventhough it short it's a complete story. Alexandra Warren is weaves a story like lyrics to a song.All her book
Deena
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ma'am??!!!!

What in the world did I just read? What is happening right now?

This book is quite the wild ride. The whole vibe is different. The author always gives a cute meet up, but this one is on another level. I kept trying to figure out when things would go left (is Will a criminal? Is he somehow connected to o Ryan's grandparents? Is he a business rival?), but I never saw this big reveal coming.

Very clever, Ms. Warren. Kudos for another good read.

Take my word for it: you do NOT want to miss
Brianna
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was ok
Smiled all the way up until the end!

Honestly could have done without the whole twist. I don't understand the point of developing this build of characters just to change it all up in the end. Maybe if it would have started to play out the same way then it would be acceptable because we got a foreshadowing of what was to come but the ending exchange wasn't the same so who's to know how they ended. Basically a cliffhanger with no closure. Bummed to say the least. :/ Two stars because I loved it up
Chefgirlardee
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brandan WH
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Unexpected

This book packed a lot in a tiny package, but I enjoyed every bit of it. Ryan and Will were good for and to each, even if this was a true lust at first sight situation. Those aren’t typically the books I go for, but Ryan and Will were both fun and honest together. It’s also nice to read about black people doing different things like competitive horse back riding!
The end was unexpected but add to my enjoyment of the book. Well done.
Hyacinth
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was introduced to Warren at IndieLove2019 in Atlanta. She seemed so quiet and reserved...until I read her book, lol! Baggage claim was an amazing read. When I got to the end of the book, I threw it across the room, she got me! Will and Ryan were amazing. I don't know about throwing caution to the wind though. I'm glad the ending didn't leave pissed off. I received an autobiographies copy during this COVID-19. ...more
Jackie Bush
Just wow! No words...

I love when writers give us a glimpse of ideas they have but are not their norm. I’ve read many of Alexandra’s books and this one is definitely in my top 5 of her work. This was absolutely sexy and so intriguing. Can’t say anything because I don’t want to spoil it. Awesome job! I really enjoyed it.
Janielle
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh. Em. Gee. This Book was Amazing!!!

I am already a huge AW fan, but after this one here??? I stan fa life!!!!! The vibe from the very beginning was very different from the usual AW style that I love and expect, but it was no less intriguing and engaging. This is hands down, Ms. Warren's best work to-date! Brava!!!!!! 👏👏👏
Niya Wallis
Loved this book!

I know I really love an author when I can read the book for free (kindle unlimited) but I choose to buy it anyway. As usual my best friend (in my head) did not disappoint. She is so talented. I loved this couple. The connection between them is so deep! Definitely will be rereading it.
Tajma Brown
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't tell if I'm mad, and that's a great thing! Lol

I'm not giving any spoilers away, I will however say this book was really good! You can't help but to fall in love with Alexandra's characters. This was different than what we're used to from her, but it didn't disappoint at all.
Shannon Jones
Took My Breath Away

This story literally took my breath away. I was mesmerized from the beginning. I fell in love with the storyline and it actually exposes a deeper meaning. I definitely was not expecting the chain of events that took place. I wish there was more because I did not want it to end. Nevertheless it is for sure 5 star worthy!!
Sonia Latchman
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heading to the airport...

Why do I feel the need to head to the airport and get a ticket to Houston and see whoa happens? It takes a special author to take over your mind and transfer you into their world. A world where you believe, these things can really happen. Let me try that...! Thanks for the wake up..! 🙃
Synthia Littleton
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is such a riveting read!

I am so glad that Christina C Jones sent her followers on Instagram over to read this journey between Will and Ryan. I was not disappointed! It is refreshing and engaging. I loved it. I did not want it to end, yet I felt like the story was complete. So good!!!!!
Terra Robinson
Hobby or IAH?

Where can I find me a stranger like Ryan came across in H-Town! I know y'all got two airports there lol! If this is an example of Alexandra veering out of her lane, then I recommend a detour more often! Very enjoyable novella, that was the perfect length! And all that the promos promised it to be...and then some!!
tayara tate
Good read

Lord have mercy for will and his body parts that was baggage claimed by Ryan. I love how you brought two people together I a vivid dream to life. They may have met different in the dream but Ryan knew how her life would end with will once they got to Houston. Premonition at its best in this awesome hot read.
Kendra Thompson
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What are dream

I was captured by this tell from the start and then to find out all this twist and turns was nothing short of amaze balls! Ms. Warren never disappoints and this little story has again put her fans (me included) on the prowl for the next installment thanks again Alexandra for the ride😁
Yvonne
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THE STORY BUT......

But not liking the word Higgs just saying. With that said, this was such a great sweet story. Will and Ryan were so good together. I would absolutely recommend this book to everyone who enjoys reading a good story about love at first sight. Great job Alexandra please keep these lovely stories coming. Thank you. 👍
Two Ts
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Surprise Surprise

A great short read. I didn't see this coming at all. It's awesome when a writer can have you completely caught up in their literary journey and send you cascading down that last loop of the rollercoaster. The ride has ended and you still feel that adrenaline. A great exercise of Alexandra's talent. Great read.
Anthony Zepeda
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jaw Dropping

This book..this book was something different, but in a good way. :) I felt like I was experiencing everything that Ry & Will went through. I have so many unanswered questions, but I still feel fulfilled. Uhhh, I wish I could get on a plane and meet somebody too. Lmao! Job well done author. I loved it!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• A Natural Transition
  • Slipped up in Love
  • Shots Not Taken (Nymphs & Trojans #1)
  • Maybe Next Time (Vegas Nights, #1)
  • I Think I Might Need You (Love Sisters, #2)
  • I Think I Might Love You (Love Sisters, #1)
  • Maybe This Time (Vegas Nights, #2)
  • I Think I Might Want You (Love Sisters, #3)
  • Words with Friends: A Mason Family Novella
  • f*ck and fall in love (Friends and Lovers, #1)
  • An Ounce of Decorum
  • Release Some Tension
  • Falling for a Knight (The Wild Knights #1)
  • Loving Cassie (The Prototype Book 4)
  • Me + Somebody's Son: A Heights Story
  • It's The Chase For Me: A Heights Story (Heights Stories)
  • The Law of Attraction (The Montgomery Girls Book 2)
  • In Tandem (Equilibrium, #2)
Alexandra Warren is a twenty-something year old Nebraska girl who enjoys teaching, blogging, traveling, and of course, writing. Contemporary Romance novellas are her absolute favorite to write as well as to read. With thirty-plus books under her belt, and more on the way, she is excited to see what 2021 will bring!

News & Interviews