Start by marking “Isla Emerged” as Want to Read:
Isla Emerged

Isla Emerged

Anger. Betrayal. Exile.

Isla always knew she would be queen. One day. But after the death of her mother, matriarch of the Southern Pacific merfolk kingdom, that day grew much closer than she was prepared for. Worse, to become a mermaid queen, she must marry. It is the only way to protect her kingdom.

Forcibly betrothed to her childhood friend and fath
Published June 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Isla Emerged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Isla Emerged

Start your review of Isla Emerged
✨The Reading
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent 👌...
Loosely based on the tale of The Little Mermaid, this book follows the journey of Isla, a young mermaid who is banished from her kingdom but instead ends up saving it from an evil plot.
My first thought on this book is that it should be a film. I'm serious. A full length feature film with big Hollywood actors and the whole caboodle. It is rare that I come across books like this but when it does happen I like to say so. The author should definitely think about turning thi
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
OMG!! This is so much more than a simple retelling of the Little Mermaid as it goes beyond the scope of a mermaid who wants to be a part of the human world. This well paced, beautiful story introduces us to Isla and we get to bear witness to her growth from a young girl with a lot of attitude to a woman who does what needs to be done to save her people.

The characters and storyline are impeccably done and the author's storytelling immediately captivated me. I did not want this story t
Olivia Wildenstein
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful, immersive coming of age.

I loved Isla and the cast of characters Sequeira created. I hope there will be more books in this series.
Kiki Z
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Decent story but it needed editing. Scenes ended abruptly or in the wrong places, making it feel choppy. It also is pretty short and would have benefited from a little more time spent in certain places and with certain characters.
Jackie Velez
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I truly loved this story! I could relate to Isla on a personal level! She has such determination and spirit. I immersed myself into Isla's world, and it was amazing! I strongly recommend this to anyone who loves mermaids and a great read! Dive into Isla Emerged! It is spectacular!
Kelsey Johnson
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a great book! I thought I knew what I was getting myself into but I was way wrong! So many twists and turns that kept me wanting more! I love the characters and the plot! I would definitely recommend this to everyone!
KSWEAR79
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After losing her mom, Isla is suddenly thrust into an engagement with her friend and she does not want this. So like any young girl she starts to rebel. Finding herself in a position to rescue a man, she does.

That action alone causes a series of consequences that leads to a bittersweet happy ending.
Paula M.
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't begin to express how much I have enjoyed this book. This is so much more than a twist on The Little Mermaid. This book has its own story and character. I am beyond impressed with Deidre' s writing style and story telling ability. It's hard to believe this is her first book. Isla is a a young mermaid, like many young women, who doesn't yet understand her strength and power. It's exciting to see how she comes into it by never giving up her dreams or compromising. Her story is very inspirin ...more
Kristina
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just want to say, I highly enjoyed this book from start to finish. From the first chapter, I was instantly hooked to this world and this story. Initially, I totally thought that it was going to be a full-on Little Mermaid retelling, and boy was I wrong! Though it begins similarly, the author was able to flawlessly twist the story to a much better and different direction! I loved all the characters, and felt a connection to them all.
The style of writing is captivating and I found myself
Rosemarie Souto
added it
Athena
Alex Chesnut
Aug 06, 2019

• A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)
  • Aru Shah and the End of Time (Pandava Quartet, #1)
  • Towards Zero (Superintendent Battle, #5)
  • The Carp-Faced Boy and Other Tales
  • The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents (Discworld, #28)
  • Certain Dark Things
  • Romani Witch (Shifter Blood: Romani Curse Book 2)
  • The Rules of Attraction
  • Arlo Finch in the Valley of Fire (Arlo Finch, #1)
  • A People's History of the Vampire Uprising
  • Romani Blood (Shifter Blood: Romani Curse Book 1)
  • Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind
  • A Small Charred Face
  • Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
  • The A.B.C. Murders (Hercule Poirot, #13)
  • American Psycho