Start by marking “Sweet Whispers (Indigo Bay Second Chance Romances, #5)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Whispers (Indigo Bay Second Chance Romances, #5)

Sweet Whispers

(Indigo Bay Second Chances #5)

A thousand dreams sparked through her, memories of late nights and sweet whispers when they’d dreamed of their future together. A family where he was Dad, and she would be Mom. But it hadn’t happened.

As the executor of her grandfather’s estate, Melanie Bowers is returning to Indigo Bay for the first time in years. Her goal is to be in and out before anyone in town knows sh
Published June 6th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Whispers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Whispers

Start your review of Sweet Whispers (Indigo Bay Second Chance Romances, #5)
Kathy Jo
I have always been a fan of second chance love stories and this one did not disappoint! Once I started Sweet Whispers, I had a hard time putting it down. In fact, I stayed curled up in bed all morning reading. I refused to leave Indigo Bay until Melanie and Penn finally got their HEA.

Oh my heart! Their journey had all the feels I have come to love about second chance love stories. My heart broke for our sweet Melanie. With a troubled upbringing, it's no wonder she was scared to take another lea
Jean Oram
There’s something about Jeanette’s descriptions that make me feel as though I am there—which is cool because I am not typically very visual.

This is a second chance story with a twist on the grand gesture—I won’t spoil it for you though.

I loved the dog and the boy Lucas. So sweet! And the heroine is wonderful. You can see that when she is around the hero and his boys that this is where she is her true self and the place she is supposed to be.
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I sit down to read a book by Jeanette Lewis, I expect an engaging storyline. Basically, I expect to be taken to a different place, to meet lovely (well, some NOT so lovely!) new people, and to have my emotions TOTALLY involved with the lives of my new friends - err - the CHARACTERS in the book. Sweet Whispers does not disappoint. From the very first page, I found myself in wonderful Indigo Bay with all of it’s delightful citizens. Penn and Melanie have so much to overcome from the past. It ...more
Becky Macy
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A unique story that drew me in, right away!
Melanie returns to Indigo Bay, and begins reliving some of the good things of her time there; but she also remembers some bad things, as well. She hopes to be gone soon, but then runs into her boyfriend, Penn, on the beach—running with his son. Mel tries to finish things quickly, to sell her grandparents house, but memories are all around her. She and Penn want to be together, but can they make it work? It’s a wonderful story, and you will be glad you k
Paula
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the beginning of this book - how Melanie and Penn met again. They were teen sweethearts looking at forever being together. Fast forward years later and will they take a second chance? I loved them both and my heart hurt for them being apart - so much misunderstanding and outsider involvement. Her mom and grandparents made me angry. Penn is such a romantic and loves Melanie fiercely. I couldn't put this book down and the revelation near the end was a shocker to me but I loved the outcome. ...more
Penny Leidecker
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m loving these second chance romances set in Indigo Bay. Sweet Whispers centers around Penn and Melanie. It’s been eighteen years since they broke up. They’ve both been married, but now are single. Penn due to a divorce and Mel because her husband died. When Mel sees a jogger on the beach, she knows it’s Penn. He isn’t alone. He’s with his son, Dylan and Dylan isn’t glad to meet her, lol. If you enjoy sweet reads, you’ll enjoy all of these books. I won’t leave any spoilers, so grab your copy a ...more
Janet Graham
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second Chance Love at Indigo Bay
This is a sweet and clean, second chance romance. A couple gets a second chance at love 20 years and a lifetime later. This is a very good story and very realistic. There are some troubled characters who are not sugar-coated, just shown as their flawed selves. The ending is also very realistic and heartwarming. I received this ARC book for free from the author and this is my honest review.
Debbie Eyre
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love a good second chance romance and I am absolutely loving them at Indigo Bay! I love the romance and the journey they take to get their HEA, the storylines, the characters, the emotions , the chemistry and the twist / revelations, I just could not put this down! An awesome addition to this series!
Melissa Hayford
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love second chance romances! It is so fun to read about people finally getting their HEA. The chemistry between Penn and Mel has not fizzled through all the years, but there are some big barriers in their way. It wrapped up a little too quickly and nicely for me, but it was still such a sweet story. I love the title and how it was used throughout the book.
Sheila  Osmond
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet love store with a great story line. Jeanette writes with passion and joy in every novel she does. Can’t wait to read more!
Donna Campbell
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. I loved the characters, especially Penn. These two characters got the best second chance and I loved their chemistry. This is a sweet, clean romance.
Lurie Twist
Eleanor H. Kanis
Oct 14, 2019
Kathleen Doremus
Jun 01, 2020

• Sweet Beginnings (Indigo Bay Sweet Romance Series, #8)
  • Sweet Horizons (Indigo Bay Second Chance Romances Book 3)
  • Sweet Saturdays (Indigo Bay Sweet Romance Series, #7)
  • Sweet Rendezvous (Indigo Bay Sweet Romance Series, #6)
  • A Summer of Secrets
  • A Moment in the Moonlight (Sweet River Book 6)
  • Sweet Entanglement (Indigo Bay Sweet Romance, #12)
  • Sweet Sunrise (Indigo Bay #3)
  • A Time to Forgive
  • Sweet Forgiveness (Indigo Bay #10)
  • Sweet Regrets (Indigo Bay Sweet Romance Series, #5)
  • Three Little Things: Return to Lighthouse Point (Charming Inn Book 3)
  • A Dream to Believe In
  • Love at the Lighthouse (Lighthouse Point Book 3)
  • The Unexpected Wedding (Comfort Crossing Book 5)
  • One Simple Wish: Return to Lighthouse Point (Charming Inn Book 1)
  • Sweet Reunion (Indigo Bay, #11)
  • Sweet Matchmaker (Indigo Bay Sweet Romance #2)
A USA Today bestselling author, Jeanette's books are know for depth and detail, strong characters, and of course, plenty of sweet, swoony kissing scenes!

Dreaming up stories has always been one of Jeanette's favorite things. Other favorites include her family, good friends, crisp Autumn days, and having adventures.

FREE BOOK!
Get a free ebook when you join Jeanette's VIP reader's club.

Indigo Bay Second Chances (6 books)
  • Sweet Troublemaker (Indigo Bay Second Chance Romances Book 1)
  • Sweet Do-Over (Indigo Bay Second Chance Romances, #2)
  • Sweet Horizons (Indigo Bay Second Chance Romances, #3)
  • Sweet Complications (Indigo Bay Second Chances, #4)
  • Sweet Adventure (Indigo Bay Second Chance Romances, #6)

News & Interviews