Start by marking “The Writhing: A Horror Novel” as Want to Read:
The Writhing: A Horror Novel

The Writhing: A Horror Novel

You never truly know your neighbors, or what goes on behind closed doors. Sometimes it's better not to. Sometimes the truth is downright haunting.

Alex watches from her bedroom window as the small, secluded town of Amberton sleeps: a bright, pleasant town with a dark, disturbing secret. Helen, her foster mother, is gone all hours of the night with no explanation. The
Published May 2nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Writhing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Writhing

Start your review of The Writhing: A Horror Novel
Cathy
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Writhing by Abe Moss

This is my 1st time reading something by this author and it definitely won't be the last! Twists and turns in this book that keep you reading along to figure out what the heck is going on in the sleepy little village of Amberton. Great characters and a disturbing storyline keep your attention and keep you creeped out. I got this book for free and am leaving this review voluntarily. This book makes a great read just in time for Halloween!
Debbie
Sep 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
I really wanted to like this book and it started off very promising but it simply didn't hold up. It jumps all over the place. The parts that seem to start to grab you fall flat. I found myself very bored many times. If I wasn't reading this to leave a review and just bought it myself I wouldn't have read the entire book and just counted it as a loss. I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.
❤ArtfullySinful❤
Six years, she told herself. Six years, and one night had changed everything.
“She’s not my mom,” Alex said, and she dropped her hand and stared into the blinding light. “And this isn’t my home.”
I’m alone now. Truly alone.

Lives seem to cascade around around another in this haunting novel, as everything that once seemed a little off becomes completely bizarre. Haunting memories of a life she shouldn’t of known about, Alex begins questioning the life she’s come to know in Amberton with Helen,
Anna Szabó
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well, s***... This was a very disturbing, crazy, insane story. And I mean that in the best possible way.

At first the story was a little confusing, I just had no idea what the hell was going on. The prologue confused me to no end so obviously I needed to find out what will happen.

It is really really hard to give a review without giving too much away.

Brenda is a widow. But not your normal, everyday kind. Than there is Aaron. He is Brenda’s neighbor. One night Brenda does something unimaginable
Linda
Oct 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: finished
I really wanted to like this book and there were several parts I did like. Overall, I think the story went on too long and created excess words. I found parts of it just too unbelievable like Brenda getting away with so many murders. At times I think there were too many small stories in the big story. This made it a little tough to follow at times. I liked the concept of an "alien" taking over human bodies but didn't understand why sometimes it was so easy to kill them and other times not at all ...more
Lola Brown
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a ride!!!

This is the first of Abe's works I've ever read but, I've got to say, I'm impressed! At the beginning of the novel, I just couldn't figure out how the different characters' stories had anything to do with each other. But when it all came together....my mind was just blown. If you're on the hunt for a solid horror novel with realistic, drawing characters...look no further!!! Thanks, Abe for finally deciding to share this wonderful story with us! Can't wait to see what you do next!
Sharon
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an introduction to an author! This book is full of twists and suspense along with horror. This is a new author to me, and he has done an awesome job coming up with a great unique plot and a brilliant way of telling his story. This is a page -turner for sure, I was sitting on the edge of my seat as I eagerly flipped through the pages digesting every word, every scene that this book has to offer. If this is your genre then this is a book that you do not want to miss reading!
I received a free
Carolyn Strength
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm glad I found this book by Abe Moss. What a ride!

I just finished reading "The Writhing". This is a really good book. The characters are well-developed and I found myself caring for the heroes. The story is skillfully told and I was caught up in the story from the very beginning. Keep on writing, Abe Moss. I will keep reading. Thank you for your work. I have already ordered another of your books and can't wait to get started.
Christina
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A disturbing, thrilling, horror story with elements of the paranormal and sci-fi. I mean that in the best way possible. If you love the horror genre and love a good monster or two, this is an excellent book for you! The Writhing has human monsters and sci-fi style monsters all in one story and they all collide in one town to bring chaos. This one will haunt my nightmares for a bit!

Malinda Hoard-Atkins
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unbelievably Good

I could not put this down! The more I read, the more intense it became. This should be a movie! The stuff beyond nightmares! I was on the edge of my chair. Wow! This was actually one of the best I've read. Beats Mr. King!
Brandie Lea Slicer
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I took a chance on this and really enjoyed it!

The horror was over the top and comical too which I think goes hand in hand with a great horror read or movie! In fact, I would love to see this made into a film. I will definitely be reading more from this author.
Cher riley
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great!

This is a very good book. I really liked the characters and very good plot. Scary and very interesting. Liked it very much. This writer is very good and hope to read more of his stories.Thank you.
MMust
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy .....My God that was amazing

I don’t even know how to describe the balanced but also sustained tension of this insane book except the writing is stellar and I couldn’t put it down once I started it.
lina
Sep 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
Just could not finish it...

Got halfway through but it fell flat for me. It is suspenseful but it jump around to much. But the author has future in writing because she can write. It just was of for me.
Heather Bane
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great horror book! The author did a great job on the story. I found it suspenseful and intense. I was hooked!!! I highly recommend!!

lusty22
Oct 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Weird and Interesting

Pretty good, but nothing to write home about. I ended up leaving it half read for weeks and just went back and finished it. So there's that....
Jeanine
Aug 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, horror, own-it
Slow start but then really gets going.. Weird story.
Transcend Services
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Creepy good!

Yipes! If it's not one thing it's another creepy, crawling, pod person! These poor characters can't get a break except their bodies that is! Moved like a locomotive!
Deborah Tye
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good read!

I really enjoyed this book as it kept my intrest through the whole thing. Not once did it drag off and get boring. Read it in one day couldn't put it down!!!!
Marsha Tyler
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No words.

You have to read it for yourself to believe it. It will give you nightmares but oh so worth it.
Mary Ann Kotras
Sep 27, 2019
Stephen Lester
Sep 13, 2019
Emily Furry
rated it did not like it
May 29, 2019

• Terminal
  • Intercepts
  • Sleep Disorders
  • The Haunting of Lannister Hall
  • The Nightmare Room (The Messy Man, #1)
  • The Sleep Experiment (World's Scariest Legends #2)
  • Bad News
  • Shepherd's Warning
  • The Haunting of Beacon Hill (The Beckoning Dead, 1)
  • Escape From Hotel Necro
  • Mosquito Man (World's Scariest Legends Book 1)
  • Dark Halls - A Horror Novel
  • Deep Night (Detective Harlan Ulrich, #1)
  • The Harvest (The Bell Witch #1)
  • Dark Little Wonders and Other Stories
  • Some Can See (Northern Michigan Asylum #1)
  • The Purchase