Start by marking “Hart's Hollow Farm” as Want to Read:
Hart's Hollow Farm

Hart's Hollow Farm

(New Americana #4)

For some folks in small-town Georgia, Hart's Hollow farm has seen better days. But for the Hart family matriarch, it's a home worth fighting for . . .

From the moment Kristen Daniels arrives at Hart's Hollow, the place speaks to her soul. So when seventy-three-year-old Emmy Hart asks Kristen to help return the farm to its former glory, Kristen accepts--despite her fears
Published January 28th 2020 by Zebra (first published September 24th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Hart's Hollow Farm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hart's Hollow Farm

Start your review of Hart's Hollow Farm
Jessica
This book has some cringe-worthy cliches:
- Technophobia surrounding cell phones and youth.
- A character with a vague well-paying 'city' job who can conveniently take a leave and has enough savings to make sure that the other characters never actually feel the full ramifications of poverty.
- A romantic and dramatic look at the effects of trauma that moves the plot forward without grappling with the need for the characters to seek mental health support (plz, I hope Kristen went to therapy before
Lu Jahlas
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this light read! It did hit on dementia so there was a little sadness, but mostly it was a feel good book!
Dave Hoff
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Touching fiction of a young lady and an old lady, both with memories of loss of a close loved one The old lady in danger of losing her farm which binds her memory of her beloved husband. She needs farm help and her ad is answered by the young lady trying to escape memory of a daughter who died at 5 from cancer. Inject a grandson into the mix and things turn around for all.
Jessica
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I kept going back and forth with liking and not liking this book. It was a good book, but not what I normally love.
Jayne
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a touching story. It is why Janet Dailey is one of the best. There were times in the story I actually had tears. The story of life is so true. The heartache of horrible childhoods, the trying to make things better for your family and the love throughout the story is in this wonderful book. I really wished there was a movie made from this story. It would be a keeper just like this book.
Kim
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kristen Daniels is looking for a job. She’s trying to stay ahead of the memories that seem to always come to the surface. Mitch Hart doesn’t want to return and face the memories on Hart Hollow Farm from his childhood. He wants to get his grandmother to sell and return to his life. Emmy Hart is stubborn and determined to make the family farm a success again. Will they come together to make a success of Hart’s Hollow Farm? Can the past be overcome when the memories are strong?
Kristen Daniels is
Jan Fore
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hart’s Hollow Farm
Janet Dailey
January 28, 2020

Hart’s Hollow Farm is book #4 in Dailey’s Americana series. It is my first book of Janet Dailey’s to read. I saw a reader’s comment about it coming out soon. She noted that the book was coming out the next day. I was able to read the NetGalley copy. It was good to read and review such a pleasant family story. It tells the tale of Emmy Hart and her family. It begins with the current plot of Emmy and her farm that has gone down hill from the years of
Kevin
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I continue to admire Zebra/Kensington Books for revisiting Janet Dailey's Americana series (a book set in each of these United States) with the New Americana series, though at the rate of one book per year I doubt I'll see the finish of the new series. :-)

Kristen and Mitch, along with Emmy, Dylan, and Sadie, are characters that are easy to love. It's obvious that Kristen and Mitch are not just physically attracted to each other but want to be there for each other emotionally as well. Each has
Aud
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Hart's Hollow Farm” by Janet Dailey
This is a clean contemporary romance story that manages to pack the exploration of an enormous amount of emotions into one growing season. If you feel the emotions of the character’s lives that you share in a story.. you will want to keep the tissues handy. Yes, I received an ARC of this story from the publisher via NetGalley. And this review is my honest opinion. If you like clean, honest, real world stories filled with more heart-ache than you would ever
Jennifer Wilson
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonder book.
This is about Kristen, who comes to Harts Hallow Farm, looking for work for a few months, to get some money to move on to the next job. Kristen is trying to run from her painful past, and forget the great loss she’s suffered. And Mitch.. who comes back home to Harts Hallow, hoping that he will be able to talk some sense into his grandmother Emmy, and get her to sell the farm. But things do always work out how we want them too.
This was a wonderful story. And I enjoyed it
Tara Peters
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mitch is going back to Hart’s Hollow Farm to talk Emmy into selling her property. He has nothing but bad memories, thanks to his father. Emmy isn’t going to go down without a fight and has just hired someone to help her. Kristen is running and doesn’t stay anywhere for too long. When they all meet for the first time, things start to change.
Emmy is hiding a secret about her health. Mitch’s young children are living with Emmy and Kristen vows to not get too close, she can’t stand more
Lee Ann
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very touching story of two women that are bound by loss, and help each other through tough times with the aid of one of the women's grandson. You have an older woman in danger of losing her farm, which is her main connection to her deceased husband. To help make ends meet, she places an ad that is answered by a young woman that lost her son to cancer. Together, they help each other heal and deal with the loss that they were having trouble getting over.

Kristen, Emmy and Mitch are beautifully
Kathleen Gray
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two damaged people come together to help a woman slowly fading away in this novel from a writer who knows how to pull at the heart. Kristen lost her daughter, and so much more, to cancer. She's hoping for fresh start. Emmy Hart is hoping that Kristen can help her get her farm- Hart's Hollow- back to a good place. Mitch is Emmy's grandson and he's got some real issue from his childhood. He wants Emmy to sell the farm. This touches on some very serious issues, including dementia and abuse, but ...more
Despina
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley for a honest review.

Hart's Hollow Farm was a beautiful story about love, pain, forgiveness and happiness. The story starts out with Kristen Daniels arriving at the Hart Hollow Farm for a job interview never expecting it to turn out the way it does. The same farm has been nothing but blood and tears for Mitch Hart and he really does not want to be coming back to help his grandmother. This was a story about life's difficulties and how if they don't
Diana
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a story of family differences and dementia that brought a tear to my eye more than once.
Mitch Hart left the family farm at eighteen and never looked back. When his sister dies and his niece and nephew may go into foster care he decides he needs to go home.
Kristen Daniels is trying to find a place to bring her peace from her troubled past. She shows up at the farm looking for work and that is where the story begins.
Janet Dailey is an author whose tales seem to sooth my soul. I feel like I
R J Mckay
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: top-shelf
I received a copy of this book from Goodreads in exchange for a review.
Janet Dailey's books always seem to touch a chord with me. Her stories are a comfortable read. You know the feeling you get when you pull out a well-r=worn, well- loved blanket and you snuggle into its warmth? THat's how I feel when I read one of Ms. Dailey's books: comfortable, cozy, and contented. "Hart's Hollow Farm"is no exception. I felt like I knew the characters. They are someone I would meet in my own home town. The
Joyce
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book.It makes you long for summer in the sweet Southern heat and the promise of new life in the fields
.Kristen Daniels has been through heartbreak with the loss of her daughter.She comes to Harts Hollow Farm looking for a job.
Seventy three year old Emmy needs help on her farm and faces opposition from her very handsome grandson Mitch who wants to sell the farm.Emmy is also raising two young great grandchildren by herself.
It’s inevitable that Mitch and Kristen fall in love with each
Anima
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Not so much a romance between two people but a woman and the Hart family. Kristen needed love, to move on and to feel alive. Mitch needed to stop being angry at the past and let go of the grudge. But the Hart family needed faith in each other and the community. Just reading their story gives me a stronger appreciation for farmers and small towns. Although I had some concerns about Emmy's health and the logistics of a few things seemed off, it was a heartwarming feel good story. It's listed as ...more
Megsbookclub
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Today I wanted to share Hart’s Hollow Farm! This one will make you smile! Kristen arrives in Hart’s Hollow and agrees to work with Emmy to save her farm. When she meets Mitch, Emmy’s grandson, she starts to realize she has feelings for him. Mitch never thought he would come back home after his difficult past. But maybe he can find some happiness, it just might not be what he thinks! .

The romance was a little rushed to me. But you will appreciate the small town, farm life feel of this one. This
Anna Eden
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
I received this book through a giveaway and was encouraged to leave a review.
This was my first book by Janet Dailey, and I'm so glad I received a copy through a giveaway! Hart's Hollow Farm makes me want to go back and read all the other books in the series, as it was a wonderful blend of hardship and romance. It was exactly what I needed to read over winter break!
I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a story of hard work and healing with some romance thrown in.
Joyce
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven’t read this author in a long time.I really enjoyed this light easy tale
About Kristen Daniels and Hart’s Hollow. A story set in a small Georgia
town on a farm that has seen better days. Kristen is drawn there and Mitch
The grandson comes home and together they help bring life back to
Hart’s Hollow. The tale touches on dementia and how it affects family.
It is a story of family, living, and remembering as well as forgiving. I
Recommend this book.
Bree Hill
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Small southern town romance between a grieving heroine and a hero unhappy with having to return home due to what his family’s farm represents for him. Matriarch teetering between two worlds: past and present and refusing to let go of what’s hers. This book was heavier than I’d expected. Felt like more focus went into making things complicated and heavy initially but it worked out in the end. I got it. Enjoyed it more than I expected.
Flora
Feb 07, 2020 rated it liked it
After having been a fan of Janet Dailey's for decades (yes, truly!) I have come to expect nothing but the best from her. I don't remember ever having read this particular title, but unfortunately it did not meet my expectations. It was sweet no doubt but it did not touch any heart strings like some of her other books have.

I read Texas Forever not too long ago, and THAT one is first rate romance.

Thank you Netgalley and Kensington Books for the ARC. This is my honest review.
Hsu Lee
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily offered to review this book with no obligations and my opinions are honest!
This was a great book !
Kristen is helping Emma with her farm.
Mitch thinks that his grandmother Emma is going senile.
Read the book, and watch the clash of the titans! LOL
Loved the characters + the storytelling !
It has all the ingredients that you need for a great book!
I can't wait for the next book in this series.
Barbara Tobey
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sniff, sniff. A few tears were shed throughout. A sweet, convenient possible romance. Several heart-breaking issues, such as loss of home, loss of mind, and human loss. Interesting watching the personal growth of the various characters. Farming has progressed to being highly technical. Quite the tractor! Thanks to the publisher for providing a copy via NetGalley.
Linda Smatzny
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Story set on a family owned farm in Georgia. Emmy Hart is trying to hold onto the family farm but having a hard time doing so. She hires Kristen Daniels to help her but Mitch Hart, Emmy's grandson, is not sure he wants the farm and especially the memories he has of the place. The book is part of the New Americans series. It was a quick easy read.
Kathy
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
Quick enjoyable read. The main character Kristin has a painful emotional backstory. In this book she copes by living and working on the farm, interacting with several children and falling in love with Mitch. I received my copy via Goodreads Giveaways.
Sheila Penwell
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story. Kristen arrives at Hart Hollow Farm to apply for a job opening at the farm. Emma Hart needed help and Kristen needed some place to stay. You should read this to see the whys to both. Great story about about friendship, family and love.
Patricia Barber
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have always loved this author's books and you will also love this book. I cried with this family and all the real problems that many of us are dealing with today. Great book and a must read for 2020.
marllene mancuso
Wonderful story

Great story could not put it down so when there is loss God supplies the new direction to go. Heartwarming!

• Spirit of the Season
  • Met Her Match
  • Christmas in Silver Springs (Silver Springs, #6)
  • Wyoming Heart (Wyoming Men #9)
  • A Mrs. Miracle Christmas
  • Child's Play
  • Coming Home for Christmas (Haven Point, #10)
  • Cut and Run
  • Country Strong (Painted Pony Creek #1)
  • Christmas from the Heart
  • The Stalking (Krewe of Hunters #29)
  • Sisters by Choice (Blackberry Island, #4)
  • The Country Guesthouse (Sullivan's Crossing, #5)
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • Unleashed (Long, Tall Texans #50)
  • Spy
  • Temptation's Darling
  • Hindsight (Kendra Michaels, #7)
Janet Anne Haradon Dailey was an American author of numerous romance novels as Janet Dailey (her married name). Her novels have been translated into nineteen languages and have sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Born in 1944 in Storm Lake, Iowa, she attended secretarial school in Omaha, Nebraska before meeting her husband, Bill. Bill and Janet worked together in construction and land

New Americana (4 books)
  • Sunrise Canyon
  • Refuge Cove
  • Letters from Peaceful Lane (The New Americana Series)