Start by marking “The Younger Man” as Want to Read:
The Younger Man

The Younger Man

Starting over was her only option.

Forty-years old and still reeling from a public and painful divorce, Thalia Blackwood is looking for a fresh start, somewhere far away from her upside down life. When she’s offered a new job as the sports therapist for a football (soccer) team, she jumps at the chance. This is just what she needs to leave the heartbreak and shame of
Published December 8th 2019 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about The Younger Man, please sign up.
Kara No! It is coming in early December!

Start your review of The Younger Man
Christy
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!

photo D134F72A-6250-4E42-9CC4-1D2B956DCFC6_zpsissiwp9t.png
The bigger the love, the greater the risk.

Wow. This was so good. Emotional, sensual, forbidden, beautifully written, and one of the best age gap romances I've read in a long time. It gave me the same kind of feels of my all time favorite Karina Halle romances (The Play, Love in English, etc) and I loved it so much!

Thalia is a forty year old recent divorcee looking to get away from her current life drama, so she takes a job in another country. She is a physical therapist and
Karina Halle
Nov 17, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
NOTE: there has been a title change for The Younger Man. Alejo and Thalia's romance is now called THE FORBIDDEN MAN, which more accurately reflects their epic love story. As a result, you may see the book referred to as either title on Goodreads or elsewhere :)

You can read a few excerpts of The Forbidden Man below:

**Excerpt is exclusive for you guys and totally unedited and unproofed and subject to change**

I walk over to him, conjuring up the confidence. I played softball and tennis as a young
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I AM STILL TRYING TO CATCH MY BREATH. Whew baby, Karina Halle BRINGS IT with The Forbidden Man! This book absolutely wrecked me. It was angsty and sexy and decadent and forbidden and heartfelt and beautiful and romantic and dreamy anddddddddd ... I could keep going on and on for days. I'm IN AWE of Alejo and Thalia. These characters are so special. They are MORE THAN memorable. They are the kinds of characters that leave a mark on you and I'm not sure how I will get over them.

I mean, my word!
Bibi
I'm at the scene where Luciano is accepting an award and our hero and heroine are in the coat closet having sex. Is this woman 40 or 18? Also, just because the Hs have loads of sex doesn't mean they have any sexual chemistry.

In addition, the author clearly took creative licence with the info on European football clubs or maybe she just didn't do enough research..but, whatever, it's fiction. Ultimately, it was the boredom that got to me and I think I sleep-read majority of the book. Oh, well.

If
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 STARS

I loved it so much, so nice to be back in Mateo and Vera’s world but this time with Thalia and Alejo who where fantastic! I loved their romance so much!

Super hot, sensual, emotional ,sweet and it has the perfect amount of drama! I fall in love with each character and it felt like I was a part of their story! I swoon and melt with these two! They make me feel warm!

This has everything I wanted and even more.I loved how the relationship between Alejo and Thalia developed and I liked the
Dilek VT
Sep 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
I was looking forward to this book so much. I always love younger man/older woman trope. I also like Karina Halle's writing. But this book is such a huge disappointment. I am so very upset :(

*********************************************

First of all, it is boring as hell. I waited and waited for it to get interesting or captivating but nope, it doesn't. It is boring in the extreme!

*********************************************

Secondly, the hero and heroine has ZERO chemistry. Zero, zip, zilch,
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5 Stars

description

Karina Halle’s spin on a soccer player’s fall for a female staff member was EXCELLENT! I adored the manner in which the hero the “younger man” was written. Alejo Albarado is the twenty-three year old soccer star who was so refreshing and uniquely portrayed. He spoke from the heart, acted impulsively at times, and was so genuine, not to mention sexy as hell. On the other hand, our heroine Thalia, is a forty year old newly divorced woman whose career and reputation could be destroyed if
chan ☆
Jan 01, 2020 added it
Shelves: dnf, 2020
dnf @ 5%

life's too short to read stuff that bores you. this didn't start off horribly and in fact the premise is pretty original. older woman is head physical therapist for soccer team in madrid. falls for one of the players.

i can tell this is the kind of angsty emotional story that a lot of y'all will like. i'm just not real big into older woman/younger man stories and soccer is the one sport i reallllllly don't give a shit about.
EmBibliophile
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was ok

This was...Boring?

I really wanted to like this book. I’ve discovered Karina Halle’s books last month, and I binge read her Royal romance series. They were so fun and enjoyable to read. So I was kind of excited to read this book, but oh man this was so boring!! It’s such a big book where nothing is really happening. I was just so freakin uninterested in the story/plot. It was just so boring!! And I hated that I had to push myself to finish it! I was Indifferent towards the characters.
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20191213_001054.png

Karina Halle delivered a soul crushing romance that was forbidden, sexy, passionate and full of love. I had no idea what I was going to get with a forbidden sports romance with the leading female being older, but I have to say that I really enjoyed this one.

Coming off of a heartbreaking divorce, Thalia is trying to pick up the pieces of her life and start over. With a new job in the works and the chance to re establish her career, things are starting to look a little bit better for this newly
☽ jodi bibliophile ♥
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t even have the right words to express how I’m feeling right now.

Karina has literally FLAWED ME!

The second I started this book, I couldn’t put it down. I found myself thinking about it before bed and waking up feeling so giddy AF to jump back in.

I LIVED for this story and these characters.

Most of you know how picky I am and when a book consumes me as much as this book did, can only means it was BEYOND AMAZING. Like it was fucking incredible and I don’t throw that word around often.

warhawke
Author: Karina Halle
Genre: Contemporary (Sports) Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

A messy divorce forced Thalia Blackwood to completely overhaul her life. Moving to Madrid was supposed to be the fresh start she desperately needed. However, falling for Alejo Albarado’s impossible to resist charm was the last thing she ever expected and it became a complication neither of them was willing to face.

I love the older woman/younger man dynamic because it’s not very common for an
Samantha Young
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Phwar! Steamy, angsty, emotional, and filled with amazing tension! Thalia and Alejo will pull you deep into their stunning romance and leave you with a guaranteed book hangover.
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
This started off like gangbusters!

My first Halle and I was thinking to myself, 'self, you're a dumbass for not reading her writes before now'. I'm kind of a sucker for the sekrit lub stories so I was kind of dancing a jig.

Thalia and Alejo had fantastic chemistry going on that turned hotter than a forrest fire when the sexy times started.

I was not mad at it.

Both of the characters and their emotions read realistic to me. I didn't want to put it down. Really, things were going swimmingly. I mean,
Betül
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**
description

The Younger Man is a very sensual, and straight to the point contemporary (a little bit taboo) romance. I loved that there was a big age difference (17 years) between Thalia and Alejo. What I also really liked was that you could sometimes really feel that there was an age difference. Even though Alejo is a young football player, he has been through a lot and had to mature earlier than most people. I think that was the main reason why he and Thalia
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 's

“I can be your someone.”

This is an older woman/younger man forbidden romance and I just love when the younger man knows exactly what he wants.

Thalia has been through a rough divorce with her cheating husband and since they both worked for Manchester United she quits and gets a job with Real Madrid. That's where she meets Alejo.

Alejo is taken with her right away but there is a no fraternization policy and he is seventeen years younger than Thalia...not that it bothers him at all!

Thalia
Melanie A.
~SIGH~ This could have been epic!

(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)
Curlyhairlass19
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-top-reads
6 Hala Madrid stars!

I am completely swept away right now by this book! Thalia & Alejo will be a couple that is written in the history books, as far as the book world goes. This book was extremely well written, and hit every single place in my heart. So much raw emotion, angst, passion, romance, and lust! I truly don’t want to leave this world. I love forbidden romances, and this one is my favorite!!

“So this is Alejo Albarado. Number 28.”

Hello top book boyfriend for 2019, and top 5 of all
AJ
5 passionate, swoony, epically romantic stars!

Oh, my heart! I’ve been through it all with this book, and I’m absolutely in love with this chemistry-filled, epic love story. An older woman/younger man romance with an angst-inducing forbidden twist, this book held me captivated for 500+ pages of sexual tension, chemistry, passion, angst, drama and soul-deep love, and I loved it so much.

And with a book like this, I couldn’t help but highlight my way through the book, so beware my quote-whorey
Vanessa (nessreads)
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am completely and utterly speechless. Feels upon feels upon feel. My heart feels so full. Karina has floored me and I was beyond consumed with the story that she so eloquently and beautifully penned.

From the second I started this book, I couldn’t put it down. Every other thought I had was about this book, this story and these characters. I tried to pace myself from finishing reading in one-sitting, but the more I read the more I was sucked in and I couldn’t stop. I lived for this story and
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
4.5-5!! I’m in loveeee!!! Alejo was literally the absolute sweetest. I adored him and Thalia so so much! Gah, the tension and angst was perfect. So happy I loved this one, and loved seeing Mateo and Vera again!
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5 / 5 stars

It's always so refreshing to read an age gap romance where the heroine is the older part of the equation because I think most of this trope is always the other way around so whenever I see an age gap romance where the woman is the older one I always want to read it.

This book wasn't just refreshing for me because of what I just said but also for many other reasons: first, I feel like I haven't read practically any soccer sports romances (it always feels weird for me to say
~Dawn~TUG
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay...where to start with this review. First I am going to tell you a little truth about myself. When I go into reading a book that I have seen a lot of hype about...I think I enter with a chip on my shoulder. What does this mean? It means this...I open the kindle with a need for the words and story to prove their worth to me. Hype can sometimes lead to hope and hoping a story will be what it is to everyone else is a tough thing to battle. This one succeeded. Alejo and Thalia were electric. ...more
Phuong ✯

I'm really shocked at how much I liked this book. This is my 4th book by Karina Halle and I haven't enjoyed any of her books so far. I only picked up this book because I haven't read forbidden romance and younger man - older woman for a while and the blurb sounded interesting enough. I expected to find it mediocre at best, but woah ~ I was positively surprised.

My man Toni
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5 'El sol de mi corazón' Stars!
ARC provided via Social Butterfly PR in exchange for an honest review.

And that is how a gripping age-gap romance is written! Karina Halle surely knows how to end this year with a bang because The Younger Man was simply an unputdownable read from start to finish. Trust me when I say you’ll want to meet Alejo and read his and Thalia’s journey to fall in love for each other. It’s oh-so-worth-it!

So, The Younger Man is Karina’s newest standalone release and it focuses
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
„Does your heart make sense of us?”

Oh Lord… Karina Halle slayed me with this book. The Forbidden Man is simply amazing- full of tension, sinfully forbidden, heartbreakingly beautiful and deliciously steamy. I was so hypnotized by this story that the real world didn’t exist for me. Only Alejo, Thalia and their taboo romance mattered. Karina took the risk with these characters, because for some they can be controversial, but the story she described is totally worth it. My heart alternately broke
Manoela
5 Stars

I have been following Karina Halle's books for a few years and I am always impressed by her versatility in writing about different styles and yet doing a solid and catchy job, but my favorite books from hers are romances. With this book with she did me a fantastic job once again making me fall in love with her writing and characters.

Thalia and Alejo are characters that I fell in love with early on and while they are great as individuals it was the connection between them that captivated
Brittany from Can’t Quit Books
Wow...I’m seriously at a loss for words to describe how amazing this book was. The love, drama, and angst were all present in perfect doses. Their journey wasn’t easy, but it was worth it.

Thalia was such a strong character. Her ability to rationalize, stand up for herself, and make sacrifices for others showed that she was a wonderful person.

Alejo was such a fun hero. His cockiness, ability to make jokes, and the fact that he never wavered in his decision made me root for this romance that
⏃ : ✦ villainous_reads ⏃ : ✦

*** 5 Forbidden Stars ***

From the beautiful, enchanting city of Madrid brings a love story with no bounds. The story of Alejo & Thalia was so real and powerful.I was engrossed in their love affair from start to finish. Simply enchanting.

At the top of his career, Alejo has it all. Yet nothing is as it seems. Behind his facade lies a broken young man. Finding ways to cope with his emotions. His whole world resolves around football. He's worked hard to get where he is today, and
ABookLover73
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, new-adult, age-gap, arc
FIVE SPANISH STARS for Thalia and Alejo !!!

This is the second book that I've read by Karina Halle and I really loved it so much!

The first book "SMUT" that I read two years ago it was so funny and an amazing read.

I didn't know what I supposed to expect from "The Younger Man" because from the blurb I was sure that this one wouldn't be the same as "SMUT".

Karina didn't disappoint.

I love age-gap books but this one was totally something different from the books with the same trope that I've read
Turning Pages At ...: The Younger Man by Karina Halle 29 48 Dec 22, 2019 05:54PM

• Release
  • The Guy on the Left (The Underdogs, #2)
  • Infinite (Salvation, #7)
  • Inappropriate
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men Duet, #2)
  • Credence
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Dear Ava
  • Enemies
  • Defying Gravity
  • Rebel Heir (Rush Duet, #1)
  • The Last Thing She Ever Did
  • The Candle Palace (Jamison Valley, #6)
  • Hard Fall (Jon Reznick, #5)
  • Hard Way (Jon Reznick, #4)
  • Bossy Brit
  • Hard Hit (Jon Reznick, #6)
  • Focused
Karina Halle is a former travel writer & music journalist and The New York Times, Wall Street Journal & USA Today Bestselling author of The Swedish Prince, The Pact, Love, in English, The Artists Trilogy, Bad at Love & over 55 other wild and romantic reads. She lives on an island off the coast of British Columbia with her husband and her adopted pup Bruce, where she drinks a lot of ...more
“My heart,” he murmurs, “it beats for you, Thalia. Now and always. I love you. Te amo. And this love burns like the sun.” 3 likes
“When you’re young it just seems so much easier. You’re not set in your ways yet. The world is open to you, as are the people in it. Even though I know forty isn’t old at all, it’s old enough that little things like friendship are harder to come by.” 1 likes