Start by marking “Summer at Firefly Beach” as Want to Read:
Summer at Firefly Beach

Summer at Firefly Beach

A totally emotional, gripping page-turner from the bestselling author of The Summer House about the importance of family, re-discovering who you are, and the magic of finding true love under the summer sun. Perfect for fans of Mary Alice Monroe, Nancy Thayer and Susan Mallery.

Hallie Flynn’s favorite place in the world is her great Aunt Clara’s beautiful beachside house, wi
Published June 17th 2019 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Summer at Firefly Beach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer at Firefly Beach

Carrie
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I have to admit Summer at Firefly Beach by Jenny Hale is one of those books that I take one look at and think oohh I want to be there, darn beautiful covers get me all the time. However, as lovely as an “inviting wraparound porch and enchanting views across the sparkling turquoise ocean” does sound I actually knew of Jenny Hale’s stories so I had high hopes for a lovely beachy type of read too and thankfully that’s what readers will find with this one.

Hallie Flynn was extremely close to her Aunt
Selena
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an e-copy of Summer at Firefly Beach from NetGalley for my honest review.

A heart warming and emotional read. A story of family, memories, loss, love and wisdom. A wonderful beach read!!
Shalini
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I opened the book and took my first glimpse of it, I knew I would simply fall in love with it. When Aunt Clara died, Hallie was left with a bucket list she had written as a child. She left her job and went about fulfilling the wishes of the innocent younger Hallie and Aunt Clara. In the process, Hallie discovered a thing or two about herself. Ben her best friend stood steadfast by her side through it all… Was Ben her soul mate or did the newcomer Gavin bring new dreams? Read the book to kno ...more
Robin Loves Reading
Hallie Flynn and her family gather at her favorite place ever. It is the home of her now deceased great Aunt Clara. The home is lovely and brings with it very warm memories to Hallie. She is devastated by the loss of her aunt.

Aunt Clara has left inheritances to the family, which include Hallie's mother and sister. When it came to Hallie, however, instead of a sizable inheritance, she receives a letter that included a bucket list that Hallie wrote as a a child. Clara insists that Hallie complete
Jen
May 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Hallie’s beloved Aunt Clara has passed away and Hallie is bereft over this enormous loss. Hallie returns to her favorite place in the world, her Aunt Clara’s beachside home in Firefly Beach. Here she will nurse her wounds, help her uncle in his grief, uncover a family secret, and begin to imagine a new life for herself. Hallie navigates through all of this with her best friend Ben by her side.

This is everything a reader expects from a good beach read- a beautiful locale, a little mystery, and a
Bernadette Robinson
**Spoiler alert ~ tissues are needed.**

My thanks to the Publishers via NetGalley for the opportunity to read this in exchange for an honest review. I gave this a 5/5 stars or 10/10 for making me cry.

Jenny Hale is quite a prolific author of romances set in America, her well written stories are character driven and draw the reader into the lives of the characters and their world.

This was a joy to read, I ran the whole gamut of emotions in equal measure whilst reading this story.

Hallie is a little
Elaine
Hallie has kept secret from her family just why her engagement ended. Still recovering from everything, the untimely demise of her beloved Aunt Clara means she's really struggling to cope. Aunt Clara has left them all letters but Hallie's is different from everyone else as it requires her to complete the bucket list she wrote when she was just 12 years old before she can have her inheritance. That's when her best friend from childhood, Ben Murray, comes to help her and her family. He has always ...more
Meghan
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I really enjoyed this story, it starts off with a family grieving for the loss of a special person in all their lives, Aunt Clara. Aunt Clara had a way of touching everyone’s lives and after she is gone it doesn’t change.

This story is a lovely tale of a grieving family learning how to move on, to grow with each other, help those family members in need and bring each character hope while they come to turns with the loss of an amazing family member.

Hale’s ability to write a romance novel with a
Jodie
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Haillie Flynn has experienced a lot of loss in the past few months. Her marriage has recently ended in divorce, and her beloved Aunt Clara has died leaving her Uncle Hank alone at Firefly Beach. Haillie, her family and her best friend Ben make their annual summer trip to Firefly Beach to try and heal and spend time with Uncle Hank. Aunt Clara has left a final wish for Haillie - to complete the bucket list that Haillie wrote when she was twelve years old.

I really enjoyed the sense of romance felt
Isabella
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

This book surprised me, in a good way. I wasn’t expecting to like it as much as I did because it is not the type of book I usually reach for. After reading the synopsis, I was intrigued and thought I would give it a shot.

What’s special about this book is that Hallie’s grief after the loss of her beloved aunt Clara is very real. It was believable because her grief for all the loss she suffered impacts the way she live
Kalyn Bryant
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a perfect summer romance! I loved Ben and Hallie. I loved how the author made me feel like I was actually a part of their family. This book is a great vacation read! Thank you NetGalley and Jenny Hale for the chance to read and review this book!
Simona
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
*Book provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review*

When Hallie Flynn’s great aunt Clara dies, she leaves her a bucket list to complete. Hallie wrote this list herself as a child. Hallie and her whole family are heart-broken when Clara dies. They all return to Firefly beach, where they go every year and also take care of her great uncle Hank.

The group includes Sydney, her sister, and Sydney’s son Robby, her mama and her best friend Ben. They have been friends since childhood and he
Audrey
Jun 21, 2019 rated it liked it
ARC provided by NetGalley
This book was the definition of a “beach read”. Not just that it’s set at a beach house, but the plot and characters and the pace of the book were the epitome of a beach read. It’s light and everything is kind of perfect and dreamy. I enjoyed most of this book and would recommend it to someone who wants something sweet and nice. I know other reviewers mention needing tissues and that this really tugged at their heart strings, but I just didn’t get that. Maybe I’m heartl
Shelley Lawrence
This story was a bit of a disappointment for me. I’ve read a previous novel by Jenny Hale and absolutely loved it! This story was fine, and sweet, perhaps a bit too sweet, a tad too happy and perfect? It had a promising premise, and a cozy family setting in an ideal location, but we didn’t get to know the family members in much detail, which would have added to the overall warmth of the story so much more. The story also hinged around a trope I find aggressively annoying. The with-holding of inf ...more
Akcherrybomb
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've always been drawn in my beautiful covers and this one makes me want to go to Firefly beach.

We meet Hallie the central character who is dealing with the death of her Aunt Clara and coming to terms with the grief.

Straight away the main guy in the picture is her best friend Ben. Seems platonic, but can guys and girls ever just be 'just friends'? I'm not so sure so intrigued to see how this plays out within the book.

As I thought - the will they/won't they scenario and not wanting to ruin a f
Jo
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Loved Hallie,Ben & the other characters in this book - great location. A perfect summer feel good read!
Towrin
May 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I wonder which is better or worse - a book leaving you with feelings of anger and disappointment. Or leaving you with no feelings at all, just plain old indifference.

I guess it depends on whether we pick up a book in hopes to escape our own feelings, or to fill up a void of feelings we have in our own life.

But why am I thinking about these things right now, you ask? Because I didn't feel anything from this book. This book was not good. It was not bad. It just was...

I don't even feel like dissect
Gaele
There must be something in the water as I’ve read three books in quick succession that all deal with loss, grief and a new path to happiness. And in this, Jenny Hale has created a unique twist on the ‘message from the departed’ story with a series of five tasks set out to Hallie to receive her own inheritance. But there are more things to be uncovered and discovered in this family – from Aunt Clara’s husband Hank is suffering the loss of his purpose. In an effort to help Hank, and themselves, Ha ...more
Viv
May 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-reads
It took me a little while to get into this book. Not going to lie. But...it was sweet, and it was truly a nice read. Sweet and cute, with the best of a best-friends-since-childhood-turned-lover kind of storyline. However, was it the best book I've ever read? No. It was nice, sure, but something about it just didn't quite click with me.
Characters:
Hallie was nice to have as a lead heroine, and her own journey of creative self-discovery was fun to be on the ride for, but I think that might have jus
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews I received this book for free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Thank you to Bookouture for my copy of this book and for letting me take part in this tour. I am a HUGE fan of Jenny's work and I love her Summer books as much as her Christmas ones. Its the perfect way to tell the changing of the seasons.

In this story, we follow Hallie Flynn as she tries
Trish at Between My Lines
Summer at Firefly Beach by Jenny Hale is the perfect feel good book to fling in your beach bag. Or if you can’t get to the beach, then I can’t think of a better book to transplant you to a coastal setting.

Thanks to Bookouture for letting me participate in this blog tour, and for giving me the book for review consideration. As always, no matter what the source of the book, you get my honest, unbiased opinion.

One of my favourite things about this book was the fabulous sense of setting. You can sme
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

I am a massive fan of Jenny Hale’s novels – just look at the absolutely STUNNING cover of this book? How could you not be a massive fan? With Jenny Hale’s novels, you know exactly what you’re going to get; a story full of heart and promise from beginning to end, and ‘Summer at Firefly Beach’ ticked those boxes.

Personally, I did find the storyline a little bit samey in terms of the bucket list and completing it for someo
Kristin's Novel Cafe
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of my go to authors for light romance novels is Jenny Hale. All of the books I’ve read of hers leave me with a smile on my face. Her newest book, Summer at Firefly Beach, also left me with a smile.

This book centers around Hallie who, along with her mother, sister, and nephew, are grieving the loss of her Aunt Clara. They’ve agreed to spend two weeks with her Aunt’s widower, Uncle Hank, at his beach house to help him get things in order. Also in tow is Hallie’s best friend Ben; her rock. Whil
Nessa
I've literally just finished this beautiful story Summer at Firefly Beach and I've got tears in my eyes from reading the last few chapters, so amazingly heartfelt and emotional.  It's not often that I come across a story that completely moves me to tears, but my gosh has the wonderful talented author Jenny Hale gone and done just that.

Jenny Hale is one of my favourite authors, I have read and loved all of her books to date, and everytime she brings a new book out, I always know that I'm in for
Jane
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
****Summer at Firefly Beach. Hallie is consumed with grief when her great aunt Clara passes and is also very confused about her inheritance. While the rest of the family got their inheritances immediately, Hallie is tasked with completing the items on a bucket list composed when she was 12. Six months into her grief she and her family go to visit Uncle Hank, himself still struggling with his new widowhood. Childhood friend Ben, always Hallie’s rock and support also makes the trip. Hallie finds h ...more
Marti
Summer at Firefly Beach by Jenny Hale
Aunt Clara’s beach house is a place to relax and connect as a family. However, now Aunt Clara is gone, Hallie is not looking forward to going there. This is, to her, another straw in the camel’s back. Things have been really hard, but this loss is almost too much. In the last piece of correspondence from her aunt, was the to do list Hallie made when she was twelve. Hallie is expected to accomplish the list in order to receive her inheritance, but how can she
Amy
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
The death of Hallie's Aunt Clara encourages her to return to her favorite place in the world, Firefly Beach. Upon Hallie's return, she learns of her beloved aunt's bucket list for her. Through this bucket list, Hallie learns a lot about herself and what makes her happy personally, professionally, and romantically. After one failed marriage, does Hallie have the faith to give love one more try?

I only gave this book four stars instead of five because I felt like a couple of the plot lines were und
Reading Mom.me
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m between 3.5 and 4 so went with a 4
Even Though this book is predictable It was a beautiful love story and I truly enjoyed the Read. Another book I stayed up way to late to finish!
Hallies favourite Aunt has died and before she can get her inheritance she must complete a list of dreams she made when she was 12. The story follows Hallie, her family and her best friend Ben as they go back to her aunts house to grieve, and Hallie attempts to accomplish her list.
The author did a great job sett
MetLineReader
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2019
A sweet summer read that starts off a little strange (after the death of her aunt), Hallie has already decamped to firefly beach. There’s a whole host of characters who aren’t really introduced (I was still confused as to who was who until about 1/2 way through) and Ben, her best friend who’s just Ben.

Yes yes yes - it’s pretty obvious what’s going to happen so you just roll your eyes and wish they would just get on with it. Thankfully Jenny Hale writes engaging books that once you get past all t
Cal
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jenny Hale is an author whose books never fail to deliver and Summer at Firefly Beach is no exception. The perfect summer read, it is a heartwarming tale of love, family and friendship.

After suffering the devastating loss of her beloved Aunt Clara, Hallie returns to Firefly Beach, the place of her childhood memories, to try to come to terms with her grief and to carry out Clara’s final wish of completing the bucket list she wrote when she was twelve years old.

But following the bucket list isn’t
« previous 1 3 next »