Start by marking “B is for Barista (The ABCs of Love Book 2)” as Want to Read:
B is for Barista (The ABCs of Love Book 2)

B is for Barista

(The ABCs of Dating)

Love is brewing where they least expect it.

"I am so thrilled to have found Brenna Jacobs, and she has definitely claimed a spot on my list of one-click authors. I can't wait to read more by her!"-Samantha Kennicott, reviewer

"Ms. Jacobs’ writing style is delightful."-Lauraine Henderson, reviewer

"I can tell Brenna Jacobs’ books and I are going to get along just fine!"-Kim

Published May 1st 2019 by Four Petal Press

To ask other readers questions about B is for Barista, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about B is for Barista

Melanie Jacobson
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brenna Jacobs books are pure fun. I laughed out loud several times when I read this one. In B is for Barista, the characters are quirky, the jokes fly fast, and Ivy Morehouse is full of heart and hilarity. It's a well-constructed escapist delight.
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, romance, reviewed
This story is pretty cute! The coffeehouse setting is fun as well as Bentley's secret identity. I found his vulnerability and self-consciousness in Velvet Undergrounds surprising since he's at home in the much more intimidating setting of a corporate boardroom. Ivy really catches him off guard and makes him curious about what makes her tick. The chemistry wasn't all there for me, but I enjoyed their interactions and the anticipation of what would happen when his identity was revealed. The manner ...more
Susan K
Romance, clean; Series but stand alone read
Ivy and Ben's romance is a lovely, fun, heartfelt, emotional romp! Ivy is a fun, sassy character with a huge heart and fun sense of style. Ben's awkwardness as he starts working in the coffee shop, and his quick fall for Ivy's genuine, honest heart, and sassy persona was lovely, sweet, and oh so satisfying. Ben character with his genuine, honest heart, kindness and character as he faced his corporate dilemmas, made for a wonderful H.
The dramatic tensio
Cathy
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These books in The ABC’s of Love series are so much fun! I read A is for Author last month and loved it. So this month I borrowed B is for Barista. I’m glad I did, I loved everything about it.

Ivy is trying to make ends meet at her two jobs in Phoenix. She works as a CNA at a local nursing home and as a Barista at Velvet Undergrounds Coffee. I loved the way she was with the sweet elderly people. She cares fiercely about them and what happens to them. But Ivy has so many layers. She’s a bit of a r
victoria_tonks
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fabulously fluffy, with interesting characters. Wrapped up perhaps a bit too easily and quickly, but still, lots of fun. Just what I needed.
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Cute

Its cute. It's light. It's sweet. It's short. A good poolside afternoon read. Alternating points of view. Happily ever after.
Cindy
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute third book by Brenna Jacobs. Ivy is a fun heroine--cute and edgy. Ben is adorable as he tries to learn the ropes at the coffee shop without letting on that he's actually the founder of the whole chain. I loved his growth arc as he changes from letting other people make all of the decisions and starts realizing that he needs to pay attention to who is being impacted by those decisions.
Ru4repeat
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"One hundred percent? Those are hard odds to argue with."

I may not be 100% in love with this book, but it is certainly very close. There were so many laugh out loud moments and when you couple that with the tender glances, kindness, and a little sassiness, this book was hard to put down. It was interesting to read about the two personas that Ivy maintains, while watching Ben go through similar adjustments.
On a steaminess level I would rate this a hot PG.
Desiree
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I give it 4 stars because I like the writing. I liked the supporting characters & H. The h wasn't my favorite she had quite the prejudice and chip on her shoulder about the wealthy that didn't seem to get resolved. Admittitedly we get her back story which makes since why she's so prideful and unforgiving. However, I think the H disproves her broad brushed assumptions but pride gets the h in trouble. I will read C for cowboy.
LeeAnn
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE Brenna Jacobs' books! This was really fun. I loved Ivy as a quirky character, and how deep inside she was amazing, and how she kept herself busy with things that mattered the most. It also helped that there was a handsome someone that also appreciated her company! Great job Brenna Jacobs! I can't wait to read the next one in this series!
Ljones
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great story!

I love that this books centers around a coffee shop. Ivy has to train a new employee. Bentley is learning new things, so he goes to work at a chain coffee shop. But he is hiding a big secret. What will happen when Ivy finds out the truth? I can't wait to read the other books in this series.
D'anah
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun

It was a good read. The story was well done, the characters interesting and believable. I live coffee, so the setting was enticing. Most of all, I enjoyed Lucille and her ways. She made it for me. The ending was a great turn around from corporate dollar to caring for others too. Well done.
Heather
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun read

I really liked the chemistry between the two characters. The story itself isn’t too surprising, but what makes it enjoyable is the fresh, complex people living in the pages of the story. I want to spend an afternoon with Lucille!
Leslie
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
I LOVE all of Melanie Jacobson's books and this was so boring, I couldn't get into it and didn't finish it. I got to 30% and every time I picked it up I fell asleep. Nothing urged me to continue or grabbed my interest.

Quite disappointed as I loved the first two in the series.
Karen
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. The main characters were very different but worked well together. I also really liked some of the other characters.

Content: clean
Melody
May 09, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a cute, amusing story, but it didn't flow quite right. It was an easy escapist read that I mostly enjoyed, though.

Content: clean. No profanity or sex.
Sue Stinnett
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

This is a sweet clean romance with a tad of Undercover Boss feel! She's a barista in charge of training the new guy who is way out of his comfort zone.
George
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fast, fun read

I like the concept of the alphabet stories. A breezy story, with relatable characters. I will read more in this series when they are published.
Nina
Jul 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Loved this more than the first book in the series. Clever storyline and concept.
Lydia
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another delightful novel by Brenna. I love that her characters banter before falling in love. Its fun to see a romance between two unlikely characters.
Kim Golding
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun read! I loved everything about this book!
Kami Glick
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you're looking for a light, fun read, this is it. It's full of wit, charm, and delightful voice.
Shauna Zaugg
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
So good!

Lighthearted and engaging story!! Great characters. I felt for poor Bentley, but loved his and Ivy’s story and can’t wait to read C is for Cowboy!
HLS
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightful

I smiled all the way through this book. The characters were well developed and the pacing was solid. I can’t wait for the next book in the series to come out!
Vibliophile
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I only just discovered this author last week when I read the first book in this series, "A is for Author", so I was delighted to see that the next book was already available & jumped right on it.

Ivy is an interesting character. Despite Lexus's snark about her being a 'goth throwback chick', Ivy really does actually seem to do her own thing & live life on her own terms - following trends she likes & ignoring those she doesn't. Basically, she's herself rather than an image she's create
Chalon Linton
Jessica Arrowood
Jul 14, 2019
Christina Tarbet
May 08, 2019

The ABCs of Dating (2 books)
  • A is for Author (The ABCs of Dating)