Start by marking “Damien's Promise (Vengeance Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Damien's Promise (Vengeance Trilogy, #1)

Damien's Promise

(Vengeance Trilogy #1)

Welcome to our corner of the underworld
where everything you love
can and will be used
to destroy you.

*****

She didn't just fall into the lap of the most ruthless criminal organization.
She crashed our party.

Bruised, battered, and broken - this innocent soul begged us to shed blood on her behalf.

For justice.
Retribution.
Vengeance.

Sweet, pure Adriana is the angel who was
Published June 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Damien's Promise, please sign up.
Vic Tyler It was a little late due to some technical difficulties, but DAMIEN'S PROMISE IS NOW LIVE!!!
YAY!…more
YAY!(less)

Start your review of Damien's Promise (Vengeance Trilogy, #1)
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC received by author in exchange for an honest review!

With the prologue I got scared, it gave me the fantasy feeling. I don't know why but I kept picturing Batman on a roof.. Why did this scare me? Because I love my romance more than I enjoy fantasy. Even though I enjoyed em in the past. But that stayed with the prologue. Even though I got a bit of a feeling that it took a bit to long with the explanations in the beginning.

I really enjoyed it and I got sucked into the story. If that wasn't cle
Vic Tyler
Jun 02, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

Get ready to delve into the deep and dark world of Venti, where only the merciless survive.

Add Damien's Promise to your TBR now
Chloe Adams
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Damien it’s a badass!
Adriana is amazing!

The fist few chapters were all about setting the scenes, they were a bit long
But totally worth the wait to get into the storyline.
Once I got into the book I couldn’t put it down! It was amazing really!
All the characters have there own personalities and stand out in there own.
I love a book that has a dark side end this definitely does , Damien is such a mess with this whole revenge/ love situation but I'm sure he's going to sort all that out and I live
Nova
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a safe, sweet fun read this is so not the book for you, this book is darkly brutal and will leave you shocked at times with the twists and turns the characters take. But I honestly loved everything about this book and the journey I have started with both of the main characters. I am voluntarily reviewing an ARC copy of this book. And this story is most definitely not safe and may have triggers.

This didn’t feel like your average mafia book to me and if I am honest the begi
Kandace
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC Generously Provided by Author

I absolutely loved this book!! Wow.

I'm not one to do a little summary of a book in my reviews. But I will say what I loved about it.

The plot was very unique to me. There's not really anything I can compare it to! It definitely has a mafia feel.. but still so different? It's also dark so just make sure you check out the triggers before choosing to read. It would stink if it got a bad review from someone who couldn't handle the content!

The characters were honestly
Kodie Mackay
It's the second book I've read from this author and I'm officially hooked. Seriously it's going to be a problem for my mental health I can just see it. Cliffhangers are not for me. Yet!! I found myself drinking this dark sinful tale up like dehydrated grass patch in the summer. I was all over it like a fucking rash.

I cannot deal.

Dark romance is a hard topic to broach. It's so easy to get wrong, to be chaotic, cheesy or downright gross. There has to be a balance. That fine line of being wrong b
LaToya (Readingbythebayou)
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Damien's Promise is the first book of a trilogy. We learn about the Venti and how the Cardinals and The Twelve control the underworld. Damien has been a part of this underworld since his family was brutally murdered. Damien has been planning to murder Cardinal Westlake for years. He's becoming stronger and lethal to reach his goal. A chink is thrown his way by Adriana a girl he feels protective over. She reminds him of his sister who died. Damien looks out for her thinking that the Twelve and ot ...more
〰️Beth〰️
Wow....next please

Some how imagine Meghan March, Titan, and Rachel Van Dyken ‘s “Eagle Elite” series mixed together with some added psychopaths and you might get close to understanding the wonderful work this book is.

No Spoilers

Vic Tyler did an amazing job of creating an “underground” world of characters that the reader in turn could, love, hate, cheer, boo and beg for more. I would absolutely read a book about each of the “Western 12”. This is just the first in the trilogy but I can only hope
B. C. Booklover
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vic Tyler is the author of several beautifully written romances that I've had the pleasure of enjoying this year. The Vengeance Series, beginning with this new release, Damien's Promise, is her 1st foray into another, quite different genre, dark. I LOVE DARK!!! Can I just say- WOW- she's hit a grand slam, out of the ball park with Damien's Promise.

Damien, is a strong, smart and hardened 18 year old hitman at the beginning of this intricately crafted underworld themed story where danger lurks in
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book and was honored to have been able to read and review. It was such a phenomenal read and had amazing characters as well as an amazing story line. I just could not get enough of it and once I started reading it I could not put it down. I recommend that you read it.
"I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book."
Ally *Wasted Life Books & Romance*
A Dark Twisty Story with a Slow Burn Romamce

This story is new territory for Vic, and it was amazing! Damien was raised to be an immoral assassin after his own family and life were ripped away from him! His backstory was heartbreaking as was Adriana!

The world development is fascinating and descriptive! The system of the underground is full of psychos and sociopaths. The development of this world stylistically reminded me of Samantha Shannon’s The Bone Season (which j love & adore), but there is
Zainab M.
Jun 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Damien's Promise was a gritty and dark read for me. It was annihilating and addicting at the same time. God, I loved Damien as much as I hated him for his foolish behavior. Kudos to Adrianna for her portrayal of a strong force ready to bring downca fucker like Damien to his knees.

Initially I was quite skeptical of this book but I am so glad to pick it up eventually. It was sexy, dangerous, triggering and pushed all the buttons in a right way.

Yes, I felt certain things unnecessarily included or m
Lisa  Lyle
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is very dark and as lots of triggers I found myself sucked infrom the very beginning to see how it planned out adriana winterfell is thrusted in to this ugly world after witnessing the brutal murder of her family heal bent on revenge seeks help from cardinal Westlake the leading mobsters to the little did she know she would be under the protection of damien who is just as broken and hell bent on Revenge and promises to protect her at all cost and help her get out of this life style but ...more
Anna Theurer (Anna's Bookshelf)
I wasn’t entirely sure what to expect when I downloaded this book as Vic Tyler is a new-to-me author, but I was completely blown away with the intricate storyline and the quality of this author’s writing. Vengeance is dark, twisted, and full of action and suspense which is sure to keep you entertained until the very end and leave you craving for more. Admittedly, it took me a few chapters to really get into the book, but I believe that was more of my mindset than the author’s writing. Once I got ...more
Beyond The Covers Blog
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: celeste
Being the first book in the Vengeance Trilogy, Damien’s Promise is a violent, scarring look into the seedy underbelly of the criminal world.  With murder and destruction on almost every page this book promises to hold the readers attention.  There were several trigger warnings that I felt were not necessary as there were not specific details given in the more horrific crimes.  This book does not start out hot and heavy but takes awhile for a natural affection to develop among the broken characte ...more
Aliana Milano
Exactly the kind of dark romance I've been craving for a while now!

I don't know what I was expecting when I started my ARC of Damiens Promise by Vic Tyler - an author I'd never read before and that was completely new to me. But WOW, did she knock this out of the park! Damien's Promise is probably my best dark read of 2019 so far.

"Weakness is fatal. Those words are more than a warning.
They are a threat.
They are law."

Set in a crime underworld where pain, punishment and bloodshed is relig
Nikki
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: troubled-heros, taboo
ARC received by author in exchange for an honest review!

Okay so at first I wasn't to sure about this book, I just couldn't get into it I was about 25% of the way in before I was like okay I'm liking this now.

Damien of Damien I'm really really really loving this man.

West I knew right from the get go who he was had him nailed from the beginning and when it all came out I did the happy dance and was like oh yeah I knew it.

Oh I also really really loved Kitty I love a twisted mind and I can see myse
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
I’m so blown away by this book.
Vic Tyler is a new author for me but officially a one click!
The beginning is complex and loaded with a lot of information/backstory...be patient.
Once you get passed that, it takes off. The world building is awesome. The characters are deep, complicated and so real.
Heed the trigger warnings..dark reads are my jam so it was heavenly bliss for me.
I highly recommend you giving this read a try.
~BREAKDOWN OF RATINGS~
Plot~ 5/5
Main Characters (hero/heroine)~ 5/5
Secondary
Christine
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC review I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. 10 stars awesome story damien costa now damien zephyrus wants revenge for his family joins the western faction of the venti deviants assassin's . Under West the cardinal Westlake. there is kitty, the butcher, richter, the chameleon, jura, turan, Andre the gaint, ubo, And two others of the 12 assassins . When adriana wintrehall a 13 yr old girl enters there hall asking for revenge against the men th ...more
Ewa
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book of a series and is not a complete story on its own.
Damien is part of a mafia group .They train many of them from young age. His family was killed by mafia,so they took him under their wings.
Adriana ,the same happened to her. Her whole family was attacked and murdered in front of her . They turn her to the sex slave.
Yes,it’s sick.
Adriana and Damien growing up together and learn to care and protect her. She had a big crush on him.
This is a really interesting story ,it will
Cheryl   Graham-Petit
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Damien's Promise is the first book in the Vengeance Trilogy by Vic Tyler. This well written, fast-paced, edge of your seat dark romance thriller will have you turning the pages to see how the story unfolds. Damien's Promise is full of suspense, action, twists and turns, revenge, redemption, danger, violence, steamy sex, and so much more.

I volunteered to review an advance reader copy of this book.
Brooke
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC Received From The Author For An Honest Review

I thought the first half of the book went by really slowly but the second half of the book was fast paced and exciting. I would give the first half of the book 3 stars and the second half 4 stars. I wanted there to be more romance from the two main characters. The book ends on a cliffhanger so I would definitely read the second book to see where Vic takes the characters.
Jeanne
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book of a series and is not a complete story on its own. Damien is part of a mafia group that trains many of them from children. His family was killed when he was young and he was put into training. Adriana is a child whose whole family was attacked and murdered in front of her and then she was abused as a sex slave. This has several years of Adriana growing up (with a huge crush on Damien) and Damien learning to care about her, but protect her. This is a really interesting sto ...more
Bookbytch5 janet Gray
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book to read from Vic have to say I absolutely loved it from start to finish. Loved Damien and Adrianne story. It's dark and twisted that will draw you in that will have you flipping to the next page to see what will happen next. Plus fill with some steamy moments. Cant say any more with give you spoilers and i dont do them. A must read,I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced readers copy. Bring on the next one Vic

Warning cliffhanger
Monique Hebert
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is a well written complicated story. I enjoyed reading it. The only thing lacking for me is the hot sex scenes and the actual romance. The chemistry and romance is on the edge but lacking. This fairly long book should have lots of heated scenes and the romance should be more prominent rather than just in the background out of reach. This is of course my personal preference.
Karin
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read a few books by Vic Tyler and this is absolutely my favorite one. It’s a change of pace from what I’ve read from her previously cause this one was darker then I’ve seen her write and was much more gritty and intense. I hope I get much more like this one in the near future!

I voluntarily reviewed a advanced readers copy of this book
Deb
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A brutal and mind-blowing book that ends in a cliffhanger but the action is so intense, it was a welcome one :). I'm so looking forward to the next book because I love the twisted way the author wrote this book. It wasn't the violence or the horrific details that got me. It was the subtle nuances of secrets, deceit, betrayal and mystery that plays out in every scene in the story making you wonder just who really is pulling the strings making everyone in this book a puppet serving the master. Thi ...more
Jean Dewsbury
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Venti controls all the factions of the crime families North South East and West the only way out is death. Damien is one of 12 high ranking in the West syndicate who is one of the dangerous unfeeling mercenaries who has been given the task of watching over and protecting Adrianna a 12year broken abused surviour from a wealthy shady family from the deviants and the Vent.

The characters are complex their back stories are sad, brutal and as the story continues you understand the depths of depravity
Nate
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved Damien & Adrienne's story. Good characters. I couldn't put it down. It's dark & a bit twisted. Also ends on a cliffhanger...can't wait for more. I'm voluntarily leaving an honest review for a copy of the book via an arc program. ...more
Kim Whitehead
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
First time to read this author and I must say I was surprised! Enjoyable read! Dark and gritty! Exciting and intense! Has me curious about what’s to come? Looking forward to the next installment!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• A Debt Repaid (The Debt Duet, #2)
  • Daddy Me
  • A Debt Owed (The Debt Duet, #1)
  • Ryder (Hellbound Lovers MC, #0.1)
  • Beast Daddy (Once Upon a Daddy, #6)
  • Greed  (The Elite Seven, #7)
  • Shameless (Sinful Surrender Quartet #4)
  • Provoked (Benson Siblings #1)
  • Brent & Brie (The One I Want #2)
  • Max
  • Fallen Saint (All The Pretty Things, #2)
  • Heart of the Mountain
  • One More Song
  • Sugar Daddy (Forever Daddies, #4)
  • Redemption (Cavalieri Della Morte #10)
  • Share Me
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • XOXO I Love You (I Love You #1)
See top shelves…
Vic Tyler is a new author of contemporary romance novels.

She likes to think she weaves intricate stories about complex characters who come to life, but that's the roundabout way of saying she writes too much and overshoots her estimated word count by 45%.
(See? Concision is very hard for her.)
So if you want a fantastic (and very hot) bang for your buck, you came to the right place.

When she's not wr