Start by marking “Parental Guidance (Ice Knights, #1)” as Want to Read:
Parental Guidance (Ice Knights, #1)

Parental Guidance

(Ice Knights #1)

All I want is to play hockey on the Ice Knights, instead, I’m in a viral video for all the wrong reasons and my mom—yes, my mom—has taken over my dating apps. Then, when I think it can’t get any worse, the fates deliver Zara Ambrose, a five-feet-nothing redhead with more freckles than inches and who’d rather be anywhere other than on a date with me.

Now a bet with her
Published June 17th 2019 by Independently published (first published May 31st 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Parental Guidance, please sign up.
Sarah ask your local public library to add it to their collection. you can request they purchase either the print or the eBook.

Start your review of Parental Guidance (Ice Knights, #1)
Jen
3.5 Stars

When you’ve tried everything you can to meet people, but you still haven’t found that elusive hottie you’d not only like to see naked but also makes you want to share your feelings and stuff? Whatcha going to do?

Sign up for a dating service that lets your parents chose your dates for you!

That’s the less than enviable spot Zara and Caleb find themselves in at the beginning of Parental Guidance.

As a defenseman for the Ice Knights, Caleb has done everything he can to make hockey his
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

After being introduced to the Ice Knights in Tomboy I was hoping with all hope that we would get to see these guys again. So I pretty much squealed and then jumped on the chance to read this book as soon as I learned there was going to be a series for these players. And then once I got my hands on it I pretty much devoured it in one sitting. I'm not even sorry because this story was brilliant.

I loved Zara and her take-no-crap attitude. She made no apologies for who
Robin (Bridge Four)
What an adorable story. Sometimes when life is a little on the crazy and emotional side, I love to just dig into something fun and light. This totally fit that bill. It was cute, funny and just a little bit zany. The characters are easy to like with both good and bad qualities to them that made them all the more human and you could see how well they fit together.

I loved the premise to this. Caleb, got caught in the middle of some hockey guys talking smack about women that their friendly uber
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
3,5-4 stars

This was a cute read,light hearted and fun read!I really enjoyed it I just felt it was too short in my opinion.I wish we had more.The concept behind the dating app was fun,refreshing and interesting.

I really liked Caleb and Zara they were a great match!She was sassy and he was sexy and cute!

It was an easy and quick read, perfect for summer!

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Avery Flynn has one hell of a wild imagination and it truly came across in Parental Guidance. This was a frantic ride up walls, down zip lines and across slippery ice but it was a ride that I wouldn’t have missed for anything.

Caleb knew he messed up and had no idea how he was going to fix his mess. Thankfully, the Ice Knights have the wonderful Lucy to help fix their messes. What he didn’t count on was his mother Britany, the bad-ass of hockey, to be called in to help. There was no way he was
Syndi
Sep 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book should be re title. Not as Parental Guidance but something like Blind Dating or Arranged Dating or something. Because despite the title Parental Guidance, the parents play a minor role here. Caleb's mother signing up Caleb for blind dating. Enter Zara. The rule: 5 dates then they go separate way. And as predicted, Caleb and Zara falls in love with each other.

The story itself is the signature of Miss Flynn works. A lot of character development, a dash of funny dating experience and
Tracy  C
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute! I enjoyed this quite a lot and I absolutely loved Anchovy!! Caleb and Zara both struggle with being "forced" to date. Neither want a relationship and come up with some rules to avoid it. The rules don't work. This was a good solid read and just missed a 5 for me because I just could not fully connect with Zara. She seemed harsh/angry one minute and then giggly and adorable the next.
Sam (AMNReader)
A perfectly sweet romance with an arranged relationship (blind/online dating) for reputation on part of a not-star but professional hockey player and a miniature artist. This was my first Avery Flynn and apparently I landed smack-dab in the middle of a spin off of multiple series, but oh well.

Instead of slut-shaming here, we got the flip side: consequences of slut-shaming and a bit of a soapbox on alla that. Kind of an antidote to my breakup book w/ Helena Hunting : Pucked Over

Nothing
Siobhan
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Parental Guidance is the first book in Avery Flynn’s Ice Knights series, a spin-off from her Hartigans series. Although it is not necessary to read the Hartigans books first, I do recommend reading them for a lot of fun. When you reach the end of Tomboy, the third book in the series, you’ll be desperate for more of the Ice Knights. Therefore, whilst it’s not necessary to read one to enjoy the other I do recommend reading both series.

In truth, I did not enjoy Parental Guidance as much as I
Sharon
Here are some of my thoughts:
• I liked Caleb. He was so kind and sweet to Zara. I loved all the bits of character building with his mom being a coach and a hard-ass and his dyslexia and trauma from that one teacher. I felt like his character was built considerably well because those bits showed why he always took on everything and why he was insecure with a crowd.
• Zara was a bit irritating at times with her “realistic, no dreams” tirade. However, it also made sense considering her character
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.25 Stars / 4 Steam Fans

Caleb is a hot shot hockey player that gains some bad PR when his teammates have a video go viral while talking about the women they have slept with. As a PR improvement campaign Caleb allows his mother to choose his date through a dating app and have his reactions filmed after each date. Zara is encouraged by her friend to sign up for the same dating app with the possibility of gaining exposure for her art. During Zara and Caleb's first date they come to an agreement
Lindsay
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
While this is a new series, it's set in the same town as most of the other Avery Flynn books and functions pretty well as a sequel to Tomboy. But if you're new to this writer, this is a good place to start, as these are mostly standalone.

In this we have Caleb Stuckey, a hockey player and memorable character from the previous book, and artist Zara Ambrose. They end up fake-dating in a publicity stunt setup by their parents.

You know the drill: fake-dating is one of the most heavily repeated themes
Susan (susayq ~)
This was a fun, easy read! I loved Zara and Caleb. I didn't quite get why he was the one who got in all the trouble for the video since he never opened his mouth, but I loved the result of his punishment :)
Lisa Mandina
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had such a perfectly hilarious and adorable meet-cute. The banter, the situations, all of it were so much fun! I couldn't help but really fall in love with both main characters as well as the side characters that helped to make everything happen. Like I loved Zara's dad and his little commercials he wrote for different companies and schools, etc., whenever he would go on the interviews about Zara and Caleb's dates. I had a little trouble at times getting Caleb's mom, but I did like how ...more
Erin Lewis
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Star Review Parental Guidance (Ice Knights #1) by Avery Flynn

Avery Flynn is a new author to me and I have no idea why that is. So when the opportunity to read and review book one in a new series came up, I jumped at the chance.

Caleb Stuckey plays for the Ice Knights, it’s all he wants to do. He has been using a dating app but when a situation turns in to a PR nightmare he knows that he’s in trouble. When his mother takes over the app, she chooses Zara Ambrose for his next five dates. Zara has
Randi (randi_reads)
Jun 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Thank you to Entangled Publishing and NetGalley for an electronic ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Caleb is a hockey player who needs to clean up his image and Zara wants to help her dad out and get her best friend off of her back, so they agree to five dates with Bramble, where their parents choose who they date. It’s a cute romance with an awesome dog, too. I felt that Caleb was a great character, but something about Zara bothered me. Great banter between them, but a typical romance. This
Kimberly Kowalski
I love romance novels. I love hockey. This seemed like a match made in heaven...sadly not the book for me. 2.5 Stars

I did not like Zara, I kept hoping her character would grow on me but the best I can say for her is that I didn't HATE her by the end of the book.

I hated the constant neverending reminders of the 'atrocity' Caleb committed. (view spoiler)
dumbells
Dec 01, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So this is part of a series… Yeah, no. h Never had orgasm with a dude till this guy shows up? Not that trope again… I mean there is better ways to cement sexual and other kind of connections between characters.. Don’t have to go for that whole “no one undresses me with their eyes like you do” drama..
Mia
Oct 18, 2019 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
DNF @ 60%

This book is so bad. There is no connection and no chemistry between characters whatsoever.
Lori R.
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this! It was cute, it was funny, and sexy where it needed to be.

Zara...such a sassy and snarky, red-headed spitfire...not afraid to tell it like it is.

Caleb...so sexy, caring, looks at the bright side of everything... and he says the swooniest things!

Both of them sign up for the Bramble dating app.
Their parents get to choose who they go on five dates with.

Five dates.
That’s it.
Five and done.

Both are using those 5 dates as a way to get something... not a relationship
dani
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
who isn't a sucker for books based on fake dating??? because i certainly am!!!
it was short but every single page left you looking forward to the other. both characters were very easy to adore which made me want to read even faster!
caleb, who is stuck in this deal because of a mistake he made; meets zara, who is also being forced into this mess. at the first meeting they come up with a deal and a set of rules, 5 dates and no more, but as time progresses, they both become easily enthralled with
Shanda
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Caleb has been roped into using a dating app by his mother to get out of a PR nightmare. Zara has been roped in to the dating app by her best friend. Neither are happy to be doing this but after they meet Zara and Cable agree to continue the required five dates to get it over with. Of course, as with any rom com their plans fail spectacularly.

Caleb and Zara were very likeable characters. I didn’t get why they had to stick to the rules so hard. But I also didn’t think Caleb’s viral flub
Kim
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I could not put Parental Guidance down!! Zara and Caleb’s story started in a way I’d never read before and I’m HERE for it. I LIVE for a good fake relationship and let me tell you, THIS is one of the best I’ve read. I love the interaction between Zara and Caleb, the slow burn was on point and their chemistry was off the charts. This book is an excellent start to a new series and I cannot wait for more!!
Selma
Nov 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Michelle
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a fun read. Great characters and a unique storyline. Loved Anchovy. Cannot wait to read the next book, thanks to the glimpse at the end.
Heather andrews
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zara tends to just spit things out, “no,” she said, fanning her face with her hands, but the movement didn’t do anything to lessen the redness of her cheeks. “I’m not a virgin, and no, there is nothing wrong with being a virgin. I just don’t happen to be one.” Caleb tends to always tease about things, “so polite for someone who wants to see me naked so badly.” He flipped off his shoes and unbuttoned his jeans." I liked this book, I liked Caleb.
Anas Attic  Book Blog

Parental Guidance (Ice Knights 1) by Avery Flynn
Narrated by Tim Paige
RomCom, 1st Standalone in a Related Series
I love the cover for Parental Guidance by Avery Flynn . It wasn’t on my TBR, but I got a really cute box in the mail that included this book and I loved the blurb, so I grabbed the audiobook when I saw it was in the Audible Escape Package.

Caleb is a hockey player who is next in line for team captain. But when a viral video of his younger teammates talking crap about all the puck
Rachel
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am extremely lucky to have read Parental Guidance early and let me say this, YOU NEED THIS BOOK IN YOUR LIFE! Parental Guidance is Avery Flynn at her best.

Fair warning, this book will cause full on belly laughs, hot flashes, feels, possible giggle snorting (okay, that’s all me I couldn’t help it) more hot flashes (serious it’s hot) and a whole new appreciation of finding your own dates.

A fuller review to come after another read because I can’t wait to dive back into Caleb and Zara’s story
Cassandra
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
BEFORE READING: Okay can we talk about how all these new romance covers are BEAUTIFUL? I'm loving them.

AFTER READING: ALRIGHT WELL this was not my absolute favourite ever but honestly, thank god for it? I felt myself falling deep into a rut and this kinda caught me a little bit. I loved the entire concept of the dating app and the overall story was super fun. I LAUGHED, I LAUGHED MORE. I ENJOYED A LOT. It was wonderful. I did feel like it was missing something, so I can't give it five stars. But
Melissa
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was ridiculous. The entire plot was based on a five dates and done rule for NO reason. but the MCs complained throughout the entire book that after their dates were over, they couldn’t be with each other anymore...WHY!!? YOU made the stupid rule so break it! And be with each other! BYE. Two stars only bc I actually finished this fing mess and I reserve one stars for DNF. This book was recommended by Goodreads and I can confidently say that was a first and last recommendation.

• Kiss Me Tonight (Kiss Me, #2)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery #1)
  • Kiss Me Not (Kiss Me, #1)
  • Kiss Me Again (Kiss Me, #3)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • How to Lose a Fiancé
  • The Accidental Girlfriend
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • Making Up (Shacking Up, #4)
  • Handle With Care (Shacking Up, #5)
  • Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #2)
  • Superfan (Brooklyn, #3)
  • Moonlighter (The Company, #1)
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Outmatched

Ice Knights (3 books)
  • Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)
  • Loud Mouth (Ice Knights, #3)
“I don’t mind being me. No one else can do it better.” 1 likes