Start by marking “Concerto (North Security, #2)” as Want to Read:
Concerto (North Security, #2)

Concerto

(North Security #2)

The spotlight lands on Samantha Brooks. Years of practice build to the opening night of a global tour. She plays her heart out, but there are darker forces underneath the stage.

There are eyes watching from the wings.

Liam North fights to keep her safe with every weapon he owns. She’s his greatest pride—and his greatest weakness. The danger comes from somewhere no one
Published May 14th 2019 by Skye Warren (first published May 9th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Concerto, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Concerto

Start your review of Concerto (North Security, #2)
KFForever
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
kfforever

5-stars+ ~ Reviewed by Sharon Thérèse at KindleFriendsForever

I honestly didn’t think Warren would be able to surprise me even more than she'd already had in Overture, but with her wicked penmanship, she’s done it again and very well indeed. Ooh my, the surges of exuberance and angst in vividly described scenes had me sitting on the edge of my seat, and the cliffy... it’s excruciatingly frustrating. Waiting for Sonata, the last book in the North Security Series releasing this summer
Kissimmee
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
~ Books & Magic Shop Reviews ~

Skye Warren literally did it to me AGAIN.

The more I step into the world that Samantha and Liam live in, the more emotional and distraught I become. But not in a bad way, no! Skye Warren has a talent in taking what could’ve been simple forbidden love and manipulating and crafting it into something TWISTY and EXHILARATING.

Overture was an amazing read that went above and beyond my expectations when coming in for the first time. Concerto has completely FLOORED me.
Stephanie (Bookfever)
After finishing this book I had this intense feeling of happiness. This wasn't because I was glad I had finished reading but because I enjoyed it so much. It's been a long time since I had this feeing and that truly made me happy. A book like Concerto is exactly why I love reading.

Just like with the first book I loved that once again music played a big part in the story. This also made me realize I really enjoy books that are about or involve music in some way. There was so much more of
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
My amazement has just reached the next level. I’m not joking. I got so caught up in Samantha and Liam’s story that I can’t think about anything else. I’m enchanted by Skye Warren’s words, like a fan of classical music is enchanted with the sounds of instruments and I can’t wait for the grand finale to give the author a standing ovation. Concerto is full of suspense, surprising twists and passion pours out of the pages of this incredible book. Sit down comfortably, because you will not be able to ...more
Sammy ❤️Just Let Me Read Blog ❤️

"He was more than my guardian- he was the axis around which I spun."

Concerto was a sexy and suspenseful story that continues Liam and Samantha's passionate journey. This book was even more intense than the last one, filled to the brim with raw angst and explosive suspense.

"A violin is not a thing- not to someone who plays like me. It's moody and emotional and mysterious. That's what Liam is to me."

There was so much tension in this book and I loved every bit of it. The danger surrounding Samantha
Saira Moodley (BookedMercy)
Arc provided in exchange for an honest review

“There’s no denying the obsession I have for Samantha Brooks. No denying the pleasure and the pain that climbs my cock as I pump into her endless, forever.”

Omg finally the second book.. and let me tell you, I DEVOURED Concerto .. read it in one sitting.. no pee break even.. and I freaking loved it. I need a Liam in my life ..

This story picks up right where Overture left us, with Samantha leaving Liam to go on tour and the readers finding out
Sue's Romance Reviews
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This was an extraordinary second book in the North Security trilogy. From the very beginning the angst is like a music string being tightened as it’s being tuned. The angst ratcheting and the passion exploding. Concerto has all the elements of an extraordinary romantic suspense story. Simply gripping. A lot sinful!

Samantha is finally on her own. Preparing for her upcoming concert, she believes she will remain in the shadows. But with the ever present threat to her life and her new role in
PP's Bookshelf
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My heart really can't take the torture anymore. I have been holding breath throughout Concerto by Skye Warren. My heart has stopped and started so many times that I can't count. Concerto was an almost religious experience for me. The music flowed from the pages to my body. The devastating passion and heartbreaking emotions were too intense and just perfection.

This story is so much more than an age gap forbidden romance between the violin genius and the special force security specialist. This is
Beyond The Covers Blog
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: celeste
Three things that go great together; music, love and sex!Concertois the second book in this trilogy, and it is unbelievable.Overtureis a must read to follow along in Concerto but… oh the story line is amazing. With great characters and a lot of action this book is a real page turner and is impossible to put down!Concertois more than 5-stars worth of reading and I highly recommend it.
Samantha Brooks has left the North Securities compound to start a world tour that she has been hired to perform
Dar
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good – I mean, it was, I need to sleep and am so tired, but I stayed up until 4 am to finish it good. You know in a trilogy, the second book is sometimes that wonderful creamy centre, big on decadence, high on gooey goodness, but without a lot of substance to fill you up? Yeah, the is NOT the case here, because this book is better than the first, this book doesn’t even feel like it is in a trilogy, it is a complete, hair-raising, edge-of-your-seat-sitting, ...more
Babel
This is so much more than I could have imagined. Overture and Concerto are two masterpieces in a row.

I really found myself loving every word, every scene. Beautiful writing, haunting even, especially when exposing the keen poetry of music and violin performances, or the bittersweet tragedy of impossible love.

How can a writer manage to make an intimate scene both lustful and sacred?

I’ve been vibrating with sensual energy all throughout the pages. Atmospheric, this second part is intensely felt,
Dirty Little Secret Book Blog
Writing: 5/5
Characters: 5/5 in lust w Liam
Story: 5/5 unique premise but Skye makes it work
Steaminess: 4/5
Romance: 4/5 if you like control and possession (which we do)
Tone: tense, taboo, suspenseful, brooding

We thought we couldn't fall harder for Samantha & Liam. We were wrong! A gripping story filled with action and twists you never see coming. The connection between Samantha and Liam is intense. We loved Overture, but Concerto is PERFECTION. The story kept us hooked into the wee hours of
Skye Warren
May 14, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
CONCERTO IS LIVE NOW

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2V9YZ96
International: http://bit.ly/2H840tK
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/2VirpO9
Apple Books: https://apple.co/2UcFPPA
Kobo: http://bit.ly/2UewUgh

The danger comes from somewhere no one expected. Betrayal threatens to destroy everything he’s built. His business. His family. His life.

When the curtain falls, only one of them will be left
Isabella.R
4 Crescendo Stars

Concerto is the second book in the North Security Trilogy. The story of child prodigy violinist Samantha and guardian Liam North picks up from their separation in book one ‘Overture’.

Although the pair have previously acknowledged their feelings, Liam has never been able to accept them being together. The age difference, their guardian/ward relationship and the secrets he’s been carrying keeps them apart.

For the first time, 18 year old Samantha is performing alone in the real
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“She brings out the wild animal in me, the beast that doesn’t care about laws or morality. She’s mine and I want the world to know it".

We wanted it, we practically craved it, and we got it. The highly anticipated second part of the North Security Series delivered some gasp moments, new drama, powerful comebacks and let’s not forget the passionate and hot as heck off the charts connection with the main characters. If you were thinking that this was going to be more tame than the first book,
Jen
I just got back from my holidays... so review to come!
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Audiobook review. I think my chief complaint with this series is going to be the build up. It’s not necessarily a bad thing but the anticipation for seeing how Samantha and Liam figure themselves out is KILLING me.

I like seeing how Samantha is building her confidence and growing. Liam seems to be hot and cold yet more sure of his feelings despite that. There’s an added twist in this book that added a stronger suspenseful element and hiked up the action.

Teddy Hamilton did a wonderful job
Bookgasms Book Blog
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
After that ending in Overture I have been on pins and needles waiting for the opportunity to read Concerto, the much anticipated follow up to book and let me just say it did not disappoint. Samantha and Liam and their connection had the powerful punch Skye Warren's book always pack as it left me gasping for air and wanting more in the same breath.

Violin prodigy, Samantha Brooks, has left the sanctity of Liam North's protection and is now on a world tour, spreading her wings. But when danger is
Andra
Feb 19, 2019 marked it as to-read
I've read Overture and now I can't wait to read Concerto! I'm dying to see how the story of Liam and Samantha progresses!
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Not the ending I was looking for... plus I think another book to come??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I try to stay away from series. I don’t always have the time to go back and read books that I’ve missed. However, I love the writing talents of this author and I really wanted to see what’s happened in this next installment.

A story of a May to December love that was quite scandalous and forbidden. A barely legal love affair to remember is what this series is all about.

With plenty of heated connections,
Book Maniac Forever

4 "Music Wonderland" Stars
After the way I fell in love with Overture, the delicious slow burn forbidden romance that marks the start of the North Security Series, I was highly anticipating the follow up book. Skye Warren, with her wonderful prose, brings passion and emotion into Concerto. She also raises the suspenseful vibe of a few degrees!

"The moment her lips touch mine I'm suffused with music, thousands of notes that she's played for me, a million heartbeats."

Samantha is not under
Cristina
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“The moment her lips touch mine I’m suffused with music, thousands of notes that she’s played for me, a million heartbeats.”

I loved the second book in this series!
Concerto was full of mystery and secrets that needed to be discovered. I loved how Samantha changed from the first book to the second. In this particular book, she was bold and faced the danger and her fears. I have no idea what the next book will bring, but please don’t hurt anyone anymore. Because the last part of the book was
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Concerto follows violin prodigy Samantha Brooks right down the rabbit hole as she embarks on her first world tour. Finally aging out of Liam North's custody, the forbidden longing that's burned between her and her guardian evolves into something not quite as taboo as it once was but certainly just as complicated.

This second installment in this Skye Warren series is full of passion and steam, enthralling new characters, and unpredictable twists at every turn. Truly, Samantha Brooks is Alice,
RentasticReads
After reading Overture, I honestly didn’t know what to expect from this one—especially in terms of the storyline. But Skye Warren continues to astound me with her ability to have you hooked and sucked even deeper into a world she creates for the reader. I got lost in Wonderland. I fell into the rabbit hole and there’s no escaping for me until I get that last book. Until I learn all the other truths still hidden in the story and the fate of these two characters.

I still feel voiceless without
book bruin
Audiobook Review

Overall 3.5 stars
Performance 4 stars
Story 3 stars

Concerto is book 2 in the North Security series and should only be read/listened to after Overture. Samantha and Liam's story picks up pretty much where book 1 left off, but overall there isn't a lot of action in the book. There's still angst galore in this taboo age gap romance, but it felt like the majority of the book was spent diving into the emotions and getting to know some of the supporting characters. The biggest surprise
Shyralf
4 Stars! Forbidden romance. Part 2 was so good. Liam and Samantha has such amazing chemistry. I love the intriguing aspect of why she needs protection. Part 3 can’t come fast enough, because we end with another cliffy! ...more
-S♡
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars! Concerto... A book that sings to my soul!
“She brings out the wild animal in me, the beast that doesn’t care about laws or morality. She’s mine, and I want the world to know it.”

Concerto is apart of a trilogy that continues to be a well-written, sensual, emotional, musical and hauntingly beautiful story filled with undeniable passion that sings to my soul!
Denise ☾ Chatterbooks Book Blog ☾
DREAMY’S REVIEW

"He was more than my guardian—he was the axis around which I spun."

I sit here in amazement, in such awe as I devoured the highly anticipated second book in the North Security Series, Concerto, by Skye Warren.

I absolutely needed this book and now it’s here and I love this beautiful world that Warren has created! It’s addictive, page-turning, and you will NOT be able to put this book down for one second!

What Warren writes is pure magic, so poet, and magnificent!

Concerto is
Courtney
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
YES! YES! YES!!

Skye Warren has left me stunned with Concerto. She has me so captivated with this trilogy that I don't want it to end.

I purposely drug out reading this book - it was such a delicious, slow torture for me. It is so enthralling and Skye delivers so much in this book, I could feel myself wanting to devour this book in one sitting but kept myself from doing so.

Concerto is wrapped in sexiness, suspense, tension, passion and twists that I never saw coming. This book is so full of life
Cécile Smits
In true Skye Warren style,the second part of this series is even better than the first and i love it! In spite of that cliffhanger....And that’s how good this story is,because i even love the cliffhanger!

Samantha’s grown from the shy little girl in Overture to a woman that learns to put her foot down and refuse the things she doesn’t want to do. She still wants Liam,though....and seeing how she gets past his barriers is beautiful to watch. Even though he still tries to push her away at times,he

• Obsessed (Tangled Web, #2)
  • Bound (Tangled Web, #3)
  • Twisted (Tangled Web, #1)
  • Devil's Bargain
  • Beautiful Ever After (Beautiful Illusions Duet, #2)
  • Dreams of 18
  • The Skull Crusher (Skull #2)
  • The Skull Ruler (Skull #3)
  • The Wolf and the Sheep (Wolf #1)
  • Entice
  • The Lone Wolf (Wolf #3)
  • The Wolf and His Wife (Wolf #2)
  • Collateral
  • Damage
  • A Single Touch (Irresistible Attraction, #3)
  • The Living Canvas (Master of Trickery Duet, #2)
  • Violent Ends (White Monarch, #2)
  • Eighty-One Nights (Beautiful Illusions Duet, #1)

North Security (3 books)
  • Overture (North Security, #1)
  • Sonata (North Security, #3)
“Are you happy now?” I growl against her throat. “Knowing I broke every rule for you. Knowing I’d do it again. I love you, Samantha, and I hate you for it.” 1 likes
“I want you to see me for who I am now. You’re determined to think I’m helpless. I’m still twelve years old and orphaned to you, so maybe it is wrong for you to fuck me, Liam. If you can’t treat me like a woman then you don’t deserve to keep me. You don’t get to be the hero and the villain.” 1 likes