Start by marking “The Scrooge of Loon Lake (Small-Town Sweethearts #4)” as Want to Read:
The Scrooge of Loon Lake (Small-Town Sweethearts #4)

The Scrooge of Loon Lake

(Small-Town Sweethearts #4)

It’s the most wonderful time of the year…

…with the grumpiest man in town!

The love of his life left him. The navy discharged him. So former lieutenant Des Gallagher sees no reason to celebrate Christmas—now or ever.

Yet when Natalie Pierce shows up on his doorstep, a bright light enters his gloomy existence. As Des shapes her—and her little son’s—world for the better, s
Published November 1st 2019 by Harlequin Special Edition (first published October 21st 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Scrooge of Loon Lake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Scrooge of Loon Lake

Start your review of The Scrooge of Loon Lake (Small-Town Sweethearts #4)
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: october-2019
Okay, so this is the first book I've read in this series but I'm pretty sure I could guess who the other couples are just by reading this one and I will admit I want to read the others now. The writing is great. Flows perfectly, just enough detail to paint a picture but not enough to slow down this short little romance. The characters are great, loved the banter! So all in all this book is great.

Now, let's get to what really got to me in this story. Sam. My daughter is non-verbal because of aut
4 Stars

Review coming soon...
Amary Chapman
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Glass worker and injured veteran Lt. 'Des' Gallagher liked the solitary life he led, actively discouraging those interested in a relationship.
Young widow and mother Natalie Pierce ignores his growling attitude to request his talented hands to supply ornaments for an auction to raise money for a hippotherapy program her son attended. Despite his flat turn down, she kept visiting with her son and little gifts, allowing the spark he felt to grow. The young family is from Nashville and Des he
Margie
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loon Lake is a small town but it is so big in Christmas spirit. They have a lovely tree lighting ceremony for Christmas as well as a big Christmas carnival.

Desmond "Des" Gallagher is a particularly grumpy, Grinchy Scrooge. No Christmas for him! Nothing to do with Christmas for him! Until.... Natalie Pierce and her five-year-old son, Sam stepped into Des' barn where he crafted his glass masterpieces. Natalie's son was severely injured in an accident that killed Sam's father, Natalie's
Lisa Weaver
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this gem of a novel. I was drawn in from the very first sentence, and captivated by every single moment of this heartwarming romance. Author Nichols paints such realistic scenes and shapes incredibly dynamic characters. You’ll find yourself rooting for Des and Natalie to find the happiness they both deserve with one another. This is a treat of a story you must not miss out on, in my humble opinion.
Malvina
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lonely hermit and a bubbly warm widowed mum. Her son has speech issues following the accident that killed her husband. Very tender romance.
Essie M
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s been awhile since I’ve read a Harlequin Special Edition so when I got this ARC it felt like picking up an old favorite. Des Gallagher is the kind of grumpy hero who’s really just a caring and soft dude who’s been battered by life and initially thinks staying away from love, relationships and connections will be safer and less painful. Of course Natalie Pierce and her small son show up to show Des how wrong he is and how much having a family matters to him!

I’m not always a fan of Christmas
Jessica Figueroa
Des is a bit rough around the edges bitter and hardened he feels its better just being alone until Natalie Piece and her son somehow makes their way into his life. Now this scrooge seems to be softening up towards the small family and everyone around.

This was a cute little romance. I enjoyed seeing Natalie kinda barge her way into Des's life I mean everyone in town knows that he's not much a people person and yet can tolerate Natalie and her son. He just fit so nicely into their dyna
Yvonne Cruz
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed the stories in this series and this one did not disappoint.
We are back in a small town in Vermont where Natalie, a young widow, and her son Sam, have moved to start a new life . Lt. Des Gallagher, is the local “grouchy hermit”. The three of them have suffered losses, and are afraid to love. But while one is willing to give love a try, the other doesn’t believe in love .
Watching Natalie, Des and Sam interact was sweet and touching. But what happens when feelings are rev
Harlequin Books