Start by marking “Little Girl Missing (Detective Rachel Hart #1)” as Want to Read:
Little Girl Missing (Detective Rachel Hart #1)

Little Girl Missing

(Detective Rachel Hart #1)

How can a little girl vanish into thin air?

Five-year-old Cassie Bailey’s mother tucked her into bed and kissed her goodnight. This morning she’s missing, her unicorn bedcovers are empty, and her parents are frantic.

DCI Rachel Hart knows that the first few hours after a child goes missing are the most crucial, and that the Baileys are living every parent’s worst nightmare.
Published June 14th 2019 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Little Girl Missing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Girl Missing

Start your review of Little Girl Missing (Detective Rachel Hart #1)
Louise Wilson
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 ⭐️ rounded up to 4

DCI Rachel Hart #1

Naomi's husband had cheated on her five weeks ago, so she threw him out. She refuses to let him or his mother see their daughter Cassie. One morning, on awakening, she discovers that Cassie is notion her bed. At first she does not panic as her daughter has taken to going downstairs to cuddle into the family cat since her parents separation. But Cassie is nowhere to be found. Her best friend Kate tries to console her as DCIRachel Hart and her team begin the
Mandy White
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Little Girl Missing by JG Roberts is the first book in what I hope will be a great new detective series featuring DCI Rachel Hart. It is a very quick read that had me hooked from the start right til the very end. Lately I have been picking the culprits in these types of books but this one had me stumped - which is always a good thing. I look forward to reading more books in this series and learning about DCI Rachel Hart's past. We get a few clues in this book but there is obviously a story to te ...more
Linda Strong
May 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Naomi and Charlie have separated ...actually Naomi threw her husband out when she learned he had a one-night stand with the one woman she could never forgive him for.

Things are bad enough, but their young daughter goes missing sometime during the night. Naomi had given in and taken a sleeping pill to help her sleep and when she finally woke up Cassie was gone. There are signs that Cassie left on her own ... but did she really?

As the days pass with no sighting of Cassie, Detective Rachel Hart sta
Samantha Gonsalves
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
A great start to a gripping new series!
Little Girl Missing is the first book in the DCI Rachel Hart series and is off to a very good start! This book is edgy, compelling and full of twists! It hooks you in from the first page.

When DCI Rachel Hart is called to investigate the disappearance of five-year-old Cassie Bailey, little does she know she's opening up to some memories of a cruel past when her sister disappeared. As the days go by without any leads, Rachel knows that the time is ticking for
Joyce
May 15, 2019 rated it liked it
3 and 1 / 2 stars

Naomi “Noms” Bailey is so blinded by anger, she won't even listen to her husband Charlie's explanation of what really happened in the bar that night. Drama Queen. She throws Charlie out of the house and now five weeks later their five-year-old daughter Cassie is missing. Noms has a melt down, Charlie is trying very hard and Charlie's mum is a gem through it all.

DCI Rachel Hart and her team are on the case. With the parents acting suspiciously, the police follow several false lea
Elaine
What an intriguing story this turned out to be! How could five year old Cassie Bailey disappear from her home during the night? Her parents, already distraught at the breakdown in their own relationship, are frantic for her safe return. However, DCI Rachel Hart who is leading the police investigation knows from personal experience just what a nightmare this situation is. Can she help bring Cassie home safely effectively when her own experience was so traumatic?

This is a real page turner as the s
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Little Girl Missing is the first book in the Detective Rachel Hart series. The author though is not revealing much about Rachel’s past and only gives little glimpses of something that has happened to her when she is younger. Having now finished this book, I am rather keen to read the next to find out more.

A lot of the story focuses on Cassie’s parents rather than the actual police work. To start with I did think it felt more like a psychological thriller until Rachel and her team started to feat
Elaine Tomasso
Jun 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Bookouture for an advance copy of Little Girl Missing, the first novel to feature Reading based DCI Rachel Hart.

When five year old Cassie Bailey disappears from her home overnight DCI Rachel Hart are called to investigate.

I found Little Girl Missing to be a bit of a mixed bag, slow to start and then racing to a finish. I was attracted to the premise of a missing child and the novel starts well with the missing Cassie and her mother, Naomi, at a loss but it qui
Renita D'Silva
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderfully written, fast paced, thrilling tale. Very highly recommended to everyone. A story that sucked me in from the first page and kept me glued until the last. Absolutely brilliant!
Shalini
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Missing child is the only trope which grips me by the throat and keeps me chained to the book. This story was no different, it allowed me to play detective, but the twists kept me so confused in a good way that I soon lost my badge trying to keep track of all the paths shown.

The story started with a mum Rachel and daughter Cassie carving the pumpkin and going to bed. The next morning, only was the pumpkin was there mocking Rachel and NO CASSIE. Where could a five year old child have gone from th
Denise
Jun 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Naomi Bailey is trying things on as a single mom to her 5-year-old daughter, Cassie, since she kicked out her husband, Charlie, several weeks ago after he spent the night with their old high school nemesis, Jessica Toland. Since she's not been sleeping well, Naomi's best friend, Kate, urges her to take a couple of herbal sleeping pills. They conk her out. When Naomi wakes late and goes to get her daughter up for school, Cassie is nowhere to be found.

Every parent's worst nightmare necessitates a
Robin Loves Reading
Naomi Bailey reluctantly took a natural sleep remedy for sleep after dealing with weeks of stress and sleeplessness. The very next morning, her five-years-old Cassie turns up missing. She is wracked with guilt. She recently split from her husband Charlie, despite the fact that they had a very strong marriage. This was due to a sensitive and heartbreaking incident that Naomi just cannot get past. Charlie is as devastated by Cassie's disappearance at Naomi and insists on coming home while the poli ...more
peggy
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
A new author for me and hopefully the start of a fantastic series.
We are introduced to DCI Rachel Hart. A story about a missing child which is never an easy subject to read about.
This read is full of twists and turns, in places I was sat on the edge of my and holding my breath. A real page turner and kept me reading late into the night. I can't wait to read more and see how this series evolves.
Another MUST READ author to add to my list. An easy five stars and so Highly Recommended.
I would lik
Kat
May 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an ok read for me and kept my interest but I did guess quite early on what was happening although not quite why. The story had plenty of red herrings and some twists and I found the writing to be good if sometimes slightly over complicated, the characters were well described if not always likeable but I particularly liked DCI Rachel Hart and as I see this is book 1 of a series I am glad we shall see more of her in future books and I do feel the series will get better as we learn more of ...more
Julie Lacey
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a great start to what I hope will be a new series.
Cassie has gone missing and her mum can’t understand why she would open the front door at night.
Naomi has recently separated from her husband so he’s been staying with his mum.
At first the Police think Cassie is there but a search of the house reveals nothing.
Naomi’s friend Kate is on hand to offer her support and her mother in law helps out when Naomi starts to lose hope.
It’s hard to say much more as there some things revealed later in
Stormi (BMReviewsohmy)
First book in the DCI Rachel Hart series and it starts out with a missing child. When Naomi wakes up after taking some herbal sleeping pills, as she hadn’t been sleeping well, she finds Cassie not in her bed. She knows that Cassie hasn’t been sleeping well since Naomi kicked her father out, they both haven’t, sometimes she finds her downstairs on the couch with her cat but she is not there. Panic sets in.

The police are called in and DCI Hart and her team try to figure out what happened. There ar
Donna Hines
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, arc
A fast paced thriller that will leave you breathless!
Recently separated parents of Cassie are the prime suspects in her disappearance.
What wasn't expected is the fact that the separation was the result of infidelity on Charlie part and time is of the essence in finding their 5 yo daughter.
Naomi knows the importance of abduction because her own sister was once kidnapped.
What isn't certain is evidence and the question that needs answering is whether or not she knew her captors?
This is one wild rid
Joyce Stewart Reviews
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once I started this book I could not put it down. Little Girl Missing was such an amazing, suspenseful and emotional read. I laughed, cringed, cried, gasped, and screamed. More than once while i was reading this book my son looked at me and said wow that must be a really good book. I read the whole book in one setting !! Every page leaves you wanting more and more so before you know it it is 3 am and you just spent all day and half the night reading this story non stop. This is a book you cannot ...more
Gloria Arthur
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When five year old Cassie Bailey goes missing from her family home during the night her parents immediately become the prime suspects. Cassie’s parents, Naomi and Charlie had recently separated just five weeks earlier and Charlie was living back home with his mother.

DCI Rachel Hart leads the investigation knowing her personal past involving child abduction could emotionally and potentially cloud her judgment in this case.

The story evolves into more than expected with some interesting twists in t
Jennie
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

2.5 stars rounded up. Some twists and turns that I didn’t see coming, but the mother’s anger surrounding the disappearance of her daughter and the marital issues were a bit farfetched for me. I was intrigued by the description of the book, but I was not prepared for the tedium of the first 50% of the book. Overall, I’m just not impressed.
marjorie hall-venmore
#little Girl Missing (DCI Rachael Hart book one) # Netgalley#
A nicely paced book with a brilliant storyline, it didn’t take me long to be hooked on this book. I was hooked after the prologue. When Naomi realised her daughter had gone missing, Being alone with Cassie. Police where called and it was best if Naomi allowed her husband Charlie could come to the house. I am not saying why or what brought on a separation. Naomi’s best friend from school was also there to support her Kate. There where m
Maggie
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Naomi has not been sleeping well since she threw her husband our after he had spent the night with her old High School nemesis. She refuses to listen to him or let him or his mother see their daughter Cassie. In desperation she agrees to try the herbal tablet her friend Kate suggests. She is amazed to discoverhow long she has slept. She rushes to get Cassie for school but there is no sign of her.

DCI Hart knows how important the first 48 hours are in the case of child abductions having been victi
Sue Plant
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
would like to thank netgalley and the publisher for letting me read this book

i have to admit that as i started to read this book i did think oh um a predictable storyline...dad cheats on mom, mom kicks him out and daughter is then kidnapped...just another one of those...

but i was surprised...it wasnt predictable at all...there were elements to it that kept me reading...so many red herrings about who could have taken the child and then the cat...oh the poor poor cat...

so i have to say i thoroughl
Dawn
May 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Naomi and Charlie are having marriage troubles and she has kicked him out. Struggling to cope with their daughter and being a single mum to Cassie, one night Naomi takes a sleeping tablet. In the morning she finds Cassie gone. Enter the detective Rachel, with her own back story and struggles can she solve the case to get Cassie home.

I’m a huge police procedure fan but this lacked something for me. I wasn’t keen on the phone call dialogue as it felt forced but all in all a good book. 3.5 stars f
Sid
Jun 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first J.G. Roberts book and I have to say that this was a predictable read and that took away the entire pleasure of reading. But I quite liked the character development in this book though I have to say that some of the characters were not likable at all. The character I quite liked was DCI Rachel Hart. Overall a predictable book but I believe that these will get better as we find out more about the characters and I look forward to the next book in this series. And a big thank you t ...more
Jennie
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it

Helan Cox
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. First time reading this author but have already downloaded second book in the series. Just when you think you've got it sussed and worked it all out along comes a twist you weren't expecting. It's been a while since I read a book in just one or two sessions but that's what I did with this. I hope the second one is up to the same standard.
Aleana Harris
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC copy of this book from the Publisher via Netgalley and voluntarily leaving my review.

Domestic thriller that kept me on edge.

DCI Rachel Hart is determined to find missing five year old Cassie after her mother Naomi put her to bed one night and woke to find her missing.

This case hit close to home for Rachel because in the past when she was young her sister was taken as she races to find Cassie she knows that it someone she knew.

As Naomi and Charlie try to keep their problems asi
Wendy C
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stories with plot lines around children are hard to read. The question in the back of your mind: Will they find her? Was she hurt? Will she be alive? Etc. They always put me on edge. This thriller was no different. I found the plot to be really intense throughout and thread many lines of doubt through various characters. This is one of the things I love about police procedural. You never know who to trust and just as you think you have it figured out; BAM! Plot twist!

I loved it! This is the fir
Tina Meyers
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My first read it this author

a well written book with outstanding characters that should
become a movie. I was captured from beginning to end by the story and the twists and turns made it highly enjoyable
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Her Sister's Bones (Detective Iris Locke, #1)
  • The Sleepover (Detective Natalie Ward #4)
  • The Mother's Mistake
  • Her Missing Child
  • We Were Sisters
  • The Blossom Twins (Detective Natalie Ward #5)
  • The Child Before
  • The Girl in the Grave (Beth Adams, #1)
  • Their Silent Graves
  • Her Last Mistake (Detective Gina Harte #6)
  • Someone Else's Baby
  • Her Dark Heart (Detective Gina Harte #5)
  • Why She Ran
  • The Night Caller (Detective Carrie Flynn, #1)
  • The School Friend
  • Little Girls Sleeping (Detective Katie Scott, #1)
  • The Liar's House (Detective Gina Harte, #4)
  • Somebody’s Daughter (Detective Natalie Ward #7)
Pseudonym for author Julia Roberts.

Detective Rachel Hart (3 books)
  • What He Did (Detective Rachel Hart #2)
  • Why She Died (Detective Rachel Hart #3)

News & Interviews