Start by marking “The Most Eligible Lord in London (The Lords of London #1)” as Want to Read:
The Most Eligible Lord in London (The Lords of London #1)

The Most Eligible Lord in London

(The Lords of London #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  26 ratings  ·  17 reviews
In this captivating new Regency trilogy, bestselling author Ella Quinn picks up where her beloved Worthingtons series left off, as three Lords of London discover true love at last...

Handsome, rakish, incorrigibly flirtatious—Fredrick, Lord Littleton, is notorious. Lady Adeline Wivenly is resolved to keep him at arm’s length during her first Season—until she overhears
Expected publication: March 31st 2020 by Zebra Books

To ask other readers questions about The Most Eligible Lord in London, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Most Eligible Lord in London

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Most Eligible Lord in London (The Lords of London #1)
Debby "Piene Raven"
This is a first read by this author and "The Most Eligible Lord in London" by Ella Quinn is a very enjoyable read. As a first time read, I thought her story was well-written and the characters were delightful. The start of the story was a bit slow but picked up its pace.

Lady Adeline Wivenly is waiting on her debut season where she plans to meet and fall in love. She has a passion for animals and the country and wants to marry and live away from the ton. Trying to rectify his mistakes from his
Mary Hart
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I enjoyed this book. It includes characters from previous books but that doesn't detract from this story. Frits has decided he needs to settle down. He likes the country rather than the town. He made a bit of a hash of the previous season as he realised too late that he wasn't compatible with the seasons diamond and rushed home. Unfortunately he now reaslises that Adeline is the one...but she's a great friend of his last passion. Adeline wonders if he's a rake, is he sincere, will they be
Nicole
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Quinn has another enjoyable read in her regency era novels. Her writing and character development is delightful. People often believe others, taking only one side of the story, without thinking of the other person's perspective. The truth usually lies somewhere in between the tales. Lady Adeline Wivenly is in her first season, loves animals, the country, and hopes to marry. She is attracted to Fredrick, Lord Littleton, whom her friend has deemed as a rake. Frits knows her did not handle his ...more
Kristin Davison
Feb 22, 2020 marked it as dnf
Shelves: arcs
I would like to thank netgalley and Kensington Books for a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

I didn't care for any of the main characters, and I didn't like that there were 3 povs.
Amy
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
It was nice to see a man, Frits, pursuing a woman, Adeline, so determinately! I did feel that the book dragged on towards the end. I think there should have been another way for Adeline to finally decide she loved Frits. I look forward to the rest of this series. I received an ARC from NetGalley and Kensington Books for my honest review.
Jessica Grogan
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
Meh. I didn’t like that the hero was obsessed with the heroine almost immediately since that was his big mistake the previous season. I also didn’t like the third POV from the other suitor.

*I received an eARC from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Alys Murray
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ella Quinn's historical romances are great, delicious, indulgent comfort food, and The Most Eligible Lord in London is no exception! The book does have a slightly slower start, but once the pace picks up, it's impossible to put down. Our heroine is bold and honorable and totally cool!
Carol Bisig
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lord Littleton made a mistake last season, now he is paying for it! He is rich, handsome, and single, normally enough to set all of the debutantes swooning! Not so Lady Adeline, she is determined to dislike his lordship, no matter how much she tingles when touched! I love the Great Dane, as does our heroine, who has wanted a dog since she was little. She refused to think him as a serious suitor due to his being a rake, much less what he did last Season! I love reading a well-written story, where ...more
Melissa
Feb 18, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun, cute, quick read. I especially enjoyed that the plot for this book is one I think many of us can actually relate to having been a part of when younger (minus the titles), of liking a guy only to find out a friend liked him first, and working through that. It's a continuation of characters from a previous series, but you are good reading this on its own.
Kim Vanravenswaay
Thank goodness for match making mama's. But if Adeline hadn't overheard a couple of women detailing how they were going to compromise Frits, she might not have given him a chance. They have so much in common. They make such a cute couple.
Karena
wow. what a convoluted plot. weird kidnappings, influenza. It was a soap opera worthy plot in one book without the sexy times at least not by the main protagonists.
Lauren
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great continuation of Ella Quinn's previous series. It also works as a stand alone series as those previous stories are not fully necessary to enjoy this book. I truly did enjoy it and it was great to get Fits' story!
Krystal
My Rating: 3.5 stars out of 5

On the whole, this book was good. The characters were solid, and while there was definitely chemistry between Fredrick - Frits to his friends, and Adeline, it wasn't one of those instances where they instantly fell in love with one another. In fact, Adeline spends most of the book coming up with reasons not to succumb to his attentions (or her attraction to him).

Because of this, I enjoyed watching him try to win her over. From the little things like sending her
Liamtaylorsmom
This is one of those times when I wish I ratings had half stars as I would rate this a 3 1/2. The Most Eligible Lord in London was a good book. In particular, I appreciated that the author doesn't rush into things with her characters, making the relationship build feel all that more realistic. Adeline and Frits are both in town for the season. This is Adeline's first time out and she's not always sure what to think of it all. Frits, on the other hand, has had more experience and even went so far ...more
Caroline
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Another lovely story from Ella Quinn. I love that she allows her characters the breathing room to get to know one another. This is a story of a true courtship: from attraction, to friends, to forever. However, that’s not to say it’s a perfect story. The romance gets an A, but in addition to getting chapters from both the hero and heroine’s POV, we also get them from the “villain”, which is distracting. (Really, it’s just a way to get in more sex scenes - he’s an unapologetic whore). And there’s ...more
B.
Feb 18, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a simple, quick read. I liked seeing things from the man’s point of view as the hero realizes that he messed up the previous season by spending too much time with one woman only to realize that they had little in common. Now he’s back to look again for a wife and he’s immediately attracted to Adeline. The only problem is that she’s friends with the lady he offended from last year and that woman has warned Adeline that he is a rake. So somehow he has to demonstrate that he’s not a rake ...more
Rita
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Adeline is getting ready for her come out when she is introduced to Lord Littleton. Frits is trying hard to overcome his mistake last season. Now that he has decided who would be his perfect wife he has to prove himself. Cute fun read with some drama added to it.
Sarah Aucoin
Sneezep
Jul 29, 2019
Tigress (Warrior Elf)
Jul 31, 2019

• Every Bit a Rogue (The Ellinghams, #4)
  • A Duke is Never Enough (The Spitfire Society #2)
  • The Earl Not Taken (The Wallflowers of West Lane, #1)
  • Gone With the Rogue (First Comes Love, #2)
  • Wild, Wild Rake (The Cavensham Heiresses #6)
  • When You Wish Upon a Rogue (Debutante Diaries, #3)
  • A Duke Too Far (The Way to a Lord's Heart, #4)
  • Scot Under the Covers (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #2)
  • The Bachelor (Duke Dynasty, #2)
  • Project Duchess (Duke Dynasty, #1)
  • My Darling Duke (Sinful Wallflowers, #1)
  • Dead Wrong (DC Maggie Jamieson #2)
  • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
  • A Reluctant Bride (The Shelley Sisters Book 1)
  • Dr. Strange Beard (Winston Brothers, #5)
  • A Reckless Runaway (The Shelley Sisters, #2)
  • The Virgin and the Rogue (The Rogue Files, #6)
  • The Duke's Desire (12 Dukes of Christmas #8)
USA Today bestselling author Ella Quinn’s studies and other jobs have always been on the serious side (political science professor and lawyer). Reading historical romances, especially Regencies, were her escape. Eventually her love of historical novels led her to start writing them.

She is married to her wonderful husband of over thirty years. They have a son and two beautiful granddaughters, and