Start by marking “Alone And Palely Loitering” as Want to Read:
Alone And Palely Loitering

Alone And Palely Loitering

Late one night, at a bar, two people meet over a cigarette. One of them is a cab driver. The other may or may not be real.

A tale of assumptions, expectations, bad habits, and the importance of listening to your instincts. And most of all, about love and the strange places you find it.
ebook
Published May 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Alone And Palely Loitering, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alone And Palely Loitering

Start your review of Alone And Palely Loitering
Skye Kilaen
Fairy-tale feeling romance/romance-adjacent novella with an un-gendered main character, by an agender author. There’s a lot of pain in it, but a lot of beauty as well. I was absolutely captivated.

Content warnings: substance use, alcohol use, main character’s attraction is partially due to influence (but came across to me that it would have been there anyway).
Tyler J Gray
This short story managed to rip out my heart, give me all the feels, have me relating to the MC SO HARD (MC is ungendered and I am agender, also depression feels), crying tears of sadness and happiness.

Like I WANT TO SAY MORE but it's a short story and anything else I say WILL SPOIL IT. ASSUME NOTHING. I repeat, assume nothing. I has a new favorite. Now leave me be in my bucket of feels. <3 And I highly recommend this short story.

(view spoiler)
Jade
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some context: When I picked up this novella, I was in a reading slump. And it's not like I hadn't tried to get out of my slump; several DNFs lived next to my bedside table. I couldn't quite remember when I last finished a book of any length that was not either filled with pictures or aimed at small children. This novella is - neither of those things.

I had had the pleasure of reading some of this author's other works and thought, why not? I bought this novella on the strength of the author's writ
Alison
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, my-e-things, queer
Very enjoyable short story. High on angst, high on drunkenness, and there's a nice twist. I like that the narrator is ungendered. The writing is a little overwrought at times, but it totally fits the story, so maybe it's intentional. A nice way to spend an hour. ...more
RoAnna Sylver
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gems
I loved this so freaking much, have loved this so freaking much for a long time, and really really hope others love it just as much. (Yes I'll do an Actual Review at some point, but just wanted to make my !!!! known) ...more
Ana
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, fae, m-m
Oh my goshhhh. So lovely.

While I don't believe in love or new relationships saving people from addictions, bad habits, or mental illness, there's a fairy tale quality to this that makes it feel more symbolic. Something about being at the lowest point in life and yet finding that magic is still possible.

Content warnings: smoking, drinking and drunkenness
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelby Eileen
Feb 13, 2020
Roth
May 04, 2019

• Slippery Creatures (The Will Darling Adventures #1)
  • Eight Kinky Nights
  • A Distant Drum
  • Blind Side (Dangerous Ground, #6)
  • The Rat-Catcher's Daughter (Lilywhite Boys, #0.5)
  • The Sugared Game (The Will Darling Adventures #2)
  • Kampf um Aidranon (Imperium der Drachen, #2)
  • The Dream Taker
  • The Wonder Engine (Clocktaur War #2)
  • Cup of Tea
  • The Lady's Guide to Celestial Mechanics (Feminine Pursuits, #1)
  • Team Phison (Team Phison, #1)
  • A Chain of Beads
  • Our Dreams at Dusk: Shimanami Tasogare, Vol. 1 (しまなみ誰そ彼 Shimanami Tasogare, #1)
  • Night Plague