Start by marking “His Hostage” as Want to Read:
His Hostage

His Hostage

Jules is running from her old life and the man who wants to lock her up and abuse her. She’s finally escaped, but she’s run right into another mountain of trouble. She agrees to do one last job for her new boss and then she’s out. But once again she’s caught in the middle when she’s taken hostage by a hot stranger named Cooper.

Cooper is robbing from the rich to give back t
Published May 3rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about His Hostage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Hostage

Deborah
May 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Short review - TSTL female and no chemistry.

Longer review including mini rant - Copper and his friends are modern day Robin Hoods. They’re stealing from the rich and corrupt and giving it back to the community.

Jules is a woman in the wrong place at the wrong time. Or right place right time I suppose depending on how you look at it.

Now it’s an Alexa book so you know how it goes but...

Mini rant coming up I won’t be long but I have to get this off my chest.

I like Alexa’s books you always know what
Chitra *CJ*
"His Hostage" is the story of Jules and Cooper.

I am sorry. I think I should just start lowering my expectations with these books.

I see the cover. I see Alexa Riley. I expect Untouched, Devotion or even The Virgin Duet- kind of sweet but crazy stories (not mentioning my favorite of their "taboo" works here). So much more..

But what I am repeatedly getting..is disappointment.

Another OTT saccharine story about a woman running from the stalker, doing odd jobs- and shockingly getting kidnapped and res
♡Tonya♡

This felt different than the classic AR. Not in a bad way, just not as steamy and OTT as I’ve come to love. I still enjoyed the story.

-no cheating
-no ow drama
-om drama - her ex caused some issues
-no violence of a sexual nature
-safe neither with others after meeting
-virgin heroine - no info on hero’s sexual past thankfully
-good epilogue
Darlene
*Dee's books!
Another cute and sexy, quick read!

OTT hero, Coop robs his rival's delivery truck loaded with two huge bags of money and takes the seemingly out-of- placed delivery woman hostage. What starts off as Jules aka Julian aka Buttercup wanting to flee from Coop's vehicles ends in Coop protecting the frightened woman who suffers from panic attacks.

Coop's character in this story, could be looked upon as a modern-day Robin Hood of Locksley who gave back to the community yet took nothing for himself! But
SansaReads
I read AR as buffer reads in between my heavier books or if I can’t sleep and need something that doesn’t require much attention. So I know what I’m getting when I click AR books. They serve their purpose tbh.

But then I read this...
hip hop rap GIF by WE tv

Man oh man this was pretty bad....
bethenny frankel real housewives of nyc GIF

There was no chemistry, no actual alpha characteristics ( he was weak AF. I’m sorry but he was), or a heroine that I could like.
Mad Real Housewives GIF

The heroine was probably the worst for me.
Viz GIF

Will I read the next AR book, yes.
Will I continue to bitch ab
Jami
Jules is on the run and needs to finish this one job so she can go on the run again!!! What she wasn’t expecting was to be kidnapped by a sexy stranger.
Cooper is ready to take back what was owed to the people of the city. Like a real life Robin Hood. His plans change though the moment he spots Jules. Can he convince her that even though he kidnapped her, that’s he’s one of the good ones? Can her turn her into a “willing captive” instead of “his hostage”?
Another win by AR. Loved this book!!!

-sa
Sammi  Jayne Brooks
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
UM HELLO I'VE RATED AN ALEXA RILEY BOOK MORE THAN 2 STARS!!!

I don't know why I read Alexa Riley's books as most of the time I never like them. But they're such a big author releasing books every 5 minutes that I am always drawn to them and they're always on my newsfeed. Well, who cares because I've found a 4 star book!

This was definitely insta-love but it wasn't as bad as some others I've read. The love felt more legit than others because at first it was him simply saving her life. He had no cho
Book Snob Sue
Jules aka Buttercup is on the run from her crazy boss that just can’t take no for an answer. The guy that gives her a job in the new town, is into some shady stuff and wants her to do a “job” for him. Yeah, that job gets her kidnapped and the delivery taken too. So, he’s looking for her and the crazy ex is too. Cooper and some of his friends are trying to take back their town from all the sketchy dealings going on and give the people back what is theirs...so they have a plan that backfired when ...more
One chapter more
I'm giving it 5 stars because I feel like our writers duet has gone out of their comfort zone and... Well... It was totally worth it ladies!

This novella had everything, action, love story, enough drama and absolutely beautiful epilogue. That 15 years later? I want that... I was accused yesterday that I read too much romance in my life and expect too much but hell... Can you blame me wanting a connection like our hero and heroine have?

Magic and great writing skill made this excellent story just p
Nova
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
As with all Alexa Riley books this was a quick, sexy and safe read you cannot help but read in one sitting.

Jules is in town hiding from her ex, she found a job where the boss didn’t mind her lack of experience and understood her situation or so she thought. That is until she finds herself being forced to deliver too huge bags filled with what looks like millions of dollars. Deciding the easiest thing to do is do the drop and get out of town as soon as possible but finds herself being held hosta
Fiona Fog
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found this story a bit different from all the others that I have read.

But it delivered! Cooper and his brothers are working hard to get their town back to what it was before Monte and his crew slowly overtook it. Shutting down business's and destroying peoples lives.

Jules is on the run from an abusive ex who she doesn't even know how he became one in the first place. That is her boyfriend I meant. He was her boss and he won't let her go.

When she's caught in the middle of Monte and scheme's it
Neringa Neringiukas
May 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Don't know what happened. Normally, I enjoy Alexa books but this time I wasn't into it. I was annoyed by Jules. She practically told everyone, who listened about her secret. Why the heck would you do this when you're on the run? That was bad enough, but then she gone and proved that she's not naive, but stupid.
Sandy Nikolas
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rescue

I always love a good rescue! This story was great and had a lot of fun moments. Plenty of action and of course an HEA.
Christina Pannell
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Alexa Riley books and this one isn't any different.
Cooper is a kind of a modern Robin Hood!! Cooper and his band of brothers are taking from the bad and giving to those who lost so much when plants started shutting down.
Jules is who is making the drop but has no idea what situation she's got herself into.
What happens when Cooper and Jules cross paths and he makes a rash decision?
This book is filled with smutty goodness and action.
C.J.
May 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Sweet story but didn’t really connect with the characters.
Rukaiya M.
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
𝘼𝙍𝘾 𝙍𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙚𝙬: His Hostage by Alexa Riley.
𝘼𝙍𝘾 𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮: Alexa Riley.
𝚁𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐: ★★★★

𝕐𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕖. 𝔾𝕠 𝕒𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕘𝕖𝕥 𝕦𝕤𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕚𝕥, 𝕓𝕦𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕔𝕦𝕡. 𝕐𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕘𝕠𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖.

𝚂𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚢: When Julian aka Jules is taken a captive, hostage, by the town's local Robin Hood, she didn't prepare herself for the sexy and hot alpha who won't let her go anytime soon. When Cooper Ross finds himself face to face with an angel, he is sold! There's no way he's willing to part with her, no matter her past or her abusive ex boyfri
Lauren
This story is short, fast paced and an enjoyable read. I read this book in one sitting and was satisfied throughout. I found the writing style easy to follow, the characters likeable and an enjoyable read. I really liked Cooper, he was a modern day robin hood. He stole from the bad guy to give to the people in need. Whilst on a job, he meets Jules, from the moment he sees her, he wants her.
Jules can’t seem to catch a break. She ran from one bad guy and ended up with another. She was then forced
Babel
Who knew a kidnapping could be so sweet and caring?

This little story is gorgeous and surprising. It has a damsel in distress with lots of baggage, a sweet and protective kidnapper, a city overtaken by a banda of Robin Hood's brothers, seedy criminals, a daring and heroic rescue, and one epilogue that hits number one on the ranks of epilogues.

The relationship between the characters starts off on the criminal side, but it's really lovely and warm until desire turns the pages into good smut.

I lo
Ꮗ€♫◗☿
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult, romance
Nice little steamy read

Pretty nice little story if you want something a bit smutty but not too over the top that will only take 90 minutes or so. Jules is prone to anxiety attacks and is running from an abusive ex boyfriend that that is is wealthy and has the connections to find her. So she is trying to stay under the radar. She trusts a nice older man and tells him her story to get him to pay her under the table for an office job at a printing company.

The guy does, but turns out to be not so ni
Uhleeseeuh
Disappointing

I one click every AR book as soon as they drop. This one was disappointing. I didn't feel the chemistry, and while I understand the need for drama and the impending climax, it felt very contrived, and made Jules incredibly unlikable. Too stupid to live are the first words that come to my mind. I love this duo, but I won't ever be rereading this one. I can deal with a stupid heroine, I can somewhat deal with a lack of chemistry of the story is good, but I absolutely CANNOT deal with
April Symes
Alexa Riley has written another sensational story! It's steamy heat and swoon-worthy feel good moments are classic AR. Jules and Cooper make this a great read- Jules being the on the run heroine from a bad man who is then inadvertently kidnapped by handsome alpha Cooper. I liked how Cooper fell into that instalove with Jules. The chemistry is intense, the love is sweet and steamy- and yes, its definitely an Alexa Riley story so its got the steam and heat going with the feels. The characters are ...more
Amazeballs Book Addicts
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this one. It's short quick read. Jules just seems to get herself in bad situations. She running her an ex and finds herself working for a man who is much better and then she gets kidnapped by Cooper. Being kidnapped may not be so bad for Jules because Cooper is sweet and sexy. They have an instant and great connection. I loved Cooper too. He's one of the good guys. He has a great group of friends and I'm hoping he get some of his friend's stories too.
Janneke Wolbers
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great read
Maria...
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved it! 🥰🥰🥰
Megan  ~The Never Ending Book Basket
I loved this book!!!! I hope that we get more with these characters soon because I loved this world and I loved all the characters in it. This book had the perfect amount of steam and action and twists and turns that kept me on my toes. I loved every single bit of it!
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Cute. 💕
Loved the secondary characters too.
Nikki Reeves
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it

To me, this was unlike any AR book I’ve ever read before. It was different, but in a good way. It had a different type of vibe, and I was pulled in from the start.

Poor Jules can’t catch a break. It seems like everywhere she goes she finds herself in dangerous and crazy situations. She is on the run from a crazy man, but now, she has found herself tied back up with someone who isn’t who she thought. She knows she has to get away from him as well, and she agrees to do one more job. After the job
Brooke Gunderman-Harris
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE LOVE LOVED this book!! This is one of the most action packed stories I have read from AR and I loved every page of it!!

We first meet our heroine Jules while she is working at an ink factory for an older man. She thought that she had found a job that was safe from the man she was really running from. She knew he would be looking for her but she thought that she could continue to do the paperwork and office work at least until she had to run. Until he asks her to help him with something. L
Charity
Sometimes I read a book and I just can't get past certain details. I want to write a bad review, but I don't want to be a bitch about someone's hard work. I'm going to give this a 3 star, because some of the details could have been good had they not been over shadowed by stupid ones.

Jules. This woman is beyond stupid and naive, her damsel in distress personality gets on my nerves. She makes stupid life decisions.

Copper, is also stupid. The Robin Hood references could have been cute, and some of
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Alexa Riley is two sassy friends who got together and wrote some dirty books. They are both married moms of two who love football, donuts, and obsessed book heroes.

They specialize in insta-love, over-the-top, sweet, and cheesy love stories that don’t take all year to read. If you want something SAFE, short, and always with a happily ever after, then Alexa Riley is for you!

Feel free to follow us ea
“Holy shit, you’re like a hot Robin Hood,” she says and then presses her lips together like she shouldn’t have said it. “No, please. Tell me more about how hot you think I am.” 0 likes
“His crooked smile is so damn sexy I have to look away from it.” 0 likes