Start by marking “100 Days of Sunlight” as Want to Read:
100 Days of Sunlight

100 Days of Sunlight

When 16-year-old poetry blogger Tessa Dickinson is involved in a car accident and loses her eyesight for 100 days, she feels like her whole world has been turned upside-down.

Terrified that her vision might never return, Tessa feels like she has nothing left to be happy about. But when her grandparents place an ad in the local newspaper looking for a typist to help Tessa
Published August 7th 2019

To ask other readers questions about 100 Days of Sunlight, please sign up.
Abbie 100 Days of Sunlight is a story that I feel has always been in my heart, I just didnt know it until April 2017. It came to me quite literally like a…more100 Days of Sunlight is a story that I feel has always been in my heart, I just didn’t know it until April 2017. It came to me quite literally like a lightbulb turning on. I immediately fell in love with the idea — two characters experiencing loss, recovery, and hope; two characters connecting to help each other heal in ways they wouldn’t have been able to alone. I knew it would be a love story, but not just about romantic love — it would also be about the love between brothers, and grandparents, and friends. The story captured my heart before I even knew how it would end. (less)
Abbie It's appropriate for ages 12+ (mild language and thematic elements) You can read the complete parent's guide here.

Start your review of 100 Days of Sunlight
Abbie
May 03, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
☀U P D A T E ☀

THE BOOK IS HERE!! 100 Days of Sunlight is now officially released and available everywhere books are sold online! Go order your paperback/hardcover OR get the ebook delivered instantly to your e-reader:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
iBooks
Kobo

Oh and be sure to check out my celebration video!
Thank you all SO MUCH for your love and support for this book. It has been an amazing journey publishing my first book and not a single day goes by where I'm not overwhelmed with gratitude for YOU. 💛
R.F. Gammon
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a beautiful Hufflepuff summer story!

Weston, man. Just....Weston. He's brilliant and I adored him and his outlook and I felt for his internal struggle so much. The broken, hurting, optimistic, bright boys are always my favorites. He reminded me a lot of one of my own characters in that respect. And all his brothers! I LOVED IT. He was such a unique, fresh, lovable guy. I loved it.

Tessa was slightly less of an instant connection for me, but I loved her too. I felt her pain as she struggled
Sarah Grace Grzy
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I will start off my review with a disclaimer: despite being smack dab in the middle of the target age range for young adult fiction . . . YA is SO not my thing. That being said, I did still enjoy 100 Days of Sunlight at its core, even if the genre may not be my favorite ever.

First off, that cover! Well done, Ms. Emmons! It's stunning! I feel like so often indies cheap out when it comes to cover design, but it's clear Emmons put a lot of time and thought into her cover, and for that, I give her
Ivie
5/14/19
The Review

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review and was in no way, shape, or form convinced or coerced into writing a positive review. These are my honest thoughts.

I considered deleting all my updates on here because it looks a bit messy, but they are part of the journey with this book and I couldn't imagine doing that, so I left them. I know, I'm probably going to annoy some people because of it, but I want to look back and be able to see my emotions for every
Charis Rae
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC from the publisher. Opinions expressed are solely my own.

ABBIE IS PUBLISHING HER BOOK i repeat: ABBIE IS PUBLISHING HER BOOK.

Honestly, its still sinking in. Im trying not to turn into a proud mom at the moment. Abbie Emmons, one of my favorite bloggers on the web, is publishing her debut novel!!

Ive been following Abbies blog for as long as I can remember, so naturally I MELTED when I got chosen to ARC-read her novel. Ive been anticipating her books ever since her NaNoWriMo
Katie
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
I originally rated this book 3 stars despite having many issues with it because I wanted to support this author, then thought about it some more and realized I wouldn't do that for other books, so for the sake of consistency, I'm knocking it down to a 2/2.5 stars. I have a full 15 min section (yikes) talking about my thoughts on this book in my June reading wrap up video on youtube, so if you want a more in-depth review, feel free to check there, but here's the sparknotes version:

Let's start
Lisa Elis
WHAT JUST HAPPENED I CAN'T EVEN
Lara (Bookish_turtle)
THIS IS MY FAVE BOOK OF THE YEAR I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!! I'm sure that no other book of 2019 can top this!!

(Would love to be proven wrong cos anything better than this is a heckin masterpiece, but I'm not counting on it)

WOW okay i need to organise my thoughts cos I have so manyyyyyyyy

Characters?! A HUGE 10/10 LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

The romance?! MY HEARTTTTTTT Literally so cuteeeeee I want a Weston in my life so baddddd this was literally the cutest thing I've ever read!!

And it was just so heartfelt
Aria
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I heard that Abbie was publishing a book, I was beyond excited. Ive followed her off and on through the years and read a short story of hers a long while ago. I knew it would be good.

And my expectations were not disappointed.

First, this COVER! Seriously one of the beautifullest works of art EVER. Its gorgeous as is, but after reading the story, I love it even more! I adore how pieces of the novel come together in the cover. Seriously, SO. GOOD.

Secondly, the CONCEPT! I try not to read a
Abigayle Claire
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I teared up a lot and smiled even more. I considered taking off a half star for my very slight qualms. But no. This book is wonderful and necessary and its own ray of sunlight. Fuller review to come
Kaitlyn Krispense
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie, all-the-feels
Even before I started reading this book, I was prepared to give it three stars.

*cringes* okay, okay, don't kill me, but if there's a looooot of hype about a book, I usually won't care for it.

The truth? I l o v e d this book. I mean, first of all, I looooove how the cover ties everything, every lil' bit of this book together. Ahhhh *happy sigh*

I was completely prepared to give this baby 5 whopping stars. But...there were two things that kept me from it.

1. The language.
Wait, did anyone see what
Serethiel ☽ ✨
5 stars

// 1 0 0 . d a y s . o f . s u n l i g h t

If you like contemporary romance: read this.

If you don't like contemporary romance: read this anyway.

😉😍💖✨🌻🌞
tappkalina
This book has so many things I don't like to read about, but somehow the whole thing is just a beautiful piece of art. It's really easy to read, the writing style is amazing and gives you emotions, but not the kind that brakes you. Even with the tragic backstory it has an optimistic view.
With Tessa's pov you feel like giving up is the best option, but with Weston... he is a ray of sunshine. Being in his head is something I needed to experience once in my life. He won't let you be pessimistic.
Lilian
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
oh my word, one of the best books ever. thanks Abbie ❤ ...more
anika
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ohmygoshohmygoshoHMYGOSH

(rtc later when I stop laughing and crying and swooning)

(also I call Weston *finger guns* dat boi's mine)
Abigail
*ugly sobs*

This book is so beautiful. It is so heart warming. It is so inspiring.

I loved this book so much. I cannot even begin to describe how amazing this piece of art is. This book *sighs* has to be one of my all time favorites.

The characters were amazing and to die for. Every single one of them I loved. I want them to be real so I can become friends with them.

The feelings were authentic, real, and so heart breaking at times. I literally nearly started sobbing at a few parts.

I loved the
Nemo (The Moonlight Library)
This review was originally posted on The Moonlight Library

The choice to request this book for review was deeply personal to me. As you may or may not know, a couple of years ago my husband suffered a catastrophic injury at work and broke his back. After two months in hospital, he came home in a wheelchair. I myself am also suffering from a regular and gradual degradation of my vision, so I identified quite strongly in this novel about a temporarily blind girl and the amputee that teaches her
Jenna
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO MY HEART

Abbie is able to craft such a raw and emotional and beautiful story. I was hooked and entranced the whole way through. A glorious story of love, healing, and punching Life in the face. Such a sweet summery read.

UM SO ARE THERE WESTONS IN REAL LIFE PLZ???
AND oh my word I was so happy to see that Tessa was a blogger! How come you dont see that often in YA? It was awesome.
All the characters were unbelievably great. Weston and his brothers were so cute and made me
Maddy
May 24, 2019 rated it liked it
The first half wasnt my favorite, but the second half was pretty cute. 😍 RTC ...more
Nicole Dust
R E R E A D # 1
Just as good as the first time, of course. <3 <3

This book is the reason I'm in a current reading slump, because I know that I won't enjoy anything as much as this. :D

O R I G I N A L R E V I E W :

Oh. My. Word.

That was so good. I am questioning why I waited so long to read this.

Most of you know that contemporary is NOT my genre. Usually I walk away from contemporaries annoyed or bored.

Not this time.

I read this book in, I kid you not, less than an hour. And then I started it
Liv K. Fisher
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
16-year-old Tessa is blind -- well, temporarily blind, and a poetry blogger. Scarred by the memory of losing her sight in a car accident, she can barely find the motivation to get out of bed in the morning.

Weston is a runner -- and an amputee with an overwhelming sense of optimism. His missing legs are secret from one person, and one person only: Tessa. The girl he's going to teach to rely on more than sight.

OH.

MY.

STARS.

100 Days of Sunlight was PRECIOUS. Cute. Adorable. Uplifting. Emotional.
Brooke
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
12-9-19

This book... this book always hits me in the feels so hard. I love this book and will forever be rereading this book! <3

Original Review
OH. MY. WORD.

THIS BOOK!!!!

Okay, so looking at this cover and the description, you might think it's a simple, fluffy, contemporary romance.

HA!

No, this is a deep book about standing up when life knocks you down, and never giving up even when it seems like there's nothing else to do.

This book is amazing.

Writing Style? On POINT!
Characters? LOVE THEM!
Totally Graced
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to come, because I am still DECEASED. But that was one of the best books I have ever read. I cannot wait for you all to read it. :')

-----

8/10/19

100 Days of Sunlight tells the story of teenage blogger Tessa Dickenson. After Tessa is involved in a car accident, she finds herself completely blind. Doctors have hope that her sight will return in a little over three months, but for the time being, Tessa is trapped in a world of darkness. She's bitter and doesn't know how to cope with this new
Allison
HI THIS BOOK IS THE CUTEST THING EVER.

rereading 10oDOS has made me love it even more. Abbie Emmons is an incredible writer, and I love this sweet, sunshiney book.

random things i love about 100DOS
- the friendship between Weston & Rudy is legit one of my favorite parts of this book. they're both so soft and precious. THAT SCENE IN THE HOSPITAL MADE ME BAWL.
- just how sunshiney & hopeful it is
- TESSA and WESTON, OKAY?? (what's their ship name? Wessa? Tesston?)
- just, everything about
Mya Gray
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This book had a lot of hype, and it lived up to it for me. Weston was the best. 😁 I wish I knew someone like him in real life. Tessa was great too. It was beautiful watching them grow and face their fears. There were so many times I just wanted to give them a hug (even me, who doesnt like hugs). But I knew they would keep going and get through it. This story was so inspirationaleven when bad things happen, there are other things you can be happy about. Dont give up hope. ...more
Victoria Goodbrand
May 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
EEEEE. That cover is gorgeous. um. Wow.
Malka
Jul 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: net-galley, one-star
1 Star

I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

All quotes are taken from the e-arc and are subject to change

When I first saw this book on NetGalley, there were so many things that drew me in! Its about a girl named Tessa who loses her vision for 100 days. She writes poetry and is in need of her outlet, and thats where Weston comes in. Weston is an amputee who understands some of what Tessa is going through, and comes to write the poetry Tessa dictates despite her not
Allison
May 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019, ya-fiction, reviewed
I received an ARC of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I decided to request to be an ARC reader for Abbie's debut novel because I've been following her writing advice videos on YouTube for a while now. Her series on book plotting, in particular, was particularly valuable to me. Because shes helped me with my own writing, I decided to check out her book.

After reading 100 Days of Sunlight, however, I was disappointed. I attribute my rating to two major things, the first
Mukta A
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
4.5 stars!

I devoured this in just a few hours and I still can't get over how warm and fuzzy it makes me feel gahhhh
Full review to come!
The Nerd Daily
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on The Nerd Daily | Review by Vinny MS

100 Days of Sunlight follows 16-year-old Tessa Dickinson, who recently got into a car crash and is now temporary blind. Being a poet who consistently shares her works on her blog, this obviously took her by surprise because now she feels she cant do anything and feels trapped in the darkness. Trying to find a way to cheer up their granddaughter, Tessas grandpa and grandma decided to post a newspaper ad to look for a typewriter, someone that

• Hart & Seoul (Hart & Seoul, #1)
  • Tweet Cute
  • Trapeze
  • A Jar of Fireflies
  • The Jinni Key: A Little Mermaid Retelling (The Stolen Kingdom Series Book 2)
  • Sick Kids in Love
  • The Stolen Kingdom (The Stolen Kingdom #1)
  • Six Goodbyes We Never Said
  • Every Other Weekend
  • The Love Solution
  • The Little Bookshop at Herring Cove (Rabbits Leap, #5)
  • A Question of Us
  • Beau and Bett
  • Mooncakes
  • Live Without You
  • Coral
  • Foul Is Fair (Foul Is Fair #1)
  • Scars Like Wings
Abbie Emmons has been writing stories ever since she could hold a pencil. What started out as an intrinsic love for storytelling has turned into her lifelong passion. There's nothing Abbie likes better than writing (and reading) stories that are both heartrending and humorous, with a touch of cute romance and a poignant streak of truth running through them. Abbie is also a YouTuber, ...more