Start by marking “100 Days of Sunlight” as Want to Read:
100 Days of Sunlight

100 Days of Sunlight

When 16-year-old poetry blogger Tessa Dickinson is involved in a car accident and loses her eyesight for 100 days, she feels like her whole world has been turned upside-down.

Terrified that her vision might never return, Tessa feels like she has nothing left to be happy about. But when her grandparents place an ad in the local newspaper looking for a typist to help Tessa c
Expected publication: August 7th 2019

To ask other readers questions about 100 Days of Sunlight, please sign up.
Abbie 100 Days of Sunlight is a story that I feel has always been in my heart, I just didn’t know it until April 2017. It came to me quite literally like a…more100 Days of Sunlight is a story that I feel has always been in my heart, I just didn’t know it until April 2017. It came to me quite literally like a lightbulb turning on. I immediately fell in love with the idea — two characters experiencing loss, recovery, and hope; two characters connecting to help each other heal in ways they wouldn’t have been able to alone. I knew it would be a love story, but not just about romantic love — it would also be about the love between brothers, and grandparents, and friends. The story captured my heart before I even knew how it would end. (less)

Abbie
May 03, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
☀ U P D A T E ☀
THE COVER IS HERE! I REPEAT, THE COVER IS HERE!!

Also, the ebook just went LIVE FOR PREORDER. Click here to preorder your copy of 100 Days of Sunlight!!

_________________

IT'S HAPPENING. My debut novel, 100 Days of Sunlight, is COMING AUGUST 7 2019!! ✨🎉

This book as been in the works for two years and I'm so excited to finally share it with the world! 100 Days of Sunlight is my favorite thing I've ever written. In a nutshell:

• IT’S CUTE YA CONTEMPORARY
• with strong family + friendship
Ivie
5/14/19
The Review

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review and was in no way, shape, or form convinced or coerced into writing a positive review. These are my honest thoughts.

I considered deleting all my updates on here because it looks a bit messy, but they are part of the journey with this book and I couldn't imagine doing that, so I left them. I know, I'm probably going to annoy some people because of it, but I want to look back and be able to see my emotions for every m
Sarah Grace Grzy
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I will start off my review with a disclaimer: despite being smack dab in the middle of the target age range for young adult fiction . . . YA is SO not my thing. That being said, I did still enjoy 100 Days of Sunlight at its core, even if the genre may not be my favorite ever.

First off, that cover! Well done, Ms. Emmons! It's stunning! I feel like so often indies cheap out when it comes to cover design, but it's clear Emmons put a lot of time and thought into her cover, and for that, I give her
R.F. Gammon
May 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
MY DUDES THIS IS GOING TO BE SO GOOOOOOD.
Charis Rae
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC from the publisher. Opinions expressed are solely my own.

ABBIE IS PUBLISHING HER BOOK i repeat: ABBIE IS PUBLISHING HER BOOK.

Honestly, it’s still sinking in. I’m trying not to turn into a proud mom at the moment. Abbie Emmons, one of my favorite bloggers on the web, is publishing her debut novel!!

I’ve been following Abbie’s blog for as long as I can remember, so naturally I MELTED when I got chosen to ARC-read her novel. I’ve been anticipating her books ever since her NaNoWriMo
Lisa Elis
May 03, 2019 marked it as to-read
GUYS GUYS IT HAS A FREAKING COVER AND I. LOVE. IT. August can't come fast enough.
Aria
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I heard that Abbie was publishing a book, I was beyond excited. I’ve followed her off and on through the years and read a short story of hers a long while ago. I knew it would be good.

And my expectations were not disappointed.

First, this COVER! Seriously one of the beautifullest works of art EVER. It’s gorgeous as is, but after reading the story, I love it even more! I adore how pieces of the novel come together in the cover. Seriously, SO. GOOD.

Secondly, the CONCEPT! I try not to read a
Serethiel ☽ ✨
5 stars

// 1 0 0 . d a y s . o f . s u n l i g h t

If you like contemporary romance: read this.

If you don't like contemporary romance: read this anyway.

😉😍💖✨🌻🌞
Abigayle Claire
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I teared up a lot and smiled even more. I considered taking off a half star for my very slight qualms. But no. This book is wonderful and necessary and its own ray of sunlight. Fuller review to come
Hannah Rodriguez
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
hello, my name is hannah and I don't like contemporary romance novels.

Rn you're probably thinking WHAT THE HECK HANNAH WHY DID YOU READ THIS? WHY DID YOU GIVE IT 4 STARS?

Let me explain. Over the past 4 or so years, I've been on a mission to find THE BEST contemp romance novels. And by the best I mean ones that have deep themes, minimal crude jokes (because that's lazy writing), and people being attracted because of things other than physical attributes like 'his bright blue eyes' ew.

Every yea
Lilian
May 01, 2019 marked it as to-read
I CAN'T WAITTTT
Kaitlyn Krispense
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie
Even before I started reading this book, I was prepared to give it three stars.

*cringes* okay, okay, don't kill me, but if there's a looooot of hype about a book, I usually won't care for it.

The truth? I l o v e d this book. I mean, first of all, I looooove how the cover ties everything, every lil' bit of this book together. Ahhhh *happy sigh*

I was completely prepared to give this baby 5 whopping stars. But...there were two things that kept me from it.

1. The language.
Wait, did anyone see what ju
Abigail
*ugly sobs*

This book is so beautiful. It is so heart warming. It is so inspiring.

I loved this book so much. I cannot even begin to describe how amazing this piece of art is. This book *sighs* has to be one of my all time favorites.

The characters were amazing and to die for. Every single one of them I loved. I want them to be real so I can become friends with them.

The feelings were authentic, real, and so heart breaking at times. I literally nearly started sobbing at a few parts.

I loved the p

Full review to come!
anika
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ohmygoshohmygoshoHMYGOSH

(rtc later when I stop laughing and crying and swooning)

(also I call Weston *finger guns* dat boi's mine)
Victoria Goodbrand
May 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
EEEEE. That cover is gorgeous. um. Wow.
Totally Graced
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to come, because I am still DECEASED. But that was one of the best books I have ever read. I cannot wait for you all to read it. :')
Mukta A
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
4.5 stars!

I devoured this in just a few hours and I still can't get over how warm and fuzzy it makes me feel gahhhh
Full review to come!
Nemo (The Moonlight Library)
This was just about the sweetest, most innocent thing I have ever read, and I loved it.

rtc
Mya Gray
May 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: summer-tbr
The cover is beautiful and I need it on my shelf. <3 This sounds like a fantastic story!!
Anthony Wolf
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found Abbie by pure chance while looking for writing advice on the web, and I decided I would try and join her ARC team to show her my support. I don't think I'll ever regret it.

I should probably start by saying that 100 Days of Sunlight is quite far from what I would consider my genre and my niche—which is why I was surprised to enjoy it so much. But I guess the author is to thank for that: there is much of Abbie in her book, from coloured bookshelves to tasty waffles. Her spirit jumps all ar
Gaby
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Gaby by: Abbie
Shelves: ya, romance, arc
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review

This was a lovely read! It made me feel all fuzzy and sunshine-y. Abbie inspires hope and I think she would agree with me in saying that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how long the tunnel may seem. Hope is still there, though it may be dim.

Plot:
Tessa Dickinson, a writer and poet, lives with her grandparents. Her life is normal and uneventful until one day, she gets in a car crash…and goes blind. BLIND! This girl who l
Cassie
May 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
This sounds like it’s going to break my heart, rip it out of my chest, crush it into pieces, then smash my soul into oblivion.

Okay, I’m ready!
Julia
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
sydney
asdfghjkl

i'm IN LOVE with this book and i want to live in it forever.

the flowers, and waffles, and aesthetic, and soft boys (LIKE WESTON <3), and family (!!!), and the COVERRR, and also just a whole lot of warmth and joy and SUNLIGHT.
*sigh*

i loved this!! :,)

full RTC @ sydinspired.wordpress.com + goodreads
Maddy
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
The first half wasn’t my absolute favorite, but the second half was reallyyyy cute. 😍 RTC
Olivia Giordano
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Merie Shen
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was... wow!

Abbie sure knows how to write a good story with clean romance. I really enjoyed this little ride with Tessa and Weston! There were some downsides, of course, but we'll get to those later-- right now let me just list all the good stuff.

- the romance
- Tessa Dickinson
- Weston Ludovico
- Tessa being blind for 100 days
- Weston having no legs
- All the beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL poetry
- The beautiful writing that resulted from the beautiful poetry
- Did I already mention the ro
Bea Williams
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What happened to Tessa is, in her opinion, probably the worst thing that ever could happen. It was is a shopping trip gone wrong – before she even reached the mall. The collision left her suffering temporary blindness – and now she's going to be stuck in the dark for 100 days. An avid poet and blogger, she's not sure how she's going to cope. But then her grandparents put an ad in the paper for a typist – hoping that if she can keep writing poetry, her mood might lighten. Tessa hates the idea, an ...more
Rosie
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an Advanced Readers Copy of "100 Days of Sunlight" in exchange for publishing an honest review.

100 Days of Sunlight is about young poet Tessa Dickinson who has temporarily lost her eyesight. After her grandparents put out an ad in the paper looking to hire a typist for Tessa to continue her blog, annoyingly optimistic Weston Ludovico shows up at her door. Despite telling him to never come back, he shows up again. And again. And again.

Plot
The plot of this novel was satisfying, to say t
Abbie Emmons has been writing stories ever since she could hold a pencil. What started out as an intrinsic love for storytelling has turned into her lifelong passion. There's nothing Abbie likes better than writing (and reading) stories that are both heartrending and humorous, with a touch of cute romance and a poignant streak of truth running through them. Abbie is also a YouTuber, singer/songwri ...more