Start by marking “100 Days of Sunlight” as Want to Read:
100 Days of Sunlight

100 Days of Sunlight

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  4,909 ratings  ·  1,475 reviews
When 16-year-old poetry blogger Tessa Dickinson is involved in a car accident and loses her eyesight for 100 days, she feels like her whole world has been turned upside-down.

Terrified that her vision might never return, Tessa feels like she has nothing left to be happy about. But when her grandparents place an ad in the local newspaper looking for a typist to help Tessa c
Published August 7th 2019

To ask other readers questions about 100 Days of Sunlight, please sign up.
Abbie 100 Days of Sunlight is a story that I feel has always been in my heart, I just didn’t know it until April 2017. It came to me quite literally like a …more100 Days of Sunlight is a story that I feel has always been in my heart, I just didn’t know it until April 2017. It came to me quite literally like a lightbulb turning on. I immediately fell in love with the idea — two characters experiencing loss, recovery, and hope; two characters connecting to help each other heal in ways they wouldn’t have been able to alone. I knew it would be a love story, but not just about romantic love — it would also be about the love between brothers, and grandparents, and friends. The story captured my heart before I even knew how it would end. (less)
Abbie It's appropriate for ages 12+ (mild language and thematic elements) You can read the complete parent's guide here.…moreIt's appropriate for ages 12+ (mild language and thematic elements) You can read the complete parent's guide here.(less)

·  4,909 ratings  ·  1,475 reviews

Start your review of 100 Days of Sunlight
Abbie
May 03, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
☀️U P D A T E ☀️

THE BOOK IS HERE!! 100 Days of Sunlight is now officially released and available everywhere books are sold online! Go order your paperback/hardcover OR get the ebook delivered instantly to your e-reader:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
iBooks
Kobo

Oh and be sure to check out my celebration video!
Thank you all SO MUCH for your love and support for this book. It has been an amazing journey publishing my first book and not a single day goes by where I'm not overwhelmed with gratitude for YOU. 💛 I
R.F. Gammon
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a beautiful Hufflepuff summer story!

Weston, man. Just....Weston. He's brilliant and I adored him and his outlook and I felt for his internal struggle so much. The broken, hurting, optimistic, bright boys are always my favorites. He reminded me a lot of one of my own characters in that respect. And all his brothers! I LOVED IT. He was such a unique, fresh, lovable guy. I loved it.

Tessa was slightly less of an instant connection for me, but I loved her too. I felt her pain as she struggled wi
Malka
Jul 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: net-galley, one-star
1 Star

I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

All quotes are taken from the e-arc and are subject to change

When I first saw this book on NetGalley, there were so many things that drew me in! It’s about a girl named Tessa who loses her vision for 100 days. She writes poetry and is in need of her outlet, and that’s where Weston comes in. Weston is an amputee who understands some of what Tessa is going through, and comes to write the poetry Tessa dictates despite her n
Sarah Grace Grzy
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I will start off my review with a disclaimer: despite being smack dab in the middle of the target age range for young adult fiction . . . YA is SO not my thing. That being said, I did still enjoy 100 Days of Sunlight at its core, even if the genre may not be my favorite ever.

First off, that cover! Well done, Ms. Emmons! It's stunning! I feel like so often indies cheap out when it comes to cover design, but it's clear Emmons put a lot of time and thought into her cover, and for that, I give her
tappkalina
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has so many things I don't like to read about, but somehow the whole thing is just a beautiful piece of art. It's really easy to read, the writing style is amazing and gives you emotions, but not the kind that breakes you. Even with the tragic backstory it has an optimistic view.

With Tessa's pov you feel like giving up is the best option, but with Weston... he is such a ray of sunshine. Being in his head is something I needed to experience once in my life. He won't let you be pessimis
Lisa
WHAT JUST HAPPENED I CAN'T EVEN ...more
Claude's Bookzone
2. 5 Stars

CW: (view spoiler)

Well that was a sweetish squeaky clean teen romance!

I thought this was a sincere exploration of living with emotional and physical injuries after accidents. It didn't draw me in emotionally but I can see it having considerable appeal in the library. There were a lot of charming moments as the two teens established a fragile
Allison
May 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed, 2019, ya-fiction
I received an ARC of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I decided to request to be an ARC reader for Abbie's debut novel because I've been following her writing advice videos on YouTube for a while now. Her series on book plotting, in particular, was particularly valuable to me. Because she’s helped me with my own writing, I decided to check out her book.

After reading 100 Days of Sunlight, however, I was disappointed. I attribute my rating to two major things, the first
kristina
May 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Light spoilers for the first couple chapters. Nothing crazy.

So, okay. Here we go. Be prepared for nitpicks and bad section headers.

The Writing Style aka Meta Complaints
Let me start by saying that having your MC wake up from a dream (or nightmare, in this case) to start your novel is lazy writing. It's such a cliché, and not a good one. This particular nightmare about Tessa's car accident was accompanied by like 10 pages of exposition regarding said accident and the subsequent hospital stay and d
Elizabeth
May 19, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: big-nope
Rating this book two stars kinda stings, because I wanted to support this author. She's a Youtuber I've watched her for a while. Unfortunately, I can't justify boosting the rating for that reason alone. I'll be reviewing 100 Days of Sunlight as though Abbie Emmons is just another author rather than an influencer. I assume she'd prefer honest feedback to empty fanfare.

I should also mention that none of my negative criticism is intended as an insult toward Abbie herself. The opinions I’m about to
Lara (Bookish_turtle)
THIS IS MY FAVE BOOK OF THE YEAR I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!! I'm sure that no other book of 2019 can top this!!

(Would love to be proven wrong cos anything better than this is a heckin masterpiece, but I'm not counting on it)

WOW okay i need to organise my thoughts cos I have so manyyyyyyyy

Characters?! A HUGE 10/10 LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

The romance?! MY HEARTTTTTTT Literally so cuteeeeee I want a Weston in my life so baddddd this was literally the cutest thing I've ever read!!

And it was just so heartfelt an
Nash (all too unwell)
Apr 03, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2021, standalone, meh
No comments.
Cause of seizure Insta love...
This book was okay....but 😐 idk
I didnt love it

Read Aashi's review which describes my feelings perfectly
Abigayle Claire
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I teared up a lot and smiled even more. I considered taking off a half star for my very slight qualms. But no. This book is wonderful and necessary and its own ray of sunlight. Fuller review to come
Bree Dawn
100 Days of Sunlight was such a fun read. My emotions are still a mess, so we’ll just jump right into the review. 😉

•WHAT I LIKED•
-The aesthetics. Yellow, polaroid cameras, waffles, blogger love, sunshine, obnoxiously optimistic boys...what’s not to love?
-Weston. He was my favorite little bean and I kinda love him a lot. 🥺
-The section dividers being the different senses. It makes sense once you read it, I promise.
-The concept. Blind girl + boy with no legs = A BOOK I NEED IN MY LIFE YO.
-That scen
Kaitlyn Krispense
Even before I started reading this book, I was prepared to give it three stars.

*cringes* okay, okay, don't kill me, but if there's a looooot of hype about a book, I usually won't care for it.

The truth? I l o v e d this book. I mean, first of all, I looooove how the cover ties everything, every lil' bit of this book together. Ahhhh *happy sigh*

I was completely prepared to give this baby 5 whopping stars. But...there were two things that kept me from it.

1. The language.
Wait, did anyone see what ju
Aria
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I heard that Abbie was publishing a book, I was beyond excited. I’ve followed her off and on through the years and read a short story of hers a long while ago. I knew it would be good.

And my expectations were not disappointed.

First, this COVER! Seriously one of the beautifullest works of art EVER. It’s gorgeous as is, but after reading the story, I love it even more! I adore how pieces of the novel come together in the cover. Seriously, SO. GOOD.

Secondly, the CONCEPT! I try not to read a
Tom Lewis
May 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another book that’s going to get my ‘man card’ taken away, but I loved it. The author has a YouTube writing vlog that I watch, so I decided to give her book a shot. And I’m really glad I did. It’s a sweet, innocent story of a girl who’s suffering from temporary blindness, and a handicapped boy who befriends her and helps her experience life through her other senses. I listened to the audiobook that was narrated by the author, and she did a fantastic job. Look forward to her next book.
Serethiel — now on The StoryGraph
5 stars

// 1 0 0 . d a y s . o f . s u n l i g h t

If you like contemporary romance: read this.

If you don't like contemporary romance: read this anyway.

😉😍💖✨🌻🌞
Hershey [[stay in my memories]]
“Besides, no one has ever seen the light by being told there are darker places out there.”

Disclaimer: There might be minute spoilers in this review that are like so predictable. So, go ahead and read them. They are not much of a spoiler if you can already guess it. BOOM plot twist. Yeah, I expected that. The opinions in this review are subjected to me, myself and only I. So don’t embarrass yourself by arguing against my views.

I just want to read one book that’s not disappointing. Th
Lilian
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
oh my word, one of the best books ever. thanks Abbie ❤️
Raelle | raellephant
Mar 17, 2021 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star
Oh no no no no no. Oh no.

I was really excited to read this book. I watch Abbie's YouTube channel and her writing advice has been invaluable to me. I was really looking forward to reading how she applies her own advice. In saying that, I want to review this book as if I don't know who Abbie is. I also don't want to push support for something I didn't actually like. I've never been willing to sacrifice or adjust my reviews because someone is a famous author or because they have a following, and I
Jenna
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO MY HEART

Abbie is able to craft such a raw and emotional and beautiful story. I was hooked and entranced the whole way through. A glorious story of love, healing, and punching Life in the face. Such a sweet summery read.

UM SO ARE THERE WESTONS IN REAL LIFE PLZ???
AND oh my word I was so happy to see that Tessa was a blogger! How come you don’t see that often in YA? It was awesome.
All the characters were unbelievably great. Weston and his brothers were so cute and made me sm
Brooke Riley
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
12-9-19

This book... this book always hits me in the feels so hard. I love this book and will forever be rereading this book! <3

Original Review
OH. MY. WORD.

THIS BOOK!!!!

Okay, so looking at this cover and the description, you might think it's a simple, fluffy, contemporary romance.

HA!

No, this is a deep book about standing up when life knocks you down, and never giving up even when it seems like there's nothing else to do.

This book is amazing.

Writing Style? On POINT!
Characters? LOVE THEM!
Weston?
anika
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ohmygoshohmygoshoHMYGOSH

(rtc later when I stop laughing and crying and swooning)

(also I call Weston *finger guns* dat boi's mine)
Totally Graced
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to come, because I am still DECEASED. But that was one of the best books I have ever read. I cannot wait for you all to read it. :')

-----

8/10/19

100 Days of Sunlight tells the story of teenage blogger Tessa Dickenson. After Tessa is involved in a car accident, she finds herself completely blind. Doctors have hope that her sight will return in a little over three months, but for the time being, Tessa is trapped in a world of darkness. She's bitter and doesn't know how to cope with this new
Abigail
*ugly sobs*

This book is so beautiful. It is so heart warming. It is so inspiring.

I loved this book so much. I cannot even begin to describe how amazing this piece of art is. This book *sighs* has to be one of my all time favorites.

The characters were amazing and to die for. Every single one of them I loved. I want them to be real so I can become friends with them.

The feelings were authentic, real, and so heart breaking at times. I literally nearly started sobbing at a few parts.

I loved the p
Maddy
May 24, 2019 rated it liked it
The first half wasn’t my favorite, but the second half was pretty cute. 😍 RTC
Nicole Dust
R E R E A D # 1
Just as good as the first time, of course. <3 <3

This book is the reason I'm in a current reading slump, because I know that I won't enjoy anything as much as this. :D

O R I G I N A L R E V I E W :

Oh. My. Word.

That was so good. I am questioning why I waited so long to read this.

Most of you know that contemporary is NOT my genre. Usually I walk away from contemporaries annoyed or bored.

Not this time.

I read this book in, I kid you not, less than an hour. And then I started it again.
Liv K. Fisher
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
16-year-old Tessa is blind -- well, temporarily blind, and a poetry blogger. Scarred by the memory of losing her sight in a car accident, she can barely find the motivation to get out of bed in the morning.

Weston is a runner -- and an amputee with an overwhelming sense of optimism. His missing legs are secret from one person, and one person only: Tessa. The girl he's going to teach to rely on more than sight.

OH.

MY.

STARS.

100 Days of Sunlight was PRECIOUS. Cute. Adorable. Uplifting. Emotio
Allison
HI THIS BOOK IS THE CUTEST THING EVER.

rereading 10oDOS has made me love it even more. Abbie Emmons is an incredible writer, and I love this sweet, sunshiney book.

random things i love about 100DOS
- the friendship between Weston & Rudy is legit one of my favorite parts of this book. they're both so soft and precious. THAT SCENE IN THE HOSPITAL MADE ME BAWL.
- just how sunshiney & hopeful it is
- TESSA and WESTON, OKAY?? (what's their ship name? Wessa? Tesston?)
- just, everything about this book i
Abbie Emmons Fan ...: 100 Days of Sunlight 3 17 Apr 08, 2021 09:32PM
FLASHLIGHT READERS: March 2021 Stand Alone BOTM- 100 Days of Sunlight 1 12 Mar 04, 2021 02:46AM

• We Met in December
  • The Light in the Hallway
  • Athena's Choice
  • The Blood Race (The Blood Race, #1)
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Dear Edward
  • Kill Code
  • One Little Secret
  • The Light at the Bottom of the World (Light the Abyss, #1)
  • Deadly Deceit (Harbored Secrets, #2)
  • Kingdom of Souls (Kingdom of Souls, #1)
  • The Tea Dragon Festival (Tea Dragon, #2)
  • Beyond the Black Door
  • Protecting Tanner Hollow (Tanner Hollow, #1-4)
  • Mending the Mind (Pillow Thoughts, #3)
  • We Are Totally Normal
  • Collateral Damage (Danger Never Sleeps, #1)
  • The Shrike & the Shadows
Abbie Emmons has been writing stories ever since she could hold a pencil. What started out as an intrinsic love for storytelling has turned into her lifelong passion. There's nothing Abbie likes better than writing (and reading) stories that are both heartrending and humorous, with a touch of cute romance and a poignant streak of truth running through them. Abbie is also a YouTuber, singer/songwri ...more