Start by marking “The Reaper” as Want to Read:
The Reaper

The Reaper

Against the backdrop of the Spanish Civil War and the rise of the Third Reich, powerful and dangerous interests
compete for possession of The Reaper, a painting by Spanish artist Joan Miro. The painting disappears in 1937 at the end of the Paris Exposition, leaving the art world and law enforcement authorities to speculate about the
unsolved mystery.

Seventy-five years later,
Published April 23rd 2019 by Hawk Hill Literary, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Reaper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reaper

Jamie Brydone-Jack
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I usually like to start my book reviews with a little tease about the first eighth or quarter of the book plot and characters. This particular book does not lend itself to that kind of a review. It is comprised of two separate parts, one that takes place in the 1930s at the Paris World's Fair (in part) while the larger second half takes place in 2009 and 2012. A prologue introduces us to the painter Joan Miro as he is finishing up his masterwork The Reaper.

The 1930s portion of the book is firmly
Bailey Ember
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
There are a lot of moving parts to this novel and it did take me a bit to settle in and fully understand everything that was going on. That being said, this is a very active novel. You wont want to put it down. Even when you aren't quite sure what is going on, you will want to keep flipping pages to unravel all of the mysteries.

There were many surprises and the way that Rob Jung was able to keep the pacing just right really helps everything flow naturally.
C. Gonzales
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
This was a very enjoyable read for what I needed. It will completely take you out of your element and make you think. It is divided into two separate timelines and so you have to fully understand each and make sure you are keeping up.

The intricate twists and turns together with Jung's amazing mind and ability to strategize keeps the reader guessing as the story slowly unravels and the villains and motives become clear.

I liked this book on so many levels and I do recommend it.
Pat Eroh
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a wonderful story. This book is well-written with an intriguing story-line and is incredibly engrossing. I had trouble putting it down. I love historical fiction and this is a great story.

Kartika