Start by marking “The Bachelor (Duke Dynasty, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Bachelor (Duke Dynasty, #2)

The Bachelor

(Duke Dynasty #2)

New York Times bestselling author Sabrina Jeffries features an irresistible family in a series to savor, as the grown children of a thrice-married dowager duchess piece together the stories of their fathers--while pursuing passions of their own . . .

Lady Gwyn Drake has long protected her family's reputation by hiding an imprudent affair from her youth. But when her former
Expected publication: February 25th 2020 by Zebra Books

To ask other readers questions about The Bachelor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bachelor

Start your review of The Bachelor (Duke Dynasty, #2)
Carvanz
Five amazing wounded and healed stars!!! With a gruff, grumpy hero, a feisty heroine, drama and danger...this book had it all!

When Gwyn’s past rises up to threaten her, Joshua steps in to help out. He soon finds himself in her brother’s employ as her bodyguard, a position Gwyn is not happy about for a few reasons. But the more time they spend together, the more they realize that their preconceived notions about the other was not completely accurate. They each have a past filled with pain and
Melissa
Jun 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
AH I WAS HOPING FOR A JOSHUA & GWYN BOOK!
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was disappointing. I was expecting the whole book but only received the first chapter. I reread the first book in the series expecting to go right into the second. I feel I can’t really review a book based on the first chapter.
eyes.2c
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Electric read!

This second in the Duke Dynasty series is as I suspected a cracking good five star read with all the mystery, energy and frustration one could wish for.
Lady Gwyn Drake is a person holding deep secrets. I was won with the opening description of Gwyn where she's pacing an "ornamental bridge like a tigress in a crate." Is that just not the perfect gambit sure to entice? With a malevolent blackmailer pursuing her, Gwyn finds herself in troubled waters. That's not a problem! She has a
Karma♥Bites ^.~
**ARC provided by Kensington Books via NetGalley**
(expected release: 25 Feb 2020)

————————
14 Nov 2019: Thoughts on single chapter preview of THE BACHELOR by Sabrina Jeffries

**preview provided by Kensington Books via NetGalley**

Been languishing—seemingly for *months*—in hold limbo for PROJECT DUCHESS, book #1 in Duke Dynasty series. To maintain interest, decided to take peek at ARC preview of book #2, THE BACHELOR.

Thought newspaper article & opening chapter were really well-written, both
Kimberly
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 - 3.75 stars - Review coming soon

*********************

Post-Preview Thoughts:
Sometimes it's a terrible idea to read a book preview when it's a long wait until the book comes out. This is one of those instances. Gwyn and Joshua had fantastic chemistry in Project Duchess and I couldn't resist even a peek into their story. A gruff hero, a bold heroine with a secret, and a villain I already want to punch? Sign me up. I can't wait to see how Gwyn and Joshua will thwart her blackmailer in The
Elodie
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Bachelor
Duke Dynasty Series #2
Sabrina Jeffries
Release date 02/25/2030
Publisher Kensington Zebra

Blurb :

Lady Gwyn Drake has long protected her family’s reputation by hiding an imprudent affair from her youth. But when her former suitor appears at Armitage Hall, manhandling the heiress and threatening to go public with her secrets, it’s Gwyn who needs protecting. Her twin brother, Thorn, hires Joshua Wolfe, the estate’s gamekeeper, to keep her safe in
Holly
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, color me disappointed. This ARC was only one chapter. There is not a whole lot I can say on one chapter except that it didn't compell me to read more. I love Sabrina Jeffries and she's an excellent writer. But I can't quite tell if this book will be for me. The main reason I was interested in this book is because of the description. I love forced proximity stories. I love the idea that Wolfe and Gwyn are stuck together. But I do not love mysteries or villain stories. I requested this ARC ...more
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Fantastic slow burn romance with witty dialogue and beautiful imagery.

Gwynn is a strong female character who knows her own mind and survives every obstacle life throws her way. Joshua - the wounded war hero is just perfect. Together they are HR gold.

Plenty of action and subplots hinting at future books made this a fast paced read that I definitely recommend.

I received an arc of this book.
Visionary Druid
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Major Joshua Wolfe, a former Royal Marine, works as a gamekeeper for his cousin, the Duke of Armitage. He rescues Lady Gwyn from a physical altercation with a prior suitor. Joshua reluctantly agrees to become the lady’s bodyguard during her time in London. However, he suspects the Drake siblings are hiding viable information that could hinder his job. Will Joshua’s old battle wound handicap his ability to protect Gwyn?
Lady Gwyn Drake is the twin sister of the Duke of Thornstock. Her past rears
Brenda
Gywn is a heiress who is going to have her first debut at age of thirty in London to catch a hubs but she is not worried about that. Secrects from her past knocks on her door and the man who could save her is Joshua Wolfe who works as a gamekeeper in her State's' family.

She can handle the situation just well but bad man is a bad so may need a help hand.
Gywn is likeable a little more free about her desires and what she wants. She has ways to make tremble with passion and anger at the same time.
Carole Burant
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Having read the first book in the Duke Dynasty series, I was looking forward to reading the second book and the author did not disappoint! I really enjoyed Gwyn and Joshua's story and of course, it's always fun to see characters from the previous book again:)

I loved Gwyn's character, even though her secret causes her great angst, she's so spunky and isn't afraid to stand up for herself. I also loved Joshua's character, a wounded soldier that is gruff and a loner but has such a good heart and I
Kat
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I'm a big Sabrina Jeffries fan, so I jumped at the opportunity to read the first chapter of her upcoming release of The Bachelor. They say you can't judge a book by it's cover. That may be so, but this book's cover is among my favorites. I would love to have a framed print of it. But I digress.....

Lady Gwyn Drake is preparing for her come out at the advanced age of 30. Before leaving for London, she meets an old acquaintance with whom she has a past, and he is blackmailing her. When he begins to
Arriesta
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am a big fan of both Sabrina Jefferies, historical romance genre as well as the Duke Dynasty series. Sabrina is soooo good at creating family saga’s that pull you in, book by book, with every character revealing a part of themselves that add to the layers of the story.

The Bachelor is Book #2 and I do believe it would help readers to read Book #1 – Project Duchess beforehand to understand the family dynamics as the are a tad complicated from an outside perspective. Basically, in a nutshell, the
Jessica Grogan
Anyone that knows me or has read enough of my reviews knows I love a good grouchy hero. Joshua just didn’t do it for me though, and I wasn’t a huge fan of Gwyn. The issue with the old suitor wasn’t overly enthralling, either. Did feel like I was missing some information, even after reading the first book but it’s been a while. I’ll give the third book a try.

*I received an eARC from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Melissa
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was only a one chapter preview of the book. However, that one chapter was enough to hook me in. I can not wait to read the whole book!
I love the opening. The feeling that you are reading the gossip column of a newspaper is an intriguing twist that had me giddy to know more. Lady Gwyn's advanced age (30) is also a perspective that I am dying to read more about. This feels like a refreshing story line to break the monotony of the young, naive maiden in distress.
Elodie
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was granted a short previous from this book through Netgalley.
After reading the previous book in this Duke Dynasty I was definitively eager to see more of all the siblings.
So here is Gwyn’s Story, she is from the second marriage bed of her mother.
This introduction to the story left me with a taste of not enough.
How I do hate to read stories when I am left hanging at the cliff and with so many months in front of me before its release.
What ever, it was already preordered when the launch date was
GigiReads
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received just a synopsis chapter and it was very interesting in that the heroine is being blackmailed by a mysterious man from her past. The hero is a scarred war veteran who clearly has feelings for the heroine and she seems oblivious. A very engaging first chapter, I may purchase the book to see where it goes.
Carey’s Reviews
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book from NetGalley to read and review! However, I only received the first chapter and I don’t feel I can review the book based on one chapter- even though it was an interesting first chapter!
Tales Of A Bookbug
I love Sabrina Jeffries and her writing, so naturally I went into this expecting a lot from it! But, sadly it ended up disappointing me.
This series features the various children of a duchess who was married thrice -to different dukes- and all three of them are dead.

The Bachelor focuses on Lady Gwyn Drake, the daughter from her mother's second marriage! She's thirty years old and pretty much on the shelf, but after spending most of her years in Berlin she's back in London and she's to be
Krystal
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a thoroughly engaging novel with complex characters and a plot that kept me glued to the pages.

I enjoyed watching Gwyn and Joshua interact with one another throughout this novel. From being friends of a sort who were distrustful of most everyone, to watching as the sparks started to fly these two were a delight. The banter between them, as well as their interactions as he served as her body-guard created several laugh out loud moments. I especially liked the way he managed to give her
Angela
Jan 19, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
#TheBachelor #NetGalley

This the second book in the Duke Dynasty series. I did not read the first one. Typically, it's not a problem, but in this instance I feel like I missed some things by not having read the first one.

This book is about Gwyn and Joshua... Both of them are older (30ish), but Gwyn is just being presented at court and her brother hires Joshua as Gwyns bodyguard because she's being blackmailed by a former suitor. There are some complex family dynamics and everyone in this book
Marti
Sabrina Jeffries has written The Bachelor, which is the newest and second book in the Duke Dynasty series. The book follows a mismatched family with three Dukes and their siblings. Some being wealthy and others not so wealthy. The link that ties them all together is Lydia Fletcher who married three times. This book focuses Gwen Drake and Joshua Wolfe.

Gwen is the sister of a duke and is out on the marriage mart at the age of 30. She has many secrets from her past that she has kept from her
Maja  - BibliophiliaDK ✨
SWEET ROMANCE AND A LOVABLE HERO

Reading the first in this series made me really look forward to Gwyn and Joshuas' story. They had such fun chemistry, with Gwyn being the aggressor and Joshua being the shy one, that was a nice twist.

WHAT I LIKED

Joshua: I loved the surly, grumpy Joshua who was insecure about his bad leg. He was a very likable and relatable hero, and quite original as compared to other HR male protagonists.

Gwyn: Gwyn was not my favourite character in the first book. I felt like
Janet
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lady Gwyn Drake is now thirty & has long protected her family's reputation by hiding an imprudent affair from her youth. But when her former suitor appears at Armitage Hall, manhandling the heiress and threatening to go public with her secrets, it's Gwyn who needs protecting. Major Joshua Wolfe, the estate's gamekeeper, rescues her. I received a preview of the first chapter from NetGalley, which I eagerly read but the big downside is that I need more. The first chapter does exactly what it ...more
Luz Trevino
The Bachelor is the second book in the Duke Dynasty series.
Rating: 3 stars

The Bachelor was a good read. Lady Gwyn and Major Wolfe were both likable characters. They both have survived a difficult past. A past where they are still suffering the consequences of their choices.
I loved how protective Joshua was of Gwyn and how she made his day to day a little better. She soothed him in his moments of anxiety. Plus, their chemistry was off the charts. Once they kissed they had a hard time stopping.
Cherry London
I would love to say this book was a gem to read, but seeing as its just one chapter I’m reviewing it’s a bit hard to say that. In all honesty, I cannot do this book full justice from reading just one chapter. Although I would say, the one chapter was captivating and interesting. Which I guess should give an indication of how the book would be.
Helena#bookdreamer
I did not realize this was not the entire book therefore there is not enough content for me to comment on. Disappointed. I love this author.
Jhommie Kem-ing
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is only a preview of the book however it surely got me hooked! I found the characters so enthralling. I can't wait to read the whole thing.
Desca
Sep 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was just able to read the pre-review of the novel yet the novel seems very intriguing. A lady who is being blackmailed and the knight in shining armour. Ah, cannot wait for read the whole book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Scot Under the Covers (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #2)
  • Wild, Wild Rake (The Cavensham Heiresses #6)
  • Every Bit a Rogue (The Ellinghams, #4)
  • This Earl of Mine (Bow Street Bachelors, #1)
  • Forever My Duke (Unlikely Duchesses, #2)
  • The Duke's Desire (12 Dukes of Christmas #8)
  • Seduction on a Snowy Night
  • The Earl Not Taken (The Wallflowers of West Lane, #1)
  • The Arrangement
  • Dukes, Actually (12 Dukes of Christmas # 5)
  • The Duke's Bride (12 Dukes of Christmas #6)
  • The Duke's Embrace (12 Dukes of Christmas #7)
  • A Reluctant Bride (The Shelley Sisters Book 1)
  • In Bed with the Earl (Lost Lords of London, #1)
  • The Beast of Beswick (Everleigh Sisters, #1)
  • Joy to the Duke (Love is All Around #3)
  • For the Sake of a Scottish Rake (Besotted Scots, #3)
  • Highland Sword (Royal Highlander #3)
Sabrina Jeffries is the NYT bestselling author of over 50 novels and works of short fiction (some written under the pseudonyms Deborah Martin and Deborah Nicholas). Whatever time not spent writing in a coffee-fueled haze of dreams and madness is spent traveling with her husband and adult autistic son or indulging in one of her passions—jigsaw puzzles, chocolate, and music. With over 9 million ...more

Duke Dynasty (3 books)
  • Project Duchess (Duke Dynasty, #1)
  • Who Wants to Marry a Duke (Duke Dynasty, #3)