Start by marking “Hardboiled Love (Sutter City Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Hardboiled Love (Sutter City Book 1)

Hardboiled Love (Sutter City Book 1)

I don’t fool around with clients. That means Elsie is off-limits. But from the moment she walked into my office, I knew I’d be breaking all of my rules for her. I’ll do whatever it takes to make her mine.

Hard. Rough. Dangerous. That’s what people say about me, and I don’t deny a word of it. Being a private detective in Sutter City requires a serious level of grit. In my
Published April 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Hardboiled Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hardboiled Love

MichelleG
May 04, 2019 rated it liked it
A novella length insta everything story, Hardboiled Love had a lot of things going for it. A suitably growly alpha male out to protect his newly discovered heroine, steamy love scenes and fast paced action. Where I felt the story lacking was in the actual story telling. There seemed to be more telling rather than showing and instances where the characters broke the fourth wall. It is a personal peeve of mine. Also, I know this is an instalove/instalust story, but one scene in particular had me s ...more
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

A quick insta EVERYTHING romance that was sexy, had tons of suspense, action and sizzling HOT scenes that made for a great read!

Allison Moss's first book just goes to show that this author has talent and will write books that will get her a great following. I enjoyed Hardboiled Love and liked the characters and where this book took me. It was full of surprises and steam that I loved plus it was the perfect quick treat!

Hardboiled Love gets a HOT AND STEAMY FOUR
Speed
May 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Short smutty read

This is an insta-meet, insta-lust, a bit of action, followed by insta-love story starring Daniel, the private eye that Elsie hires to find out why a box of money was left on her doorstep. It was filled with lots of sex and cum and dirty talk. We get a brief appearance from Mason and Jessica. We also get to meet Blade, Daniel's brother. 3 solid stars.
LMR
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Readers Over 18 Only Please
Recommended to LMR by: Allison Moss &Booksprout
Hardboiled Love (Sutter City Book 1) by Allison Moss Hardboiled Love (Sutter City Book 1) By: Allison Moss
"Hardboiled Love" Is A Great Read With An Awesome Balance Between Drama & S€X¥ Times!!
When She comes IN to MY office with a Problem...
I've got NO idea just how Serious Things are About to Get!
And I'm NOT talk'n 'bout just the Trouble that Landed RIGHT ON Her DoorStep!
Ohhh NO! Seems the woman of my dreams just walked through that Door,
And She's got MORE Trouble Chasing Her than Either of Us Bargained For...
But... I'm Tenacious, Resilient,
Jenny Brightman Harris
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book with the understanding that I could leave a voluntary and honest review.

In this book we meet Elsie and Daniel Sternwood. When this book opens we find that Elsie has been looking for a PI and not just any PI but the best. So when she walks into Daniel's office she is momentarily thrown off her game. She thought the best would mean an older man not a hot young one that she wanted. Daniel doesn't know why Elsie is in his office and at first he doesn't care all he wants is more
Uhleeseeuh
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is unrealistic AF

And I ate it right the F up. If you enjoy books by Alexa Riley, Penny Wylder, or Madison Faye, I recommend this book. I'll be honest: I was invited to read this as an ARC, and was a little worried when I learned this is a debut novel. I had no reason to worry. I love how Moss wrote the story, and especially loved her dialogue. It was the only realistic aspect of the story (again, not a complaint.) The smut was really hot and steamy. I didn't feel a huge connection betw
Lauren
This story is short, fast paced and an enjoyable read. I read this book in one sitting and was satisfied throughout. This book is the first book of Allison Moss’s that I have read and the first that she has released. I found the writing style easy to follow, the characters loveable and the storyline enjoyable.
When Elsie finds herself in a situation, she hires private investigator, Daniel to help her. What she doesn’t expect whilst dodging danger is to fall in love with Daniel.
The chemistry bet
Elysian Fields
Shelves: arcs
What a fun story this was! This is an action packed very steamy insta love read that gives the readers exactly what they want: love, lust, passion and heat. This is the story of Elise and Daniel. Elise finds a strange box delivered to her and finds help with Daniel (a PI). His protectiveness is instant and fun to read. I really enjoyed the instant attraction between the characters and I liked that this was more than just steamy scenes. There was a great, thought out plot with plenty of action. I ...more
Zoe
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time I have read this Authors work and as I get futher in I am enjoying it more and more. If you like books by Alexa Riley then you will thoroughly enjoy Allison Moss. The over the top Alpha Man who wants his lady and will protect her at all costs and the Naughty lady with a very dirty side when it come to the man she wants. I honestly could not put this down, I loved the way the charecters are written, This book has definetly proven Allison has a new reader in me.

This book has
Vivian Chrisman
New author...new series

This is the first book in a new series by a new author which makes for a risky read. Will the writing flow nicely? Will the characters be likable? Answer to both those questions is "yes". If you're looking for the next "Times bestseller", keep looking. If you're looking for "lust at first glance, love at first kiss" with enough heat to keep you warm, this is it! After reading Daniel and Elsie's story, I'm more than ready to take a few return trips to Sutter City.

*I receive
Jackie Roberts
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Elise finds a strange box delivered to her and finds help with Daniel (a PI). His protectiveness is instant and fun to read. I really enjoyed the instant attraction between the characters and I liked that this was more than just steamy scenes. There was a great, thought out plot with plenty of action. Elise finds a strange box delivered to her and finds help with Daniel (a PI). His protectiveness is instant and fun to read. I really enjoyed the instant attraction between the characters and I li ...more
Glenda
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Elsie is in a panic and needs a private investigator. She expected to see an old man in a trench coat. What she got was a downright gorgeous man with muscles for days. Now she can't get him off her mind.
Daniel agrees to do all he can to help out the sexy little gal who shows up at his office. He doesn't expect that to include saving her life and hiding from the mob.
Buckle up and follow along on their adventure. Very well written story with wonderful characters and a fantastic plot.
I received an
Ashleigh
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I gotta say, this book was everything and nothing like I expected. I could not put it down once I started it and did not want it to end when I got there.

An intense emotionally heartfelt story-line that grabs you right from the start keeping you engrossed and on edge throughout the quick & steamy romance with high-scale chemistry & low-scale drama.
Contents include: dirty & descriptive sex, a hot & sweet instalove plot complete with an HEA. No cheating, no cliffhanger.

I received
Harim (The Reader Blog)
May 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
So, I am gonna lay it down simple.

This author is pretty badass.
I was lucky enough that she offered me her ARC, tempting me with my ultimate obsession.

So,now he have a heroine who is a damsel in distress and she reaches out to this private eye and the private eye happens to be an alpha who will go the extra mile for her.

Enjoyable. It had a good plot, good chemistry. All set. I loved how her writing was easy and flowy, if that makes sense

I am grateful to be given a chance to experience her wri
Raquel
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quick steamy read with insta love and a fair share of action. This had a really great start where our heroine Elsie goes looking for a Private detective a solve a huge problem that landed on her doorstep and find a lot more then just at great PI. There were times that i didn’t really feel the connection between the couple but overall this was a great read this is the authors first book that definitely have me interested to read what else she has in store for this series.

Voluntarily read and rev
Misty Schott
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely hot and fabulous!!!!

OMG, this is a new author and this book is hot AF!!! It's insta-everything and super awesome story. Elsie and Daniel are hot together and he will do everything to keep her safe. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and can't wait to read more from this author. Definitely a great read and if you love reading Alexa Riley or Madison Faye, I highly recommend this book as a must read!!!!
Melissa
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
They benefit from someone else’s mistake

If over the top instalust that quickly turns to instalove is your kinda of thing than this book is a must read. Filled will suspense and off the charts heat, Daniel and Elsie have a connection from the second they met, and it only grows deeper with every second.
I look forward to reading the remaining books in this series. Read through Kindle Unlimited
Amazeballs Book Addicts
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hardboiled Love is a short quick read. Elsie ends up at Daniel's work looking for a private investigator. She got herself in a little bit of a pickle. Daniel and Elsie have an instant connection. They end up having a major issue with the Irish mob but they still find time have super hot scenes. There was a great action plot as well as super sexy times mixed perfectly together. I can't wait to see where the side characters in this one go when they have their own books.
Debra Richardson
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fantastic! This is a great read that is fast pace, action-packed, and exciting. The twists and turns, suspense, and danger make for an incredible read and will spike your heart rate. The characters are realistic, well developed, and believable; the chemistry between them is instant, intense, and off the charts. Definitely recommended.

Gladys
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This short read was very fun and steamy. The chemistry between Daniel and Elsie sizzled and the pull between them was undeniable. Add in a bit of danger, action and excitement and you have a very entertaining book perfect for when you are short of time, want something quick and spicy or just want something lighter after a heavy read. This is my independant, impartial review.
Cheryl   Graham-Petit
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you're looking for a short, fast-paced, action-packed romance story with a great storyline, suspense, danger, off-the-charts chemistry, and plenty of steam, then check out Hardboiled Love by Allison Moss. This is the first book in the Sutter City series and can't wait for the next book.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
Melissa
May 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Over the top insta-love story with some action, adventure and a growly alpha male whos going after his woman.
Elsie is in trouble and a PI seems like her best option and that how she ends up in Daniels office without realizing she might have found more than she bargain.

Tuakana Toka
May 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Love at first sight??? Yep indeed.

Not bad. It's quick pace action and the instantaneous sexual chemistry that flares up between Elsie and Daniel is panty melting hot. There's an element of mystery, dangerous thrills that arouses not only the senses....
Pat
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found this book to be a very enjoyable read with the well written storyline and characters that were so well rounded that I was so engrossed in this story that I ended up reading this book in one sitting!
Stories in Review
Good read. Lots of steam. Reads very easy and fast.
Sharon Noble
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is fast paced ,full of action, sex & love. Elisa has found a box of money on her door step, so she turns to Daniel for help to find out where it came from!
Holly
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a funny, sexy and action packed story. Elsie hires hot PI, Daniel, when she finds a box of money on her doorstep and things heat up from there. I freely reviewed this book.
Leslie Fischer
Keely
Prontoreader
May 17, 2019
Allison Moss lives a perfectly ordinary life, which she makes up for by writing some of the most wild, over-the-top, kindle-melting romance books you'll ever read.

Her stories feature tough, alpha heroes and strong, likable heroines. There's adventure, some insta-love, LOTS of steam, and always a HEA! If you're into fun, steamy, safe romance reads, Allison Moss is the author for you.

Want a free boo