Start by marking “Fake ID Wife (Club Undercover Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Fake ID Wife (Club Undercover Book 1)

Fake ID Wife

(Club Undercover #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  73 ratings  ·  20 reviews
No cover charged... no ID required... safety guaranteed...

Convicted of a murder she didn’t commit, a desperate Elise Mitchell escapes prison to rescue her young son from the clutches of the probable killer, her late husband’s sister. With help from Club Undercover’s owner and employees, she dons a new identity and poses as the wife of the sexy head of security, Logan Smith
Kindle Edition
Published May 17th 2019 by Dangerous Love Publishing (first published March 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Fake ID Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fake ID Wife

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Fake ID Wife (Club Undercover Book 1)
Linda Strong
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it

Elise Mitchell goes to bed one night and finds her husband has been stabbed to death with her own letter opener. The only people in the house besides themselves was their 2-year-old son and her husband's sister.

Convicted of the murder, Elise spends three years in prison, before escaping. Her husband's sister has guardianship of her son, and she fears for his life.

Club Undercover is run by a man who believes in second chances. With the club owner and his employee's help, she finds a new identity
Linda Walters
May 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
It felt like a good build up to a new series. A good introduction of characters that were new to me. Gideon the club owner, Cass (Elise's friend) and Logan. I liked the difference that the Club presented. It also made me want to know more about Gideon and what his story is.
At one point just before the 40ish mark on my Kindle I was getting kind of impatient though. It felt like it was starting to drag. A fair amount of replaying of the same emotions by several of the people.
I felt that the rom
Cindy
Jan 27, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars, review
She got blamed for killing her husband, while she didn’t do it. Now she escaped from prison to safe her son. Trying to safe him she gets help from former policeman Logan. Of course they get romantic feelings for each other. The real killer did surprise me at the end of the book. Didn’t see that one coming.
Donna
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an absolutely tremendous book about a woman (Elise) who was convicted of the murder of her husband (which she didn't do). After serving three years of her prison sentence she risks everything to escape because her son was placed in the care of the woman she thought was the real murderer. She was willing to do anything to rescue her son. The prison escape takes place at the beginning of the book and was a very suspenseful event, so the book starts right away with suspense which then conti ...more
J Young
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
A suspenseful crime mystery/romance!

The powerful Mitchell family made sure Elise was convicted of her husband's. With his father dead and Elise in prison, Eric is the beneficiary of his father’s wealth and is in the care of her in-laws, one of whom is surely the real murderer. Elise plots her prison escape to save her son’s life but it does not go according to plan. She is shot and swept away in the floodwaters and presumed dead but survives.

Cass, her best friend in prison, helps Elise get a job
Debbie Caswell
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a non stop action from the word go a great page turner that draws you in and keeps you engaged until that very last page. Patricia is anew author for me but if this is any indication of her work she will fast become a favourite

Elise was charged and convicted of the murder of her husband now after serving three years she know she has to get out and get her son back before her husbands family take him over completely. She is shot and nearly drowns during her escape but after recovering she
Nikki Brooks
Great read from a new-to-me author.

Elise was made the scapegoat for her wealthy husband's murder. Now after 3 years she has managed to escape and her only aim is to make sure her son is safe from her cold, socialite in-laws!

She manages to get assistance from an acquaintance and manages to get a job at Club Undercover, little realising that they may just be the saviours she has been looking for.

Logan has his own agenda when it comes to this prominent family. He blames a certain member for the dea
Cindy Reifel
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Elise has been convicted of the murder of her husband and, been in jail for 3 years.She has to get back to her son before her husband's family steals him from her permanently. When she breaks out, she is shot and, almost drowns before she heals and makes her way to Club Undercover for help.
Logan works at Club Undercover and, has been trying to investigate the death of his sister. He believes that a prominent U.S. Senator caused her death and, he won't stop until he extracts his revenge.
Logan is
Irene S
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pretending to be his wife…. This is a great start to a series. Wrongfully convicted of killing her husband, Elise has escaped prison because she is afraid that her son is in danger from the real murderer. Elise is given a second chance by a club owner but his head of security Logan is not convinced that Elise is innocent. Logan gives Elise an opportunity by pretending to be his wife to get close to her son but Logan might have his own agenda. I received a free copy of this book from the publishe ...more
Heather W
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great start to a new series. Well-developed characters, suspense, and lots of twists and turns make this story an enjoyable read.

Elise, a mother unjustly accused of the murder of her husband, escapes from prison to get her son back. Logan works for Club Undercover, a security agency that helps Elise obtain everything necessary to conceal her identity. Logan has his own reasons for working with Elise in her quest. Along the way, they can't help themselves as they start to fall in love
Denise
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not having read many from this author but I do like the sound of many of her novels that when I got the opportunity to read this one started right in. Elise will have you following quite the story in this with enough gas to ramp up the adrenaline in places. Many obstacles from the git go but help she is going to get her son. Let us not forget Logan who will have you sweating bullets in now time. Enjoyed the drama and seeing how fake becomes real.
Edwin Bessant
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A well written story that keeps you interested through to the end

Wow. This has been an interesting read I don't know this author the book was a random selection for my kindle. However I have enjoyed reading this very moving story. Hopefully I'll be able t pick up some works from this series and perhaps try other works by this author. I think th deserves a 5 star rating and I hope you'll agree with me.
Patti P
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story because it had everything I enjoy reading: unexpected storyline filled with drama! Elise is a wonderful mother that will stop at nothing to get her son back into her arms. Logan has an unexpected storyline that makes him a great character to root for! Just when you think you have everything figured out, you realize that you don't. The ending is perfect! i received this book free in exchange for an honest review. ...more
Bookgypsy
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Escaping from prison to save her son, Elise meets up with people willing to help her (each for their own reasons). As the story progresses you not only learn Elise’s story but get small glimpses into Club Underground. A good storyline for a stand-alone book, and a good lead for the series. A good read for a snowy morning.
Karen Roma
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
What an interesting story! I really enjoyed the plot of the woman falsely accused of murder, and her determination to retrieve her son from nefarious relatives. The storyline was good and flowed easily, and the interaction between Elise and Logan was believable, if somewhat predictable. Overall, this was a well-written story and a quick, one sitting read.
Annette Sullivan
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good

I liked this book. The authour has great potential. The plot is a good one and just when I thought it was a little sluggishly written the plot picked up and it started to speed up holding my attention wholly. Except for the sex scene and erotic thoughts it was an ok read. No bad language of any kind.
Jackie
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A suspenseful story at its best. Elise is convicted of a crime she didn’t commit. Somehow she has to save her son from the killing. Intriguing all the way to the end.
Jeanie Kidd
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and Logan and Elise together and the story behind them .
Suzanne Fisher
Mar 12, 2020 rated it liked it
I can't remember if I finished reading this book. It is not my favorite genre, although it seemed to be a pretty good plot and characters. ...more
Lhenry
May 10, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story but nothing special. Characters were nice, but not real surprise throughout the story
Ronald Richardson
Oct 08, 2019
Julieann Coleman
Feb 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Free Books, .99, ...: 99c Romantic Suspense New Release 1 3 May 08, 2019 06:31AM
99 cent Bestsellers: 99c Romantic Suspense! 1 8 May 08, 2019 06:25AM

• Sanctuary City
  • A Spy Came Home (Mac Ambrose, #1)
  • The Bad Lady
  • Watching (The Making of Riley Paige #1)
  • Under a Raging Moon  (River City Crime #1)
  • Height of Danger (Brothers of Spirit #1)
  • Assassin's Revenge Sneak Peek
  • Espionage - London
  • Operation Cairo (False Idols Season 1 Episode 1)
  • The Sasha McCandless Series: Volume 1 (Sasha McCandless #1-3)
  • Era of Evil (Callahan Boyle Thriller #2)
  • The Target List
  • Pretty Reckless (Deputy Laney Briggs/Texas Ranger #1)
  • ONE LAST KILL
  • DIE NOW OLD MAN
  • Granny's Got a Gun (Secret Agent Granny #1)
  • Death In December - A Short Mystery: A Jayne Belmont Mystery Series (Jayne Belmont Mysteries Book 1)
  • Broken Protocol Conspiracy (Sky Fall Event Series)
With 100 novels and more than seven million books in print, New York Times & USA Today bestselling author Patricia Rosemoor is fascinated with "dangerous love" – combining romance with danger. She has written various forms of romantic and paranormal romantic thrillers, bringing a different mix of thrills and chills to her stories.

Club Undercover (5 books)
  • VIP Protector (Club Undercover #2)
  • Velvet Ropes (Club Undercover Book 3)
  • On The List (Club Undercover Book 4)
  • Red Carpet Christmas (Club Undercover Book 5)