Start by marking “The Last to See Her” as Want to Read:
The Last to See Her

The Last to See Her

A woman disappears into the dark city night…

Gen is on the verge of a divorce from her cheating husband. When her sister, Meg, has a convention to attend in the Big Apple, she invites Gen along to celebrate her newly found freedom. But the perfect sisters’ getaway quickly goes awry when a tipsy Gen defiantly throws her wedding ring off the hotel room’s balcony. Then, wantin
Expected publication: December 15th 2020 by MIRA

To ask other readers questions about The Last to See Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last to See Her

Start your review of The Last to See Her
Dita
Gen is devastated to discover her husband has been cheating on her so when her sister invites her to come for a visit to get her mind off things it seems like a great idea.

Until she disappears off the face of the Earth. Did she leave of her own accord or is something far more sinister afoot?

As the twists, turns and truths unravel, the tension amps and amps straight to a satisfying conclusion.

Jayme
Aug 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars-rounded up.....🤔

Gen, a romance novelist is about to sign the divorce papers which will dissolve her marriage to her cheating husband, Thad.

Her sister Meg, a renowned Physician, needs to attend a convention in New York, so Gen accompanies her, so they can “celebrate”!

After a decadent dinner and too much to drink, they return to their hotel suite, where Gen proceeds to throw her very expensive wedding ring off of the hotel balcony.

Needing fresh air after her defiant act, she decides
Nilufer Ozmekik
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay. I loved it. I loved Gen. I loved the well developed, fair, karma is a bitch kind of conclusion. I loved the intriguing chapters and learning more about psychological evolution of Gen. How she struggled with jealousy, hurt, betrayal. How she dealt with her pain.

And of course I just wanted to spit on the faces of two characters. Meg, sister dearest and Thad- husband assholest are so far best hatable, punchable, detestable, rotten eggs throwable characters I’ve been lately introduced.

Even t
Dita
Aug 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Gen is devastated to discover her husband has been cheating on her, so when her sister invites her to come for a visit to get her mind off things it seems like a great idea.

Until she disappears off the face of the Earth.

Did she leave by own accord or is something far more sinister afoot?

Thank you to Courtney Evan Tate, Mira Books, and NetGalley for giving me this ARC in exchange for an honest
Paula  Phillips
Sep 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

When I saw that Courtney Evan Tate had a new book coming, I just had to read it as I have read everything to date by this author and I knew I would enjoy it in some capacity. What a rollercoaster ride was The Last to See Her. The book started with our main female lead Gen going through a divorce as her husband the past year has pulled away and had an affair. She just wants to leave the big city and move on. Before she does that, her sister Meg invites her to New York where she is speaking at a c
Elizabeth
My thoughts
Rating: 4
Genre: Psychological thriller
Would I recommend it? Yes
Would I read more by this author? Yes
First off I want to thank the MIRA-HARLEQUIN – Trade Publishing (U.S. & Canada) for the invite to read and review it as well as NetGalley because like always they found me something that I enjoyed reading and couldn't put down if I wanted to. This book has all the twists, turns I could want as well as showing just how someone will go to get back at someone and that person may never see
Beas Chattaraj
Genevieve is going through a divorce. Her husband had cheated on her and she wants to get things over with. When her sister Meghan invites her to New York to celebrate her newfound singlehood, Gen obliges. But then she goes missing.
This book takes us through the present and past lives of Gen, Meghan and Thad (Gen's husband) and the ongoing investigation process. Strange things are discovered and with time, it is clear that everyone in Gen's life has something to hide.
The storyline was good, as
Alyson Stone
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, mystery
Book: The Last to See Her
Author: Courtney Evan Tate
Rating: 4 Out of 5 Stars

I would like to thank the publisher, Mira Books, for providing me with an ARC.

I really enjoyed this thriller and thought it was well done. It’s one of those books that will leave you guessing right up until the very end, which is something that I do enjoy. I’ve been reading a lot of thrillers with a supernatural turn in them, so to read something that very well could happen was great. I liked the sense of realness that t
Renee
Sep 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-netgalley
Sisters Meg and Gen are in NY. Meg for a work conference and Gen to distance herself from her impending divorce. They have always been extremely close, even though their personalities and chosen professions couldn't be more different. After a great dinner and too many drinks, Gen decides to go for a walk to clear her head. When Meg wakes up in the morning, Gen still hasn't returned, seemingly vanishing into the night.
I seem to have chosen several books lately where sibling dynamics play a major
Johnna Whetstone
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a fun, realistic, thriller! This book grabbed me from page one! Was definitely well written, unique, and unputdownable! Twisty, shocking, thrilling, and chilling! A must read for my fellow thrill seekers! I promise you’ll be glued to the pages, but prepare for some whip lash and a hangover, as I promise it’ll be giving both those and more! While, it seems to be a tale done many times over, this was definitely written in a way that showed originality, which kept me guessing! So many und ...more
Regina De Los Reyes
At the start of this story, Gen is a bestselling romance author who is getting a divorce, her husband has cheated on her. She says she is going to sell her condo and move back home, when she shares the news with her sister Meg, Meg sounds like the concerned sister and asking her if she is sure as that means Meg wont be near. Gen is adamant and Meg tells her they will celebrate when they go on their trip to New York for a conference that Meg is supposed to attend, they will celebrate Gen's divorc ...more
Janet
Date reviewed: September 2, 2020

When life for the entire universe and planet turns on its end and like everyone else you "have nothing to do" while your place of work is closed and you are continuing to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation, superspeed readers like me can read 250+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. And it is way too hot to go outside, so why not sit in from of the blasting a/c and read and review books??

I requested and received a temporary digital Advanc
Roma Sharma
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
I started reading this book a few days after I got it so I had forgotten the blurb about it. I realized that it helped me because I went in completely clueless and was hooked pretty quickly. This was impossible to put down. I breezed through the first 25% before I knew it. The writing was conversational, smooth and enticing. The plot was suspenseful and intriguing. I could sense the undercurrents among the characters, they were very subtle but the writing style is such that the messages come acr ...more
buzy_reading
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
On a cold night in New York City, Genevieve was out celebrating her divorce with her sister Meghan. After one too many drinks Genevieve throws her ring off the balcony then decides to go for a late evening walk by herself. The next day her sister grows worried when Gen doesn’t return from her walk. After waiting twenty four hours to report her missing Meghan realizes her sister might’ve been taken.
Police question Meg as she was the last to see her. Perturbed by the investigating detectives progr
Stephanie Rivera
Sep 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well this was a wild ride with so many twists and turns and you just didn’t know what was going to be revealed next. Gen is divorcing her cheating husband Thad a lawyer and she is with her sister Meg in New York accompanying her for a medical conference and celebrating her imminent divorce once she signs the papers. They got to out dinner that night and get drunk and when they get back to their hotel room Meg asks Gen why she is still wearing her wedding ring. Gen takes it off, walks out to the ...more
Michelle Fairchild
Aug 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Meg and Gen are sisters and each other best friends. Gen is creative and a writer: whereas, Meg is more scientific. She's a surgeon. On a trip to New York City, Gen disappear in the middle of the night.

Meg and Gen might be sisters and best friends, but they both have kept secrets from each other. The characters are real and I dove headfirst into the story. It did start out slow up until Gen goes missing. The story is told through both sister's point of view by chapters. So you get a snippet of
talon smith
Aug 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't think there was anything special or anything that stood out about this book. But I did have a hard time putting it down so I'm giving it four stars for that fact alone. Once I started reading-- I was hooked!

*The biggest part to remember when you read this book is you will need to realize that some of the things that happen-- are very unbelievable. Or maybe even questionable. And of course that is just my personal opinion.*

I also wouldn't classify this as a "domestic thriller". I have r
Jenn
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, arc
I had to dig this cover out from Edelweiss, because it's still missing from GR and from the ARC. So, I JUST saw the cover a minute ago...and it makes no sense. She's clearly outside a subway car and, while they are in NYC, I don't remember anyone using the subway at all and it's certainly not a plot point. Now, on to the contents of the book...

Gen is in the process of divercing her husband. She plans to move back to her small-town home from Chicago where she's lived for ages. But first, her sist
Shay
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well that was a bombshell of a read. There were so many twists and turns and the mystery behind it all was exciting. You could not stop reading. The bread crumbs that were delivered throughout the book finally pieced together. You keep wandering where is Gen? You are torn between did she do this to herself? Did someone she know do it or was it completely random? You are in for a thrilling journey of secrets and betrayal. I loved that we get POV’s from just about all involved in this story. I was ...more
Natalie
Sep 07, 2020 rated it liked it
This is a terrific mystery about the twisted lives of sisters. It is written in a very interesting style, as twisted as their lives. The complications unfold with the story as new information bubbles up and expands the plot.

Meaghan and Gen, (loving sisters?), travel to NYC to celebrate Gen’s divorce. The obvious is never obvious in this book and events swirl around the women after Gen leaves their hotel and disappears.
Though there’s lots of unlikely events and emotions in the book, it did enga
Kelli Spear
Hmmm...this was okay. I really liked the beginning. But as it went on, I felt the story started to drag. I’m also usually a fan of past and present alternating chapters, but in this case, it didn’t work for me.

I’m sure this’ll be ironed out more before release, but the errors were distracting too. Meg’s name in place of Gen. Eye colors switching.

I also found the potential romance between Meg and Hawk to be out of place and odd. It felt wrong.

The actual mystery was less interesting too. As the
Shannon
I enjoyed the premise of this book; I love books where, when the secrets start being revealed, they just keep coming and coming.

The problem here is that only one character in the book is likable (one is tenuous; he is ok, but in small doses). None of the villains were interesting enough to be delicious- and I guess I have to admit that I like my villains glaringly evil, not just kind of awful and icky and the kind of person you would never want as a husband or a sister.

Lovers of suspense and a g
Jannelies
What I liked about the book was that I kept on reading (although I do not have a lot of time to read nowadays) because I wanted to know what really happened with Genevieve. For me, the book lacked a bit in character development and tension. All characters are a bit flat and since the whole story revolves around what happened with Genevieve, more depth and background would have been good. The ending felt a bit rushed and I think it would have been better to start working towards this ending earli ...more
Paula
Aug 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Exciting twists and turns in The Last To See Her by Courtney Evan Tate. The storyline was a bit sad but a good glimpse into lies, deception, and mental anguish. The story is told from the two main characters, sisters Meg and Gen. the first part of the story was a bit slow, but once Gen goes missing, the story and action pick up. I figured out how it would end, but it didn’t detract from my finishing the book. Overall, a fair.y solid story and mystery.

#TheLasttoSeeHer #NetGalley
Krista (A Crease In The Spine Book Reviews)
What a fun, realistic, thriller!. This book grabbed me from page one!.it is definitely well written and unique.

Twisty, shocking, thrilling, and chilling! A must read for my fellow thrill seeking readers.Prepare yoursel for some whip lash and chilling moments

It’s one of those books that will leave you guessing right up until the very end. Definietely recommend

Thank you netgalley and HARLEQUIN – Trade Publishing (U.S. & Canada) for this arc
Lisa
Sep 11, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn’t love or hate this book. It’s a quick, easy read and it kept me interested until the end. However, there are some things that I found completely unbelievable and the ending felt a bit rushed to me and left me with some unanswered questions.

Thanks to Edelweiss and Mira for providing me with an ARC to review.
Selena
Sep 22, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss
A sisters’ girls weekend turns into a nightmare when one sister disappears without a trace. She was about to be free from her loveless marriage. Maybe her husband planned something other than a divorce for her. Or did he? As time goes by, more secrets come out and you find out nothing is what it seems.
Amy Phelps
Marlene Brown
I am a little conflicted. I found this to be a very engrossing story up until the last few chapters and the epilogue. At that point there were too many unanswered questions.
Dsbook
Sep 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is full of twists and turns and has a surprising ending. I am not a fan of alternating chapters and flashbacks but did have to finish the story to see how the story ended.

• Pretty Little Wife
  • Wrong Alibi
  • Too Good to Be True
  • Love Your Life
  • Every Last Secret
  • Don't Look (Pike, Wisconsin #1)
  • The Law of Innocence (Mickey Haller, #6; Harry Bosch Universe #34)