Start by marking “All the Days Past, All the Days to Come” as Want to Read:
All the Days Past, All the Days to Come

All the Days Past, All the Days to Come

(Logans #8)

The saga of the Logan family--made famous in the Newbery Medal-winning Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry--concludes in a long-awaited and deeply fulfilling story.

In her tenth book, Mildred Taylor completes her sweeping saga about the Logan family of Mississippi, which is also the story of the civil rights movement in America of the 20th century. Cassie Logan, first met in Song
Audio CD
Published January 7th 2020 by Listening Library (Audio)

To ask other readers questions about All the Days Past, All the Days to Come, please sign up.
Hawa Jalloh Yes! The author makes reference to events that happened in previous books, but not too much or in a way that makes you feel like there is a gap in the…moreYes! The author makes reference to events that happened in previous books, but not too much or in a way that makes you feel like there is a gap in the story.(less)

Start your review of All the Days Past, All the Days to Come
Kelly Hager
This is part of a series (the end, as it happens) but can be read as a standalone. (I think I read Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry in elementary school, but I don't really remember it that well. This book makes me want to read the whole series, though.)

I love the way that the civil rights era is told through the lens of this family, but the most fascinating parts for me were the ones that dealt with the actual battle to end segregation: the freedom riders and the sit-ins, and that's basically the
Richie Partington
Richie’s Picks: ALL THE DAYS PAST, ALL THE DAYS TO COME by Mildred D. Taylor, Viking, January 2020, 496p., ISBN: 978-0-399-25730-8

“I heard screaming and bullwhips cracking.
How long? How long?”
-- Neil Young, “Southern Man” (1970)

“‘and on interstate buses,’ Mama continued, ‘colored folks now can sit where they want--’
‘Yeah, federal government finally stood up and enforced their own laws like they should’ve been doing for years.’
‘Well, they’re doing it now.’
‘’Bout time,’ said Uncle Hammer, not
Miah D
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry is a great story with great writing.

All the Days Past, All the Days to Come is a solidly good story with good writing.

Beginning in the 1940s and culminating on the sweltering streets of Mississippi at the height of the Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s, ATDP reintroduces the Logan children as they mature and settle into adulthood. Cassie leads the story, and we experience the Great Migration and the Civil Rights Movement through her keen eye. Matured, but still
Kael
”I looked around, remembering all the days past, all the days sitting here with Papa, all the days of walking to the pond with Mama and Big Ma, all the childhood days of running and playing in the forest with Stacey, Christopher-John, and Little Man.....nothing ever again would be the same.”

description

I recall many years ago strolling through Barnes & Noble intent on buying Diary of a Wimpy Kid. But to my extreme displeasure, my mom pushed me to get Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D.
Kathleen
‘ALL THE DAYS PAST…’ TELLS AMERICA’S RACIAL HISTORY, THROUGH HEART, TENACITY, FIRE OF LOGAN FAMILY

Forty-five years ago, Mildred D Taylor wrote SONG OF THE TREES, and a young Cassie Logan emerged. The following year, readers would meet Cassie and her family again in ROLL OF THUNDER, HEAR MY CRY – arguably Taylor’s most famous work. The next two decades, Taylor would chronicle the Logan family’s story over nine novels/novellas for the middle grade/ya audience.

Now, nearly twenty years since her
Kristian Beverly
This was an excellent conclusion to the cherished family saga. Readers who fell in love with Cassie in Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry and followed her through Let The Circle Be Unbroken and into The Road To Memphis will enjoy this final adventure with her. This novel follows Cassie as she maneuvers through WWII, the great migration, and the Civil Rights. This book does a great job of working in history--the fears and hopes that people hold in real time. There is a lot that can be discussed in this ...more
Barbara
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would recommend this book in a heart beat to any adult or young adult. Mildred Taylor knows how to tell a story. This is the end of the series of the Logan Family told through the eyes of a little girl who grows up in Mississippi during an era of segregation. The novel ends in the year 1963. Taylor wrote Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry which became the Winner of the 1977 Newbery Medal. On January 7, 2020 her 10th and final book was released concluding the Logan Family Saga, (can be read alone ...more
The Dope Librarian
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I feel in love with the Logan family back in 99/00 when I first read Roll of Thunder Hear my cry. Since then, I have the entire series multiple times and every time it truly gets to me. This book was no different. I honestly laughed and cried the entire read.

My heart is full and I am still processing the life of Cassie Logan. Mildred has a way of pulling readers in and leaving you with your thoughts. With each read, I just know that Cassie exists.

Family is truly where the heart is. Nothing can
Shirley Freeman
Taylor continues the saga of the Logan family begun with the 1976 Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry. Cassie Logan continues to narrate her family's story. Her parents and grandma remain on the hard-won land in Mississippi while the boys, one by one, head north to Toledo. Children who read the Logan's story will gain an understanding of the great migration, black soldiers serving in WWII and returning to the same old injustices, black voter registration drives, lunch counter and bus integration ...more
Kris
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Even though this is the final book in the series, Mildred D. Taylor does an excellent job making sure readers know the characters and past events. It is a heartbreaking look at the evils of systemic racism. Whether you know Cassi and the Logan family from Roll the Thunder, Hear My Cry or are picking this book up as a stand alone, it is an engaging page turner.
Jacki
Cassie Logan. What more can one say?
Meleah
Jan 11, 2020
Melissa Cheresnick
Jan 05, 2020
Deborah
rated it did not like it
Jan 17, 2020
Katie

• The Water Dancer
  • Wilder Girls
  • Red at the Bone
  • The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)
  • City of Ghosts (Cassidy Blake, #1)
  • House of Salt and Sorrows
  • The Library at Mount Char
  • Wicked Saints (Something Dark and Holy, #1)
  • The Ballad of Black Tom
  • Gender Queer
  • Chaos: Charles Manson, the CIA, and the Secret History of the Sixties
  • The Mystery of Three Quarters (New Hercule Poirot Mysteries, #3)
  • Wanderers
  • With the Fire on High
  • Neon Prey (Lucas Davenport, #29)
  • Raised in Captivity: Fictional Nonfiction
  • I Was Their American Dream: A Graphic Memoir
  • The Dragonet Prophecy (Wings of Fire, #1)
Mildred DeLois Taylor is an African-American writer known for her works exploring the struggle faced by African-American families in the Deep South.

Taylor was born in Jackson, Mississippi, but lived there only a short amount of time, then moved to Toledo, Ohio, where she spent most of her childhood. She now lives in Colorado with her daughter.

Many of her works are based on stories of her family

Logans (8 books)
  • The Land (Logans, #1)
  • The Well: David's Story
  • Song of the Trees (Logans #3)
  • Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry (Logans, #4)
  • Let the Circle Be Unbroken