Jump to ratings and reviews

238 pages, Kindle Edition

Published June 6, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Martha Carr

384 books632 followers
Okay, I'm a late bloomer who's a big DC comics fan and spent my childhood summers on the Jersey shore but I was born under a wandering star and have lived in different parts of America ever since. That's enough about me. Need to feel inspired today? Looking for something to make you root for an ordinary hero? I'm all about that in everything I write.

I love a good tale that makes me wonder about things and I love a story even more that leaves me feeling inspired or like I'm capable of doing more than I realized. That's my goal with everything I've ever written. Some of the stories I tell involve twisting, turning thrillers and others have a lot of magic.

There's something to be said for getting lost in another world and coming out the other side feeling a little better about yourself or the possibilities in front of you. That's basically the best part of life in a nutshell, no matter what kind of story I'm setting out to tell.

Thank you for checking out my stories!

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
5 (1%)
1 star
4 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 24 of 24 reviews
Profile Image for Jessica Robbins.
2,585 reviews40 followers
July 15, 2019
This one was even better the first book! Maggie knows about magic now but she still has no clue how to really use it which causes a real problem when it comes to getting the compass back. A crash course is required to learn it all but things are still happening making it hard to focus. Add in danger, secrets, and suspense to get a book you won't be able to put down. A perfect read for fans of fantasy and magic. I totally loved it so I give it 5/5 stars. Book three is going to be so awesome!!
Profile Image for Larry.
1,398 reviews9 followers
May 28, 2022
I enjoyed this book, very much, but I have grown to expect it from Martha Carr. The main characters are very interesting, fun, and quickly become endearing. The sense of family and loyalty is growing, and the plot is easily followed. I definitely recommend this book
208 reviews
August 12, 2020
Good continuation of the story. Nice light read. Hard to accept the world as a spaceship, but can live with that as the story is a nice pleasant read.
24 reviews1 follower
October 2, 2020
Fabulous

Great story line, great characters, fast moving and hard to put down. That being said, please, more proofreading! Oh, and El Camios do NOT have a back seat!
379 reviews
November 19, 2020
Learning magic

This is a very interesting story with a police detective at its heart. Maggie has her own way of doing things but with her newfound magic things get a little intense.
Profile Image for S D Lawrie.
353 reviews
February 16, 2021
The titles changes caught me out. I was wondering if I was reading the wrong book. Excellent story that kept me reading. Onward and upward to book three.
Profile Image for Sandy Chapman.
240 reviews4 followers
April 21, 2020
Even better than the last

Action along with twist in the story line have been more engrossing than in book one of this series. Great book of urban dance with a sprinkle of sci-fi! Now on to the next book!
192 reviews1 follower
January 25, 2020
A different kind of book for Martha, I really like it!

What a great story! I have enjoyed the Peabrain books from the first concept to the new take off.
I don't want to say to much so I don't spoil it for anyone but this is really one of the few books that the rewrite really works! Lovers the book and the much more fleshed out concept. On to the next book. Peace
A question or suggestion. Is there such a thing as a review writing guide?
I try to review everything I read as quickly as I can but, just like writers I sometimes get review block. Just a suggestion...
Profile Image for Frank Bertino.
1,463 reviews8 followers
Bubble Bubble Toil And Trouble

Maggie is coming along with her magic. She just isn't there yet and the fate of the ship and her very existence depend on it. Is her current squeeze the one for her? She thinks so, but her friends warn her to be careful. What is it with mother earth trying to off her? I like the action, snarky humor, and romance. I look forward to the next book.
54 reviews
February 10, 2020
Excellent continuing adventures of Maggie Parker

Great story full of magical characters and objects. Maggie learns more about her family, as they learn more about her. She grows quickly into her role as Elemental. Exciting interactions with different types of residents on the ship called Earth. Don't want to do any spoilers, so I'll just say that this is an exciting chapter in her story you don't want to miss.
Profile Image for Diane Smith.
175 reviews1 follower
Peabrain is a compliment

Excellent second book in the series. Really good pacing, character development and storyline progression. Humor, hope, peril, and discovery all present and accounted for. Love how Maggie is coming into her magic, Dexter not withstanding, and none too soon. Now if only Earth could find balance in a non lethal way...
345 reviews
June 11, 2019
2nd book twice as good!

Martha Carr it's just so good what is Amazing Stories! So much fun so much Danger mixed in with plenty of snark. I cannot wait till July!

Howard S (the S stands for super fan)
Profile Image for Philip.
362 reviews3 followers
June 11, 2019
Bubble bubble bubbles!!

Martha and Michael is once again conspiring to create a magical world, and the result is stunningly wonderful! This book feels so geeky with a lot of pop culture references, and yet dwell in heavy philosophical questions too. Congrats Martha!
Profile Image for GARY FOREMAN.
42 reviews
Magic at every turn

Magic has a leaning curve. Getting burned, bruise d, and beaten up, all part of the process. Not dying is a real rush. Maggie has her moments of pain, love, and self dought. She is a tough police detective with a I can do this attitude.
Profile Image for Veronica.
981 reviews2 followers
July 21, 2019
Learning & surprises

Maggie is learning about her abilities as *the* Elemental, and are there some surprises for her! Maggie is also learning to trust others and to build a network. Slowly, but surely things are progressing and we see more of the magic world revealed.
Profile Image for George  Lawson.
510 reviews1 follower
June 8, 2019
Great second installment

Another good story. Strong characters and engaging story make for a fine read. Can't wait to see what comes next.
Profile Image for Lois Alston.
1,856 reviews2 followers
June 8, 2019
Lots of excitement in this story

Lots of plantains displaying powers. Maggie is getting control of her powers. Lots of discovery, adventure, fear, family and some surprises.
Profile Image for David VanEck.
88 reviews2 followers
June 12, 2019
Great

This book is, by all means, a great second book in the series, as it takes all the good from the first book, and gives you even more.
Profile Image for Ann Zdunczyk.
1,007 reviews3 followers
June 20, 2019
Love Dexter!!

Maggie is trying to find the compass along with learning more magic. Dexter was a mouse but now is a corgi!! You will have a read to see how that happened!!
10 reviews
July 4, 2019
Great book

Enjoyed the read keeps you laughing and wanting more, going to be looking for next book of Carr's...Great author working her majik
192 reviews1 follower
August 14, 2019
Getting better and better!

I'm really getting into the flow of the peabrain, I can see a real180 coming. Just have to keep my brain rolling.
Displaying 1 - 24 of 24 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.