Start by marking “Enemies With Benefits (Loveless Brothers #1)” as Want to Read:
Enemies With Benefits (Loveless Brothers #1)

Enemies With Benefits

(Loveless Brothers #1)

I don’t love him. I don’t even like him.
I just want him.

Eli Loveless was my nemesis from the first day of kindergarten until we graduated high school. Everything I did, he had to do better - and vice versa. The day he left town was the best day of my life.

Ten years later, the day he came back was the worst.

Now he’s my co-worker.

Grown-up Eli Loveless is sexy as sin. He’s ho
418 pages
Published May 15th 2019

Start your review of Enemies With Benefits (Loveless Brothers #1)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
An enemies to lovers trope has a 50/50 chance with me. Usually what can make this trope fail for me is when the enemies part has the hero and heroine behaving immaturely.

While this did start off with moments of those immature behavior, it didn't overwhelm me and it didn't take long for these two to cave to their mutual attraction.

What really had me enjoying this story was that once Eli and Violet kissed, that enemy fire was still there but the tone of it turned playful. That banter is what had
Carvanz
I loved Violet and Eli! This was such a fun, cute read!

Violet and Eli were competitors at everything since the first day of kindergarten. When graduation takes Eli in one direction and Violet’s plans take a serious detour, they each live their life with what they’ve been dealt. But with Eli’s return to town and the fact he’s now her co-worker, the competition is on again.

”Besides, dear God, Violet is pretty when she’s mad. She’s pretty all the time, but anger sparks something in her eyes th
Jacob Proffitt
If you're going to enjoy this book, you're going to have to ignore two crappy production issues. One is that awful cover. I just wanna smack that smirky wienie with his see-I-can-grow-a beard. Eli is 31. This kid looks like 31 would be unimaginably old. Also, I wanna smack his smirky face. Did I mention that, already?

The second issue is that the copy editing is abysmal. You could improve the copy edit on this thing with a high school freshman drafted from a fan fiction site. Seriously, there are
Maia
***3.25 happy stars***

Good stuff -
1. Great chemistry
2. Uber hot *** scenes
3. Well written (as in time spent on good vocabulary, grammar)
4. Inspite of being an overused trope keeps you interested due to good writing & ahem steamy steamy scenes
5. Male and female characters that you don't hate but actually like (ikr so rare) + they have a brain

Things that could be improved
1. Just wish there were some flashbacks into when they were younger or just a little more than 2-3 months in the story..just wis
Sam (AMNReader)
Okay, this is a weird one. I'm DNFing at 61% (cause I don't care anymore) but rating it a THREE and writing a review...

I do not think I've done this before. All I can is that I've had enough. The couple is together, sexing it up all the time (so glad he can hit ALL THOSE nerves!) and I started reading like 1,000,000 books and realizing that I just don't care.

In fact, I can just imagine my ideal ending and avoid reading the rest.

Hero's a chef. Fact is, I have no idea what his name was anymore. I
~♡AB♡~
I'm so happy when I find a 'new to me' author 🧡 Completely fell in love with the characters in this enemies to lovers romance, and the writing was so addictive, I can't wait to delve into the next in this series...
Julia
3 "down the middle/indifferent stars"

Wasnt on the edge of my seat reading, but I wasnt disliking it either. Just felt very Disney Channel.
Clau
Dec 25, 2019 rated it liked it
More like 3.5 ⭐
Ivy Deluca
3.25-3.5 stars

This enemies-to-lovers romance was an easy read for a Sunday afternoon and kept me entertained. Eli and Violet's Firsts (meet/kiss/love scene) are very good and the sexual tension is strong.

The story peters out a bit towards the end, and it needs a bit of good editing to clean up the text. It's a pretty straightforward, very monochromatic, aka lacking diversity, small town romance. Also, the "villains" of the piece are barely fleshed out. They exist just to create conflict, just y
Tasha  Ní Mhiacháin
DNF - 15%

There's another 357 pages left, and I don't think I can do it. 🤦🏻‍♀️

"I’m a grown-ass woman. How hard can it be?"

Really? Because you sure fooled me. Their conversations are very childish high school drama. I've read books about teenagers with more emotional maturity than those two put together.

The book title obviously states what the story is about and I don't even care, she's got the most unattractive personality on the planet, he's no better.

The writing style is strange, I don't kno
Nadia
Okay, Roxie Noir, I see you. I see you.

I have to admit I was unfairly prejudiced against this book for several reasons: I came upon this book on reddit (I had awful experiences with book recs that don't come from GR), the author was new to me, and to be honest, most books promoted as enemies to lovers romances usually are a very poor attempt at that.

I am happy to say I was wrong.

This is such a good quality love story. Really, the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced of it. Eli and Viol
Elysian Fields
Shelves: arcs
4.5 stars. There is a reason why this author is a must read for me, and this book is a great example. She takes traditional tropes and one ups them. This enemy to lovers’ story was well written and a joyous read.

I loved the tension between Violet and Eli that is what makes this book. The “hatred” was felt and I loved the way (as a reader) I was feeling that lust just as much as the displeasure they both felt for each other. I truly believe (in a well written story) the higher the hate the deeper
Isha Coleman
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
The boy who drove her crazy is the man she can't forget. Enemies with Benefits is a flameworthy romantic comedy. Noir lights up the heart with an over the top duo that are as endearing as they are frustrating, but never ceases to be entertaining. Eli and Violet incite drama with their overactive hormones and never ending banter. Noir keeps it fun, flirty and irresistible. I'm not ashamed to admit I loved every minute of it.
Kate
Aug 24, 2019 rated it liked it
A steamy and flirty friends-with-benefits romance featuring an ambitious, focused heroine with a take-no-bullshit attitude and a love for winning and a confident hero who's a bit of an asshole (at least to Violet - but she's an asshole to him too) but is also kind and giving.

This is a good book for a summer read. If you're looking for something to keep you entertained for a few hours as you're lying under a hot sun with ocean breeze settling on your skin, you've found it ;)
Sofia Lazaridou
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enemies With Benefits is the first book in the Loveless Brothers series by Roxie Noir. The first Loveless brother to get a book is Eli and the rest of the siblings make brief appearances, but I would say that I know them as characters. The things I know about them come mostly from what the others said about them. I guess I will get to know them when I read their books. Seth is the one sleeping around. so I will skip his book though.

Eli and Violet (our heroine) have history together. From the mo
Mia
Feb 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Eli and Violet story is cute childhood enemies to enemies with benefits to lovers. I like better first part of book because other half had miscommunication, but I liked brotherhood dynamic and Levi and Seth are my favorites.
Bookbytch5 janet Gray
Violet and Eli story ONE HOT READ, HOLY SHITE Batman steamy sex scenes that will set you kindle on fire. They have Love hate relationship its more like sizzling hot chemistry. A must read, I voluntarily read an advanced copy, ONE-CLICK NOW. Another great story Roxie
Ria
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
More enjoyable pandemic reading, Violet and Eli kept me engaged throughout and I loved the journey the two went on. I also adore Eli's family and I look forward to reading more about them.
Andrea Britton
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A true enemies to lovers romance.

Five Stars!

Enemies with Benefits was a amazing read. You are activated from the first page to very last. Great characters, a bit of a mystery and back and forth banter that will have you chuckling.

Violet and Eli have hated each other their whole lives. These two had a rivalry like no one else. Always trying to outdo one another all the way up to graduation. Now 10 years later they end up working at the same place. Years of frustration, years of jabs and years o
J. Ockenhouse
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Poor Violet...she starts out on a disastrous date. She knew it was bad but he takes the cake and takes he does.

She swears off men...know how that will go? Love can't have you do that it has to throw a hottie from your past that you have such oh fond memories of and bring him to your work.

Enter Eli. He's the thorn in her side that melts her into butter. At work, things start happening - things are going missing, misorders and we still have the love/hate/love/hate love happening at the same time w
Lisa :)
May 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute story and all but it could have been more.

Violet and Eli were enemies/competitors in high school.
When Eli returns after a couple of years away, both are surprised when sparks fly.

First of all, I am so glad that the author didn‘t go the „I am mean to you because I like you“ route. It‘s overused and also total bullshit. So there is that.

The book is not bad at all but it could have been so much better if everything was just a little deeper.

Even after Eli and Violet start their enemies with ben
Judy
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This to me is such a fun book. It brings back all the “fun” situations children have with others when they are young. In Violet and Eli’s case I think things just turned into a mountain. The competing became a compulsion for both of them. Violet could not let Eli win at any cost. Eli on the other hand just wanted to beat Violet at anything. I have such feelings for both characters on different sides. Violet needs to succeed at things. Eli just seems to need to beat Violet. He doesn’t possess the ...more
Kathi
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nemesis Becomes Much, Much More!!

Eli and Violet grow up competing through their school years. Both are eager to leave for college and beyond. Both end up back in their small town. “She always had to be the very best at anything, and woe to anyone who stood in her way - - usually, me.”

Never truer – the enemy of your enemy is your friend. When these two join forces and allow the attraction they have to be fulfilled everything changes. Can lifelong enemies change their stripes?

Cake emergencies, bo
J♤Đ£
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love a good enemies turned lovers book. This one was sexy AF. *fanning my face* Would definitely recommend it.
Jo Reads Romance
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An absolute delight
5 stars

Ohmigosh this book was so much of everything! It was fun, funny, sexy, and gave me that lovely little flip of butterflies in my stomach. And did I mention the banter? I do so love the enemies to lovers trope anyway, but this book is the shining example of how it should be done.

Our couple are Violet and Eli. There’s no doubt that these two hate each other and have done since they first met back when they were kids. They’re always at each other’s throats. They always
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Get ready for a competition you won’t want to miss! Enemies with Benefits was a great novel. This book had me drawn in from the beginning and kept me guessing until the very end. I enjoyed the plot and character building. If you like romance, comedy, competition, and some sabotage, then this is the book for you.
What starts off as a terrible date turns into Violet’s worst nightmare. The boy who was the bane of her existence all through school is back in town and is much more man than boy now. Wha
Julia Wolf
LOVED this book.
I'm the worst at writing reviews, but I'm going to try to convey how reading this book made me feel.
The first word that comes to mind is 'nice', which is a perfectly fine word, but who wants to be described at 'nice'?
But in the case of Enemies With Benefits, I mean 'nice' like that perfect day where you can't pinpoint exactly the one thing that made it perfect, but when you tuck yourself in bed that night, you can't wipe the smile off your face. And when you think back on it, mon
PP's Bookshelf
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enemies with Benefits by Roxie Noir was a sweet, sexy and emotional romance. She actually combined two tropes here. Friends to lovers and enemies to lovers. Does it sound contradictory and confusing? Well that is the brilliance of this story. She managed to make it work with great characters and intelligent sassy writing.

Violet and Eli has been at each other's necks throughout the school. The competition was for academic and any kind of achievements. Now years after they are facing each other.

• Love According to Science
  • Faking Ms. Right (Dirty Martini Running Club #1)
  • IOU
  • A Billion Times No (Fake It Till You Make It #1)
  • By a Thread
  • Faking It with the Frenemy
  • Hatemates
  • The Price Of Scandal (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Boss I Love to Hate: An Office Romance
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • The Break-Up Bet
  • Overnight Wife
  • Master Baker
  • Blow Me Away (Mile High Matched #2)
  • Sleeper
  • The Dare (North Woods University, #2)
  • Deceit
  • The Mogul and the Muscle (Bluewater Billionaires)
I love writing sexy, alpha men and the headstrong women they fall for.

My weaknesses include: beards, whiskey, nice abs with treasure trails, sarcasm, cats, prowess in the kitchen, prowess in the bedroom, forearm tattoos, and gummi bears.

Want to stay super up-to-date on Roxie news? Sign up for my newsletter!

Loveless Brothers (5 books)
  • Best Fake Fiancé (Loveless Brothers #2)
  • Break the Rules (Loveless Brothers #3)
  • The Hookup Equation (Loveless Brothers #4)
  • One Last Time (Loveless Brothers #5)