Start by marking “Sea of Lies” as Want to Read:
Sea of Lies

Sea of Lies

Bree Harrington and Sam Hudson have oceans between them. For one thing, she’s married. The legitimacy of her marriage, or lack thereof, is not enough to push their relationship past the bounds of friendship, but it doesn’t take long to realize they’ve both found something others have searched the world for... The other half of their soul.

Sam leaves Bree breathless from t
Published (first published June 4th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Sea of Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sea of Lies

Start your review of Sea of Lies
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
-Jenna, ☆☆☆☆

This was a beautiful but emotional story. We meet Bree, our heroine who is married and Sam, the man she's in love with but not her husband. I can't give away any details but it's not cheating but it is a beautiful story! It was well written although I thought it moved quickly. It also does go back from past to present but not difficult to follow at all. I loved everything about Sam and his heart. He's the perfect hero. Bree is a tough chick and I loved her sassiness. If you love beau
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are no words to describe the emotions that this fantastic author evokes in a girl! This is my second time having the privilege of reading H. Dillon Hunt, and A Sea of Lies was amazing.

Before I get too lovey-dovey, I will say that this is told from multiple POVs and flashes back and forth between past and present. I'm not typically a big fan of flashbacks because I start getting lost, the attention span thing comes into play, etc. And although I'm not exactly sure why she wrote it the way s
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When Sam and Bree meet, it's like a soulmate kinda thing. Truly. Unfortunately, she's married, so they can never be, even though her marriage isn't exactly a great one. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but I'll just say that her husband is a tool, plain and simple.

So how can Sam and Bree ever get together, to enjoy the connection they shared from their very first meeting? Well...you'll have to read and find out. But, you'll really enjoy A Sea of Lies, just like I did. It's a beaut
Tiffany Readz
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good, Heavy Romance

That blurb reeled me right in to read a Sea of Lies. Nothing better than a second chance romance for this gal and the book didn't disappoint.

We meet Sam and Bree at different points in thier lives. Her at her absolute rock bottom and him the year before it happened. Bree and Sam had met years before present day, but she was married, so they became good friends. Until she couldn't handle it anymore.

Forward to the present with both of them and we have a lost Bree and a determine
Ashley Estep The Art of Reading
Sea of Lies is my first Dillon Hunt book but I can promise it will not be my last! This book is so much more than just a second chance romance. I love how it was told from multiple POVs and included flashbacks.

This book had so many twist and turns I never knew which way things were going to go. Sam and Aubree's story is definitely not all hearts and roses. It's raw, emotional, and at times heartbreaking. To meet someone you care so deeply for but not be able to be with them, because they or you
Stephanie
OMG! I finished A Sea of Lies last night and it was amazing! I loved that plot, the twists and turns I didn't see coming. I loved Bree and Sam as individuals and them as a couple. Their chemistry was amazing. I loved how Hunt redeemed Ryan as well. She didn't just leave him to be that bad guy.I loved that despite all the lies and twists it ended with a happy ending. This book just made me feel everything!! I had to read slower than normal because of my writing schedule but it is not a reflection ...more
Shana
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful Read

I love everything Dillon writes. She has a way of capturing you in the story so much that you can't stop reading. Can't wait for her next work.
VMChick
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really great read! Loved Bree and Sam and their story. I liked how their stories unfolded throughout the book while flipping from past to present. The supporting cast were all well developed and I find myself wanting another book with Elle and Maddie’s stories. Can’t wait to read Dillon’s next book!
Maryjo
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This story is very well written and filled with emotion. H. Dillon Hunt does an amazing job bringing each character to life. Throughout the story you are left in suspense with each twist and turn. This is the first book by Hunt that I have had the opportunity to read and I am sure it will not be the last.
Brandy Roberts
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thought Sea Of Lies was such a good story it would be the first book that I've had the opportunity of reading and I can't wait to read more by H Dillion Hunt . This was such a tragically beautiful story with so many emotions that had me feeling everything that the characters were going through . I'm usually not a fan of past and present books but I loved how the author put it together . Bree and Sam have strong connection the first time they meet is super intense you could really feel the chem ...more
Alicia
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have been sitting here for a few days wondering how to write a review for this book. I find it so hard to come up with the right words. From the moment I started reading, H. Dillon Hunt's writing style drew me in. She compelled me. I couldn't stop, because there was an exquisite beauty to the way she weaves words together to tell this story.

Then, I got more in depth with the characters and my goodness I haven't loved a couple this much in so long. If you don't root for them, there's something
Wendy Livingstone
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautifully written story which flits between the past and present, as well as being told in dual POV’s. Bree and Sam’s story is an emotional roller coaster ride, and they have many obstacles in their path. No spoilers; this is a definite must read, you will not be disappointed. I look forward to reading more from this talented author, whose work I recommend for all lovers of a second chance romance.
Victoria Anne
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“You’re the ocean and I’m sinking deep. I would be perfectly happy to drown in you, Aubree.”
My god, what a story. Heartfelt and well-written, Sea of Lies was an incredible journey to go on with Sam and Bree. This was the first book I’ve read by Dillon and I really enjoyed it. Dillon did an excellent job of giving us little bits and pieces of the full picture, leaving the reader always wanting more.
K
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Her heavy gaze is a siren’s call and I am entranced."

This was my first read by H. Dillon Hunt, but most definitely won't be my last.

A beautiful story that is simultaneously tragic and heartwarming.
Crystal Aguilar
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“I believe in love, and to me, God and love are one and the same.”

That line sums up this whole book for me. Bree and Sam are ultimate couple goals, but that doesnt mean that they don't have any obstacles in their path along the way to their happy ending.

This book gives both Bree and Sam's point of view, and switches between past and present with ease and it wasn't difficult at all to follow along.

Definitely recommend, great read!
CoffeeWithoutCaffeine
The first 30% of the book was good! I was engaged with the story and the characters, but after that point I became bored. The tension between Sam and Bree fizzled out as they became romantically involved and I lost interest. I think it all just happened too quickly. The flashbacks every other chapter made me lose interest even more. I found them boring due to their frequency. I think the past could have been condensed into 4 or 5 chapters.

After the 60% mark I skimmed the rest of the book for th
Jun 13, 2019
Brenda
Dec 27, 2020
H. Hunt
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jenna

• The Prophets
  • The Removed
  • Den of Vipers
  • The Wife Upstairs
  • The Man I Need (Ward Duet, #2)
  • Teardrop Shot
  • The Dugout
  • Taking Chances (Heartland, #4)
  • The Wrong Prince Charming
  • Insolent
  • The Lineup
  • Release (The Release Series, #1)
  • Teófila’s Guide to Saving the Sun (Guiding, #1)
H. Dillon Hunt lives in Huntsville, Alabama where she grew up and will never ever, ever get to leave. If she had it her way, she would live in Seattle, but she really loves her family so she stays in the slow-moving, muggy, Ala-freakin-bama.
She and her husband Tim have five furry children together, two dogs Sammi and Shadow, and three cats, Teddy, Thea, and Felicity. When she isn't writing, she's