Start by marking “When She Thaws” as Want to Read:
When She Thaws

When She Thaws

Sadie Powell is going on an adventure. After her beloved mother has a health scare, Sadie decides it’s finally time to see the world. So, Sadie crosses the Atlantic to work as an au pair for a year. Austria’s supposed to be nice: chocolate, beer, and scenic mountain ranges beckon. She’ll figure out teaching and living with an Austrian family along the way.

Inga Weber trust
Kindle Edition
Published April 29th 2019

To ask other readers questions about When She Thaws, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When She Thaws

Linda J
Wasn’t expecting much from this book but was pleasantly surprised when the story ended. Book was well-written and the plot was interesting; story of an ice-queen with wide age-gap, about 18 years, between the 2 MC (Inga and Sadie). Very little angst between Inga and Sadie but some teary moments - so if you are as sappy as I am, good to have some tissues with you. Secondary characters were just as wonderful and Helmut definitely has my vote :) Adding ‘Visiting Austria’ in my bucket list :))

Solid
Lisa R. Smith
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
The bulk of the story is a rewrite of the Sound of Music, however there is only one incident of the family singing together.

A young women leaves America to work as an au pair in Austria. Hired for a year, she is working and living with a host and her three children. The women she is working for is recently separated from her husband (who left her for a younger women) and is a high powered business executive.

The story -
Austria, catholic single parent with wealth and standing, live-in nanny. The c
F.
Jul 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
A loose retelling of the Sound of Music. It was so terrible I had to give up on it.
Best Lesfic Reviews
May 09, 2019 rated it liked it

…or when The Sound of Music becomes a lesbian romance. Having seen The Sound of Music like 16.72 gazillion times, it was disconcerting, to say the least, to find it in this book.

Read the full review @ https://www.bestlesficreviews.com/201...
Mathias Eriksson
Jun 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Nice story feelt a little rushed especially the ending
Rae Storey
Jun 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: lesbian
I almost REALLY loved this book. But the colors were dull where the colors should have been punched in right up to the line. Marieke and Helmut, two of Inga's children, had more concrete personality than the main characters, Inga and Sadie. Inga was supposed to be an ice queen, but she was mostly just hurt and afraid to be vulnerable. I might call her a chilly queen. And Sadie, sweet sweet Sadie, lacks dynamic depth.

Ok, while that's all pretty negative, I still enjoyed the book. I enjoyed watchi
Gayle
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sadie Powell, an au pair is hired to care for and teach the children of Inge Weber, the frosty, staid CFO of a large bank, and separated mother of:

• Helmut Weber, her eldest son, and at first glance, a bit of a malcontent, and

• Marieke Weber, her closed-up, rebellious teen aged daughter, and...

• Lina Weber, six years old, the youngest daughter, apparently unaffected by her mother's divorce.

Sadie travels from Chicago to Vienna to take the position as an au pair for the children of Inga Weber. Frä
Alex Lfr
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
3,5 stars for me
The idea is wonderful, a cold and powerful woman from Austria and a naive au pair from the United States. Age gap perfectly done where Inga is super sure of herself when it comes to getting Sadie into a torrid affair. The chemistry between them works beautifully. Where is my 'but' you might wonder? The pace. It was too easy for Inga to get Sadie where she wants her and even though the author shows us how the woman is not as cold as detached as we think, I needed something more.
I
Alan Alexander
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun read

I must say, I am really beginning to like this author. I just realized I’ve actual read other books from her before! As for this one, it was fluff - as expected. There was a bit of comedy and it was an enjoyable read. My only real complaint is the main character basically had no flaws and just came into this family and fixed everyone and everything. She always said, did, and responded the perfect way for every situation. Overall I still enjoyed and recommend this book.
Doug Elliott
May 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Nice example of the Ice queen falls for the au pair genre. Set in Austria, it is a bit reminiscent of the Sound of Music without the singing and with fewer children. Although there is some hand wringing over the age difference the angst within the relationship is low key. The primary challenges come from outside forces that ultimately bring the couple closer together. Overall a good read leading to HEA.
XR
May 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
Carolyn
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ice Queen Meets Au Pair

Sadie travels to Austria to work for a year as an au pair and teacher to three children. Their mother is a CFO and an ice queen. There are a million challenges in this situation and Sadie can’t quite hide her growing feelings for Inga. Can she win the children and their mother’s hearts? A brilliant story by a talented author. Strongly recommend.
Paulina
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it

I honestly enjoyed it more than I expected. I loved that it was a modern lesbian version of the sound of music and I'm completely in love with Inga. I wish there was more development before the main characters got together but still it was a funny light read. Perfect for holidays.
Goodreads customer
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finding oneself

I enjoyed this book. Sadie and Inga were opposites. Sadie was a teacher and Inga was the sophisticated businesswoman. What started out as skeptical turned into a May-December romance. In the end you'll be happy for them too. Read about their triumphs and flaws. Enjoy their story. I sure did.
anita mccoy
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Here I come

This was a excellent book well written and it got my attention from beginning to end I could put it down it was a delightful book with family and coming together and finding love and who the person you were born to be..
Well done
Michelle
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thawed Out

A lesson very November-December romance story. Ms Craig's story of Sadie and Inga is well written and full of a developing relationship. I really enjoyed the characters and the ending.
Emily
May 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Great romance, my only wish is that it was longer! Inga is one hell of an ice queen and they had great chemistry. Would’ve liked more build up to their romance and more time with them butting heads about teaching styles/how to raise the kids.
Margaritas Cherena
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excellence

The story was enjoyable to read. Although the ending seemed a little rushed, it did not ruin the story. Would have preferred Inga spoke to her daddy, since he was the cause of her life's hang ups.

Inga is one lucky lady to find love in a much younger person.
AL
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beautiful story

Beautiful story for two so different characters but with opportunities to create something between them. Love in the air but without deepening further. A nice book for a rainy afternoon.
Jaie
May 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
I knew I was going to be uncomfortable with the power dynamic with this couple from the get-go, and I was. That said, I did like both of them and they did make a good couple. But the premise, au pair and host mom, was so squicky (and slightly incestuous) that I found it very off-putting.
Kriya Chantalat
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nice romance

A hint of the Sound of Music, fun read, sensual. I just fell in love with the characters, Sadie, Inga, and the kids. The book touches family drama without being overly dramatic.
CJ O'Hara
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Watching a heart melt

Love can be found in such unsuspecting people and places. A story that lets you know there is so much more life to live and love to give.
Michelle Rosas
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun easy read

This was a fun easy read. I have read other books by this author and have enjoyed them as well.
Nina Marie Riffle
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She is just a number

I enjoyed how the chemistry between the two women unfolded. Grab a glass off wine and enjoy this sweet love story.
c,
(2.5)

it dragged a fair bit in the middle ngl

Rep: lesbian mc, bi mc, gay side character
Amy Bright
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this book, but

While the story was amazing there were some time like issues. I did love the characters, though, and the story!
Irian
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable and easy read

Enjoyable and easy read. Little to no angst which makes it a good lazy weekend read. No editing mistakes that i recall. Props to the author.
Gina L
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Read!

I love the story and how it came to be. The attraction between Sadie and Inga was well played. Kept me interested.
Rolande Vien
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good book a little too short. I like this writer.
Helen
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nice

This is a very nice love story. I enjoyed the main characters, Inga and Sadie. Well written story with a great ending.
Goodreads Librari...: Please add book to my profile 3 218 May 01, 2019 01:03PM