Jump to ratings and reviews

The Firefly Collection: Lights Not Yet Dimmed

Paperback

Published January 16, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Jon Trovato

3 books1 follower
I’ve been compiling poetry since I was a child. My writing style is free verse and my poems are called Word Paintings.

Each is an attempt to provide a reader with words that conjure images of the sights, sounds, impressions and experiences I’ve encountered during specific opportunities and instances, throughout my life.

if you enjoy my poems, please bookmark and click on this link to enjoy my Website, which is updated monthly: https://www.wordpaintings.org/poetry

Here also is a link to two poetry collections that I've published, along with reviews and reader reactions: https://www.wordpaintings.org/books

Feel free to share both links with others whom, you believe, will embrace poetry inspired by life, learning and love.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 (100%)
4 stars
3 stars
2 stars
1 star
Displaying 1 - 2 of 2 reviews
Profile Image for Jon Trovato.
Author 3 books1 follower
June 22, 2021
From The Prairies Book Review
Pub Date January 16, 2019
ISBN 9781793061188

Devotion, intensity, and passion mark this beautiful collection…

Love is the integral part of Jon Trovato’s The Firefly collection in which he details the feeling in its full glory in effortless and relatable verses and provokes tender feelings as he finds the meaning of life with all its wonder and happiness in love. The book is divided into four parts: Glimmerings, Enlightenment, Radiances, and Afterglows, and it’s love that dominates all four parts. In Addictive Thoughts, loving someone means to defy reason and probability. In Boundless Serenity, the essence of a lover is always present despite their physical absence. The ultimate physical, emotional, and spiritual bonding is the central theme in Established Together and Two Kindred Souls. In Will We Become, the lover wonders about the aftermath. There is a tenderness in Trovato’s poetry that goes straight to the heart. Vivid and deeply sentimental, Trovato duly conveys the powerful emotion of being in love. Though the overpowered love suffuses the collection, the feeling of devotion never becomes overly ubiquitous. Trovato writes with simple honesty and reveals himself fully through his poems. The reader can see him sitting there among his verses and revealing his feelings for his lover as he talks about the joys, the pains, and the pleasures of someone in love. While the feeling of being in love dominates the collection, it’s Trovato’s ability to lose himself fully in love that stands out in the end. It shows a poet who is not afraid to hide behind words. A beautiful collection!
Profile Image for T.S..
93 reviews
May 14, 2019

Displaying 1 - 2 of 2 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.