Start by marking “Alpha's Promise (Dark Protectors #10)” as Want to Read:
Alpha's Promise (Dark Protectors #10)

Alpha's Promise

(Dark Protectors #10)

To hell and back . . . Though he has vampire, demon, and Viking blood rushing through his veins, Ivar Kjeidsen's soul-crushing trip to hell broke him in ways he can barely fathom. One vow keeps the deadly immortal standing: To rescue the vampire brother who had sacrificed freedom for him. To do that, Ivar needs the help of a brilliant physicist with wary brown eyes, fierce ...more
Published June 25th 2019 by Kensington Publishing Corporation

Start your review of Alpha's Promise (Dark Protectors #10)
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 Doing the math Stars

Anyone who knows me even a little, knows I'm a crazy Rebecca Zanetti Fan-girl. Dark Protectors is one of my top 5 favorite series ever. So every time I get a DP book I'm in heaven. In the years I have been reading her work, Rebecca has yet to let me down. Alpha's Promise was an awesome read. I loved Ivar and Promise together. I love the world and I really love all the old couples and past favorites popping in and out of the stories. I have mini fan-girl attacks every ti
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Alpha’s Promise by Rebecca Zanetti

Book 10 in the Dark Protectors series. It can be read as a standalone romance but because of the overall arc, it’s best to have read at least a couple of the preceding books.

Math and equations are Promise’s live. Drawn into the demon hybrid lives, her mind is scrambling to figure out inter-dimensional traveling. She’s in her element and Ivar can’t help watching her work. He’s enthralled and falling in love.

A quick ending that keeps Ivar and Promise together an
Claire Robinson
5 - "I'll come back to you..." Stars!

We return to the Dark Protectors universe for book ten in the series, Alpha’s Promise gives us Ivar Kjeidsen’s story. This Vampire/Demon hybrid has literally been to hell and back, so he is not the friendliest of people on first introduction.

"People call me ‘Viking’ or ‘Vike’… You can call me anything you want."

I’ll be upfront and say I was on the fence when Rebecca announced she would be writing more books in this series, because I was happy where things had
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
I can't get enough of these hybrids!! I'm constantly wooed and charmed and swooning with their stories. I was practically salivating for Ivar's story after his arduous trip to see Quade, wanting to know how this sweet soul would end up, and Rebecca Zanetti DID NOT disappoint. Welcome to my harem, big boy!

Ivar is desperate to get back to Quade, to relieve him of his duty - keeping Ulric in. But to get there, he needs the help of a talented physicist to plot his way. That's where Promise comes
Bev
Apr 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, paranormal, arc
I love Zanetti's alpha vamps, I really do and Ivar is no exception given that there's a whole dollop of Viking thrown in. However, I struggled to connect with Promise. I get that she's socially stunted, with the cold and closed off parents she had that's no surprise. But, and I think this is where Promise was let down, there was so much scientific/mathematical info thrown in on repeat that the character building was totally lost to this info dump and I didn't get to know her as a character at al ...more
Dali
Rebecca Zanetti expands her Dark Protectors series to other worlds with Alpha’s Promise a tale of vampire-demon hybrid who’s been to a hellish world and now needs help of a human physicist prodigy to get back.

Ivan Kjeidsen vowed to rescue his vampire brother from the hellish world he’s trapped in. Having witnessed its harshness himself and knowing he’s running out of time, Ivan must find a way to convince her to help him and that there is more to the world in which she lives in.

Dr. Promise Wil
Stacie
3 3/4 "Physicist, Dimensions and Wormholes. Oh my!" Stars!

I liked this one a lot. I'd been looking forward to Ivar's story since I turned the last page on the previous book. I wasn't disappointed, but admittedly this didn't go how I expected. Promise and Ivar were both good main characters.

I do feel like the story got bogged down a little bit with scientific lingo and such. But! I loved this series and I'm looking forward to who's next. I don't know if I want Garrett or Quade more. Happy readin
Marta Cox
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
Ivar the Viking was thrown through a vortex and suffered hideously as he leapt through unimaginable hell worlds only to find his lost 'brother' Quade and be forced to leave him behind. Ivar is forever changed by his ordeal but has vowed to return and somehow save Quade before the world he is trapped on collides with another. There's a chance that a truly gifted physics professor could solve the equations but their Kurjan enemies are killing any that seem likely to find the answer. Is it possible ...more
Dali
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Dr. Promise Wil
Mindy Lou's Book Review
I don't know how this author does it. With every book I read in this series the more hyped I get for the next one. I can't wait to learn everything and yet I don't want it to be over. This has been one of those rare series that just keeps getting better and more entertaining.

Alpha's Promise is Ivar and Promise's story. These two were such an odd couple and I loved them. Promise is a mathematical genius. She's the typical smart person who struggles socially.

Ivan has lost most of the human side o
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
“When I give my heart, it’s once only, and it’s for you.”

This author can do no wrong! I loved the latest in her Dark Protectors series. Ivar and Promise were one of the strongest couples she’s introduced so far and there is still so many others to explore (I’m looking at you Grace & Adare and Haven & Quade!) that I can’t wait for :)

Being an introvert myself, I relate to those same characteristics when it comes to the heroine/hero of a book. Promise is basically the poster girl of nerdy, so
Teresa (Reads_Romance)
The Dark Protector series just keeps getting better and better! In the latest installment, the crazy, tortured, vampire-demon, Viking, Ivar finally gets his well deserved happily ever after with the delightfully cerebral Dr. Promise Williams. As always, I was engrossed by Ms. Zanetti’s ability to weave an intricate world of vampires, demons, hybrids and more! The Dark Protector series becomes more elaborate with complex worldbuilding and multilayered plots, but the humor, heart, and steam in eac ...more
Debra Johnson
Alpha's Promise by Rebecca Zanetti
Genres: Adult, Humor, Mystery, Paranormal, Romance, Suspense.
4.85 Stars.

I just broke my rule of only doing quarter stars! Here is why.
The only problem I found with the entire story was 3 typos. And yes, I am mean enough to deduct some points off for that. But this was a 5⭐read for me. So I deducted .05 points for each typo I found. I think that was fair.

This one goes to my #1 favorite of this series. It has Everything I love in a great read. Two great main char
Beth
Ivar, a Viking, was searching for his missing brother when he got stuck in a horrible hell realm. When he finally finds his brother, he must leave him behind. Vowing to come back and save his brother, Quade, Ivar discovers a human professor that is so close to solving the unimaginable…the mathematics to jump dimensions. But the enemies of Dark Protectors are killing all the scientist that are close to solving the dimension hoping equation. Not only do they have to convince Promise, the professor ...more
Lover of Romance
Aug 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance

Alpha's Promise is the continuation of the Dark Protectors series. I have to say I am really loving where Rebecca Zanetti is taking this series. At first I was apprehensive but boy is she kicking it up a notch in the paranormal realms of romance. And to be honest I almost put this down at first because I wasn't a fan for how this book began at all. The chemistry between our main pair here, seemed off to me and I wondered if I wo
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
Ivar and Promise were such a cute match! Alpha hero and nerdy heroine equaled some really funny conversations! Promise’s logic was very extremely analytical with no real connection to emotion until Ivar, but it made me really love her absentminded, lovable personality! She was easy to relate to and I could see why she appealed to Ivar.
Anytime I get to see the old crew along with Garrett and Logan, I’m always a happy reader! I can’t wait to see who Garret ends up with. And Adare and Grace? Spark
Doris
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have always been a fan of Ms. Zanetti's work. 'Dark Protectors' is one of my favorite series. I have not read the two books prior to this one. Since I am familiar with this world, so it wasn't hard for me to pick up this story. We are introduced to Ivar one of "the Seven". He has been to a different dimension that to us would be considered hell worlds. He needs to get back to save one of his brothers but while being hurt there he no longer has the ability to teleport.
He meets a extremely tale
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
I simply can't get enough of this series. This world that Rebecca Zanetti has created is like a faraway land of everything that's awesome. Every character is strong, important and vibrant.
Every hero is loyal from the start. She doesn't bog down or fill the pages with annoying other people drama (you know clinging exes, other women drama, those things?), no, she gives passion, suspense , action and most of all an epic love story every time.
Ivar "Viking" is true to his name. Pure strength, utter l
Alison
Three and a half stars, I knocked half a star off because I'm bored of heroes with Dom tendencies.

This is perfect (see above) Rebecca Zanetti paranormal escapism. Ivar Kjeidsen the hybrid vampire/demon Viking was trapped in a hell dimension/bubble for eons and has finally been released, but his mission is to get back and rescue Quade, his fellow member of the Seven, who is still trapped.

Dr Promise Williams is a brilliant physicist with poor people skills. At the funeral of a colleague who was ri
AJ
5 stars!

Wow, I love this book! Action-packed, exciting, laugh-out-loud funny, romantic and so freaking sexy, this book has it all and I loved every moment of it!

This is the tenth book in the Dark Protectors series, and I love being back in this world! It’s a standalone story but I definitely wouldn’t recommend reading it unless you’ve got some background to the series – in particular, the new story arc that commenced in book #8 which introduced the Seven.

The Seven is a secretive, elite group of
Jen Davis
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a longtime fan of this author and this series. And while I thought this one was OK, if it was not one of my favorite Dark Protectors books.

I think my biggest problem was the big emphasis on math. I know that might sound silly, but our heroine is a brilliant mathematician/physicist who our hero needs to help him figure out the mechanics of interdimensional travel. You see, in the world of teleporting demons, no one has ever had to figure out how it is done. It’s just a natural thing. And now
Carvanz
Gawd, I love the Dark Protectors world! I swear, I just can’t get enough of these characters and I never will.

I love a nerdy heroine and Promise was nerdy without lacking common sense. Everything about her revolved around mathematical problems.

”Oh Ivar,” she murmured. Most women made that sound at being given diamonds. Or property. Not her. No. Markers and whiteboards made joy roll off her like heat.”

description

She thinks things through instead of allowing emotions to ruler her. When she addresses mat
Pam
Mar 30, 2020 marked it as arc-up-next  ·  review of another edition
Copy kindly provided by Kensington Books, via NetGalley,for an honest review.
Kodie Mackay
I do love me some Rebecca Zanetti. What a fucking author.

I mean this story really starts off with quite the bang.

Ivar just isn't your typical alpha, not by any standards. He's a wounded soul. Short tempered, impulsive, brash and still learning. The man has endured so much both mentally and physically it amazed me just how strong of a character he is.

Promise, that women is my hero. She works with logic before anything else. Being thrown into that world would send anyone nuts but not her. Nope,
Mary Kirkland
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Promise is a physicist and one of the best in her field and because of this she's just been put at the top of a hit list. When scientists start getting murdered, Ivar and his team know they have to protect Promise. But Ivar jumps the gun and scares Promise when all he's trying to do is make sure she's safe.

Ivar is half demon, half vampire...viking and one hundred percent badass. His head might not be screwed on right after being in a hell dimension but he knows that he has to keep Promise safe
PamG
I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway. I want to thank Lyrical Press, Rebecca Zanetti, and Goodreads for this kindle e-book version. Here is my honest review.

While this book is the tenth in the series, it worked for me as a stand alone novel. It has a little bit of everything. It is an action and adventure, paranormal romance and romantic suspense story all in one. It includes demons, vampires, steamy romance scenes, hybrids, fae, a brilliant physicist, social ineptness, humor, Kurjan enemie
Kristy K
I’ve not really read a vampire book before besides Dracula. I know of the lore and of course the Twilight inconsistencies with it, but that’s about it. Alpha’s Promise brings in a whole lot of other things to do with vampires, and while I cannot say it follows traditional lore, it was interesting. Promise is a physicist and Ivar a vampire-demon hybrid who needs her intelligence to go through time and dimensions to being his friend back. I don’t know how accurate the science was but it was intere ...more
Sandy S
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date June 25, 2019

To hell and back . . .

Though he has vampire, demon, and Viking blood rushing through his veins, Ivar Kjeidsen’s soul-crushing trip to hell broke him in ways he can barely fathom. One vow keeps the deadly immortal standing: To rescue the vampire brother who had sacrificed freedom for him. To do that, Ivar needs the help of a brilliant physicist with wary brown eyes, fierce brilliance, and skin that's way too soft.

Dr. Promise Williams understa
Cathy Geha
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alpha’s Promise by Rebecca Zanetti
Dark Protectors #10

What does it say about me that I find myself more invested in fictional paranormal characters and the series they populate than in fictional human characters that have what some might believe “more real” plots in the books they exist in? I mean...I stopped reading another book that didn’t “click” with me at all then picked up this book and could not put it down! I get the protectors and the women they fall for and can’t wait to read the next b
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Darkness Rising (Darkness, #9)
  • Beware the Darkness (Guardians Of Eternity, #14)
  • Death of Darkness  (Immortal Guardians, #9)
  • Break the Day (Midnight Breed, #16)
  • Wolf Instinct (SWAT #9)
  • Darkness Returns (Guardians Of Eternity, #13)
  • Dark Alpha's Redemption (Reaper, #8)
  • Conquer the Darkness (Guardians of Eternity #15)
  • Pivot (Deep Ops, #2.5; The Brodies of Alaska, #.5)
  • Shadow Warrior (Shadow Riders, #4)
  • Bishop's Knight (Endgame Trilogy #1)
  • Drakon's Knight (Blood of the Drakon #7)
  • Blood Truth (Black Dagger Legacy, #4)
  • Edge of Darkness (Hunter Legacy, #3)
  • Broken Dawn (Immortal Guardians, #10)
  • Tessa (The Mate #2)
  • Dark Illusion (Dark #29)
  • Viktor (The Protectors, #13)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Rebecca Zanetti has worked as an art curator, Senate aide, lawyer, college professor, and a hearing examiner - only to culminate it all in stories about Alpha males and the women who claim them. She writes dark paranormals, romantic suspense, and sexy contemporary romances.

Dark Protectors (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
  • Claimed (Dark Protectors, #2)
  • Hunted (Dark Protectors, #3)
  • Consumed (Dark Protectors, #4)
  • Provoked (Dark Protectors, #5)
  • Shadowed (Dark Protectors, #6)
  • Marked (Dark Protectors, #7)
  • Vampire's Faith (Dark Protectors, #8)
  • Demon's Mercy (Dark Protectors #9)
  • Hero's Haven (Dark Protectors #11)