Start by marking “Badger to the Bone (Honey Badger Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Badger to the Bone (Honey Badger Chronicles, #3)

Badger to the Bone

(Honey Badger Chronicles #3)

Shes the woman hes been hired to kidnap. But ZeZé Vargas has other ideas . . . like getting them both out of this nightmare alive. Just one problem. Shes crazy. Certifiably. Because while hes plotting their escape, the petite Asian beauty is plotting something much more deadly . . .

Max Kill It Again MacKilligan has no idea what one of her own is doing with all these
Published March 31st 2020 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Badger to the Bone, please sign up.
Amy Brobst It's because they are BFFs/ too much like brother and sister. If there were any sexual chemistry between the two, something would have already…moreIt's because they are BFFs/ too much like brother and sister. If there were any sexual chemistry between the two, something would have already happened between the two of them. (less)

Start your review of Badger to the Bone (Honey Badger Chronicles, #3)
Corina
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelly Laurenston is one author that has always had the most wonderful and diverse characters. Her Badger series is no exception. The cast is colorful, boisterous, fun, CRAZY, hilarious one of a kind.

If you love PNR and shifters of all kinds, and you love entertaining, laugh-out-loud and ridiculously funny stories you need to read this series but please start with book one in her Pride Series The Mane Event. The author interweaves more and more of the Pride series with the Badgers hello
Kate
There is always one book in the series that disappoints me and usually it is the last one. Why? The endings are always rushed and here it was no different.

Seems I'm a black sheep when it comes to this book. It is most definitely Me and not the book!

I considered myself to be a very lucky lady and I am still of that opinion. However Shelly Laurenston writes hilarious female characters that are unique and know what they want and here with Max it is no different but out of these three sisters she is
Carvanz
This had me laughing so hard, my sides hurt! I was recommending this to friends before I even reached the 25% mark, it was that good!

Max was one crazy, whack-a-doodle and I loved how protective she was over those she cared about. Ive never read another heroine like her but shes the type that I could definitely get used to. With her madcap group of friends she was scary good at taking down the bad guys, or just anyone that ticked her off.

Heda Octavia

And when it came to Ze, she didnt do the insta anything.
Carol
Snarky...outrageous...."tongue in cheek" humor...Shelly Laurenston at her best!
4.75 stars.
I loved this one so much....but then I never had any doubts to start with...."mad" Max Mackilligan and her crazy honey badger sisters..... such divine stuff!!!! ....absolutely hilarious reading!!!!...plus the added benefit of super-cool cat..... ZeZé Vargas.....and all the usual suspects.

OUTRAGEOUSLY FUNNY!!!!

I SAVORED EVERY MINUTE OF READING TIME!!!

In fact, I am totally incapable of being objective here
Mindy Lou's Book Review
I can't possibly express enough how much I am loving this series. I don't think I have laughed so hard as I have at these sisters. They are totally kick ass woman and living on the crazy train!

This one focuses on Max, but where Max is, so are Charlie and Stevie. I love that. These sisters have each others back and really show what family is meant to be. They seem to hate everyone and everyone seems to hate them, and yet they are constantly surrounded by other shifters.

Even though each book
Jilly
Well that sucked.
It's bad enough that there is a fucking apocalypse going on and we don't even get to kill any zombies and instead are stuck at home cooking for a bunch of ingrates all day, but now the book I've looked forward to for months sucked?
Jilly's feeling stabby.

Oh yeah, I'm ordering this model when we all get our robot bodies. I like his sweet moves.

So, you might wonder why it took me almost a week to get through this book when I can usually knock out 2 or 3 in that time. It's because
Christa
Absolutely hilarious.

I won this in a Goodreads giveaway!
Erin
Giveaway win!

Spring Into Reading A Thon: A book with romance or friendship

If I'm honest this book is probably more of a 2 star read but it was fun. And given what we are all going through I think we could all use a little fun.

The writing wasn't great. The plot was pointless but while I read this book I was able to turn my brain off. So for that reason alone I bumped it up a star.

Badger to the Bone is book 3 in this series but I was able to pick up the plot(what little plot there was).

Will I
Treena
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for granting my request for an ARC of this book. The review below is entirely my own opinion.

I love the MacKilligan sisters! I knew from book 1 that Maxs story was going to be one heck of a roller coaster ride. And it sure was!

This book was light on the romance versus other PNRs (and even books 1 and 2 of this series), but very much full of fun and non stop action! I couldnt stop reading or laughing!

I will say though that you need to read the first 2
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession

I'm so disappointed that I didn't enjoy this book more. I love Shelly Laurenston. She can make me laugh and smile like no other, but this book just didn't have the romance I come to love from her funny shifter books. I loved Charlie and Stevie's books, and I loved Max in those books, but this one was a bit of a mess. First off it jumped around so much. One minute we are reading from Max's pov then the next some random character from one of her many other series/books. The cameos of past
Alison
Three and a half stars.

I don't even know where to begin with this. Maybe I just need to say honey badgers are being honey badgers. This is the novel for the third of Freddy MacKilligan's daughters, Max Yang. Being stalked by her mad cousin Mairi, Max is kidnapped but she realises that one of her kidnappers is not like the rest, in fact he is trying to help her, so even though she doesn't need his help she has to save the poor schmuck, especially when she realises that he is a shifter and doesn't
Lady Heather
Publication Date: March 31, 2020

" 5 -This is Your New Life - Stars!"

I'm a HUGE fan of Shelly Laurenston's over-the-top, obnoxious, extreme, sarcastic, and extremely funny characters.
Ever since I read the first book in this series Hot and Badgered, I couldn't wait to read Max's story. For me, she was the most outrageous and entertaining of the three sisters.
Don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoyed Charlie and Stevie's stories, but Max is on a level of special all on her own.

Badger to the Bone
Tucker
Feb 06, 2020 marked it as arcs-finished-copies-to-read

Many thanks to Kensington Books for the free copy in exchange for an honest review!

Happy Pub Date!

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram
Lidia
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it and laughed through most of it!
Aurialis
Mar 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: series-i-follow
Kahea
***4 Stars***

I totally NEEDED this.

I needed an insane, OTT, WTEF. make me laugh/snort out loud read to simply take me away from the reality we are living in and put in another one and this book did that for me.

Now, as Ive said before, I dont really read these books for the romance, I read them for the crazy, unique characters that populate them and this one is chock full of them. Max and Ze, being the MCs as far as the budding romance is concerned, were a lot of fun. Max is beyond...well,
Marta Cox
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
Well the honey badgers are back and if it's chaos, violence, snark and romance you are looking for than this book certainly delivers. It begins with middle sister Max allowing herself to get kidnapped because she's determined to get back at her mother's ex ( yep sneaky honey badger ! ). Max doesn't need outside help because she's got her own back up but it seems an undercover agent has other ideas. Ze hasn't a clue what is going on and is almost convinced he's hallucinating but his life is about ...more
Ivy Deluca
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
description
I do this to myself. Every time.

I know that Shelly Laurenston, my favorite author, comes out with a book once or twice a year, so I have to savor her books when I can. But do I? Yes, if savor means devour them and get all sad because I have to wait. Again.

In this entry, Max MacKilligan and Zé Vargas meet when shes kidnapped by an old enemy, aka her mothers ex. What Zé comes to realize is that a) Max goes nowhere she doesnt want to go; and b) theres an entire shifter world that he didnt know
Julia's Book Haven
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I may had squealed a little when I got the email telling me I got this ARC. I absolutely love this series. Its combines Shelly Laurenstons signature humour with exciting action and a really lovely sister relationship that at times really steals the show. All the previous characters from other books make an appearance too which I loved. Max and Ze were at first a bit mismatched, with Max knowing with 100% certainly who she was and Ze still struggling to discover his true self. But just like her 2 ...more
Melanie C. Duncan
Laurenston continues her Honey Badger series with as much hysterical laughter and accidental (or not) maulings as her previous books. ZeZé Vargas runs into Max MacKilligan when she's kidnapped; he's one of the kidnappers. When Max accidentally outs Ze and realizes he doesn't know he's a shifter, the bloodshed and hijinks begin. Laurenston's humor is truly glorious to behold.
Beth
Complete escapism reading at its B E S T! I love Shelly Laurenston's ability to make me care about a group of off the wall 1/2 sisters that just happen to be honey badgers, as well as the cats, bears and wolves. I laughed out loud, cheered them on and had a blast reading Max's story!

I received this ARC copy of Badger to the Bone from Kensington Books. This is my honest and voluntary review. Badger to the Bone is set for publication March 31, 2020.
Kimberly
Mar 07, 2020 rated it liked it
3.25 stars - Reviewed for Wit and Sin

Return to the weird and wonderful world of Shelly Laurenstons Honey Badgers Chronicles with Badger to the Bone . Maxs book is a rip-roarin ride thats a whole lot of fun, even though there are a lot of missed opportunities.

Badger to the Bone is Maxs story and for those who have read Hot and Badgered and In a Badger Way (which I recommend doing before reading this book) Max was the borderline sociopath MacKilligan sister. I was curious how Ms. Laurenston
Alana Bloom
(4.5 stars)
Readers that are familiar with Laurenston will adore this action-packed romp.

Shelly Laurenston's shifter books are total candy for me. I have been following the MacKilligan sisters since the very beginning, stalking release dates like a maniac, and Max has always been my absolute favorite. There is something about her tiny homicidal self decorated with a smile that makes me undeniably happy. Watching her character growth since book one has been fantastic as you get to see some of the
Maranda
The Honey Badgers that have come alive through Shelly Laurenston Prose are so many thing rolled up in one. First they are mean, fierce, and just make the reader route for them to come out on top. Main story revolves around the three MacKilligan sisters. Max shines in this tale and has stumbled upon her very own BLACK CAT! His name is ZEZE Vargas and he is a Black Jaguar that is given a heads up by Max that he is a shifter. How could he not know?? Anyway same playful neighborhood in Queens with ...more
Cathleen
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What would a story about Max be like?
I was entertained. The family drama is extensive. Previous characters have cameos. A new shifter runs into Max and she is made responsible for him.
Chaos and violence ensues. Not much romance, but it was still satisfying.

Anyone who has liked previous books in this series will enjoy this installment.

I read an ARC from Netgalley.
Douglas Meeks
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well the DragonKin might be gone but we have the honey badgers to spread the kinds of insanity that only Shelly Laurenston can dish up since I am convinced it takes a very disturbed mind to think of these kinds of books ..... and I love them.

The first thing I remembered (that I had forgot) was you don't eat or drink while reading these books or you stand a very good chance of wearing those items. These books are insanely funny and if you can get through them without several laugh-out-loud
Tori
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

As always, Shelly Laurenston leads the charge with plenty of humor and outrageous hi-jinks as the MacKilligan sisters find themselves yet again in the middle of chaos. The fast pacing and action packed scene,s in conjunction with a plethora of new and old characters, will have fans will race to the end, crying with laughter the whole way.

Badger to the Bone is Max's story; the hard core morally deficient sister whose skills in the streets are only matched by her skills on the court.
Timitra
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rated 4.5 Stars

Badger To The Bone is hilarious. I loved it. I think it might be my fave book of the series and I loved the first two books. I've been waiting for Max's book and it totally didn't disappoint. It was funny, quirky and violent. It was everything I'd hoped for and so much more. I can't wait to read the next book in this series. I love this series and highly recommend it.

Copy provided by publisher through Net Galley
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
Absolutely loved it. I love Max, Charlie is still my favourite but Max is a very close second. I love their relationship and insanity Im sad to see this series end, all maybe we will get a 4th book I hope ! Another fast paced and addictive read, full of humour, snark and kick ass females who dont need anyone to save them. 100% recommended read.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion

• Dragon Mediated (The Covert Dragons, #10)
  • Lion in Waiting (Tales of the Were: Grizzly Cove Book 15)
  • Bears Behaving Badly
  • Love Hard (Hard Play, #3)
  • Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • Lethal Game (GhostWalkers, #16)
  • Iron Master (Shifters Unbound, #12)
  • Panda and the Kitty (Furry United Coalition #8)
  • Ull (Tornians, #4)
  • Dark Alpha's Temptation
  • Dragon Frost (The Covert Dragons, #9)
  • Reckoning (The Elemental Paladins #7)
  • The Blacksmith Queen (The Scarred Earth Saga, #1)
  • Fury Unleashed (Forgotten Brotherhood, #1)
  • The Kissing Game
  • Wild, Wild Rake (The Cavensham Heiresses #6)
  • A Bad Day for Sunshine (Sunshine Vicram, #1)
  • Vendetta Road (Torpedo Ink #3)
Originally from Long Island, New York, Shelly Laurenston has resigned herself to West Coast living which involves healthy food, mostly sunny days, and lots of guys not wearing shirts when they really should be. Shelly Laurenston is also The New York Times Bestselling author G.A. Aiken, creator of the Dragon Kin series. For more info on G.A. Aiken's dangerously and arrogantly sexy dragons, check ...more

Honey Badger Chronicles (3 books)
  • Hot and Badgered (Honey Badger Chronicles, #1)
  • In a Badger Way (Honey Badger Chronicles, #2)

Articles featuring this book

Flowers, birds, and sunshine all return in the spring, and so do many of our favorite book series with their next installments. Some of this sea...
“I’ll dismember you while you’re still breathing. And, in case you’re concerned, because it seems like you’d be concerned—you’re clearly very caring—I won’t miss a lick of sleep or have any PTSD over it. Your screams will mean nothing to me, because I won’t give a fuck. Why? Because I’m a cunt. I’m a raving, raging cunt.” 2 likes
“I’m a fuckin’ honey badger and by this claw”— she held her hand up—“ I fuckin’ rule.” 1 likes