Start by marking “Ghouls Don't Scoop Ice Cream (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #31)” as Want to Read:
Ghouls Don't Scoop Ice Cream (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #31)

Ghouls Don't Scoop Ice Cream (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids #31)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  711 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
The hugely popular early chapter book series re-emerges with a new look! Brand-new eye-catching cover art brings a modern feel to this classic monster series for young readers.

It's just a normal day for the Bailey School kids. That's until they head to their favorite ice cream shop and meet Scout, the new girl working the counter. Clad in dark clothing and with a hollow an
Published May 1st 1998 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Ghouls Don't Scoop Ice Cream, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

April Scheivelhud
Aug 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun and easy read for most 1st-4th graders. My son loved it!
It's a great book to read aloud and practice fluency and intonation with. A great mixture of suspense and a big sense of humor.
Shanay
I remember reading this one when I was a kid. It's still my favourite. At least one of them, anyway.

I really think that the ghoul was just a stoner working at the ice cream shop. I don't really know about the whole, looking for a house type thing, cause nothing was ever really said after that, but the thing that made me love this story; was how they made her laugh.

It seemed really nice that they thought of making her laugh, even though they thought she was a ghoul. If kids thought I was a ghoul
XIS Grade 3
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3vl-read-to-self
I enjoyed it because they made the ghoul laugh. These characters make the ghoul laugh: Eddie, Melody, Liza and Howie) By Sarah
Megan Sarangoulis
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I read from this series. Fell in love!
Yomaris
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
✧ Kimberly ✧
Jul 15, 2014 rated it liked it
The collection of "The adventures of the Bailey School Kids" stories are among my all-time favorite children's books. Witty, mischievous and fun, these short and silly books continue to bring giggles to the young and old. Just as I have enjoyed them as a kid, my own children also love them today. I even catch myself re-reading them (alone) from time to time. What can I say? I guess I'll always be a BSK kid at heart.
Dolly
Jun 18, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the first book in the The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids series that we've read. It's in the middle of the series, so we get the feeling that we're missing out on some of the background history of the kids. But it's a fun story and we are looking forward to reading more books in this series.
Katie Lawrence
Oct 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
I loved the Bailey School Kids books when I was a kid and was excited to find that my elementary school library has many books from the series! While the Bailey School books may be a bit systematic and light for adult readers, their light, silly fun could be a huge draw for young reluctant readers. Ghouls was a speedy, entertaining read and I plan on sharing it with my students this week.
Catherine Woodman
Jul 29, 2011 rated it liked it
The Bailey School Kids is a best-selling children's book series by Marcia Thornton Jones and Debbie Dadey. Its main characters are a group of four children (Eddie, Howie, Liza, Melody) who suspect some persons in the stories are popular folk lore or fairy tale characters. They are appealing because they mix a familiar story in with this group of kids. Mid-grammar school
SkeletalGarden.
Words can barely describe how much I loved this series when I was a child. I waited for what seemed like ages for the library and Scholastic book orders to offer more of them. I wish I remembered them better so I could actually give them ratings, but I can say that it's a great series for any little kid who loves monsters and creepy things and is just starting to read chapter books.
Melissa Namba
Apr 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
I've never heard the lore that ghouls do work for vampires, but maybe I'm very sheltered. this is a cute story about a very sad ice cream counter girl, who the kids are convinced works for their teacher. in the end she laughs and the next day she is gone. once again, unresolved.
Molly
May 16, 2009 added it
A silly series that creates more questions than it answers. It's great for formulating theories as well as predictions. The class dynamics should be very familiar to those of the Magic School Bus generation.
Gianna
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I think that bailey school kids is a fun book to read.Also I think it is scary.I love scary books
Pamela Grant
Dec 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
Great book to read to young kids. While trying to encourage my son to read, we read this together including other books by Dadey. He really enjoyed them.
Alice Cullen
Sep 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
good
Adrian
Sep 12, 2008 rated it liked it
scary kinda book..a little..not so much..but good!
Olivia
Dec 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
that girl creeps me out
Sharae Thornton
Oct 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was okay. Not as good as other Bailey School Kids books.
Micaela Semien
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was an eerie story but I really liked it.
Lillian
Aug 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing
It was interesting. It was cool how the Bailey kids thought that she was a vampire's assistant and she was looking for a home for the vampires in a cave.
Miri
Mar 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Is Scout, the new ice cream girl really a ghoul working for a family of vampires? The Bailey school kids are going t find out!
Harry.yang
Oct 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
I like the part when eddie took off all his clothes except his underpants and wear a funny make up to try make the ice cream girl laugh...??oh well/
Andrea
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
a really weird book that i read aloud to my daughter
Logan
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Read these all in while I was in middle school and loved them, giving them a 3.5-4.0 for my past 12 year old self.
Rosy
Oct 06, 2011
Saami
Dec 07, 2008
  • The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Pressure
  • Sinister Spiders of Saginaw (Michigan Chillers, #9)
  • Dig, Dogs, Dig: A Construction Tail
  • Watcher in the Piney Woods (American Girl History Mysteries, #9)
  • Dr. Jekyll, Orthodontist (Zack Files #5)
  • The Three Little Pigs Book & CD
  • Upchuck and the Rotten Willy
  • The Legend of Diamond Lil (J.J. Tully Mystery #2)
  • Reindeer Do Wear Striped Underwear (The Bailey School Kids Jr. Chapter Book, #2)
  • Thanksgiving Turkey Trouble (Ready, Freddy!, #15)
  • Bad Kitty Meets the Baby
  • Mandie and the Schoolhouse's Secret (Mandie Books, 26)
  • The Barking Treasure Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #19)
  • The Kidnapped King (A to Z Mysteries, #11)
  • Vancouver Nightmare (The Tom and Liz Austen Mysteries, #2)
  • Bookmarks Are People Too! (Here's Hank, #1)
  • The Lost Locket (Nancy Drew: Notebooks, #2)
  • Baby Blues 07: I Saw Elvis In My Ultrasound
Debbie Dadey is the author and co-author of 162 books for children, including the Mermaid Tales series from Simon and Schuster and the beloved Adventures of The Bailey School Kids from Scholastic. Ms. Dadey is a former teacher and librarian. Please like her at Facebook.com/debbiedadey.
More about Debbie Dadey

The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #1)
  • Werewolves Don't Go to Summer Camp (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #2)
  • Santa Claus Doesn't Mop Floors (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #3)
  • The Leprechauns Don't Play Basketball (Adventures of the Bailey School Kids #4): Leprechauns Don't Play Basketball
  • Ghosts Don't Eat Potato Chips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids #5)
  • Frankenstein Doesn't Plant Petunias (The Adventures Of The Bailey School Kids, #6)
  • Aliens Don't Wear Braces (Bailey School Kids #7)
  • Genies Don't Ride Bicycles (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #8)
  • Pirates Don't Wear Pink Sunglasses (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #9)
  • Witches Don't Do Backflips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #10)

Fiction Deals

• The Falls (P.S.)
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pieces
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love Held Captive (A Lone Star Hero's Love Story)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Girl Who Came Home
    $11.99 $1.99
  • When Jesus Wept (The Jerusalem Chronicles, #1)
  • In the Name of the Family
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth Avenue Artists Society
  • All That's Left of Me
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Labyrinths (New Directions Paperbook)
    $15.95 $2.99
  • The Year We Left Home
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Whip
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Touching Spirit Bear (Spirit Bear, #1)
  • Written on the Body
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Dragon's Teeth (The Lanny Budd Novels)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)