Start by marking “Homestead Friends: Leaping Leah's Big Trip to Town!” as Want to Read:
Homestead Friends:  Leaping Leah's Big Trip to Town!

Homestead Friends: Leaping Leah's Big Trip to Town!

Leaping Leah, an Australian Cattle dog, is always on the move. She has more energy than anyone on the Homestead. She loves to chase after the old truck down the country lane to work off some of her extra energy, but today she will ride in the front seat between the boy and his daddy. Much to her surprise, Leaping Leah has been invited to go to town to pick up supplies. Lea ...more
Published April 25th 2019 by Living Tree Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Homestead Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Homestead Friends

Yare Espinoza
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Children
Shelves: children, giveaways
I won this book in a Giveaway here on Goodreads and my review is my honest opinion about the book.

I really enjoyed the book and the message the it gave. It was interesting having the book take place through Leah's, a dog, point of view. The book is a quick read and it is about finding familiarities when overwhelmed or in a different setting that might cause us to be scared. I loved the message of the book and the illustrations were done in a way that could appeal to children.

I would recommend t
Susan
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bright, colorful illustrations

I won a copy of this Kindle book from a Goodreads giveaway. Everyone loves stories about dogs! This short story is about a dog’s first trip to town. The story is simple, but nice. Children should like the clear, bright illustrations. I like the fact the drawings are not overly professional. Parents might encourage their children to learn to draw and paint.

The ending did seem slightly abrupt, guess I was looking forward to the dog getting home and sharing his story w
Christina
This is a very cute children's book. I live in the country, so my kids always enjoys books with farm animals. This book had cute pictures. I do not wish in the kindle edition the picture and words where on the same page. How the kindle edition is one page as the words and turn and the picture. The kids really love looking at the picture when I am reading the book, but we made it work. I won the kindle edition of this book from a goodreads giveaway.
Kimmarie Pozar
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaway-wins
Sweet Dog Story to share

This is a really great story to read aloud to dog or ranch/farm fans. Or read it to your dog. But it is sweet. The dog is excited about doing something new, a little fearful about being in a new place, and finds it not so bad. Then is excited about sharing her adventure with the animals back at the ranch.
victoria pistone
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
Sweet children’s book
Tammy Ferreira
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute story of a dog's first trip to the town country feed store.
Tanya
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good for young children

My son really enjoyed this story. It reminded him of all the times he goes somewhere with his daddy and their doggie. Simple story line, which was easy for my son to follow and he enjoyed the simple illustrations. I was able to ask questions along the way (what would our dog do at the store, etc).
Rachel F
Nikki
Jessica Dalzin
Heather
May 04, 2019
Several years ago, this city girl, along with my beloved family, decided to stop reading about a simple lifestyle, and instead, try it out for ourselves. We sold our beautiful home with a manicured lawn, concrete sidewalks, a button to turn on the heat or electricity for lighting and bought 60 acres in the middle of a forest, surrounded by mountains and streams. We live off the grid in a small hom ...more