Start by marking “The Half Breed (Secret Fires, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Half Breed (Secret Fires, #2)

The Half Breed

(Secret Fires #2)

In the midst of the vast, windswept texas plains, stood a ranch wrested from the wilderness with sweat and tears. It was the shining legacy of Thomas McBride to his five living heirs. But along with the fertile acres and herds of cattle, each would inherit a history of scandal, lies and hidden lust that threatened to burn out of control.

Chase knew he had no legitimate clai
Published December 1st 2001 by Leisure Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Half Breed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Half Breed

Janet grenke
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Where is the rest of the story? Why do you leave us hanging? Every story you leave us hanging, why?

Why do you leave us hanging? Where is the rest of the story? What happened to the rest of the story?
Donna
Jul 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Good love story but the backstory left too many questions left unanswered and no punishment for the antagonists. I felt like this book was unfinished. 2019...This was my second read o this novel/ My first review (above), I didn't realize it was in a series. I now understand why the story seemed unfinished.
Linda
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Texas ranger

Loved the book but disappointed in the ending. Didn’t find out why the man called all his family home when he was dying
Betty McCorkle
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

I truly enjoy the stories written by this author. Every one has held my interest from the start to the end and this one was no different.
LHC Girl
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

I am now reading the second book in this series and find it to be as good as this one. I hated to see this one end and I hope their story continues in the second one.
Carol and Gary Curtis
Worth the time. Good story. Fairly typical plot, no real surprises, action was fairly constant. Romance had some interesting fluxuations.
Hazel Robinson
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful love story

First book I have read by this author, loved it. Story of Chase and Faith. Faith had been kidnapped by a renegade band of Indians, once they feel asleep she managed to escape. Running threw the wilderness she came upon Chase. Chase was half Native American and half white, his father did not want anything to do with him. Even through Chase was different he had made a name for himself by becoming a Texas Ranger. Chase helped Faith get back to her family and her fiance. I am not
JoAnn Luberto-Geisel
The Blessing of Love

Chase McBride, the son of Tom McBride and a Comanche mother, learns early on that life can be lonely. His commitment to his work as a Texas Ranger keeps him from noticing how alone he really is until Faith tries to steal his horse one night in the Texas wilderness. Her strength and love more than makes up for his lonely past.
Joelle
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: zz-m-f
Really liked this book and the characters relationship with each other. I was disappointed at the end. I didn't realize this book was part of a story written by multiple authors. Someday I hope to pick up the others so I can find out what happens to everybody.
Krystine
Jul 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
Of the three from this series that I've read (all but the first), this was my least favorite. The characters seemed a little over the top (especially Clare's) and the drama a little unbelievable. Still an entertaining novel, but not the best.
Cindy Woods
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Great story...wonderful writing....good, strong characters. I would definitely recommend this book to others. The plot is very interesting, exciting, sensual, and no dead spots. Really liked this couple and was rooting for them all the way.
Heather
Jul 13, 2015 rated it liked it
set back when the west was wild.good read.
Annette K Hernandez
This book is ok

the story line was ok, the love scenes were basically the same phrases that I have read before. I was very disappointed in them. The story had so much potential.
gina muller
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent story

Loved Chase and McBride family. Great characters and amassing storyline. Enjoyed reading it. Will be checking out Bobbi Smith's other books. Worth it.
Angela Blount
Jul 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Carefully thought out premise, with endearing characters and realistic development. I found it touching, memorable, and tastefully done.
Yvonne
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Half Breed

The Half Breed is a well written and engaging story. I enjoyed it very much and will read more from this author.
Sheri Johnson
Aug 10, 2016
Pat
Jul 14, 2014
Tynisha
rated it did not like it
Dec 15, 2013
Stacian
Aug 16, 2012
Terry
May 12, 2019
Sue Smith
Sep 27, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• The Wild One (Secret Fires, #1)
  • The Agreement (Secret Fires, #3)
  • Savage Devotion
  • Flame (Flame Set, #1)
  • The Lone Warrior (Once Upon a Time in the West, #3)
After working as a department manager for Famous-Barr, and briefly as a clerk at a bookstore, Bobbi Smith gave up on career security and began writing. She sold her first book to Zebra in 1982. Since then, Bobbi has written over 40 books and several short stories. To date, there are more than five million of her novels in print. She has been awarded the prestigious Romantic Times Storyteller of th ...more

Secret Fires (4 books)
  • The Wild One (Secret Fires, #1)
  • The Agreement (Secret Fires, #3)
  • The Loner (Secret Fires, #4)